• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UCA vs UALR Brawl

Started by WoodenBat, April 03, 2014, 09:49:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodenBat

any details on the brawl??

Breitontime

Meh', part of the game. It was short, broken up quickly.

Curious as to what set Gum off?

ricepig

Norwood went down like a $10 hooker.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Bottom 10, UCA steals 2nd. Norwood argues interference and umps change call - batter is out, runner back to first.  Gum then argues and keeps saying Norwood's name while he was arguing, so Norwood comes back out and it escalates quickly...

Apparently Gum v Norwood dislike for each other goes back to OBU days.  I think Gum had already left SAU by the time Norwood got to OBU.

Kazimierz

I don't see how that coach went down. He was barely pushed... looked more like one of these:

ricepig

Quote from: Kazimierz on April 03, 2014, 12:38:55 pm
I don't see how that coach went down. He was barely pushed... looked more like one of these:

Any truth he's been to Auburn for spring break drills on falling out, flopping at Michigan??

Uncle Ivan

Looked like a light tap led to that flop.

True Fan

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that thought that Norwood flopping was the most interesting part of the clip.

olemissjacket99

bleudog

Quote from: olemissjacket99 on April 04, 2014, 06:30:24 am
any suspensions?

Suspensions in brawl issued

CONWAY (AP) — Players from both teams have drawn suspensions after a brawl that erupted in the 10th inning of a game between Central Arkansas and Arkansas-Little Rock. Benches cleared Wednesday as UALR coach Scott Norwood and UCA coach Allen Gum argued and Gum bumped Norwood backward. A UCA assistant coach then knocked Norwood to the ground.
    The fight was caught on video by fans at UCA's ballpark.
    Play stopped for 20 minutes and umpires ejected Norwood and UALR pitcher Chad Bradford.
    One UCA player is suspended for eight games and two teammates and an assistant coach are out for four games.
    Four UALR players are suspended — three for four games and one for eight games.
    Both schools issued statements expressing regret for the incident.
    UCA won 5-4 in 11 innings.

CathywithaC

Quote from: True Fan on April 03, 2014, 10:31:33 pm
I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that thought that Norwood flopping was the most interesting part of the clip.
LOL!  Bet he thinks twice before flopping again and getting trampled by his own players.  That's probably the most fun they've had all year.

AirWarren

Lions84

Dang I never thought we would act like that. Glad the Trojans got some fire.

Hoghead

Lionheart88

Quote from: Hoghead on April 21, 2014, 01:16:28 am
Thugs !!!!
Just part of baseball.  Now, if they'd done the pragmatic thing and run out there with bats in their hands, yeah I'd agree with you.  I'm always amazed at how no one thinks to grab a bat in a baseball fight.  They're either idiots or incredibly well trained, to be able to avoid grabbing a weapon when they're fighting mad.

Hoghead

^^^^^^^ That's right its baseball. But if Nets & Hawks of the NBA have a skirmish or UAPB and Grambling its forever tagged "THUGS"..   Hockey, its part of the game. UCLA vs Arizona. These two are a Scrappy bunch ! Boys will be boys !  Alabama St. VS. Alabama A&M, The THUGGERY here tonight was uncalled for ! Hee Hee that's how it works. Too Funny !!!

Lionheart88

Just tradition.  Fighting isn't really a traditional part of the game in basketball (because thy're so close to the stands?  I don't know).  In Hockey and baseball, it just is.  It also isn't in soccer, or american football, or lacrosse.  I can't see any rhyme or reason to it.  Can you?

Breitontime

It's a gentleman's game. You don't take weapons. Closest you will see to it, is a batter throwing a helmet, yet, never swinging it like a weapon.

Anyone see my buddy Travis Snyder put Gomez on the ground yesterday?

Lionheart88

Because it's so gentlemanly to punch someone.  Or go Johnny Cueto and end a guy's career with a cleat to his face.

Breitontime

Gentlemen have issues with one another, they duke it out like men. Not with weapons.

Cueto, an outlier.

True Fan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 21, 2014, 11:39:41 am
  I can't see any rhyme or reason to it. 

There doesn't have to be any rhyme or reason for some folks to play cards.  ;)

Hoghead

I'm just calling it as its called. I watch Hockey highlight simply because of the fights !

True Fan

And NASCAR for the wrecks? ;D

Hoghead

Quote from: True Fan on April 21, 2014, 03:58:57 pm

Dang Skippy !   I watched Mutual of Omahas Wild Kingdom pulling for the Snakes & Gators to bite Merlin !!!!

bleudog

Quote from: Hoghead on April 21, 2014, 04:03:55 pm
Quote from: True Fan on April 21, 2014, 03:58:57 pm

Dang Skippy !   I watched Mutual of Omahas Wild Kingdom pulling for the Snakes & Gators to bite Merlin !!!!

Ol' Marlin was safe back in the studio.  It was Jim who had the best chance to get maimed by something.  Just like Bob Wills said, little bee sucks the blossom, big bee gets the honey. ;)

AirWarren

Typical reason why I hate the sport.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Hoghead on April 21, 2014, 11:26:25 am
^^^^^^^ That's right its baseball. But if Nets & Hawks of the NBA have a skirmish or UAPB and Grambling its forever tagged "THUGS"..   Hockey, its part of the game. UCLA vs Arizona. These two are a Scrappy bunch ! Boys will be boys !  Alabama St. VS. Alabama A&M, The THUGGERY here tonight was uncalled for ! Hee Hee that's how it works. Too Funny !!!

Should we read between the lines here or not?  Are you sayin somethin?

Uncle Ivan

How many thug brawls have goofy flops in them?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 21, 2014, 12:58:16 pm
Because it's so gentlemanly to punch someone.

Depends on where the punch lands.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Breitontime on April 21, 2014, 12:51:32 pm
Anyone see my buddy Travis Snyder put Gomez on the ground yesterday?

I saw it, and loved it.  Carlos Gomez is a punk.

Lions84

They both paid a high price for that brew Ha.

Uncle Ivan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas