• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Softball Umpiring ?

Started by SantaHog, March 24, 2014, 10:45:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SantaHog

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was informed by veteran umpires that softball umpiring scheduling in Arkansas is done between the coach and the individual umpires.  There is not anyone at the district level assigning softball umpires to the games.  If this is true, I cannot believe that the AAA has not gotten involved.

True Fan

Depends on the conference. Some use assigners. Many if the smaller conferences do not. AAA is only involved at regional and state level.

SantaHog

Thanks for the response, True Fan. 

sevenof400

Quote from: SantaHog on March 24, 2014, 10:45:36 am
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was informed by veteran umpires that softball umpiring scheduling in Arkansas is done between the coach and the individual umpires.  There is not anyone at the district level assigning softball umpires to the games.  If this is true, I cannot believe that the AAA has not gotten involved.

Quote from: True Fan on March 24, 2014, 10:49:49 am
Depends on the conference. Some use assigners. Many if the smaller conferences do not. AAA is only involved at regional and state level.

Believe it - and in all sports.  This is one of the many things that makes referee improvement so difficult. 
Another problem is the AAA really has no control or relation with the assignors in their job role as an assignor.  Of the sports I am familiar with, the assignor is often just a referee who has decided to branch out and offer their assignor services to schools so they do not have to deal with finding referees.  AAA really takes a hands (way) off approach when it comes to refereeing.     

Lions84

I feel for SB Zebras cause those girls are dangerous,  2 weeks ago we saw a batter lose the grip on the bat and it sailed down the 3rd base line and nearly hit the official.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Lions84 on April 07, 2014, 10:56:08 am
I feel for SB Zebras cause those girls are dangerous,  2 weeks ago we saw a batter lose the grip on the bat and it sailed down the 3rd base line and nearly hit the official.

My questions is why was an umpire down 3rd base line?

3 Dollar

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on April 16, 2014, 05:57:10 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on April 07, 2014, 10:56:08 am

My questions is why was an umpire down 3rd base line?

Maybe they were using 3-Person Mechanics??  ???

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas