• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EPC @ MT

Started by bloodsweattears33, October 28, 2014, 11:14:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bloodsweattears33

Epc goes across town to play rival MT

Donnie Jamon

Gonna be packed and a hostile environment

playmaker04

MT playing for a 3rd seed and a home game. Epc trying to keep slim chance at a #1 seed alive but could drop as far as 4th with a loss. I'm going with Epc 36-18

bdubyab60

Gonna be a nightmare on Halloween for tree top

Hatchet

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 28, 2014, 01:57:38 pm
MT playing for a 3rd seed and a home game. Epc trying to keep slim chance at a #1 seed alive but could drop as far as 4th with a loss. I'm going with Epc 36-18
I don't think that a #1 seed is possible for EPC

bdubyab60

I think the highest we can go is the 2 seed.

playmaker04

I was thinking if Earle beats cc by 1. I may be wrong. Won't be the first time or the last lol.

mrkingark

CC loses to Earle by 2 or less....CC still #1 seed, 3 or more, Earle 1, cc 2, epc 3
CC win CC 1, Epc 2, Earle 3

bdubyab60

Current points for all 3

CROSS COUNTY 6-2 (5-0)  TBP 65
EPC                   7-1 (4-1)  TBP 41
EARLE               5-3 (4-1)  TBP 52

EPC can only get to 67 TBP with 2 max wins.
With Midland having to forefeit CC is actually at 78.
Earle can also reach 78 if they max win.
EPC cant get enough points to be the one seed so its either 2 or below.

Just a couple of scenarios for these 3 and if EPC max wins their final 2 games. Which they need to do to stay contention for the 2 seed.
The simple one first.
Cross County beats Earle, EPC wins out. Seeds CC, EPC, Earle

2. Earle beats Cross County by more than 2, EPC wins out. Earle, CC, EPC.

3. Earle beats Cross County by 2 or less, EPC wins out. CC, EPC, Earle.

playmaker04

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 29, 2014, 09:48:55 am
Current points for all 3

CROSS COUNTY 6-2 (5-0)  TBP 65
EPC                   7-1 (4-1)  TBP 41
EARLE               5-3 (4-1)  TBP 52

EPC can only get to 67 TBP with 2 max wins.
With Midland having to forefeit CC is actually at 78.
Earle can also reach 78 if they max win.
EPC cant get enough points to be the one seed so its either 2 or below.

Just a couple of scenarios for these 3 and if EPC max wins their final 2 games. Which they need to do to stay contention for the 2 seed.
The simple one first.
Cross County beats Earle, EPC wins out. Seeds CC, EPC, Earle

2. Earle beats Cross County by more than 2, EPC wins out. Earle, CC, EPC.

3. Earle beats Cross County by 2 or less, EPC wins out. CC, EPC, Earle.
doesn't Earle have to beat cc by 13 or more? Cc has max points. If Earle beats cc by less than 13 cc still holds edge in points if 3 way tie.

playmaker04

Or does the points just eliminate one then go by head to head on the other 2? That's where I get confused.

bdubyab60

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 29, 2014, 12:24:58 pm
Or does the points just eliminate one then go by head to head on the other 2? That's where I get confused.
Points eliminates one team to create a head to head match up.

So if Earle wins by, let's say 3, EPC is eliminated by the TBP. Then Earle would be the 1 seed by winning the head to head match up.

playmaker04

Yeah I forgot how that worked. Been along time since cc was in a position for me to worry about it lol.

bdubyab60

It also makes a difference in this.

Conference Champion

Conference Champions

bdubyab60

I would have expected at least a little talk from a couple of MT posters.

mtindian42

only thing we have going for us is we are at home...deangelo and the boys would have to play out of there mind for us to have any chance at all...

foxx88

If MT had Weathers as a head coach they would be undefeated. They got size and talent level is unreal.

mrkingark

Quote from: foxx88 on October 30, 2014, 07:48:42 pm
If MT had Weathers as a head coach they would be undefeated. They got size and talent level is unreal.
Well probably 1 loss........CC

foxx88

bdubyab60

Quote from: foxx88 on October 30, 2014, 07:48:42 pm
They do have some talent. But its not off the charts and not at the level of few other teams in the conference.

mtindian42

October 31, 2014, 04:50:26 am #20 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 05:05:48 am by mtindian42
GAME DAY IS HERE...                             On the banks of our St. Francis

Marked by men of yore

Stands the city of our fancy

And the school we adore.

Forward ever be our watchword

Conquer and prevail

Hail to thee our Alma Mater

Marked Tree High  all hail!
                                                                GO              INDIANS..................................................

playmaker04

I was wanting to come watch this game but my boss(wife) said we trick or treating with the grand baby. No football for papaw tonight. Keep me posted bdub.

bloodsweattears33

Mt trashed EPC school and field last night.

bdubyab60

October 31, 2014, 09:22:43 am #23 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:53:46 am by bdubyab60
No biggie that's what EPC is going to do to them tonight

leedog95

EPC will take this game by at least 30. MT has some talent but no coaching. If MT had some coaching the game would be close...

bdubyab60

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 31, 2014, 07:40:41 am
I was wanting to come watch this game but my boss(wife) said we trick or treating with the grand baby. No football for papaw tonight. Keep me posted bdub.
Ill try lol

mtindian42

we got to try and find away to stop Michael scales Jr tonight...mike was good for the tree in his day. like father like son. except the son is in red and black. to bad he didn't follow daddy and wore the BLUE AND GOLD...

leedog95

Once EPC gets physical with MT the game will be over happens every year MT gets hit a few times hard and they will fold up. I hate saying this but that's how it's been under coach Dunn...

mtindian42

Quote from: leedog95 on October 31, 2014, 04:06:43 pm
Once EPC gets physical with MT the game will be over happens every year MT gets hit a few times hard and they will fold up. I hate saying this but that's how it's been under coach Dunn...
+1

hssportfan

MT hits, they just hit late after the whistle.

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 31, 2014, 01:47:59 pm
we got to try and find away to stop Michael scales Jr tonight...mike was good for the tree in his day. like father like son. except the son is in red and black. to bad he didn't follow daddy and wore the BLUE AND GOLD...
Friends don't let friends wear blue and gold

bdubyab60

leedog95

Well it went like I said it would. The difference in EPC and MT is MT doesn't care to lose if EPC lost two straight years to MT they would be looking for anew coach. MT has lost 5 or 6 straight years and it doesn't bother them at all.... Not taking anything away from EPC because they have been the better team. Just saying the games could be a lot closer with a better coach on MT sidelines!!!

mtindian42

hate to see our seniors not get a win in this rivalry...but that's the way the cookie crumbles some times...congrads to the victors.  GO INDIANS...

Donnie Jamon

It has nothing to do with coaching or not everything. Epc has football players and and kids that love football. Can't say that about MT.

Seriously Epc had way more people at the game at MT. That should never happen.  If you want to get a football going in the right direction then come support your team or quit complaining about the coach

leedog95

DJ do you remember the EPC coach before coach Weathers took over. I believe he had 3 or 4 horrible years like 1-9 and 2-8 years and then they wasn't even going to have a program. What happened when coach Weathers got there the next year. I understand what your saying. But coaching does have a lot to do with winning as does the players and fans... It happens every year in college and the pros coaching change and the team changes as well. By the way I go to all the games. I would agree with you about MT fans not supporting their kids...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas