• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA Openings?

Started by thebigtiger, April 23, 2018, 10:27:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigtiger

Anyone heard of any new openings in the NEA area?  I have a good friend that is wanting to try and coach in that area.  Thanks

Informant

Armorel - assistant Boys & Girls
Trumann - Head Boys
Truman - assistant Boys
Highland - assistant Boys
Wynne - Head Girls
Piggott - Head Boys
Marion - Head Boys

This is off the AAA website.  Some of these may have been filled.  I'm assuming since you're asking for a "friend" on this thread, said "friend" may not be qualified for some of these.  Maybe give Armorel or Trumann assistant position a shot.  Highland assistant is iffy.  Their head coach likes to bounce around.  Good luck to your "friend."

dalemurphy

It says on another thread that some guy named Filled is the new coach at Piggott.

thebigtiger

Quote from: Informant on April 23, 2018, 11:27:23 am
Armorel - assistant Boys & Girls
Trumann - Head Boys
Truman - assistant Boys
Highland - assistant Boys
Wynne - Head Girls
Piggott - Head Boys
Marion - Head Boys

This is off the AAA website.  Some of these may have been filled.  I'm assuming since you're asking for a "friend" on this thread, said "friend" may not be qualified for some of these.  Maybe give Armorel or Trumann assistant position a shot.  Highland assistant is iffy.  Their head coach likes to bounce around.  Good luck to your "friend."
He is very well qualified thanks for the info.  Wondering if any others will open up?

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigtiger on April 23, 2018, 12:09:19 pm
He is very well qualified thanks for the info.  Wondering if any others will open up?
And while I'm thinking about it why are you looking for another job? Seems you'd want to stay put yourself and build a program instead of maybe chasing talent!!

cotton hog

Manila Sr girls is officially open

dalemurphy

Where did Manila girls coach go?

cotton hog

Informant

She was reassigned.  Have they hired a superintendent yet?  I've heard Wimberley will be looking for an assistant.  Also, Brookland could be looking for 2 assistants in boys and even a coach on the girls side.  If you wanna go coach defense for 9 months.

TheGovernor

Is Wimberly going to be at Manila? Thought he was looking to leave

Informant

I seriously doubt it.  He just married a girl from there.  As some pretty decent talent coming up.  Has the board support.  I don't wanna say NO he isn't leaving because you never know.  However, I'm not thinking so.  Perhaps he moves closer to the Little Rock area but outside of that I doubt it.

TheGovernor

Ok, thought it would be kind of odd but you know how rumors are and considering he has talent in younger grades also. Does a good job, hard to see him anywhere else other than Manila

Informant

Once Gross finally quits, I'm thinking he is a lock for that job.  Believe he interviewed with Brookland before they hired Gross.  He would definitely leave Manila for Brookland.  As he should I think. I agree he does a good job.  Would like to see him get past the first round of state tho.

TheGovernor

Yeah, they struggle in the state tourney seems like

boss85

Highland is open. Coach Edgar told the team last week.

Informant

Going to be 3 jobs in 3 years for him.

gamechanger11

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Informant on April 30, 2018, 04:23:16 pm
Going to be 3 jobs in 3 years for him.
Wouldn't this make it 4 in 4 years?

dalemurphy

Sounds like Edgar must be in high demand and coveted by other schools.

Informant

Quote from: dalemurphy on May 01, 2018, 08:25:31 am
Sounds like Edgar must be in high demand and coveted by other schools.

Has anyone heard of him accepting a job at another school? No.... so he quit a job at a 4A school for what exactly? He'll end up somewhere around NEA coaching 7th grade and/or Junior High.  He's really in high demand and coveted alright.

Brucewayne

I'm not very familiar with coach Edgar.  Can anyone elaborate on where he's been.

OB11

Quote from: Brucewayne on May 01, 2018, 11:43:42 am
I'm not very familiar with coach Edgar.  Can anyone elaborate on where he's been.

As a HC I think it has just been Timbo and then Highland.

Central Ark

Quote from: Informant on May 01, 2018, 09:18:49 am
Has anyone heard of him accepting a job at another school? No.... so he quit a job at a 4A school for what exactly? He'll end up somewhere around NEA coaching 7th grade and/or Junior High.  He's really in high demand and coveted alright.

Maybe the school didn't want him back

Peaches101

Quote from: boss85 on April 30, 2018, 09:30:53 pm
don't know

I heard he was hired as the 7th grade coach and assistant coach for the Jr. High at Brookland (thats where he is from) But since their Jr. High coach just left he may be the new Jr High coach at Brookland.

Informant

Quote from: Peaches101 on May 02, 2018, 08:35:02 am
I heard he was hired as the 7th grade coach and assistant coach for the Jr. High at Brookland (thats where he is from) But since their Jr. High coach just left he may be the new Jr High coach at Brookland.

Bill Taylor will have first pick at what he wants at Brookland so what you heard is false.  I doubt Gross would want Edgar to coach Jr. High seeing how is son is will be a freshman next season.  There are other coaches from Brookland that are more qualified than Edgar anyhow.  Mikie Slater (Rivercrest Girls) being the main one.  Ryan Childers (Bay assistant) being the other.  Both have deeper ties to Brookland than Edgar does.  I'd be shocked if Slater didn't end up back there is some capacity.  The board and Gross should look their way before settling with Edgar.   

If, and I mean BIG IF, Edgar is hired as 7th grade coach.  Doesn't explain why you leave a 4A Head Coaching job to coach 7th grade at your alma mater.  Something fishy must have happened for this move.  Doesn't make sense.

OB11

Quote from: Informant on May 02, 2018, 10:05:36 am
Bill Taylor will have first pick at what he wants at Brookland so what you heard is false.  I doubt Gross would want Edgar to coach Jr. High seeing how is son is will be a freshman next season.  There are other coaches from Brookland that are more qualified than Edgar anyhow.  Mikie Slater (Rivercrest Girls) being the main one.  Ryan Childers (Bay assistant) being the other.  Both have deeper ties to Brookland than Edgar does.  I'd be shocked if Slater didn't end up back there is some capacity.  The board and Gross should look their way before settling with Edgar.   

If, and I mean BIG IF, Edgar is hired as 7th grade coach.  Doesn't explain why you leave a 4A Head Coaching job to coach 7th grade at your alma mater.  Something fishy must have happened for this move.  Doesn't make sense.

I'v heard Slater is going to Bay for the girls job.

Informant

I have heard that also.  However, with them not having a Sr. Girls team at the moment, I could still see him at Brookland.  Jr. Girls at Bay or Jr. Boys at Brookland? Which one you picking?

thebigtiger

Highland had it right this year.  I know of all the coaches that applied and Highland had it right.  But they let Coach Edgar leave.  Probably should've done a bunch to keep him.  Highland can be a tough place just look at their track record with coaches.  Coach Edgar has improved every team he has coached.  Highland being one of them.  Lots of parents and some admin may have possibly been over whelmed with his drive.  Sure he is passionate but aren't most coaches that truly love their jobs.  I know Coach Edgar always wanted to get back into NEA because honestly it's a little bit better basketball in that area and typically those schools want to win.  NEA just got better and Highland got a little worse.  Mark my words he will be a HC in a big school in NEA within 5 years. 

BigOleSax

brock

Don't mistake passion with actually just being an a$&!?&$.

mustang12

Quote from: thebigtiger on May 02, 2018, 09:20:08 pm
Highland had it right this year.  I know of all the coaches that applied and Highland had it right.  But they let Coach Edgar leave.  Probably should've done a bunch to keep him.  Highland can be a tough place just look at their track record with coaches.  Coach Edgar has improved every team he has coached.  Highland being one of them.  Lots of parents and some admin may have possibly been over whelmed with his drive.  Sure he is passionate but aren't most coaches that truly love their jobs.  I know Coach Edgar always wanted to get back into NEA because honestly it's a little bit better basketball in that area and typically those schools want to win.  NEA just got better and Highland got a little worse.  Mark my words he will be a HC in a big school in NEA within 5 years. 

Thanks for clearing all that up coach e

thebigtiger

That's what I do now: I lead and I teach. If we win basketball games from doing that, then that's great, but I lead and teach. Those are the two things I concentrate on. Mike Krzyzewski
A great quote that I personally only know of a few coaches that live by this. 

BigOleSax

great quote coach. Good luck on your next adventure

Informant

Well it is clear to me now that you are in fact Coach Edgar which means this entire rant is a little strange.  We all know a lot of passionate and demanding coaches that don't act the way you do on the sideline.  Highland is trying to hire Middlebrooks from Viola, which would mean Highland is going to get better with your departure.  I've also heard Jordan Wise is interested.  You and him are about the same.

Another point that you have not figured out is that all great coaches have great players.  Its not about you.  Its about the players.  Highland and Timbo would have had the same poor to mediocre season with or without you. 

You had a head coaching job at a big school with talent in the junior high.  You should have stayed and developed that and possibly been successful in the 3A in a few years.  We all know you would have stayed if Brogdon would have come to Highland so save us the "I love NEA hoops" non sense.

I'm assuming you are after Brookland and their vacancy.  As ive stated before there are more qualified people for that position.  Just as there will be when Gross and Taylor eventually move on.  Brookland has already shown they want highly qualified folks when they hired Bill Taylor last summer.  If he stays i dont see a need for them hire anyone at all. 

Clearly you love coaching and i can admire you willingness to succeed but changing jobs every year and getting on fearless tryin to pat yourself on the back won't help you succeed.  Good luck in whatever move you're trying to pull but try to be humble dude.  Teach yourself to that its not about you and you can lead a successful career.

ArkansasSportsFan

Why are you referring to yourself in 3rd person?

thebigtiger

May 03, 2018, 09:12:20 pm #36 Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 07:22:20 am by thebigtiger
Just my opinion here.  But I believe that being a 7th grade coach or a jr high assistant coach in NEA is better than being HC at Highland.  All the best coaches in the state are currently in NEA.  Swift, Campbell, Taylor and Brannen.  Too many to list just being honest.  Bigtimebasketball in NEA

no mascot

BigOleSax

something about this thread reminds me of Donald Trumps Twitter. #fakenews #winning

Brucewayne

I'm sorry BigTiger, but NEA is not where the best basketball is in Arkansas.  Central Arkansas has proven to be the place for great coaches and great players.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Brucewayne on May 04, 2018, 09:10:11 am
I'm sorry BigTiger, but NEA is not where the best basketball is in Arkansas.  Central Arkansas has proven to be the place for great coaches and great players.

NEA is just as good. Plenty of state championships won around here the past few years

OB11

Quote from: Brucewayne on May 04, 2018, 09:10:11 am
Quote from: Redwolves8526 on May 04, 2018, 09:40:27 am
NEA is just as good. Plenty of state championships won around here the past few years

I think top to bottom classification wise NEA has produced consistently better basketball than any other part of the state.

Brucewayne

NLR boys and girls -  Top 20 nationally and several state championships in the last 5 years in the most talented league in the state.
LR Parkview- Numerous championships in 6A and now 5A.....Strange how it took them moving down for Jonesboro to start their reign.
LR Mills-Very talented the past few years
Conway's girls- numerous state finals appearances
CAC girls-Numerous state finals appearances
Riverview Girls- Numerous state finals appearances and 2 rings
Cabot has a boys and girls state championship in the recent past
Maumelle boys State finals appearance
Baptist Prep and before that the Ar. Baptist- 3 straight
Guy Perkins 1A

But hey ya'll are really good in 3A and 2A

Informant

Quote from: thebigtiger on May 03, 2018, 09:12:20 pm
Just my opinion here.  But I believe that being a 7th grade coach or a jr high assistant coach in NEA is better than being HC at Highland.  All the best coaches in the state are currently in NEA.  Swift, Campbell, Taylor and Brannen.  Too many to list just being honest.  Bigtimebasketball in NEA

Campbell as in Buster Campbell?  Just because he has been at the same school for 100 years doesn't make him the "best coaches."  Great guy sure but hes ran the same offenses and defense since 1970.  Another case in point where great coaches have great players.  Easy on the great part with him though.  I'm shocked you even mentioned him without putting Gross in there.  However, he's a one trick pony that was lucky once also. 

Just to name a few that aren't in NEA that are great... Brian Ross just 3 peated, John Hutchcraft (more rings than anyone), Flannigan at Parkview, Johnny Taylor at Star City, Cornett at Concorde, the Cabot coach i'm drawing a blank on, Scott Bowlin at Har-Ber.

So to basically counter your odd opinion, no coaching 7th grade at Brookland isn't better, by any stretch of the imagination, than being the Head Coach at Highland.  Odd move on your part to leave.  You had talent coming up and dropping to 3A.  Possibly could have pulled kids from surrounding areas (ICC, Viola, Mammoth, Thayer).  Plus you had a state of the art facility to play in. 

I really hope you had other reasons for doing this. Granted the last several years NEA has produced several champions but its not superior to any other area in basketball.  Tides will shift and percentages come around. 

And for the love of basketball man, stay off fearless friday.  You are not going to win any fans here. Period.  Go study defensive stance and help side defense so you and Gross will have something in common.

Brucewayne

I will cede to Informant's wisdom....the talent does often swing in the state.  There are plenty of talented teams, coaches and incredible facilities throughout our state. 

PapaHog

But to his point, the best basketball is being played in central Arkansas right now. Outside of maybe Jonesboro.

Nomad1324

Quote from: Informant on May 03, 2018, 10:15:34 am
Well it is clear to me now that you are in fact Coach Edgar which means this entire rant is a little strange.  We all know a lot of passionate and demanding coaches that don't act the way you do on the sideline.  Highland is trying to hire Middlebrooks from Viola, which would mean Highland is going to get better with your departure.  I've also heard Jordan Wise is interested.  You and him are about the same.

Another point that you have not figured out is that all great coaches have great players.  Its not about you.  Its about the players.  Highland and Timbo would have had the same poor to mediocre season with or without you. 

You had a head coaching job at a big school with talent in the junior high.  You should have stayed and developed that and possibly been successful in the 3A in a few years.  We all know you would have stayed if Brogdon would have come to Highland so save us the "I love NEA hoops" non sense.

I'm assuming you are after Brookland and their vacancy.  As ive stated before there are more qualified people for that position.  Just as there will be when Gross and Taylor eventually move on.  Brookland has already shown they want highly qualified folks when they hired Bill Taylor last summer.  If he stays i dont see a need for them hire anyone at all. 

Clearly you love coaching and i can admire you willingness to succeed but changing jobs every year and getting on fearless tryin to pat yourself on the back won't help you succeed.  Good luck in whatever move you're trying to pull but try to be humble dude.  Teach yourself to that its not about you and you can lead a successful career.

Y'all just keep going while I go grab my popcorn...

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BigOleSax on May 04, 2018, 07:02:11 am
something about this thread reminds me of Donald Trumps Twitter. #fakenews #winning

Take Trump over Killery any day of the week!!

birddawg1986

Trumann Boys:

Steve Richey-Former Marmaduke boys coach
Barbara Wilburn-Current Marked Tree boys coach
Billy Phelan- Former Cross Co boys coach

OB11

Brookland Jr. High Boys HC job has been posted on the AAA website.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas