• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cross County @ Earle for the 3-2a crown

Started by playmaker04, October 29, 2014, 12:04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

playmaker04

Might as well get this started with Midland forfeiting and Earle playing rector. The numbers nearly mirror each other. Cc averages 39 a game while allowing 17. Earle averages 38 a game and allows 17. Speed vs speed. Both physical defenses. Expect a great game.

mtindian42

October 29, 2014, 02:08:21 pm #1 Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 04:14:24 pm by mtindian42
after seeing epc and after Earle struggled with them...was not impressed it was a one man show...and the fact Earle lost by 2 to them and cc beat them by 28 tells me this one should not be close cc 38 Earle 16

bdubyab60

With one week off hopefully it doesnt effect CC to much. After seeing both teams in back to back weeks Ill have to think long on this one. Im thinking about how much sarcasm I can get in to one pick on my weekly picks. Especially with whats on the line in this game.

Kendrick55

CC will be ready. If they are over-confident, it'll do nothing but hurt them

bdubyab60

I dont look for CC to be overconfident. They have had a week for the EPC win to wear off. If we werent going to WR that week Id probably go to this game. Duty calls though.

Mustang Fan

cuz

Calpreps
2014] Cross County (Cherry Valley, AR) 28, [2014] Earle (AR) 27
I'll go with the upset and say Earle will win this 28 to 21...........

JRICH

IF EARLE BEATS CROSS COUNTY BY LESS THAN 13,CROSS COUNTY STILL GETS #1 SEED, 3 WAY TIE ,HEAD TO HEAD ONLY APPLIES TO DECIDE BETWEEN TWO TEAMS WITH POINT TIE,CROSS COUNTY HAS MAX 13 PTS IN ALL WINS, EARLE MUST WIN BY AT LEAST 13 POINTS TO WIN OUTRIGHT, EPC WOULD BE 3RD WITH ONLY THE 2 POINT WIN OVER EARLE.AN EARLE WIN BY 13 WOULD FORCE HEAD TO HEAD AND EARLE WOULD WIN #1SEED, SO HOPEFULLY CROSS COUNTY WINS AND LEAVES NO DOUBT.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JRICH on October 29, 2014, 08:26:10 pm
IF EARLE BEATS CROSS COUNTY BY LESS THAN 13,CROSS COUNTY STILL GETS #1 SEED, 3 WAY TIE ,HEAD TO HEAD ONLY APPLIES TO DECIDE BETWEEN TWO TEAMS WITH POINT TIE,CROSS COUNTY HAS MAX 13 PTS IN ALL WINS, EARLE MUST WIN BY AT LEAST 13 POINTS TO WIN OUTRIGHT, EPC WOULD BE 3RD WITH ONLY THE 2 POINT WIN OVER EARLE.AN EARLE WIN BY 13 WOULD FORCE HEAD TO HEAD AND EARLE WOULD WIN #1SEED, SO HOPEFULLY CROSS COUNTY WINS AND LEAVES NO DOUBT.

Calm down and take a breath....

Your sorta right on the 3 way tie breaker...

Goes to the 3 teams' playoff points total. Lowest team drops to 3rd, then head to head between other 2 teams...

JRICH

YA PROBABLY RIGHT, SO CROSS COUNTY WILL JUST HAVE TO WIN, STILL DOESNT SEEM RIGHT THAT CC BEAT EPC BY 28 AND EPC BEAT EARLE BY 2, SO ACTUALLY IF EARLE WINS BY ONLY 2 THAT GIVES CROSS COUNTY AN 11 POINT LEAD OVER BOTH, THEN WHAT, CROSS COUNTY BY POINTS??

Pit Bull

October 29, 2014, 08:50:34 pm #10 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:28:05 pm by Pit Bull
This is too futuristic, Doggs can't look past Rector...

bdubyab60

Quote from: JRICH on October 29, 2014, 08:35:54 pm
YA PROBABLY RIGHT, SO CROSS COUNTY WILL JUST HAVE TO WIN, STILL DOESNT SEEM RIGHT THAT CC BEAT EPC BY 28 AND EPC BEAT EARLE BY 2, SO ACTUALLY IF EARLE WINS BY ONLY 2 THAT GIVES CROSS COUNTY AN 11 POINT LEAD OVER BOTH, THEN WHAT, CROSS COUNTY BY POINTS??
Look at the Marked Tree/EPC thread all scenarios are posted there. Tie breaker points are there to do one thing. Eliminate one team from a 3 way tie. That's all they are for. Once that team is eliminated you then have your head to head match up and whoever won that game is the winner/higher seed.

Take care of business and you don't have to worry about points.

bdubyab60

Saved you some time. Here are the scenarios.

Current points for all 3

CROSS COUNTY 6-2 (5-0)  TBP 65
EPC                   7-1 (4-1)  TBP 41
EARLE               5-3 (4-1)  TBP 52

EPC can only get to 67 TBP with 2 max wins.
With Midland having to forefeit CC is actually at 78.
Earle can also reach 78 if they max win.
EPC cant get enough points to be the one seed so its either 2 or below.

Just a couple of scenarios for these 3 and if EPC max wins their final 2 games. Which they need to do to stay contention for the 2 seed.
The simple one first.
Cross County beats Earle, EPC wins out. Seeds CC, EPC, Earle

2. Earle beats Cross County by more than 2, EPC wins out. Earle, CC, EPC.

3. Earle beats Cross County by 2 or less, EPC wins out. CC, EPC, Earle.

playmaker04

cross county would get number one seed because Earle and epc would have same points so theirs would be decided head to head for 2nd and 3rd.

JRICH

MAKES SENSE, CROSS COUNTY TAKES CARE OF BUSINESS, WON'T BE A BIT CONFUSING!! THEY PLAY AS WELL AS THEY HAVE BEEN,AND WEEK LAYOFF DONT HURT THEM, THEY SHOULD BE OKAY!

mtindian42

bdubyab60

I've only looked at some of the possible first round match ups. I'll probably do a mock bracket and see what some later match ups look like assuming teams make a good run.

Who ever is the 5 seed is though just gets a long road trip to JC. That's as tough a road as you can get I guess.

birddawg1986

Yeah looks like at the end of this playing week things will be really tight with Cross Co controlling there own path. If all 3 teams win by 13 pts this will be the point layout.  Be a tuff draw for anyone across the state to have to play Earle as a possible # 3 seed. But we still have week 10 to go, and anything can change. Might help CC not playing to heal up some bumps, and bruises.

Cross Co 6-0 78 PTS
EPC 5-1 54 PTS
Earle 5-1 65 PTS

bdubyab60

3 seed gets the 4th seed from the 2A-5 at home. Then would be on the road the next game, which would proably be Hazen.

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 30, 2014, 04:58:19 am
bdub who has the toughest road?
By looking at the bracket and just going full chalk on it as things stand right now.

Both the 1 and 2 seed have decent shots a making at least the quarter finals (no guarantees fols this is all just what ifs so dont go crazy on me). Then the road would get really tough there. If the bracket plays out to chalk theres a very good possibility the 1 seed would get either Gurdon or Mt. Ida in the quarters. Its basically the same scenario for the 2 seed in the lower part of the bracket. The 1 seed quarter game woudl be at home while the 2 seed would be on the road. Again thats if they make it that far, but I believe they have decent shots to do it.

The 3 seed gets the one home game then hits the road as i stated earlier. If they get by the first roiund game you are looking straight at Hazen. Who has already beat one of the conference contenders this year. Earles pretty good at rematches if the conference plays out that way.

4 seed looks like a trip to Mt.Burg. If they somehow squeak past in that game it could very well be a conference rematch in the second round against our own 2 seed.

Hopefully the Dragons have a little mercy on the 5 seed and keep it under 80.

playmaker04

Number 1 seed gets 3 home games and if their still alive a semifinal trip to JC.

playmaker04

Basically same scenario of 06 when CC and JC played in the semis at JC and we got shafted when Dylan Karnes hit I believe it was Josh Selvy across the middle and he was tackled at the goal line. Film showed ball cross goal line before he was down but ref spotted it on about the half yard line. No timeouts and time ticking away Karnes tried a sneak and was stopped,game over,JC 7 cc 6.

mtindian42

are top 3 has a good a chance as anybody in this thing...and I thank we could compete with mtnburg but the fact we struggle on the road will cost us I'm afraid...wherever we end up going....

rcd9146

No way marked tree can play mountainburg in 1st round...wrong conference...my will play poyen or magnet cove

bdubyab60

Quote from: rcd9146 on October 30, 2014, 06:00:43 pm
No way marked tree can play mountainburg in 1st round...wrong conference...my will play poyen or magnet cove
my bad it get confused some times

ISU7

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 29, 2014, 02:08:21 pm
the bye can really hurt cc lets hope not...but more times then not its bad...and you add to the fact Earle is mad...I fill sorry for rector cause there probably fixn to get destroyed Friday night...and that's only going to feed the dogs confidence... Earle 38 cc 37 in a dog fight...
Too funny. A team doesnt have to be mad to destroy Rector, Midland beat them with 13 players so whats the big deal..lol..CC by 12

DK2408

I'm just hoping for a far game and the best team wins cc or earl

birddawg1986

Going to be a dandy of a game on Friday night. I give the edge to Cross Co just because they have went on the road and dismantled EPC & Marked Tree by a combined score of 66-8. But Earle is 3-0 at home out scoring there opponents 156-20. Vegas would make Earle a -2 favorite (home field advantage). Refs are not great so look out T- Birds. They don't cheat. They just don't understand the game.

mrkingark

This game on Thurs. or Fri., Heard Earle had it for Thurs., CC had it for Fri.?????

bdubyab60

birddawg1986

bdubyab60

If this schedule holds Ill be there friday.

playmaker04

bdubyab60

Both schedules show 11-7-14 on here. PLease post if anything changes. there are usually a lot of thursday game this last week of regualr season.

playmaker04

mrkingark

I was about put same thing, called Coach Williams...friday

MarionBlueDevil

Earle's schedule has said Friday all fall long. Hope that's the case!

Ball Hawk

My Thunderbirds gonna get the win on the road by 10

playmaker04

Well as long as cc and Earle both show up on Friday then we playing Friday.

MarionBlueDevil

Gonna be a great, great game.

It's what week 10 of high school football should always be.

El Jefe

Donnie Jamon

MarionBlueDevil

Gonna be a cool one on Friday night. May be a little muddy too.

birddawg1986

Yeah you got to agree with MarionBlueDevil there. That has to be the worst draining field that I have seen in NE Arkansas. You talk about flat lands !!! They built that field flat, flat, flat !!! NO CROWN in center so no drainage.

DK2408

I just hope the refs r far and they let the kid choose the out come of the game we don't need a 13th player like playing EPC

bdubyab60

^ I fail to see how the refs helped EPC. Games been over for 3 weeks and you complain now, seriously. Theres no sense in trying to build in some excuse before this game even starts. Gotta have some confidence in your team to overcome some homer calls, which every team gets.

This should be a good game. Talent wise I believe the teams are about even as far as starters. CC has a little more depth and it could show later in the game. Both teams have game changers on offense. Them team that can get those critical stops and limit the big plays will win this one.

Refs will be a non factor!

CROSS COUNTY BY 2

nightowl

mrkingark

I think u and El Jefe...needs stay off the peyote!...CC by 7

AfricanAmerican

DK2408

Was u at the CC and EPC game they held all night cheep shoot every chance they got and the ref picked the ball up just before half time and held the ball until time ran out with inside the 5 yard line to keep us from scoring again before half and as far as me believe n our kids plz would just like to play more than one far game the salm game best refs all year including our home games

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas