• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden @ Hector

Started by mrscoach, October 28, 2014, 02:31:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mrscoach

October 28, 2014, 02:31:47 pm Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:35:09 pm by mrscoach
Looks like the Hampton game fell through.  Looks like the coaches at Hector and Bearden are preparing themselves for a potential playoff run!  Should be interesting!  Go Wildcats! 7:30 start at Linton Stadium!  Wow!

Dragon I

mrscoach

Friday, October 31st, 7:30

cuz

neutral field
[2014] Bearden (AR) 28, [2014] Hector (AR) 24

Dragon I

Donnie Jamon

This should be a good one. Not much time to prepare so GL both teams

mtindian42

hector by 2 at home 28 to 26

mrscoach

Hector games are normally streamed on livestream.com.  You have to create an account and type in Hector Wildcat Football in the search box before the game.

I really respect these coaches for scheduling this game!  Long trip late in the year for Bearden.  Hector was almost certain to finish undefeated in the regular season. Bearden is a team that makes it deep in the playoffs on a regular basis.  Looks like Coach Taylor and his staff want to do what it takes to get there too.  I look forward to this one and I know it will be a difficult challenge for Hector!

Dragon I

Bearden knows the date their season is going to end.  That has to be depressing.  I'm sure the coach just wanted another game for his guys.

dragondad

It'll be a great game to prep both teams. Gurdon-Mt Ida and Bearden-Hector, a Halloween night full of great football.

highschoolball

HorseFeathers

And just like that my plans to go to Charleston this Friday have gone out the window...

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 28, 2014, 04:55:36 pm
Oh HF

Ha...Hector is home man, I wouldn't miss a top ten Match up on our homefield for anything

cuz

Quote from: HF on October 28, 2014, 04:55:06 pm
And just like that my plans to go to Charleston this Friday have gone out the window...
Well HF you'll be at the better game. We'll sure know after Friday whether Hector is my sleeper or not.... ;D

bigworm

Will the Ross kid be playing?

02cat

Gonna be a great game between two great teams. I'm ready for this one. Safe travels for Bearden and all there fans. Gonna go with my Cats!!!!
Hector-22
Bearden-21

cuz

October 28, 2014, 07:26:32 pm #17 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:47:19 pm by cuz
Quote from: bigworm on October 28, 2014, 07:04:01 pm
Will the Ross kid be playing?
Worm word was he's out for the year, knee.. Hootens thought he was playing last week that's why Bearden stayed up in the ranking. They did get a key lineman back last week but not Ross. It's quite in Bear town...

wiseguy

Thanks Bearden for picking-up Hamptons slack ;) Now not only do we get to play Friday night, we get a BALLGAME :D  Kudos to the coaches for working this out on short notice 8)

cuz

Quote from: mrscoach on October 28, 2014, 03:53:09 pm
Hector games are normally streamed on livestream.com.  You have to create an account and type in Hector Wildcat Football in the search box before the game.

I really respect these coaches for scheduling this game!  Long trip late in the year for Bearden.  Hector was almost certain to finish undefeated in the regular season. Bearden is a team that makes it deep in the playoffs on a regular basis.  Looks like Coach Taylor and his staff want to do what it takes to get there too.  I look forward to this one and I know it will be a difficult challenge for Hector!
Kudos to both coaches, should help each team find their weakness...........

Cheek

HorseFeathers

i'll have play by play  again this week.....kids are going trick or treating instead of the game. Any of the bearden posters coming up for this one?

dragonpride27

Bears might tank it for the season..they know they come here in 2nd rd...if so hector by 10..if bears show up and want to play...hector by 1...long trip.

cuz

Quote from: HF on October 28, 2014, 07:59:04 pm
i'll have play by play  again this week.....kids are going trick or treating instead of the game. Any of the bearden posters coming up for this one?
I'll be in Shreveport this Friday, but I will appreciate the P/P. Good luck to both teams safe travels and injury free play...........

Donnie Jamon

HF does it get replaced in your Pickens?

#72 Bearden Bear

I'll be there HF. I'll be helping out on the our tunnel crew.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on October 28, 2014, 08:57:50 pm

I'll be there somewhere...depends on th ecrowd, might go traitor and sit on the bearden side lol

Do you expect a large crowd to make the trip up or no?

And Donnie Jamon, yes I changed it for the A part and added it to the C part

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I still can't believe a Wesley Ables coached team forfeited and doesn't have many players. (Insert sarcasm). Especially after the way the Hampton posters had declared him the savior for their program before last season.

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: HF on October 28, 2014, 09:12:42 pm
Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on October 28, 2014, 08:57:50 pm

I'll be there somewhere...depends on th ecrowd, might go traitor and sit on the bearden side lol

Do you expect a large crowd to make the trip up or no?

And Donnie Jamon, yes I changed it for the A part and added it to the C part
We should have a pretty good crowd, they usually travel well for away games. As for Hampton, the talk I've heard Ables is the problem.

wiseguy

As far as I know Hector and Bearden have never met on the field before. Should be a great game, can't wait for Fri-nite :D

mrscoach

Hootens updated the site and has Bearden favored by 15. 

WPWells

cuz

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 29, 2014, 07:55:56 am
Seems high to me
It could be, depends on two things mainly. The speed of Hector and the depth of Bearden. Bearden gave Rison all they could handle down to the last minute of the game. Hector has a very good QB. I don't know how much depth they have, but Bearden doesn't have much at all. I don't know about their freshman that moved up if they'll contribute or not. This game could go either way, meaning close or by a few TD's to either team............

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: cuz on October 29, 2014, 08:20:19 am

Seems high to me
It could be, depends on two things mainly. The speed of Hector and the depth of Bearden. Bearden gave Rison all they could handle down to the last minute of the game. Hector has a very good QB. I don't know how much depth they have, but Bearden doesn't have much at all. I don't know about their freshman that moved up if they'll contribute or not. This game could go either way, meaning close or by a few TD's to either team............

maybe some bear tricks in Hector on Halloween night?

tacklethis...

This is a good game for Hector with a bye in the first round. It lets them see where they compare with a quality team. Something they don't see in the 4.

On the other hand, don't seem like good game for Bearden with the depth issues. Seems like Hector has more to gain even if they lose.

I'm going with Bearden by 14. Just doesn't seem like Bearden gains anything even with a win this late in the season. Jmo

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Dragon I on October 28, 2014, 04:19:36 pm
Bearden knows the date their season is going to end.  That has to be depressing.  I'm sure the coach just wanted another game for his guys.

oh yes it is Dragon 1. that was the best pitch and catch session I have seen in years from the dragons versus Bearden. but let me leave you with an old Chinese saying, be kind to the ones that you meet on your way to the top, for they are the ones you pass on your way back down. you will need to fasten your seatbelt next year I think the ride gets a little bumpy for JC.

Dragon I

JC will win conference next year.  Don't kid your self. And the year after that, and the year after that.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Dragon I on October 29, 2014, 09:00:54 am
JC will win conference next year.  Don't kid your self. And the year after that, and the year after that.

after your senior class is gone, you  you're just another average team in the 2A.

HorseFeathers

omg...can we not tun this into another thread about junction city, please? You guys can have every other thread on the front page but good lord leave 1 for the 2a game of the week that isnt all about junction city..

Proud Buckaroo

Junction fans be like....

Dragon I

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 29, 2014, 08:42:00 am
This is a good game for Hector with a bye in the first round. It lets them see where they compare with a quality team. Something they don't see in the 4.

On the other hand, don't seem like good game for Bearden with the depth issues. Seems like Hector has more to gain even if they lose.

I'm going with Bearden by 14. Just doesn't seem like Bearden gains anything even with a win this late in the season. Jmo

Bearden has nothing to lose and everything to gain and may also get a chance to look at our two 9th grade quarterbacks, who may be as athletic as young and may throw a better ball, IMO.

Backwoods Bart

October 29, 2014, 09:56:12 am #42 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:13:45 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: Dragon I on October 28, 2014, 04:19:36 pm

Pot stirring..JC style

tacklethis...

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 29, 2014, 09:44:16 am
Quote from: tacklethis... on October 29, 2014, 08:42:00 am

Bearden has nothing to lose and everything to gain and may also get a chance to look at our two 9th grade quarterbacks, who may be as athletic as young and may throw a better ball, IMO.

Maybe, but Bearden had seen great teams play already. Hector hasn't seen any competition. With depth issues I just think this could hurt more than help. If they hadn't played anyone good all year long my opinion would be different.

GusBrown

October 29, 2014, 10:40:36 am #44 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:50:45 am by GusBrown
I like Bearden and their expierenced QB. He'll make enough plays to win a close one.

Rida4Life

I applaud Hector for initiating this game.  Taking a big chance at putting one in the L column to get better is a bold move but a good one.  You ain't getting better beating up on the little sisters of the poor. 
Bearden 28
Hector 14
.... but I think Hector gets a lot of positives from this matchup that could help them in the playoffs.

02cat

Quote from: cuz on October 29, 2014, 08:20:19 am
Seems high to me
Not a whole lot of depth, lost Senior DT Steven Ester two weeks ago to a broke foot. Had some players step up though and fill in nicely. We will be fielding about 40 or so kids, freshmen moved up. Have one or two freshmen that might get some playing time but not likely. Our offense is looking very healthy though and should move the ball. This one will most likely come down to the last few minutes of the game. Safe travels to Bearden and Thanks for filling in for us.

cuz

Quote from: HF on October 29, 2014, 09:09:51 am
omg...can we not tun this into another thread about junction city, please? You guys can have every other thread on the front page but good lord leave 1 for the 2a game of the week that isnt all about junction city..
Agreed, this is getting old...........

cuz

Quote from: mrscoach on October 29, 2014, 07:32:44 am
Hooties take on the game..........
BEARDEN (15) at Hector: This game came about at 2 p.m. Tuesday when Hector head coach Mark Taylor made the call to Bearden head coach Ernie Horstkamp after Hampton said it would not make the trip Friday to Hector as scheduled. So, No. 5 Bearden plays No. 6 Hector at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Hector's Linton Field. Bearden just allowed 410 yards last week in a 43-36 loss to Rison, which controlled the ball for almost 30 minutes of the 48-minute game.  Hector will promote 11 freshman and dress 41 the rest of the season. Sophomore QB Tanner Gaines completed 10 of 10 passes for 160 yards and two TDs last week in a 39-7 win over Decatur, his second perfect passing night this season. He completed 10 of 10 passes Week 4 vs. Western Yell County. Hector's first-team defense held Decatur to less than 100 yards, and Gaines intercepted two passes at safety.
HAMPTON is open.
Quote from: GusBrown on October 29, 2014, 10:40:36 am
I like Bearden and their expierenced QB. He'll make enough plays to win a close one.
Tanner Gaines is no slouch, and a heck of a passer, that could be the difference in this game..............

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: cuz on October 29, 2014, 12:48:53 pm
Quote from: mrscoach on October 29, 2014, 07:32:44 am
Hooties take on the game..........
BEARDEN (15) at Hector: This game came about at 2 p.m. Tuesday when Hector head coach Mark Taylor made the call to Bearden head coach Ernie Horstkamp after Hampton said it would not make the trip Friday to Hector as scheduled. So, No. 5 Bearden plays No. 6 Hector at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Hector's Linton Field. Bearden just allowed 410 yards last week in a 43-36 loss to Rison, which controlled the ball for almost 30 minutes of the 48-minute game.  Hector will promote 11 freshman and dress 41 the rest of the season. Sophomore QB Tanner Gaines completed 10 of 10 passes for 160 yards and two TDs last week in a 39-7 win over Decatur, his second perfect passing night this season. He completed 10 of 10 passes Week 4 vs. Western Yell County. Hector's first-team defense held Decatur to less than 100 yards, and Gaines intercepted two passes at safety.
HAMPTON is open.
Quote from: GusBrown on October 29, 2014, 10:40:36 am
Tanner Gaines is no slouch, and a heck of a passer, that could be the difference in this game..............

Agreed Cuz, 10 for 10 is strong. Bear defense will have to keep him on the move.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas