• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjacks vs Arkadelphia badgers. 2017 state championship. Let’s get it started!!!!

Started by POTUS, December 01, 2017, 09:57:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think wins and who do you want to win?

Think Warren/ Want Warren
38 (38.4%)
Warren/Ark
21 (21.2%)
Ark/Warren
3 (3%)
Ark/Ark
37 (37.4%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: December 08, 2017, 05:42:42 pm

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 09, 2017, 05:14:45 pm
But it would have been acceptable to punish Arkadelphia because of the crazy fan?
The end result was Warren getting a free time-out, and more time on the clock. In fact, if not for the int, they had time for two plays instead of just one.

Go back up to my earlier post about keeping everyone on the field and put 6 seconds on the clock. Then nobody gets punished.

Wahls

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 09, 2017, 06:42:42 pm
Go back up to my earlier post about keeping everyone on the field and put 6 seconds on the clock. Then nobody gets punished.

Bo would then be mad because they would be making up a rule that didn't allow him to kick a FG.

Billie Blue

Congratulations to the badgers that guy from warren that ran out on the field hopefully he want be like Steve Bartman was with the Chicago Cubs a few years ago

snoopy22

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 09, 2017, 05:00:07 pm
Can't beat their little brother says Alphabet. Scrappers are as irrelevant as wet paper bags. Hush now. Fans with good Sr high, not Jr high, teams are talking.
[/quot
Now that is funny stuff!!!!!!

Nacho

Yes and they threw it, not to Burk's but an Arkadelphia defender. Don't get that one. Burk's was amazing to watch.

Jsmith48

Funny side note. I heard that the officer that tackled the kid that ran on the field at the end of the game graduated from Arkadelphia!

hogfan10

Quote from: PioneerSoftball on December 09, 2017, 06:56:06 pm
So did Warren get to run a play after the fan penalty?
Yes they did, would of had time for two if not for the interception.

Touchdown99

I've seen where officials as well as coaches from all over the state have spoken out against penalizing warren for the actions of a fan. Both teams played a great game but the ending was like nothing I have ever seen. It was tough to watch the jacks walking with their heads down after working hard to get there only to have one of their own do something so stupid.  A team should never be penalized for what their fans do. It just didn't seem fair to the team. Still proud of em tho.

Congrats to Arkadelphia!! You guys played a great game I must say. Your school has a lot to be proud of!  Well...The drive was worth it today because I got to see 2 of the best battle down to the wire!

bleudog

Code3Cat

A few observations

1.  They should do away with the MVP award if they arent going to give it to the right person.  Burks was the best player on the field hands down.  The award doesnt say anything about going to the best player on the winning team.

2.  No way I think Bo sends the person onto the field to stop the clock, especially a student knowing there would be some serious issues afterwards. 

3.  I would have taken my chance on the last play from the 9 yard line with the ball in Burks hands.

3 1/2. Thought the penalty on Warren was horrible.

4.  Why was Warren awarded 12 secs after the penalty when it was clear there was around 3 on the clock when the fan ran on the field.?

5. I hear TV announcer say all the time "its to early to chase points", but Warren had 2 opportunities to go for 2 that would have potentially tied the game.

6. Arkadelphia played well enough to win the game, but Warren deserved 3 secs from the 9 yard to try to win. 

7. Would like to know how the officials are picked for the finals?

8. Both teams were well coached and had great seasons.

AirWarren

Interesting enough. This is the second time a fan broke security and ran on the field. Y'all remember the streaker at the beginning of the year at WMS?

Romeo

One thing about Warren, you go to one of our state championship games, you'll be entertained.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on December 09, 2017, 08:02:23 pm
Interesting enough. This is the second time a fan broke security and ran on the field. Y'all remember the streaker at the beginning of the year at WMS

I witnessed both occurrences.  Differences are one was better dressed than the other and other was non partisan

Oldbadger

It's easy to second guess, but it seems that on the play the intruder interrupted, Burkes was going to pass to someone perhaps in the end zone or on the sideline.  It would either be a score or an incomplete pass.  Either way was okay.  Of course a score would end the game, an incompletion would stop the clock for a field goal.  Burkes got the snap with 3 seconds left, so he may have completed a pass in the end zone, but if the pass was incomplete it is doubtful there would be any time left for a field goal.  Of course he may have been sacked, the pass may have been intercepted, or incomplete.  Who knows, but there would be no way to justify any action at all.  So, it is best just to accept it.  The Badgers didn't have any fault in any of this, from the intruder to the officials.  This would have not been so big a deal if the score had a bigger difference, like 42 to 27.

hogfan10

Quote from: Code3Cat on December 09, 2017, 07:55:41 pm
A few observations

1.  They should do away with the MVP award if they arent going to give it to the right person.  Burks was the best player on the field hands down.  The award doesnt say anything about going to the best player on the winning team.

2.  No way I think Bo sends the person onto the field to stop the clock, especially a student knowing there would be some serious issues afterwards. 

3.  I would have taken my chance on the last play from the 9 yard line with the ball in Burks hands.

3 1/2. Thought the penalty on Warren was horrible.

4.  Why was Warren awarded 12 secs after the penalty when it was clear there was around 3 on the clock when the fan ran on the field.?

5. I hear TV announcer say all the time "its to early to chase points", but Warren had 2 opportunities to go for 2 that would have potentially tied the game.

6. Arkadelphia played well enough to win the game, but Warren deserved 3 secs from the 9 yard to try to win. 

7. Would like to know how the officials are picked for the finals?

8. Both teams were well coached and had great seasons.
#6- warren was down to last play, no way they should get a free t/o and ball at the 9 after the stoppage. That would have rewarded warren after bad clock management, and penalized Arkadelphia for something they had no control over.

Code3Cat

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 09, 2017, 08:14:33 pm
#6- warren was down to last play, no way they should get a free t/o and ball at the 9 after the stoppage. That would have rewarded warren after bad clock management, and penalized Arkadelphia for something they had no control over.

im not talking about after the stoppage, im talking live ball when they were lining up before the kid run on the field. 

ExemplaryChimp

Somebody help me out, too lazy to read all this... what was the yard & downage before fan ran out on field?

BP74

Oldbadger

As for the MVP.  The most valuable player doesn't go, IMO, to the best player on the field.  It goes to the player who contributed more valuably (not a word) to the winning team.  How could he be valuable if his team didn't win?  There is no question that, had Warren won, the MVP would have been Burkes.  But Cannon threw for over 280 yards and ran 20 times for 60? I think.  His team won, he was the most valuable. IMO.

ExemplaryChimp

Quote from: BP74 on December 09, 2017, 08:19:51 pm
Ball at the 9. Would've only had time for one more play and no time for FG.
So I'm assuming 4th & 9, no chance to spike it to stop the clock?

Code3Cat

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 09, 2017, 08:20:28 pm
As for the MVP.  The most valuable player doesn't go, IMO, to the best player on the field.  It goes to the player who contributed more valuably (not a word) to the winning team.  How could he be valuable if his team didn't win?  There is no question that, had Warren won, the MVP would have been Burkes.  But Cannon threw for over 280 yards and ran 20 times for 60? I think.  His team won, he was the most valuable. IMO.

we just see it different.  I would be ok with No MVP award in team games.  For each play Cannon or Treylon made tonight they had help from others. 

BP74

Quote from: ExemplaryChimp on December 09, 2017, 08:22:58 pm

Well, maybe. But they were going out of shothun, have to be under center to clock it. I think.
It was not 4th down, however.

Code3Cat

Quote from: Code3Cat on December 09, 2017, 08:23:15 pm
we just see it different.  I would be ok with No MVP award in team games.  For each play Cannon or Treylon made tonight they had help from others. 

Or just change the award to the MVP of the winning team

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: ExemplaryChimp on December 09, 2017, 08:22:58 pm

When the fan ran on the field there was only 3 seconds on the clock. I think less the fan it was the last play. 

Oldbadger

Quote from: Code3Cat on December 09, 2017, 08:27:31 pm
Or just change the award to the MVP of the winning team
The only time I have seen an MVP award to someone who was not a member of the winning team was in 2014 at the Salt Bowl.  Benton and Bryant tied,  Drew Harris the MVP from Benton.

dukes424

Quote from: AirWarren on December 09, 2017, 08:02:23 pm
Interesting enough. This is the second time a fan broke security and ran on the field. Y'all remember the streaker at the beginning of the year at WMS?
Was that you running out there AW?

Code3Cat

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 09, 2017, 08:38:34 pm
The only time I have seen an MVP award to someone who was not a member of the winning team was in 2014 at the Salt Bowl.  Benton and Bryant tied,  Drew Harris the MVP from Benton.

the Arkadelphia QB played a great game and im not meaning to take anything away from him, but I personally dont agree with the way the award is given, but everyone is different. Congrats to the Badgers.

jsky14

The video shows that the last play before the fan was 3rd and 4. That would mean Warren had 4th down  on the last snap. If true, so much for spiking it.

JoeWho

This game remind me so much of the 2006 Championship game that Warren lost by one point.  That one ending in controversy too.   This game was just something to see.   My MVP goes to Arkadelphia #25 Dillion Scott.  Literally, his last two plays on the Warren's drive seal the deal for Arkadelphia.  Warren's play before the fan "incident" was really confusing to me anyway.   Was #13 going to spike the football?  If so, he was in the shotgun.   I really believe that Bo just lose this one.  Bad call. Their was only 3 seconds left too.

hogfan10

Quote from: Code3Cat on December 09, 2017, 08:16:28 pm
im not talking about after the stoppage, im talking live ball when they were lining up before the kid run on the field.
Ok, if your saying that both teams deserved for the game to play out in a normal fashion, then I totally agree. To some Arkadelphia's win is diminished, which is unfair to the team. On the other hand, Warren leaves with the feeling of "what if", also unfair.

Code3Cat

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 09, 2017, 08:48:55 pm
Ok, if your saying that both teams deserved for the game to play out in a normal fashion, then I totally agree. To some Arkadelphia's win is diminished, which is unfair to the team. On the other hand, Warren leaves with the feeling of "what if", also unfair.

Thats what im saying....everyone will always wonder how that last 3 secs plays out if the kid doesnt run on the field. 

JoeWho

Warren #13 (Burkes)  really should have been the MVP.  The Guy was just that good. 

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 09, 2017, 08:20:28 pm
I personally have no problem Turner winning MVP. He had a really good game and led his team to a victory.

JoeWho

Quote from: jsky14 on December 09, 2017, 08:41:47 pm
The video shows that the last play before the fan was 3rd and 4. That would mean Warren had 4th down  on the last snap. If true, so much for spiking it.

During all the confusion,  I really lost where we were on the downs.  So they really had one play left, the spike would lose the game. Interesting.

hogfan10

Quote from: JoeWho on December 09, 2017, 08:52:59 pm
Warren #13 really should have been the MVP.  The Guy was just that good.
He was deserving, but so was #21 for the Badgers. He did have 340 yards of offense and 2 (maybe 3) TDs for the winning team.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: JoeWho on December 09, 2017, 08:55:33 pm
During all the confusion,  I really lost where we were on the downs.  So they really had one play left, the spike would lose the game. Interesting.

Yes but I believe he just got a first down. I'll double check..,

hogfan10

JoeWho

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 09, 2017, 08:58:35 pm
Yes but I believe he just got a first down. I'll double check..,

Yea, but you can not spike the ball in the shotgun.  That is intentional grounding. 

BigLion10

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: JoeWho on December 09, 2017, 09:01:57 pm
Yea, but you can not spike the ball in the shotgun.  That is intentional grounding.

Yes and only 3 seconds. My thoughts are Burks was going to take it to the house. Only option they really had.

AirWarren

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 09, 2017, 09:04:05 pm
Yes and only 3 seconds. My thoughts are Burks was going to take it to the house. Only option they really had.
Had more time on the clock when the kid out onto the field. Thought 12 secs was a couple seconds too much but that was a make up call for the made up penalty.
I don't think Burks was going to spike it, think they had a Tebow type play they were going to run.

mharris31696

It really sucks that the kid ran out on the field. It was pretty obvious Warren was running a play since the ball was snapped before the whistle blew. Nobody knows what would have happened. If Burks throws the ball away the play before they kick a field goal and win the game. It was a great tackle by Scott to keep him out of the end zone or it would have been over on that play. Warren had a great season and will be back in the mix next year. The Badgers have some holes to fill to have a shot next year.

JoeWho

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 09, 2017, 09:15:32 pm
Had more time on the clock when the kid out onto the field. Thought 12 secs was a couple seconds too much but that was a make up call for the made up penalty.
I don't think Burks was going to spike it, think they had a Tebow type play they were going to run.

I thought that was the way to go.  After the Fan incident, they where going to kick the field goal.  That's how I thought it would end.  I really thought the penalty was on Coach Bo.  He had been on the field so much in the last drive, ( and was warn too)  I thought they finally let him have the personal foul.    I mean really! I pull stick and the coaches have to stay in the box.  The way he acted!  he should had put a helmet on.  I still think he is the reason they lost.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 09, 2017, 09:15:32 pm

I just watched it again. Burks claps his hands for the snap at 4 seconds, the ball is snapped and the announcers say a fan is on the field, played is stopped with 3 seconds left. That was the last play and I agree it looks like a play was going to take place.

Superjack45

You guys need to quit it's done and over forget it. Can't change it and it never shou of have came down to this point.

AirWarren

Ignorance has no color. Black, white, or brown.

Best to just ignore all idiocies in this situation and hope the clown that made the decision to run out on the field learns his lesson.

Maybe he and the "streaker" can be dropped off at the State hospital to be cell mates.

ABC™

BigLion10

I was talking about the streaker last year didn't he make it to the parking lot before being brought down?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas