• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A PLAYOFF BRACKET WITH TIMES

Started by AT, February 04, 2014, 10:38:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

February 04, 2014, 10:38:42 pm Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:15:30 am by Almatrackster
ALL TIMES PM (obviously)

Boys

*** Special thanks to MikeDiesel, sevenof400, Titan Spirit, and Temprees for their standings

W1 - Clarksville (Tue, 2:30)
E4 - Beebe

C2 - Pulaski Academy (Wed, 5:30)
S3 - Camden Fairview

E1 - Forrest City (Tue, 5:30)
W4 - Alma

S2 - Watson Chapel (Wed, 8:30)
C3 - McClellan

------

S1 - Hot Springs (Tue, 8:30)
C4 - Little Rock Christian

E2 - Paragould (Thur, 2:30)
W3 - Harrison

C1 - Jacksonville (Wed, 2:30)
S4 - Hope

W2 - Morrilton (Thurs, 5:30)
E3 - Greene County Tech

AT

February 04, 2014, 10:38:58 pm #1 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:15:09 am by Almatrackster
Girls

W1 - Vilonia (Tue, 1:00)
E4 - Forrest City

C2 - Little Rock Christian (Wed, 4:00)
S3 - Watson Chapel

E1 - Paragould (Tue, 4:00)
W4 - Alma

S2 - White Hall (Wed, 7:00)
C3 - Jacksonville

---------------------------

S1 - Hot Springs (Tue, 7:00)
C4 - McClellan

E2 - Beebe (Thur, 1:00)
W3 - Harrison

C1 - Pulaski Academy (Wed, 1:00)
S4 - De Queen

W2 - Huntsville (Thur, 4:00)
E3 - Greene County Tech

Go Postal

So your saying that Alma/Harrison boys/girls would start weeding out the East #1 and #2 teams.  Nice. ;)

godeep

This would be a nice bracket. Chances are it won't remain the same.

AT

Interesting games that could happen:

Boys
1. Forrest City vs. any 4 seed. As an Alma fan, I first hope we make the playoffs, but if we do, I don't want to see us playing Forrest City. But I feel that FC is getting the toughest 4 seed matchup this year. They have to travel to Western territory (may have to play the host team) and play one of the deepest conferences...

2. The possible Jacksonville/Clarksville or Jacksonville/Morrilton matchup. Talk about a great quarterfinal game. I'm glad that is going to be at Alma and not in the state championship so I can see it.

3. That being said, does the West 3 seed have an easier road than the West 2 seed? It doesn't look like there's much difference between the East 2 and 3 seeds this year...and then the 2nd round, you would probably play Watson Chapel instead of Jacksonville if you won. I haven't seen WC or Jville play, but I just see it easier to defeat WC than the defending champs. Neither will be easy.

Girls
1. Possible Vilonia vs. Jacksonville and LRC/PA vs. Huntsville 2nd round.

2. Can the Central girls go 4-0?

AT

Bump for update: Not updating girls yet because still need a lot of updates in the Central.

hasbeen03

I'll be interested in seeing how this updates. I have a hard time believeing Morrilton can beat Clarksville again (especially in Clarksville) but I want to see so many of these games!

AT

Quote from: hasbeen03 on February 15, 2014, 08:07:23 pm
I'll be interested in seeing how this updates. I have a hard time believeing Morrilton can beat Clarksville again (especially in Clarksville) but I want to see so many of these games!

I think Clarksville will best them the 2nd time around. Alma helped Cville out a little bit so that the Panthers control their own destiny completely and don't have to rely on point differential. To be honest, I could see Morrilton losing to Harrison also.

Morrilton vs. Jacksonville in the 2nd round or Clarksville vs. Jacksonville in the 2nd round would be a must see.

godeep

Won't argue with that Hackerhog. FC Paragould GCT are legit tourney teams. Like someone said earlier W4 was toughest 4 seed in tourney no matter who secures it.

AT

Bump for new update: With the lack of Central girls updates, it doesn't seem practical to update the girls, so just boys for now.

Interesting potential matchups for boys:

Pulaski Academy (Only team to beat Jville in conference)
vs.
Camden Fairview (A team that beat Clarksville out of conference)

Forrest City (The team absolutely dominating the East)
vs.
Alma (The host team who's been a tough out in recent years)

McClellan (Always a good team, but seems to be struggling in conference as of late)
vs.
Watson Chapel (A team that started off hot in the South and has cooled down a bit)

Forrest City H

I believe the Central girls top 3 has pretty much been decided with 1. PA  2. LRC  3. Jacksonville

AT

Quote from: Forrest City H on February 23, 2014, 10:00:12 pm
I believe the Central girls top 3 has pretty much been decided with 1. PA  2. LRC  3. Jacksonville

I've seen different statements on this is my problem and have no information on the 4 seed. I might be put a bracket up tomorrow that is tentative since all of these matchups are unofficial anyways.

mrcoachceltic

I am almost certain McClellan girls are the 4th seed in 5A Central.

Titan Spirit

mrcoachceltic

February 24, 2014, 09:27:30 am #14 Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:31:43 am by mrcoachceltic
They defeated LRC. However, they did lose the makeup game to Helen a few weeks agoa. However, McClellan has the 3rd spot secured. The last spot should be a toss up between Mills, LRC, Helena.

Titan Spirit

Was it at Helena?
so they are 8-5 in conf right?
any idea who has the upper hand in the 4 spot?

mrcoachceltic

February 24, 2014, 09:39:35 am #16 Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:41:19 am by mrcoachceltic
No, it was at McClellan. I think they came out flat due to news a cheerleader was killed the night before. Yes, they are 8-5. I am not sure who plays Tuesday. But at this moment Mills would be in the playoffs. However, Cooper had majority of his seniors quit. So LRC may pull out the last spot. 5A Central season ends Tuesday.

Titan Spirit

Wow what happened to cause that at Mills.

I heard about that and saw a news story on it. It is so sad those kind of things happen.

Not sure what happens with McClellan every time I see them(which is against Jvill) they always look really good,

mrcoachceltic

Not quite sure. But Cooper has decided to play with youth. He is playing with quite a few freshmen.   McClellan is talented as always. However, they are very young and undisciplined. If they lose, its generally due to being out- coached.

GolfBuddy

If Harrison, Alma  and Vilonia all end up 8-6? Who gets in and what will the seeds be? Any ideas or are we too far off to make that answer known?

AT

February 24, 2014, 03:36:22 pm #20 Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:51:26 pm by Almatrackster
Quote from: GolfBuddy on February 24, 2014, 01:45:47 pm
If Harrison, Alma  and Vilonia all end up 8-6? Who gets in and what will the seeds be? Any ideas or are we too far off to make that answer known?

It's likely (actually I'm pretty sure it's certain) that the seeds would be:

3. Harrison
4. Alma
Vilonia out of the playoffs.

Short explanation is that since the only team to sweep one of the other is Alma sweeping Vilonia then Vilonia is eliminated. After that, Harrison holds the tiebreaker over Alma.

rjrose

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 24, 2014, 03:36:22 pm
Quote from: GolfBuddy on February 24, 2014, 01:45:47 pm

It's likely (actually I'm pretty sure it's certain) that the seeds would be:

3. Harrison
4. Alma
Vilonia out of the playoffs.

Short explanation is that since the only team to sweep one of the other is Alma sweeping Vilonia the Vilonia is eliminated. After that, Harrison holds the tiebreaker over Alma.
You are correct AT.

MikeDieselâ„¢

East girls are pretty much set: Paragould, GCT, Beebe, and the winner of the FC/Nettleton game Thursday gets the 4 seed.  The boys teams are set, but their seeding isn't.  FC is #1, but the next 3 will depend on who wins the games Thursday and maybe by how much they win them.

hasbeen03

Quote from: HackerHog on February 26, 2014, 12:04:31 am
I expect the Harrison boys to make a statement win on the road at Morrilton on Friday and claim the 3 seed from the West and go into 5A State as a favorite. In doing so, they would put another favorite, Forrest City, in a 1st round clash with host Alma.

Man, Morrilton impressed me for about 2.5-3 quarters last night. They just got murdered in the 3rd by Clarksville. The Devil Dogs made shot after shot in the 1st half after I said and believed they wouldn't be able to do that again. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we watched two semi finalists last night. Davis from Clarksville said that he wouldn't be surprised at all if the West had all 4 semifinalists because of how nasty the conference is. Morrilton will bounce back Friday, IMO.

P.F.G.

Forrest city will be a hard out. Maybe playing in the palace will grow them off in the opening round.

ahsalum

I expect the Harrison boys to make a statement win on the road at Morrilton on Friday

Does Harrison live stream on the road......

Elvis Hoggoblin

Quote from: Steve Perry on February 26, 2014, 09:01:15 am
I expect the Harrison boys to make a statement win on the road at Morrilton on Friday

Does Harrison live stream on the road......
Yes they do Steve

ahsalum

Was trying to watch it on my phone in the palace last night and it was lagging......due to no wifi......

Rick Perry

Quote from: Steve Perry on February 26, 2014, 11:04:03 am

Was trying to watch it on my phone in the palace last night and it was lagging......due to no wifi......

Crazy right.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Rick Perry on February 26, 2014, 12:35:41 pm
Quote from: Steve Perry on February 26, 2014, 11:04:03 am

Crazy right.

Sometimes that happens....it's frustrating when you are trying to post  on here in certain gyms because it won't work....just have to try later.    I wish either the phones or schools would try and fix it though!   :)

godeep

Some great matchups to look forward too. Should be great week of basketball.

AT

Bump for update.

Not sure of Central girls seedings. Just pretty sure.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas