• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A slate of games week 4 (conf games)

Started by Razorback Red, September 16, 2017, 06:23:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

For opening of conf play, week 4 will be relatively boring.  Just a couple of good matchups next Fri:

Fayetteville at Bentonville- I know, I know, BHS has dominated the regular-season series.  Not this year, FHS by 20.
Bryant at Northside- One team on the rise, one team trying to figure things out.  Bryant by 17.
NLR at Central- Not a lot to discuss here, it will be ugly
Rogers at Harber- Both 3-0, but that's about at interesting as it gets.  Mercy rule in this one. 
West at Van Buren- Won't stay close long, West by 28.
Springdale at Heritage- For real, the Red Dogs are about to be 4-0.  Coach Clark is doing a great job there. 
Southside at Conway- SS recovered a bit in week 3, but Conway is improving and has talent.  Conway by 14.
Cabot at Catholic- Who would have thought 4 weeks ago that this might be the game of the week?  I'm going Catholic close.

Walter

Bryant at Northside scares me. History says every time Bryant is feeling good about themselves Northside knocks us down. Coach James seems to have the ability to get the most out of his team, Bryant by 7.

sportsguy80

My football mind wants me to agree with you on the Bentonville/Fayetteville game but the other part of me says another thing. I know Bentonville has struggled but playing at home against a known foe may turn interesting. The bulldogs make a lot of mistakes and are young too. The only way I see this game getting out of hand is if Fayetteville plays flawless and if the tigers have already thrown in the towel.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: SardisHog on September 16, 2017, 08:21:45 am
Bryant at Northside scares me. History says every time Bryant is feeling good about themselves Northside knocks us down. Coach James seems to have the ability to get the most out of his team, Bryant by 7.

This is a different time and a much different Bryant team. They will have no problem against NS.

LineStepper

Quote from: SardisHog on September 16, 2017, 08:21:45 am

No Fear. Bryant by 14.

Rob Van Winkle

Bryant will invoke the mercy rule in this game. Maybe even before halftime

PA Dad

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on September 18, 2017, 03:23:35 pm
Bryant will invoke the mercy rule in this game. Maybe even before halftime

I think you're right and that's sad.  I'm old enough to remember when NS was an elite team.

bulldogger15

Northside upset? Last second win over Bryant?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: PA Dad on September 19, 2017, 09:30:47 pm
I think you're right and that's sad.  I'm old enough to remember when NS was an elite team.
Northside beat Bryant last year.  29-0.

Rob Van Winkle

September 22, 2017, 10:18:35 am #9 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:21:21 am by Rob Van Winkle
Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 22, 2017, 09:24:05 am
Northside beat Bryant last year.  29-0.

Last year's D was pretty good. I don't think this year is up the the same caliber. Plus Norwood made a huge difference. Nothing against the kids there now, and I know some are being highly touted, but none of them hold a candle to Norwood.

Razorback Red

I am now 0-4 this year picking Bentonville games.  Big win by the Tigers tonight over FHS.  Maybe that will get the season going. 

What were the odds that Sdale and West would both be 4-0, with Bville at 2-2 and FHS at 1-3?  Crazy year. 

sportsguy80

Quote from: Razorback Red on September 22, 2017, 09:57:58 pm
I am now 0-4 this year picking Bentonville games.  Big win by the Tigers tonight over FHS.  Maybe that will get the season going. 

What were the odds that Sdale and West would both be 4-0, with Bville at 2-2 and FHS at 1-3?  Crazy year.
I don't know what it is about this game but it's always a good one.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas