• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017-2018 season

Started by Hornet4ever, March 20, 2017, 10:13:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Well folks, how is everyone's off-season going? Any new stories on move ins, coaching changes, etc? We have to have some topics to fill the time. Whats your opinions on teams, who is winning your conference? Let's hear it. I'm sick of no football.

mr.gametime

From what I've be hearing McCrory will be picking up at least 3 transfers who all started for Augusta last year.

BigBob

Anyone know how many starters Mt. Ida and Hampton Return?

Hornet4ever

I wish I could tell everyone a lot about Hackett, but work has been really busy. I do know our off-season program is going well. Haven't heard of any major move ins.

BigLion10

MT Ida returns their whole team basically while Hampton loses everyone

Ventman

Mt Ida should be the heavy favorite to win it all this coming season. They looked good in the title game for sure.

BigBob

Camden Harmony Grove should be a dark horse. They return a lot and have nice sophomores coming up. Pushed mt ida in the semis last year

HG Hornet

Quote from: BigBob on March 22, 2017, 07:30:28 am
Camden Harmony Grove should be a dark horse. They return a lot and have nice sophomores coming up. Pushed mt ida in the semis last year
Thanks for the kind words.  I figure CHG will be a preseason top 10 and finish strong.  They certainly had an exciting run last year. 

Ventman

March 23, 2017, 09:15:18 am #8 Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 02:55:39 pm by Ventman
I think Hazen is a team that will be one to watch this year. They will be young but will have athletes all over the field. They will be really good in 2018. Who else from the six is going to be good?

BigBob

Quote from: CHG Hornet on March 22, 2017, 07:20:33 pm
Thanks for the kind words.  I figure CHG will be a preseason top 10 and finish strong.  They certainly had an exciting run last year.
do you know who CHG plays in their out of conference schedule?

playmaker04

I posted this in December and still feel pretty confident about it so I will share it again.

1Mt Ida- losing 5 srs.from a team that made the finals. Huge Jr and soph class. Return LaGrange 1318 rushing 27 tds. QB Jackson and Helms 94 tackles.
2 CHG- lost QB Whitley but return Hicks 1252 APY,Hill 700+ rec and 11 tds and Garcia 600+ APY,Bearden 124 tackles
3 Earle- Bohannon will be tough to stop. A huge Jr class that dominated in Jr high.
4 Conway Christian- lost Smith 1328 rec and 18 tds and Houge 145 tackles but return QB Wood 3000+ passing and 35 tds and Gates 1266 total yards. Big soph class.
5 Cross County- lose QB Thomas 1356 passing and 14 tds,M.Boykin 549 rec but return 2900+ rushing yards. All-State KK Boykin 1396 APY 16 tds,116 tackles,Henderson 1305 rushing 14 tds,V an Houten 8 sacks. Big soph class.
6 Bearden-Played in arguably the toughest conference. Returns huge Jr and Soph class.
7 Rison- same as Bearden,big Jr class,huge soph class
8 Hackett- lose QB Stormed 1792 passing 23 tds and collins 813 rec 15 tds but return Shipman 1000+ rushing,mcbride 750+ APY,Hester 723 rec. Big Jr and sr class.
9 Des Arc- lose O.Conway 1185 rushing 13 tds and Williams but return D.Conway 1068 APY. Big soph class.
10 Hampton- lose Thomas 2000+APY,Hagler1100 APY,Childs 700+ APY but return a huge soph class and leading tacklers Murphy 111T and Stephens 93T.

Could be rebuilding
England- lose 19 Srs Brazeal,Coleman,Westbrook and Thompson. Could be a big rebuilding year.
Hector-lose All-Everything Gaines but still have talent with Landrum,Graham and Haralson.
Danville- losing over 2000+ rushing in Madding and Thurman and only 5 jr's but have a huge soph class.

Teams that could surprise
Foreman- losing over 2100 rushing yds in Hall and Moore but return Batey 1000+ rushing. Big Jr class.
Murfreesboro- large Jr and Soph classes.
McCrory- Huge Jr class
Lavaca- only lost 5 Srs. Big Jr and soph class. Several skill players returning.

Disappointing:
Magnet Cove- Team has 50 kids on sidelines with huge Sr,jr and Soph class but only wins 3 games.
Lafayette co- loaded with speed and big sr class this team only won 2 games on the field. They lose college prospect Williams and L. Miller 1389 APY 12 tds.
Parkers chapel- Returned college prospect Jackson this season but only won 4 games after starting 3-0. Good news is only losing 6 srs and have a nice sophomore class and big freshman class moving up. Light may be at the end of the tunnel
ReplyQuote

eldofan

With Pc hiring a young energetic coach who will make the kids tougher and improve their O line and  D lines ( not very good last year) look for more wins to come in the coming seasons

HG Hornet

Quote from: BigBob on March 23, 2017, 09:33:27 am
do you know who CHG plays in their out of conference schedule?
Yes I do.  CHG opens up with Smackover at home, then plays at Prescott and the following week at Glen Rose.  Conference play begins week 4.

I hope both Strong and Hermitage field teams this year.  If not, we'll have two holes in our schedule.  One week off is nice for the kids and coaches, but two?????  Things will all work out I'm sure.

BigBob

CHG would have fresh legs for sure. Could help in the long run for playoffs

Hornet4ever

Quote from: CHG Hornet on March 24, 2017, 06:58:33 pm
Yes I do.  CHG opens up with Smackover at home, then plays at Prescott and the following week at Glen Rose.  Conference play begins week 4.

I hope both Strong and Hermitage field teams this year.  If not, we'll have two holes in our schedule.  One week off is nice for the kids and coaches, but two?????  Things will all work out I'm sure.

Some tough non-conference games there for sure.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Hornet4ever on March 25, 2017, 08:01:50 pm
Some tough non-conference games there for sure.
Tell me about it.  I like the fact that our coaches aren't afraid to play up instead of padding the schedule with beatable teams before conference play begins.  Last year, CHG beat Smackover handily, lost badly to Prescott, then played Glen Rose close right up until the last possession.  Two years ago, CHG surprised a lot of people and went to Prescott and won a big nonconference game.

Coach knows what he's doing.  We shall see how this season plays out.  CHG will win some games this year. 

Hornet4ever

Quote from: CHG Hornet on March 25, 2017, 10:22:43 pm
Tell me about it.  I like the fact that our coaches aren't afraid to play up instead of padding the schedule with beatable teams before conference play begins.  Last year, CHG beat Smackover handily, lost badly to Prescott, then played Glen Rose close right up until the last possession.  Two years ago, CHG surprised a lot of people and went to Prescott and won a big nonconference game.

Coach knows what he's doing.  We shall see how this season plays out.  CHG will win some games this year.

CHG will be a contender this season for sure.

Hgalum50

The 8 is gonna be good once again I think it comes down to HG, Rison, and probably Bearden this year Hampton may sneak in at the 3 or 4 but who knows it's high school football at its finest!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hgalum50 on April 14, 2017, 11:03:38 pm
The 8 is gonna be good once again I think it comes down to HG, Rison, and probably Bearden this year Hampton may sneak in at the 3 or 4 but who knows it's high school football at its finest!

I figure Hampton will be salty....The talented youth got a taste of success last year....They'll just have to figure out how to sustain drives without the big 3

HG Hornet

Quote from: HorseFeathers on April 15, 2017, 11:24:52 am
I figure Hampton will be salty....The talented youth got a taste of success last year....They'll just have to figure out how to sustain drives without the big 3
I figure that might be a little more difficult this year against the big 3 in the conference.  You guys are gonna miss #5 tremendously, but he was not all that Hampton had.  Hampton is one of the top 4.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: CHG Hornet on April 16, 2017, 08:24:53 am
I figure that might be a little more difficult this year against the big 3 in the conference.  You guys are gonna miss #5 tremendously, but he was not all that Hampton had.  Hampton is one of the top 4.

Hampton had some impressive younger athletes, but I don't believe they will be a top tier team. A little early to say though, we will know more after a few weeks into season. Losing someone like Thomas is never easy

FBlife

Looking forward to another great season in 5-2a conf. Going to be interesting.

idakid

If i do remember correctly Garcia (CHG) has to sit the season opener out due to a last game toss at MI.

SR30

Not in the 2A classification much but from what I know CHG is going to be a tough team to beat. They gave a 3A Glen Rose team that went deep in the playoffs all they wanted and then some. We play them the 3rd game of the year coming up and I forsee another good game between these 2 teams. Just from the little I know in 2A I would say Mt. Ida and CHG are the 2 teams to beat.

HG Hornet

Quote from: idakid on April 20, 2017, 01:48:40 pm
If i do remember correctly Garcia (CHG) has to sit the season opener out due to a last game toss at MI.
From what I understand happened (from some CHG players), the refs didn't actually toss him..........it was the CHG head coach who told him to go to the locker room.  Either way, CHG vs Smackover will be a good opener.  Garcia isn't all CHG has.   

dawg_days

Quote from: idakid on April 20, 2017, 01:48:40 pm

I have heard that Garcia is out at CHG.

HG Hornet

Quote from: dawg_days on June 21, 2017, 12:21:23 pm
I have heard that Garcia is out at CHG.
As of right now, he has moved to Greenwood with his mother.  Says he's gonna play there this Fall.  He's a good player, but he's not all CHG has.  Hornets have several playmakers and are solid across the board.  Last year's playoff run was great experience as well.  They're gonna be tough again this year.  I've said it before and I'm sticking by it.....the 8 comes down to CHG at Bearden in October.

bear for life

I agree big showdown of the 8

SOUTHARK99

I agree I'll be there for that one but I'm not sure how big the gap between them and the other two teams are.

Proud Buckaroo

June 21, 2017, 06:10:42 pm #29 Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:51:09 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 21, 2017, 03:38:23 pm
I agree I'll be there for that one but I'm not sure how big the gap between them and the other two teams are.

I figure it will be CHG/Bearden fighting for 1 and 2. Rison should get the 3rd seed with Hampton following close. PC will get 4th as always. (They are going to miss Dez) They do have one kid that's going to be pretty good though.

eldofan

Thought Cannon Morgan was just a junior?

eldofan

Last year . A senior this year

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: eldofan on June 21, 2017, 06:37:29 pm
Last year . A senior this year

Ahhhhh. You may be right.  He's been spending a lot of time in Health works. I see him in there every single day. I thought he was a senior last year.

eldofan

I know when I went to the junior fundraiser at the school last oct he was was of the juniors working it .

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: eldofan on June 21, 2017, 06:52:27 pm
I know when I went to the junior fundraiser at the school last oct he was was of the juniors working it .

Yeah, I just looked it up. You were right. My mistake. I thought he was a senior. Is the same kid from last season going to be the QB?

eldofan

Not sure . What puzzles me is the amount of Pc fb players that go to health works. Bell and Harris were in there Sunday .  Makes me wonder about the weight room at Pc

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: eldofan on June 21, 2017, 06:55:38 pm
Not sure . What puzzles me is the amount of Pc fb players that go to health works. Bell and Harris were in there Sunday .  Makes me wonder about the weight room at Pc

I see A lot of PC Football players go to Healthworks. I see a lot of El Dorado baseball players in there as well. I figure El Dorado because Football kids are in the weight room often. That is puzzling though. Atleast they are taking their own initiative going up there though.

eldofan

I figured with the new coach he would mandate  workouts to the school . He is all about making them physical . I know last year even in the blow outs Jackson was running for his life a lot . They need to get a lot more physical on the line . He said that to after watching film on them

dragon67

There is a 3 week dead period currently that players cannot use school facilities, and the coaches cannot have contact with the athletes.  Ends about July 10.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragon67 on June 21, 2017, 11:37:19 pm
There is a 3 week dead period currently that players cannot use school facilities, and the coaches cannot have contact with the athletes.  Ends about July 10.

They have been in there all year long though. That's what he is saying.

AirItOut21

Quote from: dragon67 on June 21, 2017, 11:37:19 pm

2 weeks and it's starts on the 26th

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas