• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best of 3A

Started by RabidWolf, October 15, 2016, 09:31:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RabidWolf

Who are the game changing players in 3A this year?

Dirty dawg

Riverside has a few very talented players

RedWolf275

Gavin Stone committed to UCA last I heard

RabidWolf

When happened to his brother? The kid sure could pitch

FNLsupporter

H.A. has 2 that stand out in Peyton Harlow and Pate Fullerton.  They are two great baseball players.  Not sure exactly where they are playing next level at, but they both will have multiple opportunities no doubt!
Bald Knob has 2 seniors this year that are really good as well. Landon Jones and Dylan Bradley.  Jones had 39 stolen bases last year and currently has an offer to play at CBC in Conway.  Bradley is a really good pitcher and is sure to have chances to play somewhere as well. Rose Bud has Bradley Chalk, a solid, tall left hand pitcher.  That's some of the ones that stand out to me in our conference. With the new classification system, I'm sure we will see some great new talent. 

jr17

I saw the kid from RB pitch against Mayflower in regionals last year. He's not bad at all. With sone fine tuning he could be pretty dang good.

RedWolf275

Quote from: RabidWolf on October 17, 2016, 12:00:07 am
When happened to his brother? The kid sure could pitch

Pretty sure he is at a JUCO in Missouri.

eldowildcatfan

Junction City has Keyland Hodges moving into the 9th grade.  An Arkansas Express stand out that will make junction a contender.  Was hoping he would transfer to El Dorado !!!! 

deltahog

Gavin Stone from Riverside. Very solid

twincats16

Quote from: FNLsupporter on October 17, 2016, 07:46:44 am
H.A. has 2 that stand out in Peyton Harlow and Pate Fullerton.  They are two great baseball players.  Not sure exactly where they are playing next level at, but they both will have multiple opportunities no doubt!
Bald Knob has 2 seniors this year that are really good as well. Landon Jones and Dylan Bradley.  Jones had 39 stolen bases last year and currently has an offer to play at CBC in Conway.  Bradley is a really good pitcher and is sure to have chances to play somewhere as well. Rose Bud has Bradley Chalk, a solid, tall left hand pitcher.  That's some of the ones that stand out to me in our conference. With the new classification system, I'm sure we will see some great new talent.

HA also has another solid player in junior Dalton Koch.  He was a huge contributor to HA's season last year.  Plays multiple positions, hits for average and power, has great speed, and is very steady on the mound.  In my opinion, he will definitely get some looks at the next level.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: twincats16 on January 23, 2017, 09:10:02 am
HA also has another solid player in junior Dalton Koch.  He was a huge contributor to HA's season last year.  Plays multiple positions, hits for average and power, has great speed, and is very steady on the mound.  In my opinion, he will definitely get some looks at the next level.
Agreed...He's a really solid kid! Good skillset, and Matheny (sp?) is a good one as well.  HA is always putting out a good body of work on the diamond. They will be missing some studs from last year with JP, Holt, Maddox, Mote, and Francis all graduated, but Fullerton will have them competing at a very high level.

FNLsupporter

Congrats to 3 White County baseball players on their recent signings with CBC Mustangs.  Bald Knob's 2B Landon Jones signed in early December, and as of this week, Pangburn's OF/Utility Josh Ivey and Rose Bud's Pitcher Bradley Chalk signed as well!  It's great to see White County represented so well!   

KentMurphy17

3 quality players right there...best of luck to all of them this season!

jr17

Just saw the bracket for the Mayflower spring break tournament. Mayflower plays both Harding and Junction. Should pan out some of those 3A rankings early in the year

Head Lion

I just saw Manila's schedule & its crazy hard. Blended conference then Marion, West Memphis, Nettleton, GCT, Dyer Co TN, Cape Gir & Kennett Mo. In conference Riverside, Walnut Ridge, Rivercrest, Brookland, Gosnell, Trumann & Harrisburg. We very well could have a losing record headed into postseason.

hsindian

Quote from: Head Lion on February 06, 2017, 11:20:36 pm
I just saw Manila's schedule & its crazy hard. Blended conference then Marion, West Memphis, Nettleton, GCT, Dyer Co TN, Cape Gir & Kennett Mo. In conference Riverside, Walnut Ridge, Rivercrest, Brookland, Gosnell, Trumann & Harrisburg. We very well could have a losing record headed into postseason.
Are the blended conferences for baseball different than basketball? I just assumed they'd be the same for both unless some schools don't have baseball.

jr17

We know what you mean! Lol. Lonoke, CAC, Robinson (With the 2 Bryant move ins, they'll be solid) Baptist. As well as the tough non conference schedule we always play, Greenbrier, Vilonia, PA etc.

Head Lion

Quote from: jr17 on February 07, 2017, 08:05:39 am
We know what you mean! Lol. Lonoke, CAC, Robinson (With the 2 Bryant move ins, they'll be solid) Baptist. As well as the tough non conference schedule we always play, Greenbrier, Vilonia, PA etc.
Best of luck to y'all. Solid program

jr17

2aball

Quote from: hsindian on February 07, 2017, 07:40:27 am
Are the blended conferences for baseball different than basketball? I just assumed they'd be the same for both unless some schools don't have baseball.

I'm pretty sure they are the same.

Rumpelstiltskin

Wade Beasley from Horatio should be something to watch.  If you thought Justin Swecker from Genoa could hum it, just wait.

RabidWolf

T-Bone

Quote from: Rumpelstiltskin on February 07, 2017, 11:05:21 pm
Wade Beasley from Horatio should be something to watch.  If you thought Justin Swecker from Genoa could hum it, just wait.
[
Just curious when you say hum it, what kind of speed?  What do you think he will throw normal and then hit high side?  Just wondering what is out there.

RabidWolf

He's 88-91. Legit arm. 90 gets thrown around a lot. But Beasley is the real deal.

T-Bone

Quote from: RabidWolf on February 09, 2017, 12:09:20 am
He's 88-91. Legit arm. 90 gets thrown around a lot. But Beasley is the real deal.

You are correct 90 does get thrown around a lot and I hear there are a few in the state hitting those numbers and the spots.  We just need to do our best to try and limit arm injuries.  I am actually really happy with the pitch count and days to lay off pitching.  I am not real happy with the idea a team can win all season long then get put out just because another team has that high end arm but nobody else.  Meaning state play could end up with some teams not really deserving it as a team but got lucky in the end with one game to get them in.  That is if I understand it correctly.

RabidWolf

There's a few in Arkansas that definitely touch 90+, the pitch count will help control coaches but if not managed right, will kill some teams.

Rumpelstiltskin

He was 89 recently at some showcase.  But i know he was throwing in the 90's during the summer.

BannerMountainMan

I'm pretty sure Clinton has two or three real solid players

KentMurphy17

clinton has several solid players and some good young talent

T-Bone

Quote from: Rumpelstiltskin on February 09, 2017, 11:37:12 pm
He was 89 recently at some showcase.  But i know he was throwing in the 90's during the summer.

I do not know this player but I know that if he can hit 89 early he will hit in 90's on high side soon enough if he stays healthy and works as the weather gets warmer.  Key is doing all possible to prevent arm issues like stretch, bands, run, long toss, etc.  We know we can not guarantee no problems but we can help prevent some problems.  And after watching one in NE Arkansas for sure increase his velocity this year to a good speed I give credit to many things but the ball program seems to have played a big part.

ChampKind

Beaseley will top out around 93, 94

Rumpelstiltskin

Quote from: ChampKind on February 16, 2017, 07:09:49 pm
Beaseley will top out around 93, 94

Nice guess.  We will see how it goes.

playthegame12

Quote from: KentMurphy17 on February 10, 2017, 08:13:48 am
clinton has several solid players and some good young talent
Clinton has a pretty solid infield, and some speed.  I wouldn't back down on them just yet.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: FNLsupporter on January 25, 2017, 09:39:18 pm
Congrats to 3 White County baseball players on their recent signings with CBC Mustangs.  Bald Knob's 2B Landon Jones signed in early December, and as of this week, Pangburn's OF/Utility Josh Ivey and Rose Bud's Pitcher Bradley Chalk signed as well!  It's great to see White County represented so well!
Add another CBC commit to the list...Dylan Bradley committed today, making two now commits from Bald Knob.  Congrats to Dylan!

baseball man

jr17

Mayflowers 1B Bailey Butler has committed to Lyon.

macadoshis

Zac Dillard from Lamar is off to a big start.  A win and a save from the mound and batting over .700 from the lead off spot.  Hunter Davenport batting over .600 with two home runs so far. 

RabidWolf

Congratulations to Bailey! Lyon is top notch Academic school. Always exciting to see HS athletes continue their dream

jr17

Mayflower plays Junction and Harding on Thursday at Myaflower.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: jr17 on March 21, 2017, 07:43:53 pm
Mayflower plays Junction and Harding on Thursday at Myaflower.
According to MaxPreps, Harding swept a doubleheader at Mayflower not long ago, but both were one-run games. The Eagles could be due.

jr17

Cool breeze, it was a Jv double header.

CoolBreeze

March 22, 2017, 09:59:06 pm #41 Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 04:30:45 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: jr17 on March 22, 2017, 07:37:02 am
Cool breeze, it was a Jv double header.
Sorry about that. Good old MaxPreps. I definitely clicked on Varsity Baseball. In fact, they don't even have an option for JV. Didn't read the fine print.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas