• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel Basketball

Started by Reddie20, February 12, 2019, 10:08:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddie20

Is WC looking to make a coaching change at the end of the year? They usually have some talented boys but they don't seem to play together at all.  If they get beat tonight by White Hall which would mean White Hall sweeps them this year, the seat has to be pretty warm.  What do you think?

zebradynasty

The program definitely has fallen and the coach doesn't appear to know what he's doing. However, the talent level is way down this year so...they may give him a pass.

Reddie20

Where did he come from and was he a head coach previous? Is it a lack of talent or just undisciplined?  I know their football team had a lot of talent on the field this year but they just played undisciplined and beat themselves in most games. Every program has undisciplined players and with all the entitlement these days, it does not help the matter.

Shootthe3

I can tell you that it is different when you coach talented players. I don't think he knows what the heck he is doing either.

Bought

Talent is an all time low imo. "Red" their starting point guard quit due to their coaching situation. They really do have a weak starting 5 with a very weak bench. I feel their season can't be fully pinned on their coach, because he doesn't have much to work with this year. I say give him a year or 2 to wait for more talent to come through (which it definitely will) and see if their team improves or not.

zebrafan

Quote from: Reddie20 on February 12, 2019, 10:51:19 am
Where did he come from and was he a head coach previous? Is it a lack of talent or just undisciplined?  I know their football team had a lot of talent on the field this year but they just played undisciplined and beat themselves in most games. Every program has undisciplined players and with all the entitlement these days, it does not help the matter.
He's a young guy, early 30s I believe...he played ball at PBHS in his high school days...I think he was an assistant at NLR and Marion before coming to WC.

zebrafan

Quote from: Bought on February 12, 2019, 01:10:53 pm
Talent is an all time low imo. "Red" their starting point guard quit due to their coaching situation. They really do have a weak starting 5 with a very weak bench. I feel their season can't be fully pinned on their coach, because he doesn't have much to work with this year. I say give him a year or 2 to wait for more talent to come through (which it definitely will) and see if their team improves or not.
Tell Red to come on over to the High! Tillmon is welcome to come back as well!

zebradynasty

The thing is I was told this coach was better than the coach they had last year!

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on February 12, 2019, 04:42:17 pm
The thing is I was told this coach was better than the coach they had last year!
Heard the same as well. Talent is down over there.

Bought

Quote from: zebrafan on February 12, 2019, 03:04:21 pm
Tell Red to come on over to the High! Tillmon is welcome to come back as well!
What do you know about Kaleb Higgins? He's one of the best i've seen in High school basketball in recent years. Tremendous range, soft touch, and great vision. I wish he was just a few inches taller and i know the offers would roll in daily. Do you know of any offers that he has right now? We need UAPB to look at him, could make a big impact on that team.

zebrafan

Quote from: Bought on February 14, 2019, 07:24:28 pm
What do you know about Kaleb Higgins? He's one of the best i've seen in High school basketball in recent years. Tremendous range, soft touch, and great vision. I wish he was just a few inches taller and i know the offers would roll in daily. Do you know of any offers that he has right now? We need UAPB to look at him, could make a big impact on that team.
He's a baller! I wish he was taller to...but someone will take a chance on him (would like that to be UAPB)...I haven't heard of any offers he has received.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas