• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England Lion Football

Started by coachsearch, March 02, 2017, 02:52:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coachsearch

England is posted on the School Spring website

mrknowitall

Where's cheek and worm? What's going on in England?

bigworm

Coach Farmer has done a great job for us. He has a health condition that really limits him when its warm outside. He has accepted a great job offer in michigan. Its a tad cooler climate there as opposed to here . Haha. We wish coach farmer the best. He did a great job for us and im sure he will do a great job there.

BigLion10

Like to wish coach farmer the best in Michigan. He was a great coach and greater man and enjoyed watching him work with out youth

STUNNA

should get some pretty solid candidates for a 2A job i would think...

Bigditchlion

Coach farmer has been great here. Thank you for all you have done for our youth!!

big E

I haven't talked to him yet but I will. He has told me many times how he has enjoyed working with your kids and the fans of England.

lionfan59

He did good for us. Kids bought into him and were successful.

STUNNA

any news on whos applying for this job

Lions84

Green Grass and Honest Calls to Coach Farmer as he heads to Mich.

STUNNA

will they stay in house and hire the young OC?

bigworm

If hes the best available candidate. Im sure he will get a shot at it.

Str8thug

I like our OC, but i really think we need (and can get) someone with HC experience.  Nothing against our OC, just saying that HC is not just about knowing football.  We have the talent, we have high expectations already in place, other than moving to the delta why wouldn't we be able to get a proven HC?

Big Country

Quote from: Str8thug on March 31, 2017, 09:34:45 am
I like our OC, but i really think we need (and can get) someone with HC experience.  Nothing against our OC, just saying that HC is not just about knowing football.  We have the talent, we have high expectations already in place, other than moving to the delta why wouldn't we be able to get a proven HC?

But how is someone to gain that elusive experience if no one gives them a chance?

southarkdaddy

Right.  And that offense I'm sure has set some school records the past 2 seasons.  That OC probably deserves a chance.  If not at England, somewhere.

STUNNA

Its only a matter of time before hes a head coach.. hope england doesnt miss the chance.

Str8thug

im not saying he couldnt do a good job.  I am saying that being a head coach entails ALOT more than just calling plays.  you have to also coach your coaches. deal with parents, etc.  not an easy task for a younger coach.  usually first year guys get jobs that are not as appealing like rebuilds, perennial losers, or places no one wants to live.  I know England may not be the most attractive place to live, but it not as bad as some others!  and we support our football team!  I think we could attract some very talented experienced coaches if the money gets right.

STUNNA

Im glad Warren hired a young hembree with no head coach experience...lol

southarkdaddy

Job just posted again on AAA board. They must not be happy with candidates.

STUNNA

Quote from: southarkdaddy on March 31, 2017, 03:08:21 pm
Job just posted again on AAA board. They must not be happy with candidates.

Ive heard 17 applicants.. and interviewing 4

bigworm

Why would you fault a school for wanting to hire an experienced HC?. Not that i have a problem wihlth hiring a first year HC. I just wonder why anyone would think less of a school for wanting a proven HC. Our OC is a friend of mine and im sure he would do a fine job. But the job of the powers that be is to hire the best available candidate no matter if its football HC or 7th grade english.

southarkdaddy

Because I've seen so many schools step over dollars to pick up dimes in the name of experience when it comes to coaches.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: bigworm on March 31, 2017, 05:21:26 pm
Why would you fault a school for wanting to hire an experienced HC?.

Because there is absolutely no evidence or even the slightest indication that an experienced head coach performs better than a brand new one.

Hiring the most experienced applicant is just the administrators way of avoiding criticism if their new hire is a failure.

bigworm

Quote from: southarkdaddy on March 31, 2017, 05:27:16 pm
Because I've seen so many schools step over dollars to pick up dimes in the name of experience when it comes to coaches.

Example?

bigworm

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on April 01, 2017, 12:24:07 am
Because there is absolutely no evidence or even the slightest indication that an experienced head coach performs better than a brand new one.

Hiring the most experienced applicant is just the administrators way of avoiding criticism if their new hire is a failure.

Really? So if a guy is experienced and has won everhwere hes been there is no evidence? Ill opt out of this one. That makes no sense. Have fun boys. Ill post the new HC name when its announced

bigworm

But im not saying a first time HC wont be a good one.

Made

Quote from: bigworm on April 01, 2017, 01:02:49 pm
Really? So if a guy is experienced and has won everhwere hes been there is no evidence?
He's been pushing that for years, first year guys out of college would be just as good as Billy Dawson....

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Made on April 01, 2017, 01:40:22 pm
He's been pushing that for years, first year guys out of college would be just as good as Billy Dawson....

I can cite a classic example of two head coaches leading their teams to the state title game a few years ago and both left those schools and went elsewhere.

Neither won a single game that next season.

southarkdaddy

I think what is lost in my point is the difference between experience and successful hc's... Every year up and comers get passed up by coaches with subpar HC records in the name of experience. There's no point in calling people out, if you follow Arkansas high school football you know that's true.

Ventman

Doesn't matter if the head coach is new or a seasoned veteran, there has to be talent on the field or they will not win. You could put Nick Saben in some schools in 2A and he would not win a game. I'm not saying he isn't good but you have to have talent to win consistently.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on April 01, 2017, 12:24:07 am

sigh

StrongDawg

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on April 01, 2017, 04:39:42 pm
I can cite a classic example of two head coaches leading their teams to the state title game a few years ago and both left those schools and went elsewhere.

I'm sure one you're speaking of is Shane Davis winning a championship at Strong, then going to Waldron. Other may be Waymire that went to finals against Strong and then went to Truman and didn't win a game (or maybe one?).
Both left schools with tradition and/or talent to schools that had little success.
It wasn't coaching ability as much as it was player ability.
Waymire has Trumann going in the right direction now. No clue where Davis is.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: StrongDawg on April 03, 2017, 11:15:12 am
I'm sure one you're speaking of is Shane Davis winning a championship at Strong, then going to Waldron. Other may be Waymire that went to finals against Strong and then went to Truman and didn't win a game (or maybe one?).
Both left schools with tradition and/or talent to schools that had little success.
It wasn't coaching ability as much as it was player ability.

Which is my point exactly.

Which is why I urged Shane not to go to Waldron.

doctor in the house

Who will be leading the search to hire for this position?

Str8thug

I just don't understand us not getting the applicants like magnet cove.  To listen to that thread they have everyone and their brother applying. Even Houston Nutt lol!!  We got ten times the athletes they got

Made

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on April 01, 2017, 04:39:42 pm

Ok going to spit some data points for you, please feel free to go check them.....

13 teams had 0 wins this past year.

Of those 13 only 4 of those teams had head coaches with more than 3 years experience. 9 of those team had coaches either in their first year as a head coach, or within the first 3 years of their first head coaching job.

25 teams had 10 wins or more

8 of those teams had first time head coaches, or within the first 3 years of being a head coach. 17 of those teams had more experienced coaches at the helm. Of the 8 teams with new coaches, all of the school except one were all but averaging 8-10 wins per season.

Here is your absolutely evidence, that you claim doesn't exist. Feel free to double check it before you make up some other completely fabricated rhetoric.

fromthehills

Quote from: Str8thug on April 03, 2017, 09:25:39 pm
I just don't understand us not getting the applicants like magnet cove.  To listen to that thread they have everyone and their brother applying. Even Houston Nutt lol!!  We got ten times the athletes they got

No offense man, but I think it's more of a location deal there, England versus Hot Springs.  May be what people are thinking.  More to do in HS.  Maybe you guys should stick with the young oc if he is good enough and good with the kids.

panther_forever

Quote from: Str8thug on April 03, 2017, 09:25:39 pm
lol well see next season

AirWarren

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on April 03, 2017, 11:32:38 am
Which is my point exactly.

Which is why I urged Shane not to go to Waldron.

I see he takes your advice as seriously as the rest of us on here.

STUNNA

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on April 04, 2017, 12:29:50 pm
I see he takes your advice as seriously as the rest of us on here.
Bazinga, you don't have to have experience to know that's true.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: fromthehills on April 04, 2017, 06:43:39 am

No offense man, but I think it's more of a location deal there, England versus Hot Springs.  May be what people are thinking.  More to do in HS.  Maybe you guys should stick with the young oc if he is good enough and good with the kids.

I think this is a lot of it. It's not like England is a traditional powerhouse, they've had a good run the past few years, but you're not guaranteed success there.

Bigditchlion

Talent is there! The Talent is there for several years to come. England has a great fan base with community support. England will look different but that was gonna happen regardless if farmer stayed or not.

old.dole

There has to be some good guys throwing there name in there for this one

BigLion10

Over 20 I'm hearing applied

bigworm

Plenty of applicants. Some good. Some not so good. Not sure what that guy is talkin about. You dont interview every applicant.

BigLion10

Agreed worm you interview the strong ones

STUNNA

I know 4 have been interviewed

southarkdaddy

STUNNA

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas