• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove VS Conway Christian

Started by bearfan, October 21, 2017, 12:24:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bearfan

Big game this next Friday. Could determine the 5-2a 1 seed going into the playoffs
I have CC by a touchdown

panther_forever

Wildcatalumni21

For Hector's sake at getting the 1 seed, I hope CC wins this one. With it being at home it's gonna help their chances. I say CC 24-14

bearfan

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 21, 2017, 06:56:49 am
For Hector's sake at getting the 1 seed, I hope CC wins this one. With it being at home it's gonna help their chances. I say CC 24-14
if CC beats them by that much y'all won't be the 1 seed

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bearfan on October 21, 2017, 08:28:13 am
if CC beats them by that much y'all won't be the 1 seed
How do you figure?

bulldog

Wildcatalumni21

thevoice

Should be an exciting game.  Both teams control their own destiny for the #1 seed (unless CC beats Cove by fewer points than Cove beat Hector, at which point tie breakers come into play and it gets crazy)  Based on the brackets this is an important game.  However winning a conference championship, even if shared, is a big deal.  Looking forward to a great game!

bulldog

October 21, 2017, 11:05:47 am #8 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:11:11 am by bulldog
Why does this keep coming up??

If CC beats Magnet Cove next week (doesn't matter the score) there will be a 3 way tie for conference champions.

Since the 3 teams involved would have beaten each other..
Hector over CC
MC over Hector
CC over MC

Tiebreaker would go to points. 

As of right now
CC has 44
MC has 42
Hector has 40

A loss next week for MC would leave them at 42 with one game left with Cutter.  Say they cover their 13 then.  They would finish with 55 points

Hector winning by 13 over England helped their cause in the points issue.  Lets say they cover the next 2 weeks with Poyen and Quitman, that would give them 26 more points.  They would finish with 66 points.

If CC beats MC they will gain those points and then if they cover Bigelow the following week with 13.
They would finish 57 plus whatever points comes with MC game.  IF that were to be 13 somehow then they would have 70.

With this scenario......
MC would finish as the 3 due to points

Would then go to head to head, which Hector has over CC

CC would be the 2
Hector would be the 1

If MC beats CC
MC would be the 1 because of record
Hector the 2
Conway Christian the 3

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bulldog on October 21, 2017, 11:05:47 am
Why does this keep coming up??

If CC beats Magnet Cove next week (doesn't matter the score) there will be a 3 way tie for conference champions.

Since the 3 teams involved would have beaten each other..
Hector over CC
MC over Hector
CC over MC

Tiebreaker would go to points. 

As of right now
CC has 44
MC has 42
Hector has 40

A loss next week for MC would leave them at 42 with one game left with Cutter.  Say they cover their 13 then.  They would finish with 55 points

Hector winning by 13 over England helped their cause in the points issue.  Lets say they cover the next 2 weeks with Poyen and Quitman, that would give them 26 more points.  They would finish with 66 points.

If CC beats MC they will gain those points and then if they cover Bigelow the following week with 13.
They would finish 57 plus whatever points comes with MC game.  IF that were to be 13 somehow then they would have 70.

With this scenario......
MC would finish as the 3 due to points

Would then go to head to head, which Hector has over CC

CC would be the 2
Hector would be the 1

If MC beats CC
MC would be the 1 because of record
Hector the 2
Conway Christian the 3
Thank you, I've been trying to explain this to people

old.dole

My understanding on the 3 way tie is that only the points matter so cc would be the 1 and hector the 2

bulldog

AAA

PERFECT TRIANGLE...Each team has beaten one of the other teams but not both.
Rule 14. FOOTBALL TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE.
A. If two teams tie, and one of the teams has defeated the other in a regular schedule conference game, the winner shall be declared the conference play-off representative. Three or more tied teams shall first be considered in sets of two-way ties.
B. If two teams tie and the tied teams split or have not played each other in a conference game (no round robin) the team with the greater sum of winning margin using the following point system, shall be the play-off representative.
C. If more than two teams remain tied after applying (A) above, the following point system shall be used to eliminate all but two teams. Tabulate the sum of the winning margins of each team's conference games as indicated in the following:
1. If the margin of victory is more than 13 points only 13 points shall count.
2. Losses shall be tallied as 0 (zero) points.
3. Forfeited games. Offended teams shall receive 13 points when tabulating the sum of the winning margins for breaking conference ties.
D. After tabulating the sum of the winning margins, all teams except the two with the greater sum shall be eliminated, and the selection process shall begin again with paragraph (A).

IF
Conway Christian beats Magnet Cove and Hector beats England then you have a PERFECT TRIANGLE.

Hector over Conway Christian
Magnet Cove over Hector
Conway Christian over Magnet Cove

Tri Champions

Playoff Seedings would go to Tie Breaker rules.
Low Points would be the 3 seed.
Final 2 teams would decide seedings by Head to Head.

Wildcatalumni21

Points only matter to eliminate 1 of the 3 teams and then goes head to head!!!!

Hawgpilot

Quote from: thevoice on October 21, 2017, 09:45:47 am
Should be an exciting game.  Both teams control their own destiny for the #1 seed (unless CC beats Cove by fewer points than Cove beat Hector, at which point tie breakers come into play and it gets crazy)  Based on the brackets this is an important game.  However winning a conference championship, even if shared, is a big deal.  Looking forward to a great game!

Oh boy....I got the Code Red earlier this week by the high school football rules experts! ::)

Hogjr

blackcat23

Mc keeps rolling right on through cc.... everyone always talks cc up but they have never been a very physical team and that's where we will beat them up in the trenches and march up and down the field 😳

MagicMike

It was a long time ago but Parkers Chapel, with a sophmore QB, threw for 300+ and 5 tds at MC. If CC can stop MC at all i expect them to win this one by a lot.

Hogjr

I don't think either team will win by a lot Friday night. It's gonna be a close game and it's gonna be physical. That's all I got. I hope my panthers can win this one but they do have a battle in front of them. They've had to earn every victory this year and I don't expect this game to be any differently. Gotta keep the penalities to a minimal or they'll beat themselves.

bigworm

I was an MC doubter most of the season but i think they take this one in a similar fashion as the hector game.

MC 21
CC 14

Eaglefan70

I love the pride MC has with the physicality and how big they are up front.  CC has a very big O line and D line and can get very physical.  As far as the trenches go this is the most physical, talented and biggest Trenchmob to ever go through Conway Christian.  CC shows up this Friday to Magnet Cove and lays the wood.  CC by 14

sheepdawg92

wampuscat44

I think this will be a pretty good game.  The loser will be taking a quick exit in the playoffs. 

southarkdaddy

BaseballPlayer11

Eaglefan70

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: BaseballPlayer11 on October 23, 2017, 11:44:25 am
If CC wins by more than two they are champs I believe.
I'm not even gonna attempt to explain this again lol

bigworm

It happens every year. I guess it is like bio-chemistry to some folks.

bearfan

Most likely if CC beats Cove then, Hector will be the one CC will be the two and Cove will be the three

old.dole

wireman41

bearfan

This game has been named hootens 2a game of the week

Eaglefan70

Haven't really seen any posters from Cove fans so far

bigworm

HorseFeathers

I think the tie breaker doesn't matter as Magnet Cove wins like they did against Hector....an ugly(to specators anyway) but effective game of keep away...

denvercat

Thinking Cove may get it done this week. That Slot T offense is hard to scheme for.

N2DEEP

I think it will be a tough game for both.

I think at home MC will have the edge just as it did versus Hector.

MC 24 vs CC 16

See you folks at CC tonight, will be my first time going there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas