• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 7A Top Ten--Week 5

Started by Mike Bonds, September 25, 2017, 12:15:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.  Springdale Har-Ber
2.  Bryant
3.  North Little Rock
4.  Bentonville West
5.  Springdale
6.  Cabot
7.  Conway
8.  Bentonville
9.  Rogers
10.  Fayetteville

beach bum

Is 7A seriously that down this year since the Bentonville split has taken full effect and Fayetteville down? There are boatloads of 4A, 5A, and 6A teams that could beat those 4-10 teams especially.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: beach bum on September 25, 2017, 01:25:22 pm
Is 7A seriously that down this year since the Bentonville split has taken full effect and Fayetteville down? There are boatloads of 4A, 5A, and 6A teams that could beat those 4-10 teams especially.

The top 7 of these teams are pretty solid.  HarBer and Bryant seem to clearly be the top 2, with Bentonville West and Conway the teams on the rise, IMO.

TigerHawg

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 25, 2017, 01:41:05 pm
The top 7 of these teams are pretty solid.  HarBer and Bryant seem to clearly be the top 2, with Bentonville West and Conway the teams on the rise, IMO.

I predicted West would eventually be the goto team in the Ville. Just didnt expect it to be so soon.
That being said, the Tigers have had an issue getting in sync this year but if they do they will be fine. Big IF though.

businesstron

September 25, 2017, 04:29:09 pm #4 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:35:24 pm by businesstron
Quote from: beach bum on September 25, 2017, 01:25:22 pm

Not really on that last sentence.  The only two smaller class teams that could play with and beat them a few 6a teams (like Greenwood, El Dorado and Russleville) and Pulaski Academy.   That's it. 

The west is really really down though.  Harber's team is good this year but I've seen them have better teams in the last 5 year.  The rest of the conference is just so down that Harber should soundly beat everyone.  Fayetteville can't run the ball and can't stop the run.  Bentonville just doens't look that good period but since everyone else is down it looks like they'll compete.  West is explosive on offense but unproven.  Springdale is a wild card....I'm not sure how good they are.  Rogers is better but not that good. 

The west may have the best team in Harber but the Central is a little better as far as balance goes.  I think i'll take their top 4 against the west top 4 right now.

Razorback Red

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 25, 2017, 12:15:40 pm
1.  Springdale Har-Ber
2.  Bryant
3.  North Little Rock
4.  Bentonville West
5.  Springdale
6.  Cabot
7.  Conway
8.  Bentonville
9.  Rogers
10.  Fayetteville

I'm really glad you are doing this weekly, thanks for putting it out there.  I have no issue with your top 8 for now (we'll see about West this Fri as they get their first test of the year).  Springdale does have the win over Conway, so fine with them at 5, even tho I think they lose big this week.  My big issue would be Rogers in the top 10.  They won 3 games they should of won.  Just not a top 10 team.  And don't write FHS off just yet.  Yes, they are 1-3, but a lot of teams would be with the schedule they've played.  I would not be surprised if FHS is in the mix in the playoffs. 

Razorback Red

Quote from: businesstron on September 25, 2017, 04:29:09 pm

Not really on that last sentence.  The only two smaller class teams that could play with and beat them a few 6a teams (like Greenwood, El Dorado and Russleville) and Pulaski Academy.   That's it. 

The west is really really down though.  Harber's team is good this year but I've seen them have better teams in the last 5 year.  The rest of the conference is just so down that Harber should soundly beat everyone.  Fayetteville can't run the ball and can't stop the run.  Bentonville just doens't look that good period but since everyone else is down it looks like they'll compete.  West is explosive on offense but unproven.  Springdale is a wild card....I'm not sure how good they are.  Rogers is better but not that good. 

The west may have the best team in Harber but the Central is a little better as far as balance goes.  I think i'll take their top 4 against the west top 4 right now.

My jury is still out on the overall status of the West.  Yes, Bentonville and Fayetteville are both down compared to their standards, but both still very dangerous any Fri night.  I haven't seen Harber play in person yet, but from people I trust, I hear this is their best team.  Time will tell.  West and Springdale are the two teams that make the West interesting.  Both are good, just not sure how good yet.  We'll know more Sat morning. 

You and I saw them play many, many times, but I'm not sure the AVG HS fan in AR know just how good FHS and BHS were for about 10 years.  This young QB at FHS has talent, but unrealistic to expect him to be BA, AA or TP (those guys were special).  As for BHS, I hate admitting that Bait told me so, but I might have underestimated the split.  The depth at BHS was incredible before the split. 

TigerHawg

Quote from: Razorback Red on September 25, 2017, 06:07:33 pm
My jury is still out on the overall status of the West.  Yes, Bentonville and Fayetteville are both down compared to their standards, but both still very dangerous any Fri night.  I haven't seen Harber play in person yet, but from people I trust, I hear this is their best team.  Time will tell.  West and Springdale are the two teams that make the West interesting.  Both are good, just not sure how good yet.  We'll know more Sat morning. 

You and I saw them play many, many times, but I'm not sure the AVG HS fan in AR know just how good FHS and BHS were for about 10 years.  This young QB at FHS has talent, but unrealistic to expect him to be BA, AA or TP (those guys were special).  As for BHS, I hate admitting that Bait told me so, but I might have underestimated the split.  The depth at BHS was incredible before the split.

I'm not as convinced its the split as much as the coaching tbh. I see a lot of under used and under developed talent on the team. I also felt Lyons should have taken a few more snaps last year to get him prepared. That being said its easy to sit back an evaluate but I am sure much more difficult to execute. Just my 2 cents on the matter :)

RamblinWest

Quote from: Razorback Red on September 25, 2017, 05:55:45 pm
(we'll see about West this Fri as they get their first test of the year). 

I think winning at Muskogee was a very good test.  But if West wants to be part of the discussion, they have beat one of the big 3 in 7A west.  I think both teams put up a lot of points on Friday night.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: Razorback Red on September 25, 2017, 06:07:33 pm

Agree, especially on Fayetteville.  They just haven't been able to close the deal this season thus far, but still a good team.

High Voltage

Southside should be in the top ten.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas