• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston @ Perryville

Started by 2010Tigerhaz-been, October 22, 2017, 05:31:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2010Tigerhaz-been

I'll take the Tigers by a couple of scores

Lineman

If the Tigers play like they did last week, I'll take them by a couple of scores. Probably the best they've played as a team all year. O-line played their best game yet, the big boys gave Caudle time to go through his progressions, set up & throw. How well does Perryville defend the pass?  Do they have anyone that can go stride for stride with our receivers?

Paperman

Charleston will win this one by 27+

Mister Fister

Perryville is pretty big up front and like to be physical in the trenches.  I think this will be Charleston's toughest test in conf play.

eagles04

perryville is by far the best team i have ever seen in the 3a. They will win by 50+

Mr.Bearded

Perryvilles pass defense has gotten a little better since the mayflower game, but it still won't be good enough to hang with Charelston. I'm afraid we will have to play a nearly perfect game to keep it a game. I'll say Charelston by 17

Red Devil Dad

This game will be mercy rule by half time if the Tigers play like the did last week. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Shouldn't be close. It is hard for small schools to compete against high D1 talent.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: eagles04 on October 22, 2017, 01:03:19 pm
perryville is by far the best team i have ever seen in the 3a. They will win by 50+
Better than the Mayflower team that beat them by 30?

beach bum

If Charleston has all their players ready then they will throw all over Perryville. That said Perryville will get rolling at times with their run game. They are running that double wing so well right now. Too many athletes will take over and win this for Charleston. I think Perryville keeps it close at half then Charleston pulls away by 20-28 points. I'll go ahead and take Charleston 48-26.

beach bum

???

Lineman

You must not watch a lot of 3A ball.

papaeagle

Having played both, therefore some knowledge, I go with Charleston by 28... Perryville showed us a good competitive team.  They are in the playoffs but we need to win one more game to get our Eagles in. Good luck to both teams for a well played game without injuries.
Papaeagle    :-*

papaeagle

gold45

I'm glad this game is being played at the end of the season versus the first of our season.  Our run defense has improved substantially since the beginning of the season.  Perryville seems to have a pretty solid run game and I know they will score some points.  Their defense won't be able to stop our offense though so Chuck wins this one handily.

Chuck 42
PV 21

ISU7

CoolBreeze

Quote from: papaeagle on October 22, 2017, 08:06:05 pm
Having played both, therefore some knowledge, I go with Charleston by 28... Perryville showed us a good competitive team.  They are in the playoffs but we need to win one more game to get our Eagles in. Good luck to both teams for a well played game without injuries.
Papaeagle    :-*
+1

gold45

It's GAMEDAY!!  Ready to watch the Tigers do their thing and win!! Hope they play like they did last week against Atkins!

Lineman

They definitely played their best game of the year last week, they need to continue that trend. It's gonna be a little chilly tonight, I may have to break out the long pants.

nastynice

Quote from: Lineman on October 27, 2017, 08:18:54 am
They definitely played their best game of the year last week, they need to continue that trend. It's gonna be a little chilly tonight, I may have to break out the long pants.

Nah. Just a little thicker undershirt under that hoodie will be enough for you! 

Lineman

RedTigerFan

October 27, 2017, 09:27:05 am #21 Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:23:34 pm by RedTigerFan

Lineman

Charleston's run defense has improved over the last few weeks, so we'll see. Can Perryville keep up with the Tigers speed??

Hitman Warrior23

Hitman Warrior23

HogRider12

You are an idiot. Deactivate your account.  You sir are a disgrace to football.  Perryville has played nobody besides Mayflower, and you see how that ended up. Tonight they will be having deju vu of the mayflower game. 

Red Devil Dad

Charleston will win big in this one, running clock entire 2nd half.  No disrespect to Perryville intended, Charleston just has too much speed. 

YC

With wind gust from 15 to 20 mph it could somewhat neutralize the Tiger speed and passing advantage.

If Perryville can limit the penalties and turnovers it could be a game.

Charleston's defense against the run will most likely be put to the test. That's the area IMO where they have struggled the most.

I haven't been to Perryville for many years and can't remember anything about the town. I hope they have a good restaurant that serves good American food nearby. Otherwise it will be a long, cold, and hungry night for me.   

Mr.Bearded

Quote from: YC on October 27, 2017, 12:04:16 pm
With wind gust from 15 to 20 mph it could somewhat neutralize the Tiger speed and passing advantage.

If Perryville can limit the penalties and turnovers it could be a game.

Charleston's defense against the run will most likely be put to the test. That's the area IMO where they have struggled the most.

I haven't been to Perryville for many years and can't remember anything about the town. I hope they have a good restaurant that serves good American food nearby. Otherwise it will be a long, cold, and hungry night for me.   
Jones cafe, mustang Sally's or the Mexican restaurant is all we got other than sonic

Longfellow

Quote from: Mr.Bearded on October 27, 2017, 12:14:02 pm
Jones cafe, mustang Sally's or the Mexican restaurant is all we got other than sonic
Mustang Sally's is a good place to eat. Jones cafe is a good place as well. I remember eating there with my grandparents as a little kid

beach bum

Good luck to both teams as far as staying safe and injury free getting close to the playoffs and a well executed game on both sides I hope. Don't want to see either here lay a little bit of an egg and have an off night. An off night by Charleston could equal a pretty competitive game in this one. An off night for Perryville and it could get out of hand. Again, good luck to both schools. I am starting to root for both these programs to do well.

Hitman Warrior23

This post is awesome!! :)

On side

Ready to see how the Mustangs perform tonight.  As for eating places:
Wilma's decent food, fried rice is good North end of town
Mustang Sally's is good on court square
Los Alamos is good on court square
Pizza Pro center on town, good pizza and salads
Jones South of town a few miles.  Good food.
Concessions Stand on visitors side has good chicken strip basket and fried Oreos and Home side makes a good burger.
Good luck and safe travels.

On side

End of 1st
Perryville 6
Charleston 7

On side

GBattack

Someone said Charleston isn't playing their 1st team defense?

On side

End of 3rd
Perryville 6
Charleston 28

gold45

35-6 Final.  The Mustangs are a good football team but one of the dirtiest I've seen in a long time.  Never been to Perryville's field before and really liked the facilities.  Great concessions!  Hate to leave with with such a bad taste in my mouth cause of the dirty play but just thankful no one got seriously hurt.  Proud of the Tigers!

papaeagle

Quote from: gold45 on October 27, 2017, 09:49:08 pm
35-6 Final.  The Mustangs are a good football team but one of the dirtiest I've seen in a long time.  Never been to Perryville's field before and really liked the facilities.  Great concessions!  Hate to leave with with such a bad taste in my mouth cause of the dirty play but just thankful no one got seriously hurt.  Proud of the Tigers!
I was told the SAME thing about repeated bad dirty play the entire game when Paris played them, and the refs did NOT make any corrections. Think film was sent to AAA and a report was made. Poor ref rule knowledge and not watching out for repeated infractions the dirty play produced.  NOT GOOD for whomever plays there.  >:(

FBGFDRUM

What happened?

On side

Would have to say both ways.  The refs should of put a stop to it before it got out of hand.  Glad no one was hurt.  Good luck in playoffs.

gold45

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on October 27, 2017, 10:06:27 pm
What happened?

Just a lot of unnecessary (for lack of a better word) crap that didn't seem to serve any other purpose than to hurt someone, particularly our QB.  As soon as the Mustangs knew they were beat, it really started to amp up.  The refs threw a few flags to try to control it, but not near as many as they probably should have.  Regardless, the game is over, no one got seriously hurt, and the Tigers won so it was a good night!

gold45

Quote from: GBattack on October 27, 2017, 08:11:46 pm
Someone said Charleston isn't playing their 1st team defense?

Several of the starters who sometimes play both ways just played offense for most of the game.  The defensive crew that started tonight did an awesome job holding PV to only 6 points!!

James20

Well it's an okay little town but quite redneck and dirty football team. It doesn't reflect all of that town. They're probably tired of getting beat. I noticed it at the junior high game.

On side

Quote from: gold45 on October 28, 2017, 12:40:37 am
Several of the starters who sometimes play both ways just played offense for most of the game.  The defensive crew that started tonight did an awesome job holding PV to only 6 points!!
That was a great goal line stop in 2nd quarter.  Hats off to Charleston, their defense forces 5 turnovers, can't win a ball game or keep it close when you don't have the ball.

YC

Had a great time and enjoyed my trip very much. Dined at Mustang Salley's and it was very good food and the establishment was clean. I loved the court dining area and it gave the establishment great atmosphere. There was a light sprinkle of rain and cold upon arrival so that area was unused. On warm spring or autumn mornings that would be a great place to meet and enjoy being around friends. I loved the courthouse square. The people I encountered were friendly and courteous.

I liked the fact the stands were close to the playing field (no track) and to me that makes for a more enjoyable game viewing experience. It may have been the smallest Charleston crowd I've seen in some time but it was cold with a threat of rain and a long driving trip. The wind did lay some post game and appeared to have little effect on the game.

I did not think this was the Tigers best game overall. The defense played extremely well but did give up a few big runs to keep some Mustang drives alive. The offense struggled at times and the passing game was not as sharp as some previous games. Of course, is was the first cold night of the season and that could have had some effect. The quality of the opponent could have as well.

When the Mustangs took their opening drive the length of the field and scored I thought we were possibly in for a long night. However, the defense stiffened at that point and even though the bent some they did not break. I though the big goal line stand was the turning point in the game.

Perryville is a good football team but IMO they need to work on their passing game. IIRC they did not complete a pass and the Tigers had four interceptions.

The unnecessary roughness of the game was the only troubling aspect and the coaches need to work on getting that stopped in the future. I blame some of that on the officials delaying blowing the whistle when the plays are obviously over. However, I've seen that all year and just not in this game.

All and all it was an enjoyment trip and congratulation to the Tigers on winning the conference championship.       

CoolBreeze

Yet another undefeated regular season and conference championship for the Tigers. Congrats.

On side

YC, I agree the goal line stop changed the the momentum of the game.  Hope we can fix some of the problems we had before Thursday at Atkins.
Mustangs is a neat place to eat, glad you enjoyed the trip!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 28, 2017, 11:29:21 am
Yet another undefeated regular season and conference championship for the Tigers. Congrats.

Perhaps out of respect for the young athletes, this post should wait till next week.

CHSTigersFan

Quote from: YC on October 28, 2017, 11:25:20 am
Had a great time and enjoyed my trip very much. Dined at Mustang Salley's and it was very good food and the establishment was clean. I loved the court dining area and it gave the establishment great atmosphere. There was a light sprinkle of rain and cold upon arrival so that area was unused. On warm spring or autumn mornings that would be a great place to meet and enjoy being around friends. I loved the courthouse square. The people I encountered were friendly and courteous.

I liked the fact the stands were close to the playing field (no track) and to me that makes for a more enjoyable game viewing experience. It may have been the smallest Charleston crowd I've seen in some time but it was cold with a threat of rain and a long driving trip. The wind did lay some post game and appeared to have little effect on the game.

I did not think this was the Tigers best game overall. The defense played extremely well but did give up a few big runs to keep some Mustang drives alive. The offense struggled at times and the passing game was not as sharp as some previous games. Of course, is was the first cold night of the season and that could have had some effect. The quality of the opponent could have as well.

When the Mustangs took their opening drive the length of the field and scored I thought we were possibly in for a long night. However, the defense stiffened at that point and even though the bent some they did not break. I though the big goal line stand was the turning point in the game.

Perryville is a good football team but IMO they need to work on their passing game. IIRC they did not complete a pass and the Tigers had four interceptions.

The unnecessary roughness of the game was the only troubling aspect and the coaches need to work on getting that stopped in the future. I blame some of that on the officials delaying blowing the whistle when the plays are obviously over. However, I've seen that all year and just not in this game.

All and all it was an enjoyment trip and congratulation to the Tigers on winning the conference championship.       

Thanks for the wrap up YC, hopefully it will be a little warmer on Friday if I get back from getting my son in time we are gonna make the game. Geaux Tigers ;-)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas