• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Top Ten---Week 9

Started by SUGARTOWN, October 22, 2017, 11:07:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

1. Joe T. Robinson
2. Arkadelphia
3. Warren
4. Pea Ridge
5. Booneville
6. Prairie Grove
7. Dardanelle
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Nashville
10. Stuttgart

Not much change 1-8, PG moves up one spot leapfrogging Dardanelle who got their 2nd loss Friday night. Ashdown and Southside drop out and Nashville and Stuttgart move in.

nastynice

Hard to argue with that one. Things are starting to line out. Dardy has another test Friday at Ozark, and that's a tough place to play. 

FootBallar21

I still think Ashdown is a top 10 team:

My rankings

1. Robinson
2. Arkadelphia
3. Warren
4. Pea Ridge
5. Nashville
6. Booneville
7. Prairie Grove
8. Ashdown
9. Dardanelle
10. SC

Oldbadger

I have to agree on the Ashdown comment.  After seeing them play Friday without their starting QB, I shudder to think of them with him back.  They have some athletes and they will make some noise.  Be ready is all I can say.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 22, 2017, 11:58:13 am
I have to agree on the Ashdown comment.  After seeing them play Friday without their starting QB, I shudder to think of them with him back.  They have some athletes and they will make some noise.  Be ready is all I can say.

I don't think the QB's coming back this year though. But yes, they're still a good team without him.

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 22, 2017, 11:58:13 am
He is not coming back, will start rehab and concentrate on baseball. And I don't blame him.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on October 22, 2017, 12:25:34 pm
He is not coming back, will start rehab and concentrate on baseball. And I don't blame him.
Don't blame him a bit.

RyanLR

And Warren still lurking, running roughshod over their conference.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RyanLR on October 22, 2017, 01:03:21 pm
And Warren still lurking, running roughshod over their conference.

Yep, but quite a few teams could run roughshod over that conference.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 22, 2017, 01:19:48 pm

Most of the top ten could

RyanLR

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 22, 2017, 01:19:48 pm
That top 5 though is pretty stacked.

dukes424

Mine

Pea Ridge
Robinson
Arky
Shiloh
Warren
Pg
Booneville
Dardenelle
Nashville
Ashdown

LJ06

Quote from: dukes424 on October 22, 2017, 07:19:06 pm
Mine

Pea Ridge
Robinson
Arky
Shiloh
Warren
Pg
Booneville
Dardenelle
Nashville
Ashdown

Shiloh above PG???

beach bum

October 22, 2017, 07:33:11 pm #13 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:53:53 pm by beach bum
Quote from: LJ06 on October 22, 2017, 01:28:15 pm
Most of the top ten could

I seriously want to know what happened to the 8-4A?? I think most everyone in the state is wondering that too. I don't mean that in a mocking way, but more along the line I am shocked a conference outside of Warren could fall on such hard times. It has felt like the 8-4A in the past was always going to put a product on the field across the board that was competitive state wide in the postseason and even in defeats put up a fight even their 3 and 4 seeds. I know Hamburg is usually steady but down. Then we have historically competitive teams like Star City & Dollarway literally putting awful teams on the field by their standards. Some of you 8-4A posters may know the fine details of why the 8-4A has fallen on hard times? Is it coaching, facilities, roster numbers, or even deeper than that? I think the absence of the 8-4A as a strong 4A conference is one of the biggest shockers in the classification going on right now.

beach bum

Quote from: LJ06 on October 22, 2017, 07:32:31 pm
Shiloh above PG???

He also must think 1-6 is separated by absolutely nothing considering PG is 5 spots behind Pea Ridge and lost by 5 @ Pea Ridge. That was with PG marching into the red zone until a fumble with a minute and change left. Pea Ridge was better than PG but he must think 1-6 are extremely close with those rankings.

RZback

When you look at those teams it could break down in just about any fashion.  All it takes is a hot run or one bad night and you are done.   Hard to really tell about teams/conferences untill the playoffs begin.

LJ06

Quote from: beach bum on October 22, 2017, 07:33:11 pm
I seriously want to know what happened to the 8-4A?? I think most everyone in the state is wondering that too. I don't mean that in a mocking way, but more along the line I am shocked a conference outside of Warren could fall on such hard times. It has felt like the 8-4A in the past was always going to put a product on the field across the board that was competitive state wide in the postseason and even in defeats put up a fight even their 3 and 4 seeds. I know Hamburg is usually steady but down. Then we have historically competitive teams like Star City & Dollarway literally putting awful teams on the field by their standards. Some of you 8-4A posters may know the fine details of why the 8-4A has fallen on hard times? Is it coaching, facilities, roster numbers, or even deeper than that? I think the absence of the 8-4A has a strong 4A conference is one of the biggest shockers in the classification going on right now.

Faultering enrollement numbers and just an overall lack of athletes especially this season.

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on October 22, 2017, 07:34:52 pm
He also must think 1-6 is separated by absolutely nothing considering PG is 5 spots behind Pea Ridge and lost by 5 @ Pea Ridge. That was with PG marching into the red zone until a fumble with a minute and change left. Pea Ridge was better than PG but he must think 1-6 are extremely close with those rankings.
Nice to see you back to normal

I think the top 5 is interchangeable and really doesn't matter until thanksgiving. It'll all work itself out. I personally would put Warren #1 since they're the champs and no one from the 4A has taken them out, just like Nashville was #1 until someone took them out last year. It's a good thing they played LRV in non conference because they aren't going to get much competition to prep for the playoffs in conference play.  After that either Robinson/PR/Arky.

PR has already beaten two teams in most people's top 6, with a shot at another top 7-8 win @ Shiloh week 10.

Shiloh blew a ton of chances against PG, and watching that film had to have been frustrating for the Saints. PG is tough as always, just doesn't have that 1-2 kids that can take over a game. Just a solid, well-coached program.

Going to be a fun November. I think any of the top 5 can win it all.

dukes424

Quote from: beach bum on October 22, 2017, 07:34:52 pm
Your exactly right I would say not much seperates the top 8 anyone of those teams could win it all. If the Ashdown qb comes back theres another one that could possibly win it all. 

RyanLR

Quote from: dukes424 on October 23, 2017, 08:30:32 am
Your exactly right I would say not much seperates the top 8 anyone of those teams could win it all. If the Ashdown qb comes back theres another one that could possibly win it all.
It's a pretty well known fact that Jaden Hill is going to concentrate on his college baseball career at LSU. He's not coming back.

nastynice

dukes424, there's only 4 teams on that list that have a good chance of winning it all.

dukes424

Quote from: nastynice on October 23, 2017, 10:40:54 am
dukes424, there's only 4 teams on that list that have a good chance of winning it all.
We can agree to disagree, I dont see much seperation from  1 - 8 I think its wide open this year.

nastynice

The way the bracket sets up and from what I've seen in person or on film either Warren, Arky, Joe T or Ridge will win it this year. Take it to the bank.  The rest of us are just running a fundraiser for the AAA!

dukes424

Lol I don't know I guess we will see. I'm still trying to figure out why 5 per conference go to the playoffs just don't make sense to me. Its all about the money I guess.

bigchief72455

Quote from: nastynice on October 23, 2017, 10:56:35 am
The way the bracket sets up and from what I've seen in person or on film either Warren, Arky, Joe T or Ridge will win it this year. Take it to the bank.  The rest of us are just running a fundraiser for the AAA!
That is funny right there. And yet true.

bigchief72455

I noticed all the Batesville Southside chatter has kind of fallen off.

Panther4life

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 23, 2017, 11:13:34 am
I noticed all the Batesville Southside chatter has kind of fallen off.
I noticed that too!!

3 Dollar

Mine:

1...Robinson
2...Pea Ridge
3...Warren
4...Arkadelphia
5...Prairie Grove
6...Booneville
7...Shiloh Christian
8...Nashville
9...Dardanelle
10..Ashdown

Nacho

Quote from: 3 Dollar on October 23, 2017, 03:46:56 pm
Mine:

1...Robinson
2...Pea Ridge
3...Warren
4...Arkadelphia
5...Prairie Grove
6...Booneville
7...Shiloh Christian
8...Nashville
9...Dardanelle
10..Ashdown

Not that you care but this seems right on to me, for right now. I think Ashdown needs to be in the top ten, after Arkadelphia beat them this Friday I just think it showed how good Arkadelphia is, and how good Ashdown is. The score doesn't show how close that game really was. I'll just say we are very fortunate to have Victor Tademy...Keep your eye on him!

SUGARTOWN

October 23, 2017, 04:08:29 pm #29 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 05:24:19 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Nacho on October 23, 2017, 03:49:36 pm
Not that you care but this seems right on to me, for right now. I think Ashdown needs to be in the top ten, after Arkadelphia beat them this Friday I just think it showed how good Arkadelphia is, and how good Ashdown is. The score doesn't show how close that game really was. I'll just say we are very fortunate to have Victor Tademy...Keep your eye on him!

They could still be a top 10 team, no doubt, but they're staring a 3 game losing streak in the face right now...unless they pull off an upset this week.

cuckoobird

Batesville is still a very good team. Perception of conference strength is just that right now, perception. I'll repeat what I've said several times this year, everyone thought the 7-4a was the toughest conference last year until the playoffs happened...

Trojanbird

So are you trying to slip in the back door and prop up the 2?  We have gotten it going so to speak, but look at this conference.  Not putting anyone down, but it seems to me that there appears to be some soft parity here.  IMO!

jimbojack

My top 5:
1) Warren -- to be the man, you gotta beat the man.  Nobody stops the Freak Show, led by Burks and McKnight.
2) Robinson -- with good offense, great defense, and tremendous coaching, they could challenge.
3) Arkadelphia -- would love to see a rematch with Robinson, now that all weapons are available.
4) Ashdown-- great athletes all around.  Just wish Hill was healthy.
5). Winner of next week's matchup between Pes Ridge and Shiloh. Pea Ridge probably deserves this spot, but I'm picking Shiloh in the upset.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Trojanbird on October 23, 2017, 11:45:35 pm
So are you trying to slip in the back door and prop up the 2?  We have gotten it going so to speak, but look at this conference.  Not putting anyone down, but it seems to me that there appears to be some soft parity here.  IMO!

The 2-4A is in the middle of pack as far as conferences go.

youhavenoidea

1-Warren... to be the champ beat the champ
2-Robinson... might be the year, looking at 1st conference title in 11-12 years
3-Pea Ridge... great team, haven't seen them but heard good thing
4-Arkadelphia... tough run game, strong defense= playoff run
5-Prairie Grove... tradition and pride, only loss to Pea Ridge
6-Booneville... ditto
7-Shiloh Christian... solid team in NWA, 1-4A is tough let's see what happens week 10
8-Dardanelle...only know Booneville got them by 1 pt and week 1 to Charleston
9-Nashville...signs of life after rough beginning?
T-10-Ashdown...could be higher if Hill healthy, two game slide not looking good
T-10- Batesville SS..not sure about but still think a top ten maybe

hogfan10

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 23, 2017, 06:50:34 pm
Batesville is still a very good team. Perception of conference strength is just that right now, perception. I'll repeat what I've said several times this year, everyone thought the 7-4a was the toughest conference last year until the playoffs happened...

3 of the 74-A playoff teams lost to the State Champ or the State Runner - Up. One of those losses was the 5 seed taking the State Runner - Up to the wire.
I'd say 74-A was a pretty tough conference last year, and 1-8 maybe the toughest last year.

cuckoobird

The runner up wasn't the second best team in the state. They benefited from being in the weaker bracket. It happens every year though

hogfan10

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 24, 2017, 10:54:09 am
The runner up wasn't the second best team in the state. They benefited from being in the weaker bracket. It happens every year though

OK, don't disagree. Personally I think they benefited from an overconfident Nashville more so than anything else. Still doesn't discount the fact that
1-8, the 74-A was as strong as any 4A conference in the state.

cuckoobird

They weren't the strongest though like many thought. That's my point

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: beach bum on October 22, 2017, 07:33:11 pm
I seriously want to know what happened to the 8-4A?? I think most everyone in the state is wondering that too. I don't mean that in a mocking way, but more along the line I am shocked a conference outside of Warren could fall on such hard times. It has felt like the 8-4A in the past was always going to put a product on the field across the board that was competitive state wide in the postseason and even in defeats put up a fight even their 3 and 4 seeds. I know Hamburg is usually steady but down. Then we have historically competitive teams like Star City & Dollarway literally putting awful teams on the field by their standards. Some of you 8-4A posters may know the fine details of why the 8-4A has fallen on hard times? Is it coaching, facilities, roster numbers, or even deeper than that? I think the absence of the 8-4A as a strong 4A conference is one of the biggest shockers in the classification going on right now.
From my lone Hamburg poster opinion, we lost a ton of seniors last season that has hurt us allot, we have several great athletes that just don't play, either kicked off the team or just walking the halls now and has no interest in football, but we still do have talent this year that I do not think is being put to good use, and as I have stated many times this season our offensive scheme has killed us all year and will continue to do so. We are a one dimensional offense that any good coach with half a defense can defend, on the upside almost the whole team will return next season. If the staff will just make a few changes we could compete with some of the better teams.                 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 24, 2017, 11:43:03 am
From my lone Hamburg poster opinion, we lost a ton of seniors last season that has hurt us allot, we have several great athletes that just don't play, either kicked off the team or just walking the halls now and has no interest in football, but we still do have talent this year that I do not think is being put to good use, and as I have stated many times this season our offensive scheme has killed us all year and will continue to do so. We are a one dimensional offense that any good coach with half a defense can defend, on the upside almost the whole team will return next season. If the staff will just make a few changes we could compete with some of the better teams.                 

Rather than digging, The hc still the same as the past several years?

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 24, 2017, 12:47:47 pm
Rather than digging, The hc still the same as the past several years?
Same HC and he calls all of the offensive plays. Great guy. He runs his version of the spread. I will leave it at that.     

Jacketman65

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 22, 2017, 11:07:15 am
1. Joe T. Robinson
2. Arkadelphia
3. Warren
4. Pea Ridge
5. Booneville
6. Prairie Grove
7. Dardanelle
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Nashville
10. Stuttgart

Not much change 1-8, PG moves up one spot leapfrogging Dardanelle who got their 2nd loss Friday night. Ashdown and Southside drop out and Nashville and Stuttgart move in.
It was only a matter of time before the ole Homer stepped in!  You really have to be kidding yourself by putting the turds in there, you do realize that you are in one of the softest conferences in the state!  Whow,I think you have Lonoke this week - Good Luck!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 22, 2017, 11:55:16 am
I still think Ashdown is a top 10 team:

My rankings

1. Robinson
2. Arkadelphia
3. Warren
4. Pea Ridge
5. Nashville
6. Booneville
7. Prairie Grove
8. Ashdown
9. Dardanelle
10. SC
They can take a punch that's for sure.

nastynice

RZback

Booneville not better than Prairie Grove.

prHOG13

RZback

I don't think Nashville with 3 losses is better than PG either. 

cuckoobird

nastynice

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas