• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marion @ Cabot Tues 1/14

Started by Cabotred, January 13, 2014, 10:16:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabotred

Looking forward to the game. Cabot will be going after 1st conference win. It should be pretty good game.

As far as Marion's players go, who do I need to be watching.  Any D1 talent on team?  Name and numbers if you know it.

Cabot has no stand outs they play team basketball.

MarionBlueDevil

Marion's best player is junior guard, #11 LaQuan Davie. He's the floor general, he can shoot it, pass it, rebound it so on and so forth.

After him, #21 Dereon Thomas is a nice player. Point forward type of guy. Not as good a shooter, but likes to drive the lane and is a nice defender.

Marion has some uncommon size on their team this year. Three different guys that are 6'5 or taller. Jaben Garrett, #35, is the best one, he was named to the All-Tournament team in Wynne where Marion beat Blytheville, Springdale Har-Ber and Conway to win that tournament. Chris Carr is #42 and Cortez Whitaker is #51. Whitaker scored 11 points to save Marion's bacon at Mountain Home the other night.

As far as D-1 talent, I don't know. I really like Davie and he's a big guard, but the competition level is going to jump up these next few weeks. They're off to an exceptionally hot start this season at 10-1 overall.

Enjoy the game. Wish I could be there!

Cabotred

Cabotred

tlb2972

Cabotred

Quote from: tlb2972 on January 14, 2014, 07:53:32 pm
Girls varsity score?

Cabot won. Don't remember score. I think by about 10

Cabotred

Marion won the boys game by 14-16 pts. They played very well and will be a force to be reckoned with. Tall athletic and some muscular bodies. They play better team ball than NLR and are skilled and fundamental sound. I was impressed.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Cabotred on January 14, 2014, 09:24:59 pm
Marion won the boys game by 14-16 pts. They played very well and will be a force to be reckoned with. Tall athletic and some muscular bodies. They play better team ball than NLR and are skilled and fundamental sound. I was impressed.

Was told Cabot went on a run late to cut it to 7-8 points too.

Cabotred

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on January 14, 2014, 10:03:43 pm

Yes we cut lead down early 4th quarter. But did not capitalize on opportunities to get it past that. I have to hand it to Marion the did not give us many opportunities. They took care of ball and made most of there shots and rebounded well when they missed.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Cabotred on January 15, 2014, 12:31:07 pm
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on January 14, 2014, 10:03:43 pm

Yes we cut lead down early 4th quarter. But did not capitalize on opportunities to get it past that. I have to hand it to Marion the did not give us many opportunities. They took care of ball and made most of there shots and rebounded well when they missed.

I would like to believe that Marion has a shot at 6A this year. Maybe I'm too close to the situation, but this could be Clay's best team.

I heard nothing but good things about Cabot's arena though. Place sounds like a palace.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas