• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Class A Early Top 5

Started by SlamminAllStar, March 02, 2017, 12:06:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SlamminAllStar

I'm excited to watch some softball this year who are the top teams in the state?

Mr. Pappagiorgio

1. Concord
2. Concord
3. Concord
4. Concord
5. Woodlawn

SlamminAllStar

It's all Concord and no one else come on now papa

Eagle_Mom_2

Our girls at West Side have a really good 10th grade pitcher.
Not sure if we will have enough offensive fire power to back her up and really contend though,  will have to wait and see.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on March 02, 2017, 12:28:18 pm
1. Concord
2. Concord
3. Concord
4. Concord
5. Woodlawn

Time will tell but I'm certain someone will give Concord some competition.

Nemo Vista
Scranton
Woodlawn
Taylor
Dierks

SlamminAllStar

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on March 02, 2017, 02:42:39 pm
Time will tell but I'm certain someone will give Concord some competition.

Nemo Vista
Scranton
Woodlawn
Taylor
Dierks
So Blue is that your top 5?

SlamminAllStar

How many starters are Nemo bringing back from last year?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: SlamminAllStar on March 02, 2017, 03:59:26 pm
So Blue is that your top 5?

No.  Concord would definitely be up there with what they are bringing back from last season.  These are just some teams I expect to compete deep in playoffs.  I would hate for Concord to just run away with it.  That would be no fun!!!

dc3

Quote from: SlamminAllStar on March 02, 2017, 06:33:56 pm
How many starters are Nemo bringing back from last year?

None of their basketball seniors are playing this year

BLUEBLOOD

March 03, 2017, 01:25:32 pm #9 Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 01:27:58 pm by BLUEBLOOD
Quote from: dc3 on March 03, 2017, 01:16:55 pm
None of their basketball seniors are playing this year

Must be a story there.  They finished their season getting beaten by 1 run at Bogle Park.  Seems like those seniors might want to give it another shot.

According to roster on MaxPreps, they had 3 juniors last season and they have 3 seniors this season.  So it seems they returned all of them.  ?????

gamechanger11

Pretty sure papa is a troll. Stories I hear from Cleburne county is all parents think their kid is best so I don't see con making a run as they have last couple years.
Armorel is probably who I would pick with what I have heard.
here are top teams in no order

Mt ida
Dierks
Armorel
Scranton
Midland
Woodlawn
Wonderview
Concord
South side
Taylor

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: gamechanger11 on March 03, 2017, 09:20:29 pm
Pretty sure papa is a troll. Stories I hear from Cleburne county is all parents think their kid is best so I don't see con making a run as they have last couple years.
Armorel is probably who I would pick with what I have heard.
here are top teams in no order

Mt ida
Dierks
Armorel
Scranton
Midland
Woodlawn
Wonderview
Concord
South side
Taylor

I can't imagine this being the case. Concord has WAY TOO much talent for this kind of thing to happen. I can't believe their coach and srs would let that kind of stuff get in the way of them getting the job done this year. I have watched those girls and their coach for some time now. I think there's no way they don't right their wrongs and win the whole thing this year.
Selfishly, though, I hope they struggle some with my interests lying within the conference as well.
Anyone have any thoughts on the Midland Mustangs yet?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Robert_Dorfenshootze on March 05, 2017, 09:45:20 pm
I can't imagine this being the case. Concord has WAY TOO much talent for this kind of thing to happen. I can't believe their coach and srs would let that kind of stuff get in the way of them getting the job done this year. I have watched those girls and their coach for some time now. I think there's no way they don't right their wrongs and win the whole thing this year.
Selfishly, though, I hope they struggle some with my interests lying within the conference as well.
Anyone have any thoughts on the Midland Mustangs yet?

That's quite a burden to carry.  Just because they got so close last season and return a bunch makes them a contender, but some things have to fall in place for any team to win a state title.......even a little luck somewhere along the way.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

March 06, 2017, 09:42:58 am #13 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:48:29 pm by Robert_Dorfenshootze
Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on March 06, 2017, 07:37:12 am
That's quite a burden to carry.  Just because they got so close last season and return a bunch makes them a contender, but some things have to fall in place for any team to win a state title.......even a little luck somewhere along the way.

I understand what you're saying. Matchups in state as well as getting a few friendly bounces will be important too. But the talent is there.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Robert_Dorfenshootze on March 06, 2017, 09:42:58 am
I just think with a group like that they should flat out dominieren everyone they play. Should be an everyday blitzkrieg on opposing teams.
But I understand what you're saying. Matchups in state as well as getting a few friendly bounces will be important too. But the talent is there.

I agree with you there.  Pitching is huge and defense behind them.  Bats will come & go as the season goes on.  Depth at 1A level is very important.  But you will not "outscore" everyone every game.  At some point, you gotta win a 3-2 or 2-1 game. 

Concord is most definitely on my short list (for what that's worth).

gamechanger11

Speaking of pitching Armorel had best pitcher in 1a.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: gamechanger11 on March 06, 2017, 10:20:38 am

has? or had?

gamechanger11

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: gamechanger11 on March 06, 2017, 02:36:05 pm
Has.

Kinda early in the season but I have no doubt they got a good one. 

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: gamechanger11 on March 06, 2017, 10:20:38 am
So does concord not return their really good pitcher from last year? Or do you know? She was the best I saw last year and I really thought she still played on the basketball team this year. #5 in basketball I think??

Lakehog

March 06, 2017, 07:18:50 pm #20 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:20:58 pm by Lakehog
I would think the pitcher from Scranton would have to be at the top of the list since she was mvp  of state tournament her sophomore year.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: Lakehog on March 06, 2017, 07:18:50 pm
I would think the pitcher from Scranton would have to be at the top of the list since she was mvp  of state tournament her sophomore year.

Sorry about that. I didn't know about her and didn't see her last year. Was just going by what I had seen. Hope to see her play some time this year then.

WHITEchicken

Don't sleep on the Hermitage hermits. They looks pretty good at the Eldo tournament

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Robert_Dorfenshootze on March 06, 2017, 06:03:02 pm
So does concord not return their really good pitcher from last year? Or do you know? She was the best I saw last year and I really thought she still played on the basketball team this year. #5 in basketball I think??

According to MaxPreps roster, she is back and is a senior this season.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on March 07, 2017, 07:58:40 am
According to MaxPreps roster, she is back and is a senior this season.

Thanks. I am looking now at MaxPreps. For some reason I thought you had to have an account on there to look at teams and rosters etc.

BLUEBLOOD

If the softball state bracket looks like the basketball state bracket, then I am prepared to release my list of the teams who COULD make deep runs:

Taylor
Concord
Nemo Vista
Viola
Dierks
Scranton
SS Bee Branch
Woodlawn
Armorel
Ouachita
Mt Ida

Worth mentioning:  Hermitage, Calico Rock, Midland

WHITEchicken

maverick razorback

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on March 07, 2017, 02:31:38 pm
If the softball state bracket looks like the basketball state bracket, then I am prepared to release my list of the teams who COULD make deep runs:

Taylor
Concord
Nemo Vista
Viola
Dierks
Scranton
SS Bee Branch
Woodlawn
Armorel
Ouachita
Mt Ida

Worth mentioning:  Hermitage, Calico Rock, Midland

Midland throttled Bee Branch yesterday..just sayin..

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: maverick razorback on March 08, 2017, 11:20:56 am

Midland throttled Bee Branch yesterday..just sayin..

The 3 seed from that region has a good draw out to the final 8.  I figure Midland, Bee Branch & Nemo Vista will be the teams in the mix for that seed.  I'm predicting Concord will grab that 1 seed. 

Southark

If hermitage is worth mentioning then I think we should mention Hampton also.. They beat hermitage in lady cat classic

WHITEchicken

I forget Hampton is 1a I always think of them as a 2a School. Yeah after a few more weeks when they get their bats going they will be good as well.

gamechanger11

Sounds like with the addition of teams like Hampton, mt ida, hermitage, dierks and Woodlawn added to what was already in class a. This is a very deep and good field with about 12 teams that could win it. Could be very interesting.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Southark on March 08, 2017, 04:35:38 pm
If hermitage is worth mentioning then I think we should mention Hampton also.. They beat hermitage in lady cat classic

Make your own list
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

WHITEchicken

I don't get to see very many games outside of South Arkansas so my list would not include very many teams. Out of the teams I've seen this year Taylor is the best 1a team I've seen.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: WHITEchicken on March 09, 2017, 12:11:09 pm
I don't get to see very many games outside of South Arkansas so my list would not include very many teams. Out of the teams I've seen this year Taylor is the best 1a team I've seen.

Strength? Weakness?  I know they have a good freshman pitcher.  Not sure of defense or batting.  Just curious.

Joe Softball

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on March 09, 2017, 01:38:34 pm
I know they have a good freshman pitcher.

I have heard the same. Does anyone know of any other strong freshmen pitchers this year?

Southark

Yea I'm kind of in the same position as white chicken.. Not really seen a lot of teams besides from the south. I do think Taylor has what it takes to make a run at it. As far as Hampton and hermitage I don't think they will make a run at a state title but do think they give quality depth to 1a. What about Woodlawn how are they looking??

WHITEchicken

They play good defense. Their 3rd baseman is like a vacuum cleaner. Hitting is pretty good too. They have a good coach as well. Not a whole lot of speed but not slow either. Really solid team.

BasketballNeverStops

Concord is 2-0 after defeating Riverview 12-0 in five innings Tuesday and Nemo Vista 18-0 in three innings today.

WHITEchicken

I haven't seen Woodlawn this year but With the second new coach in as many years they are probably not going to give a run at state. The talent is usually there but was it because of the coach or because they were talented before they get to the high school level? We will see

BLUEBLOOD

Dierks split last night with a good 2A Murfreesboro team. 

AirItOut21

Watch out for little ole Acorn... You heard it here first.

SackAttack

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on March 09, 2017, 11:39:24 pm
Concord is 2-0 after defeating Riverview 12-0 in five innings Tuesday and Nemo Vista 18-0 in three innings today.
Oh how the mighty have fallen!! Nemo must be horrendous

maverick razorback

Midland over Wonder View 6-3

gamechanger11

Ew. Sounds like the Mustangs will be in the team to beat in their conf and reg this year. Will also be strong contenders come state time.

playhard

Concord will be the team to beat in Midland's conference.... Concord is probably the team to beat in all of 1A

gamechanger11

Mark it down. Nah won't happen

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: gamechanger11 on March 14, 2017, 09:54:46 pm
Mark it down. Nah won't happen

gamechanger, I've noticed on several of your posts you seem to be very negative against Concord. While I hope my Mustangs can continue to play strong and get better and be contenders, to keep saying Concord can't or won't this or that is really frustrating for me to see. I hate seeing kids get dogged on when they are clearly a very good team. Talent-wise, I'd say Concord could contend at any level several classifications higher as well. They are loaded.
And it's one of those years where I wouldn't be surprised if Concord is good enough, with the right matchup, to beat someone in run-rule fashion even late in the state tournament.

BLUEBLOOD

I'm hoping to get to see several of my picks to go deep in 1A this weekend at Hope.

Ouachita vs Murfreesboro on Friday @ 4pm
Taylor vs Ozark on Friday @ 7pm  (potential matchup on Saturday with Springhill)
Hermitage vs SS Bee Branch on Friday @ 5:30pm
Bradley vs Dierks on Thursday @ 6pm

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on March 15, 2017, 02:55:18 pm
I'm hoping to get to see several of my picks to go deep in 1A this weekend at Hope.

Ouachita vs Murfreesboro on Friday @ 4pm
Taylor vs Ozark on Friday @ 7pm  (potential matchup on Saturday with Springhill)
Hermitage vs SS Bee Branch on Friday @ 5:30pm
Bradley vs Dierks on Thursday @ 6pm

You'll have to keep us northern Arkansans updated on what you think! Excited about what this season has in store.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas