• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heber Springs job opening?

Started by Catfish, April 14, 2014, 08:48:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Catfish

I heard that the boys coach is leaving. Anybody else hear this?

Nikki7672

He was thinking about going back to college and working for an old friend, but has decided to stay in High School for good. I heard that two weeks ago from a good friend.

ab24

but does that mean that he is staying where he is, or that he is staying at the high school level, just going to a different high school???

Moonshiner

Supposedly he is in the running at Yellville-Summit

Googlymoogly

From what I have heard, he's going to be hired at Y-S tonight at its board meeting.... stay tuned

hawgfan76

Not sure where everyone is getting their information from. But I know for a fact that he was coaching his Heber 4th and 6th grade aau teams in Searcy last weekend.  He has quite a bit of talent coming up in Heber for the next few years also.

ab24

According to yellville website, school board meeting is now Thursday. If in fact he is going to yellville

Catfish

Quote from: ab24 on April 14, 2014, 08:21:51 pm
According to yellville website, school board meeting is now Thursday. If in fact he is going to yellville

That's what I have heard.

Moonshiner

Quote from: hawgfan76 on April 14, 2014, 06:30:25 pm
Not sure where everyone is getting their information from. But I know for a fact that he was coaching his Heber 4th and 6th grade aau teams in Searcy last weekend.  He has quite a bit of talent coming up in Heber for the next few years also.

Well he must be wanting out of town.  He almost got the Valley job last year, according to some of the Tiger faithful.

hawgfan76

I'm not sure he wants out of town or not. Most coaches that are trying to leave don't get too involved with the elementary kids and he has been coaching them all summer in aau tournaments. I wouldn't blame him if he did leave though...the administration hasn't been very good to him, other than the school board. I know he interviewed at valley last year but that has to be one of the best high school basketball jobs in the state.

Moonshiner

I'm assuming he is continuing to work with those kids in case he isn't successful at looking elsewhere.  I can tell you with utmost certainty that he is at the least a finalist at Yellville.

Catfish

I just heard from one of Hebers Sr. Boys that the coach does plan on leaving.

Eagle20

He's leaving.  You will find out tomorrow night.

HawgDaddy

So....is Coach K going to Yellville-Summit?  I hear tonight is the night that announcement is made.  As an alumni, I hope he can make the program a perennial power in a pretty tough league.  What do Heber folks think of him?

hawgfan76

Yes I'm hearing the same thing now.  YS will be getting a great coach and I feel sorry for the coach that comes into Heber to replace Kyzer!!

Nikki7672

K is 56 and 14 in the 2AAAA in the last five seasons.

HorseFeathers

Catfish

Quote from: HawgDaddy on April 17, 2014, 12:31:42 pm
So....is Coach K going to Yellville-Summit?  I hear tonight is the night that announcement is made.  As an alumni, I hope he can make the program a perennial power in a pretty tough league.  What do Heber folks think of him?

Good coach, knows the game. Just comes off as kind of a jerk if you don't know him well.

ab24

so do we know if it is official? did YS approve it?

Moonshiner

Well, must be some indecision in Yelltown.  Coaching decision tabled till the next board meeting.

ab24

man, it sounds like the board might not like who the school has picked

Moonshiner

Homegrown Coach wants it too.  Drama in Marion County.

ab24

sometimes school boards play too big of a role.  if the school wanted coach K, the board SHOULD approve it. 

HawgDaddy

HawgDaddy

That board has overstepped their responsibilities for a very long time.  There are some great folks in that community, but some folks in Yellville wouldn't be happy with Pat Summit or Dean Smith as coaches.  It's a very hard place to coach basketball.  They have some talent for at least two years, but not enough to win the conference next year.  Flippin will win the league next year.  Whoever they hire will be expected to win the league the next two years and I'd be surprised if they do it either of the two. 

It could be a blessing for whoever doesn't get the job!

hawgfan76

I have known Kevin Kyzer for 8+ years as a professional and friend.  The first impression people have of him is that he is very intense and from that, they don't understand his true personality.
The people that know him, which includes parents, friends, players, former players and people in the community, will all tell you that he is a very "good guy." The kids he coaches, he turns into young men that have character, classroom success, community focus and mature for their age. He teaches these boys how to be men and accept responsibility in every aspect of their lives.
His intensity stems from his unbelievable work ethic. Both as a coach and individual. He runs very fast paced games, very fast paced practices and expects the best of those that play for him. He expects the best from himself, as well.
He is all about player development on and off the court. Not only for his JR/SR high players – he also voluntarily coaches 4th and 6th grade AAU teams in Heber. What other high school coach gives 4-5 hours a week of his own time, to develop the basketball in Heber Springs. He transitions well from coaching 4th grade to senior high. When the kids need an arm around them, he gives them that. When they need to be "barked' at, he will do that as well. All former players I know that have played for Kevin, all have immense respect for him. Many of them have kept a very close relationship with him, after high school, after college and now as adult men. Once you are in Kevin's "family" you never leave that family. He cares for these boys as players and also individuals.
I am a former college player, and I would never, ever hesitate having my kid play for Kevin. He will teach my boys how to be men, and is the best motion coach in High School I have seen in 3 states.
With all the communication about this topic, I thought that someone that knows him should pipe in.

Moonshiner

Did one of Yellvilles board members resign?

HorseFeathers

Was told Yellville has filled their position with a coach from St Joe...so...

Googlymoogly

Broc Adams, a Yellville-Summit grad who has been at St. Joe the last few years, was hired to be the Y-S boys coach. The board ignored the recommendation of Kyzer to hired the hometown boy. You can fill in the rest....

Eagle20

Is Kyzer staying in Heber Springs?

HawgBall06

Cossatot River High School has been extremely fortunate to hire Kevin Kyzer as their new head basketball coach.  This is kind of a home coming for coach Kyzer and we are looking forward to having him rejoin our community. 

HawgBall06

Quote from: hawgfan76 on April 18, 2014, 10:23:52 am

I have known Kevin Kyzer for 8+ years as a professional and friend.  The first impression people have of him is that he is very intense and from that, they don't understand his true personality.
The people that know him, which includes parents, friends, players, former players and people in the community, will all tell you that he is a very "good guy." The kids he coaches, he turns into young men that have character, classroom success, community focus and mature for their age. He teaches these boys how to be men and accept responsibility in every aspect of their lives.
His intensity stems from his unbelievable work ethic. Both as a coach and individual. He runs very fast paced games, very fast paced practices and expects the best of those that play for him. He expects the best from himself, as well.
He is all about player development on and off the court. Not only for his JR/SR high players – he also voluntarily coaches 4th and 6th grade AAU teams in Heber. What other high school coach gives 4-5 hours a week of his own time, to develop the basketball in Heber Springs. He transitions well from coaching 4th grade to senior high. When the kids need an arm around them, he gives them that. When they need to be "barked' at, he will do that as well. All former players I know that have played for Kevin, all have immense respect for him. Many of them have kept a very close relationship with him, after high school, after college and now as adult men. Once you are in Kevin's "family" you never leave that family. He cares for these boys as players and also individuals.
I am a former college player, and I would never, ever hesitate having my kid play for Kevin. He will teach my boys how to be men, and is the best motion coach in High School I have seen in 3 states.
With all the communication about this topic, I thought that someone that knows him should pipe in.

I appreciate your posts concerning coach Kyzer and the things you have said are exactly the things that I found as I have looked through the background of coach Kyzer. 

ab24

so any ideas on who might be looked at for heber job?

bdog32

Who are they after?  Have they started interviewing?

sevenof400

Jay Moore moves from a JH coaching role at Vilonia to assume the HC job at Heber Springs.
Click here for article.

turftime

I heard Heber is getting new  uniforms  Someone last year sacked them all up in garbage bags and they were thrown  away.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas