• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jenks, OK at Harber- this game deserves its own thread

Started by Razorback Red, September 10, 2017, 09:07:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Big. Boy. Football.

As I said in my predictions, do not let Jenks 0-3 record fool you.  They've lost to Union (National power), Owasso (Coach Blankenship doing great things there) and Bixby (offensive fire).  All 3 losses are to other top 5 teams in OK. 

Harber is big, strong and can score quick.  My concern is dealing with Jenks athleticism.  I think Harber needs to make this game ugly and punch them hard and often. 

I can't see this one being more than a TD either way.  I'll take Harber at home.  Yes, this BHS fan is even rooting for HB.  Gotta stay true to AR. 

HarBer Dad

This game was a war last year.  Most physical game I've seen in long time.  I expect the same this week.  My concern is HB O-line.  If they can keep win the line of scrimmage the HB QB has been very impressive.  So many weapons on O but you gotta win up front.

This is the one game HB D will miss Nasili.  His physical presence will be missed.  Most of the HB LB are juniors and that crew could be special by the end of the year.  The D line showed improvement against JC.  Ramirez has been a constant but a couple other D linemen stepped up and contributed.  Big test for the D.

HB Secret weapon...their kicker.  Made a 41 yd vs JC with room to spare.  Maybe the Hogs should come by and look at the kid.

Btw congrats to BVille on the big win vs Bixby.  Hopefully we can put another feather in the 7A West cap this Friday.

Cats by 2.

sportsguy80

Rob Van Winkle

Red you were spot on when you said don't let the 0-3 record fool people. Jenks is still Jenks and this will be a tough game. Their 3 losses have been to good football teams and they can right the ship by beating the #1 team in Arkansas.

Harber's O-Line will be the key. If they can play good, not great just good, then the Wildcats should be able to win. Plenty of playmakers on offense and a QB that is playing at a very high level plus a defense that played great last week against a JC team that was much better than the SS team they played in week 1.

Should be a good one to watch! Hopefully Cats prevail!!!

sportsguy80

Razorback Red

Rob Van Winkle

Defense was OUTSTANDING!!! I wonder when the last time Jenks was shut out?

Razorback Red

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on September 15, 2017, 09:49:52 pm
Defense was OUTSTANDING!!! I wonder when the last time Jenks was shut out?

Don't know that, but did see where Jenks hasn't been 0-4 since 1968.  Granted 3 of those losses are to teams that are prob in the top 50 best HS teams in the country. 

Baitshop

I am not surprised that HarBer won this one, especially at home, but I am shocked by the score.

Congrats to the Wildcats!

sportsguy80

Quote from: Baitshop on September 15, 2017, 10:31:23 pm
I am not surprised that HarBer won this one, especially at home, but I am shocked by the score.

Congrats to the Wildcats!
Me too

HarBer Dad

Not the same Jenks team as last year.  Spoke with friend whose son plays for Jenks.  Said they lost 5 DI players last year and only start 5 seniors.  Still...this team hung 40 points on Union last week and HB defense shut them out!  Jenks was not prepared for HB team speed.  Game could have gotten out of hand early but the Jenks D kept them in the game till the scoop and score last play of half.  Back breaker.

HB QB played very well again.  Doesn't make bad choices and protects the ball.  HB NG disruptive force all night.  He deserves some college looks.  BTW if the UofA needs a kicker?  HB kicker 3/3 tonight with a 41 yd into the wind no problem.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas