• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Top 10

Started by snoopy22, June 02, 2017, 09:07:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopy22

Let's hear everyone's 3A preseason top 10 before the magazine comes out.  Then we can do another one after it comes out when you can gather a little more info.  I know the 3-3A and the 6-3A are going to be hard to rank with about three to five teams that will be in the hunt.

Razorhummer

1.Charleston
2.Newport
3.Prescott
4.Rivercrest
5.Glen Rose
6.Harding Academy
7.Fordyce
8.Junction City
9.Piggott
10.Bald Knob

Jimbo Morphis

McGehee has a very talented jr class. They will be top 5 or so if they stay healthy. For sure top 10.

macadoshis

1.Charleston
2.Newport
3.Prescott
4.Rivercrest
5.Glen Rose
6.Harding Academy
7.Mgheehee
8.Fordyce
9.JC
10.Piggot

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on June 03, 2017, 10:54:43 am
McGehee has a very talented jr class. They will be top 5 or so if they stay healthy. For sure top 10.

I agree. 3A-6 is going to be very fun this year.

Razorhummer

Yeah I was wondering about McGehee and also Smackover. I wouldn't be surprised if Bald Knob has another good season. I don't think they will finish 10-0 like last season but still a team to watch out for.

HeadBussa08

1. Prescott-until dethroned they are the champs, beat every contender in 3a last year that had a chance to win it in my opinion. Very impressive year leaving no doubt whatsoever who the best team was and finally got over the hump. To the victor go the spoils Curley Wolves.
2. Harding Academy-sure I'll catch some heat for it but hey its preseason, believe they return allot of starters with a strong tradition of going deep. Tough to win at Searcy in the Fall.
3. McGehee- going with the owls here because I've heard this Junior class is loaded and think they are always talented.
4. Junction City-Rough year coming into to 3a by their standards. strong rebound could be in the making.
5. Piggott- Returns allot of starters from an already tough team. Many of my friends down south still say this team and this offense will give people problems.
6. Newport-Once again return a bunch. Semi Final run last year and will be in a very competitive conference that should prepare them for the playoffs.
7. Rivercrest- Sticking with 3-3a here. I'm usually not fond of NEA football but maybe this is the year you just gotta give credit where credit is due. Colts will be tough. and don't forget they won that conference last year.
8. Chucktown USA- Tigers have one of the best in the State in SMF. His success along with the tradition rich program the tigers have will have them in the running for sure. Not sure of what they have returning back and believe they have to fill a QB void. But still will be in the hunt.
9. Haskell Harmony Grove- Riddled with injuries last year I believe they have enough to be a sleeper in 3a this year time will tell and I could be completely wrong but they will be tough I think.
10. Fordyce- The most underappreciated team in 3a last year in my opinion. Outside of the 6-3a and Prescott I don't think many people have a clue just how good this team was. Believe they lose some starpower but should be right in the mix of things.

Sure i'll ruffle some feathers but hey its the pre-season. I can do that.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Razorhummer on June 03, 2017, 11:53:05 pm
Yeah I was wondering about McGehee and also Smackover. I wouldn't be surprised if Bald Knob has another good season. I don't think they will finish 10-0 like last season but still a team to watch out for.
Smackover will struggle like most teams do in the first year of a new system causing those posters on here who demanded a coaching change to question their wishes.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on June 04, 2017, 07:47:37 am
Smackover will struggle like most teams do in the first year of a new system causing those posters on here who demanded a coaching change to question their wishes.

They may not win every game but I promise you they won't lose a game because anyone is tired.

BigBrother

Excellent solace pb. I can hear it now, we lost 8 this year but we weren't tired! Classic bucktardtalk.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BigBrother on June 04, 2017, 07:37:02 pm
Excellent solace pb. I can hear it now, we lost 8 this year but we weren't tired! Classic bucktardtalk.

You must be new here, son. I guess you haven't read about Smackover having conditioning issues the past few years.

That's what I was referring to, jack wagon.

They are still going to be a very good team. Three new coaches and a complete new offense/defense packages.

If they can work on all the techniques that Mike is teaching them. Watch out.

HorseFeathers

Proud Buckaroo

June 04, 2017, 08:11:06 pm #12 Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:43:37 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 04, 2017, 08:10:30 pm
#cramps

Exactly what I am referring to but some people just don't know how to read very well.

Jimbo Morphis

June 04, 2017, 08:22:34 pm #13 Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:25:13 pm by Oldman
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 04, 2017, 07:52:00 pm
You must be new here, son. I guess you haven't read about Smackover having conditioning issues the past few years.

That's what I was referring to, jack wagon.

They are still going to be a very good team. Three new coaches and a complete new offense/defense packages.

If they can work on all the techniques that Mike is teaching them. Watch out.
Son and Jack Wagon? Someone is feeling cocky today.

Proud Buckaroo

No. Just annoyed at someone's failed trolling. He/she tried to tell me my conference standings for district in baseball was wrong. When I was right. I asked how was I wrong.. and he/she didn't respond.

snoopy22

June 04, 2017, 09:05:10 pm #15 Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 09:06:46 pm by snoopy22
I'll give it a shot.
1.  Prescott
2.  Piggott
3.  Newport
4.  Rivercrest
5.  McGehee
6.  Harding Academy
7.  Junction City
8.  Charleston
9.  Fouke
10.  Harmony Grove Haskell  10A.  Centerpoint
Honorable Mentions:  Fordyce, Smackover, Glen Rose, Osceola, Clinton, Bald Knob.

Proud Buckaroo

I can't wait for the hooten's book to come out to see what their thoughts are.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 04, 2017, 09:08:58 pm
I can't wait for the hooten's book to come out to see what their thoughts are.

I bet there will be a north/west Arkansas bias to it

Lumberjackfan1978

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 04, 2017, 09:17:01 pm
I bet there will be a north/west Arkansas bias to it
All depends on who buys the most ads.

Jimbo Morphis

What does Glen Rose have coming back?

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Oldman on June 05, 2017, 10:27:41 am
What does Glen Rose have coming back?
QB JT Towers, this kid will be a Soph that got some good playing time against Charleston.  Kid will be a stud!!!

snoopy22

Towers had a bad wreck this spring and could be out for a year recovering.  I'm not 100 percent on this but heard it through the grapevine.  Hopefully he will have a full recovery.

BigMan15

1. Prescott
2. Charleston
3. Newport
4. Glen Rose
5. Rivercrest
6. Harding
7. HHG
8. McGehee
9. Smackover
10. Centerpoint

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on June 05, 2017, 10:56:31 am
QB JT Towers, this kid will be a Soph that got some good playing time against Charleston.  Kid will be a stud!!!
Did they lose a lot of seniors from last year?

snoopy22

Coltfan2005

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on June 04, 2017, 02:38:29 am
1. Prescott-until dethroned they are the champs, beat every contender in 3a last year that had a chance to win it in my opinion. Very impressive year leaving no doubt whatsoever who the best team was and finally got over the hump. To the victor go the spoils Curley Wolves.
2. Harding Academy-sure I'll catch some heat for it but hey its preseason, believe they return allot of starters with a strong tradition of going deep. Tough to win at Searcy in the Fall.
3. McGehee- going with the owls here because I've heard this Junior class is loaded and think they are always talented.
4. Junction City-Rough year coming into to 3a by their standards. strong rebound could be in the making.
5. Piggott- Returns allot of starters from an already tough team. Many of my friends down south still say this team and this offense will give people problems.
6. Newport-Once again return a bunch. Semi Final run last year and will be in a very competitive conference that should prepare them for the playoffs.
7. Rivercrest- Sticking with 3-3a here. I'm usually not fond of NEA football but maybe this is the year you just gotta give credit where credit is due. Colts will be tough. and don't forget they won that conference last year.
8. Chucktown USA- Tigers have one of the best in the State in SMF. His success along with the tradition rich program the tigers have will have them in the running for sure. Not sure of what they have returning back and believe they have to fill a QB void. But still will be in the hunt.
9. Haskell Harmony Grove- Riddled with injuries last year I believe they have enough to be a sleeper in 3a this year time will tell and I could be completely wrong but they will be tough I think.
10. Fordyce- The most underappreciated team in 3a last year in my opinion. Outside of the 6-3a and Prescott I don't think many people have a clue just how good this team was. Believe they lose some starpower but should be right in the mix of things.

Sure i'll ruffle some feathers but hey its the pre-season. I can do that.

Since Piggott is at the very tip of Northeast Arkansas, I would not pay too much attention to whoever it is you are talking to "down south". Having said that, move them to #6, Drop Harding to #10, move Charleston to #2, Rivercrest to #3, Mac to #4, Newport to 5. Look out for a triple threat backfield from the Colts this year. Two great rb's and a qb that brings 2010 to mind.

SR30

To tbe ones asking Glen Rose will be Glen Rose again.. reloaded and ready to go!! Will miss Towers for sure in the backfield though. We will be fine tuned come the opening game against Malvern.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on June 07, 2017, 09:32:35 pm
Since Piggott is at the very tip of Northeast Arkansas, I would not pay too much attention to whoever it is you are talking to "down south". Having said that, move them to #6, Drop Harding to #10, move Charleston to #2, Rivercrest to #3, Mac to #4, Newport to 5. Look out for a triple threat backfield from the Colts this year. Two great rb's and a qb that brings 2010 to mind.
the people "down south" im referring to are from Prescott who mercy ruled this Piggott team. pretty knowledgeable lol

Skip Baymore

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on June 12, 2017, 04:42:50 am
the people "down south" im referring to are from Prescott who mercy ruled this Piggott team. pretty knowledgeable lol

Yep.  And that's a confusing comment from Coltfan, especially since Piggott is at the Northeastern tip of AR.  And giving his own top ten here prob. would have been better than rearranging 6 of someone else's 10.

luxora4life

Quote from: Skip Baymore on June 13, 2017, 11:32:58 pm
Yep.  And that's a confusing comment from Coltfan, especially since Piggott is at the Northeastern tip of AR.  And giving his own top ten here prob. would have been better than rearranging 6 of someone else's 10.
It's not that confusing considering he lives in Piggott.

Coltfan2005

yes, I do live in Piggott. So? Might that make me a little more "knowledgeable" about Piggott football than someone who watched them play one game?

snoopy22

So do you not think Piggott will be very good?

luxora4life

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on June 17, 2017, 09:34:15 pm
yes, I do live in Piggott. So? Might that make me a little more "knowledgeable" about Piggott football than someone who watched them play one game?

In my book, that would qualify you.

Coltfan2005

I think Piggott will be very good. Co-confrence champs possibly, but I don't think they are good enough to be a top 4 rated team right now. things have turned around but it takes a little time to become a contender against Charleston, Prescott, and some others.

coltsqb97

From what I'm hearing today the colts might have more of a quadruple threat on offense this year

Coltfan2005

Lot's of speed in the backfield, need a bruiser to open up a few holes.

coltsqb97

Isn't that what franks does?

luxora4life

Quote from: coltsqb97 on June 19, 2017, 06:50:36 pm
Isn't that what franks does?

Yes.  But if this is true,  MW is a much better at it than Franks.

HeadBussa08

Boy never been attacked before for giving someone credit on a pre-season poll lol that's a new one.

coltsqb97

Quote from: luxora4life on June 20, 2017, 02:54:08 pm
Yes.  But if this is true,  MW is a much better at it than Franks.
Is MW going to be here?

ISU7

Quote from: coltsqb97 on June 25, 2017, 09:22:03 am
Is MW going to be here?
Yes he is already here and been attending some camls.
And for those that are high on Newport they lost and will be without their main threat at Rb and lost several others. To be continue.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on July 06, 2017, 04:16:21 am
Yes he is already here and been attending some camls.
And for those that are high on Newport they lost and will be without their main threat at Rb and lost several others. To be continue.
Where can we find them?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Oldman on July 06, 2017, 04:23:11 am
Where can we find them?

If knew where to find them, they wouldn't be lost.

beach bum

Did Jessieville just get a move in from Harber? The kid that is a BYU commit and defensive player of the year in the 7A West? If this is true Jessieville just got a whole lot better real fast. If you're that good at the 7A level he is going to cause serious issues at the 3A level. In a smaller classification he can be a 2 way player now. I wouldn't want to be a defensive back trying to tackle a 245 pound full back if they so choose to play him both ways. That's for sure...

beach bum

The 5-3A didn't need anymore help.... That league is looking even more stacked now. Even their 3 or 4 seed could make a run in the postseason and win a couple games in November.

Proud Buckaroo

Elite talent is good and all. But one kid cannot do it all. Unless you are a man like KD.

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 14, 2017, 05:09:39 pm
Elite talent is good and all. But one kid cannot do it all. Unless you are a man like KD.

Exactly.... I wish I would have by now seen him in person to see just how good he is. I am sure he will be all over the run game of opposing teams. I think he will have the most impact stopping opponents running attack. If Jessieville has weak DB's they'll still get exposed as the season goes along. Also, if he has duds for OL then it won't matter if he lines up in the back field for their offense. Good defenses won't be scared to tackle him.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 14, 2017, 05:09:39 pm
Or in Smackover's case 3 or 4 can't do it all.

MynameisJeff

1. Mtn View
2. Who cares
3. Who cares
4. Who cares
5. Same as 4
5. Prescott
6. Mtn view Jr High
7. Clinton
8. Charleston
9. HA
10. Mtn View 7th grade