• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 7... West at Harber

Started by Razorback Red, October 07, 2017, 09:30:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

An unusual performance from HB vs Bville with the 3 TO's, I'm sure they'll be plenty mad and ready for West.

West passed their first 2 big tests vs FHS and Sdale, but this will by far be the biggest game in the 2-year history of the program.  West can score a lot, but their D got exposed a bit against Sdale, which doesn't bode well this week.

At home and mad, I can't see Harber losing.  I'll go Wildcats by 14. 

PA Dad

You're probably right, but I like the West story.  So, i'll pick West to continue the Cinderella story with a 7 point win.

Lumberjackfan1978

Rob Van Winkle

As I said in the Harber-BV thread, BV had the right combination to give Harber problems. Control the ball with a run game and win the TO battle. This week will be just the opposite. I know West has been a scoring machine but they have not played a defense anywhere close to as good at Harber's. On the flip side West's defense has given up a ton of points to sub par offenses so far this year. I realize that is partly by design by their style of play, but at some point you can't just outscore everyone, you have to play good defense.

In the end I think Harber wins by 21 or more.

TigerHawg

This one is a coin flip to me. West can score fast and often so whoever can control the clock wins this one. The biggest issue I see at West so far is the amount of penalties they rack up moving so quickly.
If they can eliminate those and find a way to stop a ground n pound offense they can be lethal.

DaBeezzx7

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 10, 2017, 11:44:34 am
As I said in the Harber-BV thread, BV had the right combination to give Harber problems. Control the ball with a run game and win the TO battle. This week will be just the opposite. I know West has been a scoring machine but they have not played a defense anywhere close to as good at Harber's. On the flip side West's defense has given up a ton of points to sub par offenses so far this year. I realize that is partly by design by their style of play, but at some point you can't just outscore everyone, you have to play good defense.

In the end I think Harber wins by 21 or more.

Which teams did West give up a ton of points to sub par offenses, at my count in six games West varsity squad has only given up 112 out of the 147 they have given up.  The 28 vanburen scored 21 were against West jv squad.  I think this game will be much closer than you think with West winning.

Razorback Red

My biggest concern for West is establishing the run.  I don't think a one-dimensional offense can beat Harber.  I think for West to have a shot, they will have to find a way to run the ball.

On the other side of the ball, West will have to limit the run.  If they allow Harber to control the clock with long drives, it could be a long night. 

I will be pulling for West and would like to see them and BHS both 6-0 headed to week 10.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Since Harber lost a heart-breaker last week, AND they are playing at home this week.  If West doesn't come out hard and fast, this could get out of hand quickly. 

Harber will come out to prove something.

Harber - 49
West  -  20

HarBer Dad

Here is the formula:
1. HB +7pts for being at home
2. Winner of T/O ratio 5 pts X spread (i.e. win TO ratio by 2, give that team 10 pts)
3. HB QB gets hurt +14 pts BVW
4. BVW QB gets hurt +28 pts HB (hurts BVW more because HB has better running game)

Take the formula above then throw it out the window because it's high school football  ;D

RyanLR

TigerHawg

Halftime score: West 20  Har-Ber 7

sportsguy80

Quote from: Razorback Red on October 10, 2017, 10:04:08 pm
My biggest concern for West is establishing the run.  I don't think a one-dimensional offense can beat Harber.  I think for West to have a shot, they will have to find a way to run the ball.

On the other side of the ball, West will have to limit the run.  If they allow Harber to control the clock with long drives, it could be a long night. 

I will be pulling for West and would like to see them and BHS both 6-0 headed to week 10.
Looks like you're gonna get your wish...

RamblinWest

I guess we didn't see that coming...proud of the Wolverines

TigerHawg

Wow. West over Har-Ber 37 to 19. Defense was all over Allen. Great game by both teams!

Razorback Red

Wow, just got home from this one. 

I was still on the fence, but not any longer.  West is a legit threat to win it all.

We've said all year they would score, but now the D is playing great.  KYoung is a stud at DE, had 4 sacks tonight.  Coach Pratt had watched the BHS/HB film and got pressure on HB QB. 

Just a dominating performance on both sides of the ball. 

With that said, don't count Harber out yet.  They are still very good and should be the W3 come playoff time. 

RamblinWest

PA Dad

Quote from: PA Dad on October 07, 2017, 09:33:45 pm
You're probably right, but I like the West story.  So, i'll pick West to continue the Cinderella story with a 7 point win.

I'll take my bow now!

Razorback Red

PA Dad

businesstron

I was surprised.  I came in thinking that Harber would get revenge and I also thought had the defensive backfield to contain West's receivers. 

Boy was I wrong.   West pretty much dominated to the point that they probably could've scored one or two more touchdowns if the center was more on his game.  That was the worse thing I saw from West offense all night was the snaps. 

But does anyone know what is up with Smallwood?   Earlier this season he had like a game where he rushed for 150 yards then he vanished for like 4 or 5 games and he came back bursted out for hundred yard games last week and this week.  He might be the fastest player in the league this year. 

Harber's got some issues on that line.  Too many sacks and QB pressures given up.  Their running game is basically Allen gaining yards on broken down plays.  I didn't get why they didn't try a little bit harder to establish the run though. 

West defense is surprising though. I didn't imagine harber would get shutdown like they did.  I also didn't imagine West would put up 37 points and probably at least 200 yards rushing and passing on Harber's defense. 

The playoffs should be good, with that I wouldn't want to be playing against Harber next month.

High Voltage

I went to this game. NOT IMPRESSED by Harber. PA and GW could beat Harber. West is pretty dang good.

RyanLR

Sounds like those Swoboda kids from Robinson are fitting in nicely for the Wolverines.

Rob Van Winkle

Hats off to West. Dominating performance in all phases of the game. Great game plan and the players executed it with an almost flawless performance.

As for Harber I don't know what's happened. O-Line was a question mark going into the season and both BV teams have exploited that weakness. Penalties are still an issue as well. I thought they responded well to the adversity at BV last week but did not last night. Perhaps that was because they were playing an outstanding team. I liked what I saw in person from West. Played with confidence, didn't get rattled and played like they are the best team on the state. Only weakness I saw was they got beat deep a few times last night but Harber only connected a couple of times. Smallwood is legit and gives Jarrett and Jackson the balance they lacked last year.

Need to right the ship to get some much needed Mo headed into the playoffs. Also if I could get some prayers for my son. He tore his ACL during the 1st quarter last night and will have surgery soon. Much appreciated.

RamblinWest

I hate to hear that about Brock, he's a tough competitor!  He'll be back on the field next year.

PA Dad

:-[
Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 14, 2017, 11:57:44 am
Hats off to West. Dominating performance in all phases of the game. Great game plan and the players executed it with an almost flawless performance.

As for Harber I don't know what's happened. O-Line was a question mark going into the season and both BV teams have exploited that weakness. Penalties are still an issue as well. I thought they responded well to the adversity at BV last week but did not last night. Perhaps that was because they were playing an outstanding team. I liked what I saw in person from West. Played with confidence, didn't get rattled and played like they are the best team on the state. Only weakness I saw was they got beat deep a few times last night but Harber only connected a couple of times. Smallwood is legit and gives Jarrett and Jackson the balance they lacked last year.

Need to right the ship to get some much needed Mo headed into the playoffs. Also if I could get some prayers for my son. He tore his ACL during the 1st quarter last night and will have surgery soon. Much appreciated.

I'm very sorry to hear about your son.  Football can be a cruel game.  I wish him the best and a speedy recovery.

Brian G

Sorry to hear about your son's injury.

STBruin

Sorry to hear about Brock!! Here's to a full and speedy recovery!

Rob Van Winkle

Really appreciate the support for Brock. He will be back stronger and ready for his senior season.

West you guys have a great thing going up there. It's been fun to watch that group of freshman battle for a conference championship as 9th graders, get beat up and never quit last year to being on the brink of a conference championship and possible more. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Razorback Red

Just saw this, sorry about your Son's injury.  Prayers that He returns stronger than ever. 

Rob Van Winkle

October 15, 2017, 08:16:31 am #29 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:04:40 am by Rob Van Winkle
On another note the BV split shows you CAN split and have two very good teams. Based on the performance of both high schools now, as well as success of both 9th grade teams, there is nothing to show anything other then top level high school performance over the next few years.

RamblinWest

I hope Brock's surgery went well and he has a strong recovery.  Look forward to seeing him back on the field next year.   

Allowing the current Jr. class at West to play for Coach Pratt as freshmen a really paid off.  Thrown to wolves last year, they were able to gain a lot of experience and toughness, which has paid huge dividends this season.    The 9th grade game between West & Central a few years ago, adding motivation, that was a great game. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas