• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations 2018 6A state champion Greenwood Bulldogs

Started by Lanny, December 01, 2018, 03:01:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

dhen

PA Dad

Congrats to Greenwood on a great season and another championship.  You guys are really impressive.

The Future

What makes this title win more impressive is I don't think anyone in Greenwood believed we had a spot reserved in December at WMS. Especially after losing who we lost to graduation AND after the week 1 beating at Northside.
I'm sure most picked a 7-3 or 8-2 regular season finish and yes a chance to reach the Rock but not a done deal like some previous years.
But every week this team went out and improved so much. You can look at stats and compare this team to last years team all you want. But both teams finished where it mattered and will bring home a ring.

As far as Jones' future at Greenwood goes, obviously as a fan I don't want him to go anywhere. But he's gone beyond what anyone expected or asked of him. And we couldn't be more proud. If he chooses to step down then so be it. But I know a little part of him is itching about a 3rd 3peat lol

Oldbadger

Congrats to Greenwood! It didn't seem they would be denied. Didn't get to watch the whole game. I was at the OBU game in Arkadelphia. I tried to watch it on my phone but was difficult. Again, congrats to the Bulldogs!

Pr8hd

Quote from: The Future on December 01, 2018, 03:46:32 pm
What makes this title win more impressive is I don't think anyone in Greenwood believed we had a spot reserved in December at WMS. Especially after losing who we lost to graduation AND after the week 1 beating at Northside.
I'm sure most picked a 7-3 or 8-2 regular season finish and yes a chance to reach the Rock but not a done deal like some previous years.
But every week this team went out and improved so much. You can look at stats and compare this team to last years team all you want. But both teams finished where it mattered and will bring home a ring.

As far as Jones' future at Greenwood goes, obviously as a fan I don't want him to go anywhere. But he's gone beyond what anyone expected or asked of him. And we couldn't be more proud. If he chooses to step down then so be it. But I know a little part of him is itching about a 3rd 3peat lol

Well said...

JoeWho

Greenwood (in my opinion) is the Best High School Football Team in the State.  I pull for Benton, but it was not to be! 

Can not hate them for been good. 

Go Greenwood!!!   :)

High Voltage

The defense the past two years has been impressive. I didn't think the defensive side of the ball would be this good after what we lost last year to graduation. They played well all year.

Pr8hd

First of all congrats to the Benton Panthers, they had a great year, good coaching, and a really good team. They definitely deserved to be playing for a title. Their second round game against Jonesboro, was an improbable win and showed they had a lot of heart. Glad, I caught the last 4-5 min of it and very memorable.

As far as GW is concerned, what can you say. All the praise in the world, would not be enough of those kids and coaches. They lost so many pieces of arguably one of the most dominant GW team ever, it was hard to picture them doing what they did yesterday. Add in the fact, that they had to convert Holt to QB and losing Barlow, the receiver that was expected to fill some of Holt's void there. Holt is a stud, but he definitely would not have been able to do what he did this year for sure without 10-11 others on both sides of the ball. They had so many kids step up, it would be hard to name them all, but they know who they are and what they did for the team. After the NS loss, they got better and better each week when it might have been easier to accept what many had preconceived notions of that they just were likely going to have a down year by GW standards. They did not accept that instead they chose to grind and work hard.

I am not sure where this win or title ranks this team in comparison of years past. They are all pretty sweet. It has to be one of the better jobs by the coaching staff to push the right buttons and the team buying in to play as a TEAM. CRJ has taken a converted receiver to QB 2 other times to win titles, but this is only his second non-D1 QB he's won a title with under GW and I guess technically Holt is a D1 athlete just not in football. It would be hard for me to believe that based on his talent and despite his measureables that he could not do so if someone gave him a chance at the next level in some capacity.

CRJ gets a ton of credit and deservedly so, but his staff does one of the best jobs in the state getting the kids ready, coming up with game plans, etc. His staff is a bit like the players when they lose one you think is hard to replace, a new one comes in and does a great job. CRJ just continues to do what he does. 8 titles in 15 years  and 11 appearances in that same time is way more than I think anyone knew what he would do when he got here in 2004. His teams have won an incredible 88% of the time he walks on the field and he crossed the very select 300 win threshold as well. It's amazing. If or when it does end at his own choosing, there will be a collective sigh in GW. Greatness only comes along ever so often and you better appreciate what you got while you got it. It can be hard to capture it again. CRJ has been and continues to be the GOAT. He's likely to be in his office today, getting ready for the 2019 campaign....

Congrats to 2018 6A Greenwood Bulldogs

zebrafan

WMWRECKINGCREW

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas