• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How should Unrecognized, Recognized high school athletes feel?

Started by LaFlamaBlanca55, October 05, 2017, 12:22:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LaFlamaBlanca55

I enjoy reading through the smaller classification boards becaause all you smaller town guys are usually more passionate as a whole about your sports, I have a serious question for you guys and hope you guys give me some truthful thoughts and opinions. How do you guys feel about this scenario.

A player is an underclassmen (not a senior), or any player for that matter,  and he does not get recognized/voted on by the Conference coaches or the AAA or whoever as receiving recognition for his performance during the year, however the school chooses to recognize him anyway publicly.

For example a kid doesn't get recognized as all conf, all region, all state whatever officially, but the school claims and recognizes him publicly as receiving such award.

what are yall's thoughts and comments on something like this, ill hang up and listen

lorettalynn

BW2015

Bildo

To recognize them as a good/great player is fine, I think. For many kids, if they didn't have the success in sports, may not be a participant in anything. In many instances. It is the only thing that keeps them coming to school. It's no different thank being a success in FFA, Band , Cheerleading, etc,,, BUT if they are recognizing them as all conference for example, that is MUCH different. Awards are to be earned... if the school wishes to acknowledge a student for their success at that school... I have no problem with that

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas