• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it Football yet?

Started by WCD, February 25, 2014, 11:05:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WCD

SIGH!  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..................... hold on unil August!

WCD:-)

Lions84

NOPE but we have Cheerleader tryouts March 6th at my kids HS!   It is rough this time of the year for all us Hardcore Football Fans.

sevenof400

Football gets underway next week all around the state - get out and see some games this spring!

adaptedtigerfan

Someone pick a 2014 champion.... 

beaverfan007

charleston glenrose  smack over  are a few contenders

WPWells

My current top 5:

1. Charleston
1A. Booneville
3. Smackover
4. Prescott
5. Harding Academy

SuperTurfMonkey

Glen Blows don't make the top ten!!! ;D

adaptedtigerfan

DeeGee

February 27, 2014, 11:14:39 pm #8 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:16:29 pm by DeeGoldie
Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on February 25, 2014, 09:55:16 pm
Glen Blows don't make the top ten!!! ;D

Don't you say that every year??? Lol
It's ok though, we can have this dispute in the fall. Hahaha. These boys are working their tails off. You know you've missed me so I had to say something. Lol

DogsWin7

I'm ready to see the Charleston Tigers whoop up on Booneville.      Let the fun begin!!  :)

AnotherTurfMonkey

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 28, 2014, 07:27:51 am
I'm ready to see the Charleston Tigers whoop up on Booneville.      Let the fun begin!!  :)

I don't know where this guy is from but he is ......... Brilliant!

You got it figured out my man!

I can't wait for football season.  I will prob make a few Charleston games and hopefully run into a few of their fans.

I'm hoping I can meet SuperTurfMonkey!

DogsWin7

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on February 28, 2014, 07:58:24 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 28, 2014, 07:27:51 am

I don't know where this guy is from but he is ......... Brilliant!

You got it figured out my man!

I can't wait for football season.  I will prob make a few Charleston games and hopefully run into a few of their fans.

I'm hoping I can meet SuperTurfMonkey!

Well....seeing that your so brilliant.....I guess you missed that I'm a girl! Lol!  :) 

But yes.....that game will be a good one! 

OLDSCHOOL82

Oh..... We play chucktown next year?  Do they even have a football team?

Hogwild#9

Charleston will go undefeated and win it all again. You heard it here first ladies and gentleman. I think that Booneville and Smackover will both have salty teams as well.

Hootie

March 05, 2014, 05:08:36 pm #14 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 12:10:50 pm by Hootie
McGehee will beat Smackover again next year.

OLDSCHOOL82

Oh hog wild you have so much to learn young grasshopper!

Hogwild#9

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on March 05, 2014, 10:00:10 pm
Oh hog wild you have so much to learn young grasshopper!
This grasshopper is hopping on the right track....

adaptedtigerfan

I have always thought Hogwild was smart...   This leaves no doubts...    Brilliant!!!

OLDSCHOOL82

Still too much time till football season to get in heated arguments about the chucktown awesomeness so i'll just let it go for now.  Ill save it all for later.  Week 9 is a looooooooooong ways away. 

adaptedtigerfan

Who does Booneville have to replace the all state lines & QB?

AnotherTurfMonkey

You heard it here first children!  Booneville will not beat Charleston in 2014! ;D

They have 6 plays on offense and won't have the studs up front to run them.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on March 06, 2014, 08:42:08 am
You heard it here first children!  Booneville will not beat Charleston in 2014! ;D

Ha, we shall see!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on March 06, 2014, 08:26:31 am
Who does Booneville have to replace the all state lines & QB?

Another qb, and other linemen, of course.....  Qb will be replaced with a James Ray who will be a SR.  Their are a couple linemen on both sides returning and the others will be whoever wants it the most.  Dont you chuckytown fans worry, we will field a decent line.

Lions84

At least the past two weeks we had Cheer Tryouts.

WildcatGrandpa13

Driving up to Charleston for the state tournament I witnessed the Charleston football team practicing, helmets and all. Sounds like a full time job in Charleston lol...Hogwild might know what he is talking about.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on March 08, 2014, 08:59:45 am
Driving up to Charleston for the state tournament I witnessed the Charleston football team practicing, helmets and all. Sounds like a full time job in Charleston lol...Hogwild might know what he is talking about.

Thats their powder puff team practicing.  It looks very similar to their HS team.

(ha)

DogsWin7

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on March 08, 2014, 10:08:17 am
Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on March 08, 2014, 08:59:45 am

Thats their powder puff team practicing.  It looks very similar to their HS team.

(ha)

It's okay for a bearcat to be a little intimidated by a Tiger.  :)

How many starters return for Booneville? 

Mr.Fridaynight11

Nobody could stop any six of Booneville's plays all year long, so what makes you think that chuck town will?

AnotherTurfMonkey

Quote from: Mr.Fridaynight11 on March 09, 2014, 10:50:36 pm

Nobody could stop any six of Booneville's plays all year long, so what makes you think that chuck town will?

They must have skipped reading comprehension or u were absent that day.
What part of "they won't have the studs up front to run them" do you not understand?

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on March 10, 2014, 06:10:23 am
Quote from: Mr.Fridaynight11 on March 09, 2014, 10:50:36 pm

They must have skipped reading comprehension or u were absent that day.
What part of "they won't have the studs up front to run them" do you not understand?
Booneville has never really had "studs" up front. Booneville's o-line averages around 210 pounds.

Lions84

My Kid made the Varsity Squad again ! She will have cheered from 7-12 when she is done in 2016.  Lord I miss HS football but come June I can catch some 7 on 7 action.

Lions84

Going to Baseball games to try and fill the void but it just not the same.

Lions84

Dang I woke up and it still April and not August.

adaptedtigerfan

At least 7on7 is getting close that can give us a lil hope

Paperman

Baseball is just not football!

sevenof400

Open your eyes boys....football is happening right now all around you!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 12, 2014, 06:05:07 pm
Open your eyes boys....football is happening right now all around you!

I try every year to see what's good about that football...and just can't do it....I can sit and watch a part of a lacrosse game. Guess the fact those guys are (Intentionally?) beating the crap out of each other with long sticks helps keep me focused on the game...

Lions84

Quote from: Paperman on April 11, 2014, 03:17:05 pm
Baseball is just not football!

Yep but it gets me out of the house and away from Honey do's for 2-4 hours if we have a double header.

WPWells

Stop hating on the best game ever invented

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 15, 2014, 10:16:06 am
Stop hating on the best game ever invented

I haven't seen one negative word about basketball...maybe I missed it?

3cats

Quote from: WCD on February 25, 2014, 11:05:17 am
SIGH!  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..................... hold on unil August!

WCD:-)
You really need to start getting into baseball...

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Hootie on March 05, 2014, 05:08:36 pm

only if they have the same ref that called that Smackover "TOUCHDOWN" .....down on the 6 inch line again.... turned out to be the diffrence in the game............but not the diffrence in the conf championship (which is all that matterd).  ;D

KOJACK

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 17, 2014, 06:57:15 pm

only if they have the same ref that called that Smackover "TOUCHDOWN" .....down on the 6 inch line again.... turned out to be the diffrence in the game............but not the diffrence in the conf championship (which is all that matterd).  ;D
Setting yourself up for failure again?  ;D

Hootie

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 17, 2014, 06:57:15 pm

I mean technically speaking you still didn't win the conference championship, Fordyce won it for you.  ;D :-*

BUCK FEVER

technically speaking we beat fordyce (who skull drugged you ) and technically speaking we have the trophy in the case.

Lions84

My withdraws are Strong today.

Hootie

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 19, 2014, 07:21:38 am
technically speaking we beat fordyce (who skull drugged you ) and technically speaking we have the trophy in the case.

Yeah Dewitt and Fouke also skull drugged us last season too. But you didn't.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Hootie on April 20, 2014, 04:20:43 pm

That only proves that you got skulled by 2 ......not one...... but 2 teams that we clearly beat........you got lucky on a bad call on what should have been a TD for the Bucks which turned out to be the diffrence in the game..................the season is over, we are the champions, please try to show a little class and suck it up.

Hootie

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 20, 2014, 10:20:53 pm
Quote from: Hootie on April 20, 2014, 04:20:43 pm

That only proves that you got skulled by 2 ......not one...... but 2 teams that we clearly beat........you got lucky on a bad call on what should have been a TD for the Bucks which turned out to be the diffrence in the game..................the season is over, we are the champions, please try to show a little class and suck it up.

Since when does Buck Fever show a little class? Or tell others to act that way?

Lions84

Can't wait till I can get out and see some 7 on 7 this summer.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas