• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where the action isn't

Started by Maynard G Krebs, September 22, 2017, 11:13:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard G Krebs

On the 7 A board.    Biggest classification in the state.  Seems to draw little interest.
Maybe conference play will energize it.  Hope so.

Razorback Red

Agreed, been a slow year.  Hard to believe we didn't even have a thread for FHS/BHS.  Yes, both might be down some, but still 2 great programs. 

We need some NLR/Conway and SS/Cabot chatter for next week.  Only 1 really interesting West game, FHS/West. 

High Voltage

No Fort Smith posters? They are all on the 6A board infatuated with Greenwood. Don't know about the rest of the 7A but Fort Smith programs are Waaaaaaayyyy down.

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on September 23, 2017, 07:33:54 am
No Fort Smith posters? They are all on the 6A board infatuated with Greenwood. Don't know about the rest of the 7A but Fort Smith programs are Waaaaaaayyyy down.
+1 Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy down

High Voltage

It's really telling of just how down it is when posters from Fort Smith will only get on here after a win.

FortSmithFootballFan

Not to take away from the quality of play from other local teams (i.e. greenwood) but Northside has had a pretty difficult schedule considering what a young team they are. 3 of the 4 games were against top 3 in the state 6A or 7A teams. I think Northside will show more about what they've got over the rest of the schedule. The toughest games are over. The rest should be more evenly matched for a team made up of mostly Juniors and Sophomores. Greenwood was as good or better than the predictions - It's not just a Connor Nolan Team...the whole team is bigger and faster than predictions and expectations. I would bet they are the next 6A champs. Pine Bluff didn't play as big as they looked...close game. Key turnovers cost NHS the game. Bryant was given 2 of their 3 first touchdowns from the inexperienced Northside team plus penalties. The NHS defense is better than expected after losing 8 seniors and the offense is still trying to figure it out against defensive lines that  blow the NHS offensive line off the ball because they are physically bigger and stronger. Future match-ups should prove to show what Northside really has for the remaining games this year but especially the years ahead. I predict NHS will beat SHS again this year.

High Voltage

Quote from: FortSmithFootballFan on September 26, 2017, 09:10:14 pm
Not to take away from the quality of play from other local teams (i.e. greenwood) but Northside has had a pretty difficult schedule considering what a young team they are. 3 of the 4 games were against top 3 in the state 6A or 7A teams. I think Northside will show more about what they've got over the rest of the schedule. The toughest games are over. The rest should be more evenly matched for a team made up of mostly Juniors and Sophomores. Greenwood was as good or better than the predictions - It's not just a Connor Nolan Team...the whole team is bigger and faster than predictions and expectations. I would bet they are the next 6A champs. Pine Bluff didn't play as big as they looked...close game. Key turnovers cost NHS the game. Bryant was given 2 of their 3 first touchdowns from the inexperienced Northside team plus penalties. The NHS defense is better than expected after losing 8 seniors and the offense is still trying to figure it out against defensive lines that  blow the NHS offensive line off the ball because they are physically bigger and stronger. Future match-ups should prove to show what Northside really has for the remaining games this year but especially the years ahead. I predict NHS will beat SHS again this year.
+1, and if for some reason you can't beat Southside this year, give up football. Southside already has.

Baitshop

Let me guess High Voltage, when you were young you tried to go big-time and asked a Dixie Belle out on a date and she turns you down Stone Cold?

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 22, 2017, 11:13:46 pm
On the 7 A board.    Biggest classification in the state.  Seems to draw little interest.
Maybe conference play will energize it.  Hope so.

Sometimes I wonder if the Hogs struggling creates a down atmosphere at the HS sports level?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on September 27, 2017, 02:04:26 pm
Sometimes I wonder if the Hogs struggling creates a down atmosphere at the HS sports level?

I could care less if the team is struggggling.  Broadway Joe

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 27, 2017, 02:44:41 pm
I could care less if the team is struggggling.  Broadway Joe

"first I prepare; then I have faith" my favorite Broadway Joe quote

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 27, 2017, 11:19:49 am
Let me guess High Voltage, when you were young you tried to go big-time and asked a Dixie Belle out on a date and she turns you down Stone Cold?
I don't blame you Baitshop, I would steer the conversation away from football as well if I were a Southside fan. And the Belles are no match for GW girls.

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on September 28, 2017, 07:37:39 am
I don't blame you Baitshop, I would steer the conversation away from football as well if I were a Southside fan. And the Belles are no match for GW girls.

Lol, Clueless on the nuances of two-point conversions AND delusional on Dance teams.....

Please tell me that you and I don't share diplomas from the same High School..??..??

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 28, 2017, 10:20:36 am
Lol, Clueless on the nuances of two-point conversions AND delusional on Dance teams.....

Please tell me that you and I don't share diplomas from the same High School..??..??
Really? Southside lost due that incompetent call. Who is clueless? The Belle's are not all that anymore? You and CJW's must be "Really" close! Hope he doesn't take a hard left turn!

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 28, 2017, 10:20:36 am

Oh and actually we do. You were two grades ahead of me. I got a schollie and went to the U of A. You? And don't lie cause I know!

High Voltage

Mr.Bait, I Apologize. I am going to stay off the Mav's, just giving you a hard time sir. Didn't mean to upset you. Good luck the rest of the way! :)

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on September 28, 2017, 12:04:08 pm
Oh and actually we do. You were two grades ahead of me. I got a schollie and went to the U of A. You? And don't lie cause I know!
High Voltage = SAVAGE

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Maynard G Krebs

Was that scholarship in drama? 😜

High Voltage

Baitshop

If your profile is correct, and you are 52 years old, you weren't close to being 2 years behind me at Greenwood.

Congrats on the schollie, I suffered through an uneventful year at Westark and started running restaurants....it ended up ok for me....where did your "schollied" diploma take you??

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 01, 2017, 01:04:40 pm
If your profile is correct, and you are 52 years old, you weren't close to being 2 years behind me at Greenwood.

Congrats on the schollie, I suffered through an uneventful year at Westark and started running restaurants....it ended up ok for me....where did your "schollied" diploma take you??
In a very comfortable place, retired. Maybe I had the years wrong, I have been wrong once before!

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on October 01, 2017, 03:42:52 pm
In a very comfortable place, retired. Maybe I had the years wrong, I have been wrong once before!
Quote from: High Voltage on October 01, 2017, 03:42:52 pm

Congrats on your success that is allowed you to already be retired, unfortunately my success is going to require another year or two for me to get everything paid off. But there will come a time in the not-too-distant future where I will be able to sell the Benson's, all of the real estate, and the holding company. I look forward to being in your shoes

BTW, 1976....

Jeep71

I'm just  glad you boys chose to compare the size your financial statements.  ::)

Sweet Feet

Outside of the past 12 years having no parity and having the West win every year with the same 2-3 teams, maybe it's because there's more teams to have more action in the boards from 5A on down. 6A also has more parity since the east is decent with Jonesboro and West Memphis.

Baitshop

October 01, 2017, 08:25:44 pm #24 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:31:28 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: Jeep71 on October 01, 2017, 06:50:25 pm
I'm just  glad you boys chose to compare the size your financial statements.  ::)

No worries....I am a man than knows my limitations. ;)

Oh, did I mention that I will be selling the DixiePrep Lear jet along with the 85ft. yacht that we use to recruit kids from Hackett soon also. I'm sure that "The Foundation" would be interested in the Gulfstream G550 and surely CRJ could find a slip at Lake Jack Nolen to dock the yacht....

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 01, 2017, 03:49:08 pm
Congrats on your success that is allowed you to already be retired, unfortunately my success is going to require another year or two for me to get everything paid off. But there will come a time in the not-too-distant future where I will be able to sell the Benson's, all of the real estate, and the holding company. I look forward to being in your shoes

BTW, 1976....
Well, from time to time I still do a little as I am still vested in a couple of ventures but nothing major. Mainly just play poker and relax with the wife, she does twice as much daily as I do weekly. I'm lazy and she is a busy body!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: High Voltage on September 23, 2017, 07:33:54 am

+1    True Dat!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Baitshop on September 27, 2017, 11:19:49 am

You date the steppers, you don't marry them!   lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas