• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot’s next HC?

Started by IAFLAR7, November 06, 2018, 12:09:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman2018

Great hire and a very good guy!!

bleudog

Dapper Dan

I am sure the answer is in this thread somewhere...but where did the old HC go?

rammer

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 18, 2018, 04:22:17 pm
57 is pretty old.
Same age as Nick Saban when Alabama hired him. I see no regrets by Alabama. I will acknowledge high school coaches seem to retire earlier than college coaches, but knowing Scott Reeds love for football I can see him coaching for awhile. Remember Red Parker.

AirWarren

Quote from: Dapper Dan on December 19, 2018, 07:52:34 am
I am sure the answer is in this thread somewhere...but where did the old HC go?

Retired.

AirWarren

Quote from: rammer on December 19, 2018, 08:33:17 am
Same age as Nick Saban when Alabama hired him. I see no regrets by Alabama. I will acknowledge high school coaches seem to retire earlier than college coaches, but knowing Scott Reeds love for football I can see him coaching for awhile. Remember Red Parker.

Saw reed being interviewed on channel 7. Man dude looks like a spring chicken.

Just ignorant commentary regarding his age. That guy has a lot of years left in him.

game on

At 57 he has a good 8-10 years before he would think of retirement.

Rida4Life

How many coaches is he going to be able to hire on his new staff?

Rayburn

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 20, 2018, 08:06:00 am
How many coaches is he going to be able to hire on his new staff?
Two

game on

Anybody coming from ED with him?

POWERCAT PRIDE

Rida4Life

Quote from: game on on December 20, 2018, 04:24:54 pm
Anybody coming from ED with him?

I would think at least 2 or 3.  Coaches at that level generally don't take a job unless they can bring in some of their guys to help with the transition.  The question will be which ones does he bring.

cabotpantherman

Coach Reed will be at his new job when school starts back up next month.

boogercat

Quote from: cabotpantherman on December 24, 2018, 09:01:39 am
Coach Reed will be at his new job when school starts back up next month.

Cabot is going have a new off season program since Reed will be there waiting on them next week. I know there is rumors on who he may bring. If it's Coach Vaughn which been with him for 12 years. I see him has a hot pick to be the new coach for El Dorado.

boogercat

Any idea when the 2019 football schedules will be released? Has anyone heard if Cabot will play El Dorado again?

ricepig

Quote from: boogercat on December 27, 2018, 12:03:04 pm
Any idea when the 2019 football schedules will be released? Has anyone heard if Cabot will play El Dorado again?

Most OOC games are two year contracts, unless it's one of the early season Classics.

boogercat

Yeah, I know they been playing each other for almost 4 years I think unless I'm wrong? Didn't know if they were going try play again or opt a different route since Reed is at Cabot now.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: boogercat on December 27, 2018, 02:59:16 pm
Yeah, I know they been playing each other for almost 4 years I think unless I'm wrong? Didn't know if they were going try play again or opt a different route since Reed is at Cabot now.

This year 2018 was the 3rd year in a row, so I was suspecting another one in Cabot for next year. Home and home series.

boogercat

Has Cabot ever did any type of 7 on 7 during the summer? I know they aren't known to pass was wondering if they ever did do 7 on 7 last couple of years? If not Reed will have them busy in the summer with 7 on 7, which will help them out a lot.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Magnolia HC John Panter has resigned. Panter was Reed's DC at Eldo for the state title runs.  Sources say he's headed to Cabot to join Reed

Rayburn

Quote from: boogercat on December 29, 2018, 07:16:40 pm
Has Cabot ever did any type of 7 on 7 during the summer? I know they aren't known to pass was wondering if they ever did do 7 on 7 last couple of years? If not Reed will have them busy in the summer with 7 on 7, which will help them out a lot.
Cabot has hosted its own 7-on-7 league the last few years, about 10 dates per summer. Not ultra competitive. Usually just four or five other teams. They'd play games like any other league, but they used it more like a practice. No scoreboard or anything.
Teams were typically Hazen, England, Lonoke, McClellan, Beebe and sometimes Parkview

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: game on on December 19, 2018, 03:19:46 pm
At 57 he has a good 8-10 years before he would think of retirement.
yea probably at least 7,8 years before retirement

FoxandHound34

Hope Reed gets rid of those paw print uniforms those things are super ugly lol

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on January 28, 2019, 07:22:05 pm

Instead of uniforms, I would be more worried about if the Fullback can line up outside or in the slot and catch a pass because there will be no more lining up 2 yards behind the line and taking a handoff in Reed's system.  Shotgun, Pro Formation, Spread. That's what's coming

boogercat

The Wild Thing Vaughn will be in Cabot soon.

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: boogercat on January 29, 2019, 10:21:51 am
The Wild Thing Vaughn will be in Cabot soon.

Let it go man.....

Wolfpride

The rumor is that Cabot has a contract with Nike now.  So, not sure if the paw print on the shoulders will go away.......I do hope they keep the numbers on the helmets though.  Not a lot of original panther logos out there.

Pat Swilling

Cabot throwing it around yet?

Walter

Quote from: Pat Swilling on February 02, 2019, 08:33:59 am

You have to give them at least till March 10th before you ask that question.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: Pat Swilling on February 02, 2019, 08:33:59 am

I was told Reed had to show QB's where the laces were on the ball and why it was pointed on the ends.

boogercat

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on February 02, 2019, 10:10:26 am
I was told Reed had to show QB's where the laces were on the ball and why it was pointed on the ends.

Cabot is going beat El Dorado this fall. El Dorado won't have a chance.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Walter on February 02, 2019, 10:02:50 am

You have to give them at least till March 10th before you ask that question.
that is true

Wolfpride

Cabot has a dandy QB.  You might be surprised on his ability.  Now, can the WRs catch will be the question.........QB and his confidence will be the ONLY concern....not ability.  Gee has been working with Clint Stoerner and he raves about him on the Buzz........time will tell.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: Wolfpride on March 14, 2019, 02:17:14 pm
Cabot has a dandy QB.  You might be surprised on his ability.  Now, can the WRs catch will be the question.........QB and his confidence will be the ONLY concern....not ability.  Gee has been working with Clint Stoerner and he raves about him on the Buzz........time will tell.

And now 7-8 more dads are gonna pay Clint to train their 5'9 kid how to throw a football. Hello, capitalism.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas