• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CLASS 4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Started by Lumberjacks714, December 06, 2016, 06:34:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumberjacks714

December 06, 2016, 06:34:09 am Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 09:39:47 am by Lumberjacks714
CLASS 4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
War Memorial Stadium, Little Rock
Friday, December 9, 7 p.m

WARREN vs PEA RIDGE

WARREN LUMBERJACKS (14-0)
Head coach: Bo Hembree (175-43-1 overall and at Warren)
Playoff appearances: 23
Playoff record: 41-19
State championships: (3) 2014, 2002, 2001
State championship games: (5)
2014 defeated Mena, 48-14
2013 lost to Booneville, 14-12
2006 lost to Nashville, 21-20
2002 defeated Rivercrest, 38-28
2001 defeated Booneville, 45-39
FEARLESS FACTS: Hembree is the winningest coach in Warren history. ... Hembree is a Osceola graduate and played for Clinton Gore. ... Warren is 3-2 in state championship games, all under the guidance of Hembree. ... Hembree's dad, Jim, also won a state championship as head coach at Parkin in 1977. ...

PEA RIDGE BLACKHAWKS (13-1)
Head coach: Stephen Neal (1st year at Pea Ridge)
Playoff appearances: 17
Playoff record: 12-16
State championships: (0)
State championship games: (1st)
FEARLESS FACTS: Coach Neal coached at Tulsa Union for the past 9 years before taking over at Pea Ridge this season. Neal has a 13-1 record in his 1st season as the Blackhawks head coach. Also in his first season he has 4 playoff wins and will make a trip to the State Championship against 8-4A powerhouse Warren. This is the Blackhawks 1st ever State Championship appearance.

LJ06

AirWarren

Everybody bundle up. It's going to be frigid.

LJ06

32 degrees at kickoff, 29 degrees at halftime, 28 degrees at end of game. Oh and wind chill values in the low 20s.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 06, 2016, 08:07:59 am
Idk about you but I've always enjoyed my time in Gentry  :-X

All I can say is you could not pay me enough to be a ref... Those poor guys got hammered even with a 8 to 2 call ration in Gentry's favor, didn't matter....

prHOG13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 06, 2016, 08:10:36 am
All I can say is you could not pay me enough to be a ref... Those poor guys got hammered even with a 8 to 2 call ration in Gentry's favor, didn't matter....
I'm not the least bit surprised

Your daughter playing or cheering?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 06, 2016, 08:22:06 am
I'm not the least bit surprised

Your daughter playing or cheering?

Cheering but after watching the game I might need to talk her into playing... The girls game got ugly, 3 of our 5 starters were 7th graders.  Boys looked good... That 9th grade class will probably be good at everything, very talented group....

$aintMaximu$

Watched the first half of the PG / Warren game last night.  Warren was amped up and played with some major intensity.  Looked like they wanted to show who was the physical team and establish that early.  Also really exposed the secondary....

STUNNA

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 06, 2016, 08:27:33 am
Watched the first half of the PG / Warren game last night.  Warren was amped up and played with some major intensity.  Looked like they wanted to show who was the physical team and establish that early.  Also really exposed the secondary....

They were easily the more physical team. One thing I noticed was PG trying to get outside so much on the running game.... you cant do that against Warren.

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 06, 2016, 08:27:33 am

This is one thing about this team. They may not look intense in warm up, but when the clock starts they get after it. And they make look smaller in some spots or not have the most depth, but they play like they are all 6'5 and have 96 kids on the roster.

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2016, 08:30:58 am
They were easily the more physical team. One thing I noticed was PG trying to get outside so much on the running game.... you cant do that against Warren.

No you can't. The Winn kid looks to be able to get to the edge. He reminds me of Ronnie Becker from the 2001 Booneville team. Once he gets the corner, he turns it on.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2016, 08:33:59 am
This is one thing about this team. They may not look intense in warm up, but when the clock starts they get after it. And they make look smaller in some spots or not have the most depth, but they play like they are all 6'5 and have 96 kids on the roster.

our secondary is a blast to watch... those lil guys love contact...haha

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2016, 08:37:35 am

They play the ball better than the hogs too. One of the best secondaries Warren has ever had.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2016, 08:37:35 am

#2 was looking to hit people... Played hard and big for his size...

STUNNA

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 06, 2016, 08:40:31 am

In my opinion he is the cowbell on this Warren defense!!!

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2016, 08:36:17 am
No you can't. The Winn kid looks to be able to get to the edge. He reminds me of Ronnie Becker from the 2001 Booneville team. Once he gets the corner, he turns it on.
That's a big compliment coming from a Warren fan. Hope he has a similar performance

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 06, 2016, 08:40:31 am

#2 is the back up running back too. He runs tough. He reminds me of that kid from Pa when he runs.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2016, 08:44:51 am
#2 is the back up running back too. He runs tough. He reminds me of that kid from Pa when he runs.

He stood out on special teams too...

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2016, 08:44:51 am

Hed be a 1000 yard rusher if it wasn't for Daniels..lol

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 06, 2016, 08:46:44 am
He stood out on special teams too...

We will see what happens Friday night. Going to be a test for Warren.

bigchief72455

Warren plays a very good team defense. They all fly to the ball and play their positions well. I am very impressed by the way they have been coached.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2016, 08:48:01 am
We will see what happens Friday night. Going to be a test for Warren.

I wish this was a Saturday game, I would go...  Back in the day WMS was routine, I was feeling it again and was ready for CJ's and/or Feltner's Whataburger...

AirWarren

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 06, 2016, 08:50:41 am
Warren plays a very good team defense. They all fly to the ball and play their positions well. I am very impressed by the way they have been coached.

Friday will be the biggest test. Lots of assignment football and tackling for defense.

Offense, catch the ball, limit turnovers, and establish the run.

STUNNA

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 06, 2016, 08:50:41 am

What makes them so good is tht they don't give up very many big plays... you have to put drives together to outscore them.

bigchief72455

Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2016, 08:52:11 am
What makes them so good is tht they don't give up very many big plays... you have to put drives together to outscore them.
True. They are very disciplined and you can tell they study that game film. The coaches and players know the offense they are playing against well.

STUNNA

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 06, 2016, 08:54:56 am
True. They are very disciplined and you can tell they study that game film. The coaches and players know the offense they are playing against well.

whats crazy is Warren has 5 starters out for the year

STUNNA

I think it will be a good game. I think PR will come out and try to run it right at us and try to out physical us.

bigchief72455

Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2016, 08:57:21 am
I think it will be a good game. I think PR will come out and try to run it right at us and try to out physical us.
I am sure they will. That will prove to be problematic for them after a while though. Their offense might tire out before the Jacks begin to fade a little.

Lumberjackfan1978

Yea will be a test Friday night.Warren needs to take control of the game early on offense and defense.Gonna be a good night for football

bigchief72455

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on December 06, 2016, 09:05:18 am
Yea will be a test Friday night.Warren needs to take control of the game early on offense and defense.Gonna be a good night for football
Yeah. There is nothing quite like cold turf to land on. lol

Lumberjackfan1978

Warren needs to get the ball in the hands of their playmakers

AirWarren

STUNNA

I think Warren will come out throwing the balls... seems like its what they have done all playoffs... get the passing game going early.

OLDSCHOOL82

I was lucky enough to see both.  Warren once and PR twice.  Pea Ridge, I believe will put up the best fight.  I believe they will actually move the ball fairly well, barring mistakes on their part.  But, Warren has too much.  Warren by 14.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 06, 2016, 09:17:44 am
I was lucky enough to see both.  Warren once and PR twice.  Pea Ridge, I believe will put up the best fight.  I believe they will actually move the ball fairly well, barring mistakes on their part.  But, Warren has too much.  Warren by 14.

I agree and think PR is actually a good match up.  But Warren has too many weapons... PR has to limit big plays from Warren....

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 06, 2016, 09:22:53 am
I agree and think PR is actually a good match up.  But Warren has too many weapons... PR has to limit big plays from Warren....

Prarie Groves secondary game plan was horrendous and they never adjusted.   You could see the poor corner trying to press/man up on Burks almost begging the free safety to stop tapping his hat and calling man!!  HELP is what he should of been screaminig!

cuckoobird

bigchief72455

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 06, 2016, 09:26:06 am
Warren 75
PR 14
Who typed this? I know you Stuttgart boys can't count that high. lol. jk. Ole bird can't help himself.lol

BlackhawkNation

Lol. Let me know when u need me. Me and the family are down to scrap any time.

BlackhawkNation

prHOG13

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 06, 2016, 09:25:09 am
Prarie Groves secondary game plan was horrendous and they never adjusted.   You could see the poor corner trying to press/man up on Burks almost begging the free safety to stop tapping his hat and calling man!!  HELP is what he should of been screaminig!
One thing our defensive staff is great at is making in game adjustments. Shiloh created some issues with our secondary and we made some nice adjustments coming out of half and started to finally get some pressure on Reece which caused some errant throws

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 06, 2016, 09:50:13 am
One thing our defensive staff is great at is making in game adjustments. Shiloh created some issues with our secondary and we made some nice adjustments coming out of half and started to finally get some pressure on Reece which caused some errant throws

Warrens qb moves great.  Could be an excellent slot receiver.  Throws with extreme accuracy.  Will be a tall chore to get to him in time.  PG had a good rush on him but many times he would have the ball in the air before the receiver turned around.  He doesn't just camp out in the pocket.  It didn't matter if it was a hitch, post route, go route, etc.  They play well together and were in sync.

BlackhawkNation

There's a guy on the bench that is faster than Holley or Winn. Torres (13) is 5'5" and 155. He is the back up to these guys. I have seen him running RB in practice for the last four weeks. He is by far the fastest RB I have seen. Currently he plays OLB and punt return. He has had 3 pick 6's this year. I would like to see him get some play.

prHOG13

Yeah I don't think he's faster than Winn. Love Jacob though, very good player

BlackhawkNation

Regardless, I think he is severely underrated. He is like Winn when it comes to the sides and hitting the corner. His 90 yard return on PG is something worth looking at. Very impressive.

BlackhawkNation

BlackhawkNation

dukes424

Great player just like his older brother Jonah. Little brother that's a junior is gonna be a good one to.

BlackhawkNation

Yeah, Romeo is definitely one to watch.

$aintMaximu$

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas