• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Karmaout

Started by george7244, April 12, 2014, 03:01:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

george7244

Out of curiosity would someone explain to me what the karma by your name means. I know you have positive and negative karma but what is considered poaitive and what is negative and who decides. Not complaining but just curious

george7244

Did not proofread. It is supposed to be karma and not karmaout. Also supposed to be positive and not poative

HorseFeathers

It's decided by people clapping or slapping you. .

george7244

Explain that please and how is this accompolished. Thanks

True Fan

Shows up under your name when you use a desktop, not on most phones.

If someone thinks that you have an insightful position or post, they can click on the clap to give you a clap. Or, you and your little buddies can clap each other up so everybody feels good about themselves.

Of course, if someone disagrees with a post, or your school, or your user name, or any other random reason, they can smite you with a slap to make you feel bad about yourself and to show the rest of the board that you are a bad, bad person. They may also message their friends and have them slap you to get around the hour wait to smack you again. Or, they can log out and back in to their other account to slap you again. If you manage to tick off a moderator, they can set your karma to whatever they feel like. (DISCLAIMER - I only saw that happen several years back before the mod in question went down in flames and got himself banned.) I love moderation. ;D

I hope this helps. ;)

george7244

Appreciate the explanation. I think it's funny as heck

HorseFeathers

True fan, out of curiosity who was that moderator ?   and eddie goodson has his negative maxed out to.

george7244

How come i don't have a clap or a slap by my name. I feel as though my negative account is too low. Lol

AirWarren

Eddie Goodson been slapped around more than Lionel Ritchie.

True Fan

HF, all I'll say about that is that it was a man of the cloth from south Arkansas. ;D

sevenof400

Quote from: george7244 on April 12, 2014, 05:42:08 pm
How come i don't have a clap or a slap by my name. I feel as though my negative account is too low. Lol

You can't clap or slap yourself.

[__________________________________ insert joke here]

cuckoobird

Quote from: True Fan on April 12, 2014, 03:23:48 pm

If someone thinks that you have an insightful position or post, they can click on the clap to give you a clap. Or, you and your little buddies can clap each other up so everybody feels good about themselves.

Of course, if someone disagrees with a post, or your school, or your user name, or any other random reason, they can smite you with a slap to make you feel bad about yourself and to show the rest of the board that you are a bad, bad person. They may also message their friends and have them slap you to get around the hour wait to smack you again. Or, they can log out and back in to their other account to slap you again. If you manage to tick off a moderator, they can set your karma to whatever they feel like. (DISCLAIMER - I only saw that happen several years back before the mod in question went down in flames and got himself banned.) I love moderation. ;D

I hope this helps. ;)
speakers of the truth are slapped a lot. Going along with the crowd will increase your positive karma

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 16, 2014, 11:59:32 am

I hope this helps. ;)
speakers of the truth are slapped a lot. Going along with the crowd will increase your positive karma

Trolls will be slapped a lot, but seriously, who bothers to do it, it seems childish.

SNWA

lets all rally and get Ricepig back above 500 percent....5 more claps

HorseFeathers

if you have positive karma then your not doing something right

ricepig

Quote from: HF on April 16, 2014, 01:10:38 pm
if you have positive karma then your not doing something right

Wow, SNWA, what have you been doing wrong?

cuckoobird

Quote from: ricepig on April 16, 2014, 12:48:26 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on April 16, 2014, 11:59:32 am

I hope this helps. ;)

Trolls will be slapped a lot, but seriously, who bothers to do it, it seems childish.
I couldn't agree more about the childish part

SNWA

lol...not too sure but i bet when my daughters get out of school my numbers will flip-flop...haha

AT

I received a good positive to negative karma ratio from the track and field forums. We have each other's backs in there and clap a lot (this is getting weird).

cuckoobird is right, though, negative karma isn't always an indicator of trolling or being a bad poster. Having a unpopular opinion or being a fan of a school that has a lot of rival fans on the board will increase that negative karma.

I'm pretty sure most of my slaps come from Harrison fans during basketball season. ;)

cuckoobird

Quote from: Almatrackster on April 18, 2014, 01:56:03 pm
I received a good positive to negative karma ratio from the track and field forums. We have each other's backs in there and clap a lot (this is getting weird).

cuckoobird is right, though, negative karma isn't always an indicator of trolling or being a bad poster. Having a unpopular opinion or being a fan of a school that has a lot of rival fans on the board will increase that negative karma.

I'm pretty sure most of my slaps come from Harrison fans during basketball season. ;)
Nashville and Warren fans slap like little britches........

True Fan

Quote from: Almatrackster on April 18, 2014, 01:56:03 pm

The vast majority of my slaps came from tangling with the one guy. I don't think I even replied to him. He was way out there so I gave him a little smack. He figured out it was me somehow, slaps jumped up and I got some ugly pm's. Don't know if he was just setting them or actually took the time to keep slapping. I started a couple of threads asking about the abuse of power by mods and was shut done real quick. A different mod explained to me that I better watch it, he didn't know anything about what started it. But, that the mod in question was the salt of the earth and above questioning. The dude was banned within six months. ;D

It's funny because I won't be on here for a week and my karma changes, both ways. I guess folks are late getting offended by old posts, or are still holding a grudge about something.

I would probably be maxed out if not for the review feature. I type a lot of stuff that never makes the board. ;)

DogsWin7

My karma changes when I'm not on or haven't posted in awhile too....oh well.

Just turn the other cheek....:)

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: AirWarren on April 12, 2014, 05:48:59 pm
Half of them came from accusing Billy Dawson and Bo Hembre of running up the score in games.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 19, 2014, 10:48:52 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on April 12, 2014, 05:48:59 pm
Half of them came from accusing Billy Dawson and Bo Hembre of running up the score in games.
I think half of mine are for the same thing

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas