• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Way Too Early 2017 Top 10

Started by FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48, December 10, 2016, 06:59:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Anyone care to offer their thoughts?

I'd have to do a touch of research before offering my opinion but I think you're early title contenders are Warren, Nashville, Stuttgart.... as this season has shown us the 1-4A has to be seriously considered with what they put out there this season. There are always flyers out there: Hamburg, Dumas, Arkadelphia, Gosnell, etc. but I think if you're looking realistically it's going to likely come from one of those first 3 teams.

Warren returns 7 on offense and 7 and defense. The Jacks aren't going to fall off much if any. Burks will become even more dominant. By his senior year he will be absolutely unbelievable to watch. It's exciting times in 4A, the absolute best classification in the entire state.

-Kyle

AirWarren

Quarterback and running back will be the biggest question. Breaking in new kids. The talent is there but it will be some adjustments.

AirWarren

We will return all WR starters. Including one who missed this year.

Offensive and defensive lines will be solid. Linebackers and secondary will be a question.

AirItOut21

The difference for Warren next year will be their offensive and defensive lines. They return a lot of experience and tremendous size. This will be the most depth Warren has ever had upfront.

They just so happen to have some really good skill players coming back too. Good luck to the rest of 4A!

AirWarren

December 10, 2016, 07:18:00 pm #4 Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:20:42 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: AirItOut21 on December 10, 2016, 07:16:05 pm
The difference for Warren next year will be their offensive and defensive lines. They return a lot of experience and tremendous size. This will be the most depth Warren has ever had upfront.

They just so happen to have some really good skill players coming back too. Good luck to the rest of 4A!

Need to find us a good back up running back. We are going to miss the change of pace back in persons.

LJ should be able to give us a good indication of what the defense will look like.

prHOG13

My thoughts:

1- Warren
2- Pea Ridge
3- Prairie Grove
4- Robinson
5- Stuttgart
6- Booneville
7- Arkadelphia
8- Nashville
9- Dardanelle
10- Shiloh

Just like I did with Nashville prior to this season, I give #1 to the champs until someone proves they can beat them. They'll replace some very good players in Daniels and Lassiter, but have a monster WR in Burks and some other nice pieces and should roll through their conference again. Pea Ridge returns a majority or their skill guys outside of Holley, and only loses 3 on defense I believe. Winn/Holtgrewe/Sainsbury/Higgins should all have big seasons offensively, but will need to replace 4 OL. Prairie Grove will be very solid for another season, but can they replace the production that Disney provided? Robinson still has a bunch of athletes and will get Page involved heavily next season. Stuttgart should be in the thick of the 4A-2 again and a team capable of making a run in the playoffs. Booneville and Arky were both young this season, and got better as the year goes on. Arky is going to surprise some folks next season. Nashville lost a ton, but thats just not a program that will fall off too far. They've got some great talent coming up from Jr high, but not quite sure they'll be ready to be a title contender next season and really need to make some changes defensively. Dardanelle should be good again, and Shiloh loses some key pieces in Reece and Berus, but have some good talent coming up from Jr High as well as returning some very nice players.

Others in contention imo: Hamburg, Batesville SS, Gosnell, Pokey, Ashdown 

AirItOut21

1. Warren
2. Pea Ridge
3. Arkadelphia
4. Prairie Grove
5. Nashville
6. Stuttgart
7. Booneville
8. Robinson
9. Dardanelle
10. Dumas

STUNNA

1. Warren
2. Stuttgart
3. Arkadelphia
4. Booneville
5. PR

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2016, 08:06:09 pm
1. Warren
2. Stuttgart
3. Arkadelphia
4. Booneville
5. PR

Booneville. Watch out 4a. They are going to be tough again.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on December 10, 2016, 08:06:49 pm
Booneville. Watch out 4a. They are going to be tough again.
They will for sure have a shot at winning it in 2 years.. I believe they will be back in 3A then and they won't be touched

AirItOut21

Stuttgart is going to have the skill guys but they lose a lot upfront on both lines. That was the strength of this years team

AirItOut21

Nashville returns some pretty good skill guys but they lose their entire offensive line and all but one defensive lineman.

cuckoobird

Stuttgart returns 7 and 7 just like Warren and we will also have to replace the qb but our rb's will be back

$aintMaximu$

Shiloh losing some very key players so it will be up to how the young class can contribute.  I will say now that in 2 years possible and 3 for sure they will contend for a state title.. Very strong class coming up.  Have some players that remind me of the Harvill class....

LJ06

December 10, 2016, 08:47:05 pm #14 Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 08:52:12 pm by LJ06
Warren will be very salty next season. They return numerous starters and the line play will be the best it's been in Warren in quite some time. Football is won and lost in the trenches so it's absolutely vital for a team to be of strength with your linemen.

2017 Projected Starters

QB - Kinnard (Junior)
RB - Steppes (Sophomore)
WR - Burks (Junior)*
WR - McKnight (Junior)*
WR - Harris (Junior)*
WR - Reep (Junior)*
OL - Pennington (Senior)*
OL - Woodard (Senior)*
OL - Ross (Junior)
OL - Weaver (Junior)*
OL - Morris (Senior)*

DL - Pennington (Senior)*
DL - Miller (Junior)*
DL - Smith (Junior)*
DL - Woodard (Senior)*
LB - Person (Senior)*
LB - Burks (Junior)*
LB - Harrison (Junior)
CB - McKnight (Junior)
CB - Curry (Junior)
S - Kinnard (Junior)*
S - Gorman (Senior)

* - denotes 2016 starters

prHOG13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 10, 2016, 08:41:43 pm
Shiloh losing some very key players so it will be up to how the young class can contribute.  I will say now that in 2 years possible and 3 for sure they will contend for a state title.. Very strong class coming up.  Have some players that remind me of the Harvill class....
That Jr High QB for y'all dominated us. Not sure how well that big RB projects in HS... but yeah y'all will be better in ~2 years than ou were this season imo

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 10, 2016, 08:48:45 pm
That Jr High QB for y'all dominated us. Not sure how well that big RB projects in HS... but yeah y'all will be better in ~2 years than ou were this season imo

Yes, I think much better...  Had a speed back hurt and then we have the other back that is built like me as a 9th grader...  He actually played pretty good in the playoffs... The QB you saw was Reece little brother, have another kid that is much bigger but can't throw as well..

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on December 10, 2016, 08:47:05 pm
Warren will be very salty next season. They return numerous starters and the line play will be the best it's been in Warren in quite some time. Football is won and lost in the trenches so it's absolutely vital for a team to be of strength with your linemen.

2017 Projected Starters

QB - Kinnard (Junior)
RB - Steppes (Sophomore)
WR - Burks (Junior)*
WR - McKnight (Junior)*
WR - Harris (Junior)*
WR - Reep (Junior)*
OL - Pennington (Senior)*
OL - Woodard (Senior)*
OL - Ross (Junior)
OL - Weaver (Junior)*
OL - Morris (Senior)*

DL - Pennington (Senior)*
DL - Miller (Junior)*
DL - Smith (Junior)*
DL - Woodard (Senior)*
LB - Person (Senior)*
LB - Burks (Junior)*
LB - Harrison (Junior)
CB - McKnight (Junior)
CB - Curry (Junior)
S - Kinnard (Junior)*
S - Gorman (Senior)

* - denotes 2016 starters

If we could have a couple of underclassmen emerge and maybe get some kids out who didn't play, it could help depth.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on December 10, 2016, 08:53:42 pm
If we could have a couple of underclassmen emerge and maybe get some kids out who didn't play, it could help depth.

Oh there will be kids step up that will allow not so many of our guys to play both ways I'm sure. Nonetheless, that's a salty starting 22.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on December 10, 2016, 09:23:30 pm
Oh there will be kids step up that will allow not so many of our guys to play both ways I'm sure. Nonetheless, that's a salty starting 22.

All we need is 34 bud, Hahahaha

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on December 10, 2016, 09:24:24 pm
All we need is 34 bud, Hahahaha

Apparently so lol. Actually more so around 28!

bigchief72455

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 10, 2016, 07:21:44 pm
My thoughts:

1- Warren
2- Pea Ridge
3- Prairie Grove
4- Robinson
5- Stuttgart
6- Booneville
7- Arkadelphia
8- Nashville
9- Dardanelle
10- Shiloh

Just like I did with Nashville prior to this season, I give #1 to the champs until someone proves they can beat them. They'll replace some very good players in Daniels and Lassiter, but have a monster WR in Burks and some other nice pieces and should roll through their conference again. Pea Ridge returns a majority or their skill guys outside of Holley, and only loses 3 on defense I believe. Winn/Holtgrewe/Sainsbury/Higgins should all have big seasons offensively, but will need to replace 4 OL. Prairie Grove will be very solid for another season, but can they replace the production that Disney provided? Robinson still has a bunch of athletes and will get Page involved heavily next season. Stuttgart should be in the thick of the 4A-2 again and a team capable of making a run in the playoffs. Booneville and Arky were both young this season, and got better as the year goes on. Arky is going to surprise some folks next season. Nashville lost a ton, but thats just not a program that will fall off too far. They've got some great talent coming up from Jr high, but not quite sure they'll be ready to be a title contender next season and really need to make some changes defensively. Dardanelle should be good again, and Shiloh loses some key pieces in Reece and Berus, but have some good talent coming up from Jr High as well as returning some very nice players.

Others in contention imo: Hamburg, Batesville SS, Gosnell, Pokey, Ashdown
Pocahontas graduates the majority of their team this year. It will be a season of figuring out what works. We have some sophomores coming in next year that will contribute imo. The group behind them will be a force to be reckoned with though. They are loaded.

AirItOut21

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 10, 2016, 08:21:06 pm
Stuttgart returns 7 and 7 just like Warren and we will also have to replace the qb but our rb's will be back

Actually Stuttgart returns 6 and 6

They lose: QB, WR, C, RG, RT
                DE, DE, DT, DT, S

polksalet

1. Warren

No one else is even close. Gonna be a tough year for the scraps.

Who will be new scrap coach?

STUNNA

Quote from: polksalet on December 11, 2016, 12:10:54 am
1. Warren

No one else is even close. Gonna be a tough year for the scraps.

Who will be new scrap coach?
Volarich gone?

beach bum

1.Warren
2.Stuttgart
3.Robinson
4.Prairie Grove
5.Nashville
6.Booneville
7.Arkadelphia
8.Pea Ridge
9.Dumas
10.Dardanelle

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on December 11, 2016, 02:39:54 pm
1.Warren
2.Stuttgart
3.Robinson
4.Prairie Grove
5.Nashville
6.Booneville
7.Arkadelphia
8.Pea Ridge
9.Dumas
10.Dardanelle
I'm not sure I understand your efforts lately to downplay PR as much as possible.

STUNNA

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 11, 2016, 02:42:57 pm
I'm not sure I understand your efforts lately to downplay PR as much as possible.

Maybe the convincing losses to the 2 teams you lost to this year?

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 11, 2016, 02:42:57 pm

I just believe that is where they will finish next year.... sorry its just an opinion . I think Pea Ridge will be a good team, but finish 2nd in the 1-4A because PG returns their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th defensive players along with their 2nd and 3rd offensive options. If Pea Ridge is around the 8th best team next year in 4A that is still a pretty good season by almost everyone's standards. I don't think that is downplaying them.

Tigerdad2

1. Warren
2. Nashville
3. PG
Prairie Grove owns Pea Ridge with a 9-2 record since 2004

beach bum

Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2016, 05:21:45 pm

This......... Pea Ridge was #4 in the state IMO this year behind Warren, PG, and Robinson. If they aren't going to be as good as this year then they will obviously fall a few spots. I think everyone outside of Pea Ridge didn't think they were the #2 team this year. They'll be a good team but have a tiny drop off.

prHOG13

Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2016, 05:21:45 pm
Yeah, losing to a semifinal team on their field and losing to the state champs while returning a ton next season definitely merits some serious doubt. Ranking them at the bottom of the top 10 is comical. PR will be a title contender again next season. Not sure why folks think there will be a drop off.

dukes424

The Ridge and Arky will be a top 3 caliber team next year Imo. Im going to look at the top 10 and see who is loosing what to give my actual predictions. Just a few that come to mind for now. As far as skill players Warren is loosing two of their best skill players , they May have a good back up qb in the making but like last Years Nashviile team loosing Snell, Lassiter will be hard to replace. PG will fall off considerably in their secondary. The Ridge will have to replace 4 legit O linemen. Shiloh will also loose 70% of this years offense production in Reese and Barris. Nashviille will be loosing this years best player in the state IMO in Hopkins. These are just a few key losses that will be a choir to replace. Don't know much about Stuttgart but I hear they have a lot coming back?

prHOG13

Think Stuttgart has 14 starters back, 7 on each side of the ball. Def think they are a top 5 team and put them at #5 in my rankings

nastynice

Quote from: dukes424 on December 11, 2016, 05:49:32 pm
The Ridge and Arky will be a top 3 caliber team next year Imo. Im going to look at the top 10 and see who is loosing what to give my actual predictions. Just a few that come to mind for now. As far as skill players Warren is loosing two of their best skill players , they May have a good back up qb in the making but like last Years Nashviile team loosing Snell, Lassiter will be hard to replace. PG will fall off considerably in their secondary. The Ridge will have to replace 4 legit O linemen. Shiloh will also loose 70% of this years offense production in Reese and Barris. Nashviille will be loosing this years best player in the state IMO in Hopkins. These are just a few key losses that will be a choir to replace. Don't know much about Stuttgart but I hear they have a lot coming back?
PR@Booneville week 1 will give us an early benchmark on these 2 teams.

LJ06

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 11, 2016, 05:57:26 pm
Think Stuttgart has 14 starters back, 7 on each side of the ball. Def think they are a top 5 team and put them at #5 in my rankings

Stuttgart lost linemen more than anything which hurts

dukes424

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on December 11, 2016, 05:41:07 pm
1. Warren
2. Nashville
3. PG
Prairie Grove owns Pea Ridge with a 9-2 record since 2004
So did Nashville last year but none of that matters. We made it to the Rock this year and you didn't. We will be back again next year.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: dukes424 on December 11, 2016, 06:24:25 pm
So did Nashville last year but none of that matters. We made it to the Rock this year and you didn't. We will be back again next year.
Congrats on a great year. Beating Nashville was an impressive  win.  Pea Ridge was the second best team in the 1-4a and they'll be next year

dukes424

You mean second best team in the state. Pg wouldn't have beaten the Ridge or Shiloh in the playoffs. Those teams improved throughout the season. Pg peaked to early. They stayed the same all year and if anything went backwards I mean Lincoln almost beat them and then Warren took them to the woodshed and the game was over by halftime. No speed in the secondary other then Disney killed them and the secondary will take another step down next year. They will still have a good running game next year I will give them that and I'm sure they will be physical.

beach bum

December 11, 2016, 07:27:21 pm #39 Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 07:31:50 pm by beach bum
Quote from: dukes424 on December 11, 2016, 07:22:47 pm
Warren took them to the woodshed and the game was over by halftime.

Huh? It was 28-21 at half in the PG vs. Warren game. They jumped out early in the first and PG finally settled in the 2nd quarter a bit, then Warren jumped again in the 3rd. PG lost by practically the same score as you guys and that is because you scored 2 feel good TD's when the game was done with a few minutes left. You lost by 3 TD's to Prairie Grove in a game where you had one offensive TD. Again, outside of Pea Ridge most people on here realize you weren't and aren't a better team then PG.

STUNNA

From watching warren vs 1-4A... I thought pg was the better team overall... warren beat both convincingly.. but warren didn't anything they wanted offensively against PR.

beach bum

Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2016, 07:31:29 pm
From watching warren vs 1-4A... I thought pg was the better team overall... warren beat both convincingly.. but warren didn't anything they wanted offensively against PR.

Warren scored 54 and that was with Pea Ridge taking 9 minutes off on one drive. They could have scored 70 without that drive....

jimbojack

I'd like to see McKnight move back to his natural position at RB.  Warren wouldn't miss a beat with Curry back.  I worry about Steppes running style at the high school level.  I think he would be good, just don't think he will make it through the season without injury.

STUNNA

Quote from: jimbojack on December 11, 2016, 07:34:34 pm
I'd like to see McKnight move back to his natural position at RB.  Warren wouldn't miss a beat with Curry back.  I worry about Steppes running style at the high school level.  I think he would be good, just don't think he will make it through the season without injury.
Forgot about curry returning next year

dukes424

Quote from: beach bum on December 11, 2016, 07:27:21 pm
Huh? It was 28-21 at half in the PG vs. Warren game. They jumped out early in the first and PG finally settled in the 2nd quarter a bit, then Warren jumped again in the 3rd. PG lost by practically the same score as you guys and that is because you scored 2 feel good TD's when the game was done with a few minutes left. You lost by 3 TD's to Prairie Grove in a game where you had one offensive TD. Again, outside of Pea Ridge most people on here realize you weren't and aren't a better team then PG.
My mistake I was told it was 28-0 at half.  Warren will be real good next year but definitely beatable loosing their top two weapons in Lassiter and Daniels. Lassiter was one of the most accurate Qbs I've ever seen.

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on December 11, 2016, 07:27:21 pm
lol there you go making stuff up. It was 35-14 Warren in the 3rd, but keep pretending like you played them closer than us. It was a 1 point game in the 3rd when we played them in Little Rock on Friday. We decided to punt on 4th and short in the 3rd near mid field down 8 and that turned out to be a decision our staff will be thinking about all offseason. In the end, a loss is a loss.

I'll be looking forward to us playing PG again next season at our place.

STUNNA

Pg was down more than 7  at half to warren

prHOG13

Also, Holley and Winn both had rushing TD's against PG, and Torres had the KR TD. Those were the 3 TD's. So, not sure where you got the only one offensive TD thing from beach bum

LJ06

Warren vs Prairie Grove was 28-14 at halftime in favor of Warren. Warren jumped out 35-14 in the 3rd and going into the 4th it was 41-20 Warren.

dukes424

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 11, 2016, 08:00:34 pm
Also, Holley and Winn both had rushing TD's against PG, and Torres had the KR TD. Those were the 3 TD's. So, not sure where you got the only one offensive TD thing from beach bum
[/quoteWinn only had 4 carries that game as well not sure what the game plan was but they improvised the game plans from there forward. One other mistake we made was continuously throwing at Disney, it was frustrating.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas