• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FF Live Score Board Reporters Network

Started by Eddie Goodson, August 24, 2007, 08:12:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Goodson

August 24, 2007, 08:12:24 pm Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 08:31:41 pm by Eddie Goodson
Next week the games begin and we need as many of you as possible to report scores. I have a list of several who have already agreed to report scores. I'll post that list below. If you are not on the list, but are willing to help. Post in this thread letting us know what school you are reporting for. It doesn't matter if there's more than one person from the same school. If you have a question, ask away.

Here's now the live score reports are going to operate. All score reports will be text messaged or e-mailed to the address scores@fearlessfriday.com. Some will ask why we are doing it this way. This is the best way for us to collect the scores from week to week because different people will be responsible for posting the scores at different times during the year.

We aren't giving out phone numbers for two reasons. Reason number one is that people who report scores tend to want to describe how the score happened. We just don't have time to hear a play by play from everyone. It really is a busy time. The second reason is that we can't give reporters a bunch of scores. Again, we just don't have time to give everyone a score run down.

There has to be uniformity in the way the scores are texted. Remember there are 140+ teams playing each night. It is not always easy to know who you are talking about when you text a score. I'm going to list a couple wrong ways to report a score. You may report as often as you want, but we mainly want them at the end of each quarter.

1st wrong way:

Tigers 14
Falcons 12

Remember, there are a bunch of schools with the same mascot. While that may be the most important score in the world to you, we may not know who you are talking about. We also need to know what quarter they are in.

Wrong way #2:

DHS 14
MHS 0

1 qtr

There are a lot of DHS's and MHS's. Please help out there.

The right way:

Dumas 14
McGehee 0
end 1st

That leaves no doubt who you are talking about. You may give us a time if you are reporting during the middle of a quarter.

The list of reporters is on the FF Magazine Board.

Again, the address to text to is scores@fearlessfriday.com

If you want to be a reporter, reply to this message. Make sure you tell me what school you are reporting for.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas