• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BDUB'S WEEK 9 2A-3 PICK'S

Started by bdubyab60, October 27, 2014, 11:54:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

October 27, 2014, 11:54:12 am Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:51:52 pm by bdubyab60
Well a decent week with a pick well missed bringing the record to 26-14 for the season. Proud of the Warriors for pulling out a tough win on senior night. Aaron Scales and Kyler Gordon doing work on the ground and Clay Malone weaving through traffic for a huge score. But all the boys played their hearts out. Im still horse from the game and emotionally drained from this weekend. On to the games for this week.

MIDLAND @ CROSS COUNTY
Midland had to forefeit due to injuries. T-birds will get a full week of preparation fo rtheir showdown with the Earle Bulldogs. Cross County did beat Rector last week 56-19 and they will get the full 13 points for the forefeit. it sucks that it was the T-birds senior night and CC should  still do something for those Senior students have played, marched and cheered for their school.

EARLE @ RECTOR
Bulldogs dropped a tough one to EPC 28-26 while Rector got ran over by Cross County 56-19. Rector has shown some fight but just not enoug talent there yet. Bulldogs will be looking to get back on track after the tough loss. Buldogs should run wild in this one and setup the showdown with CC for possible 1 seed heading in to the playoffs. Dawgs dont usually show to much mercy. Earle big.
EARLE 54 RECTOR 6

RIVALRY GAME OF THE WEEK
EPC @ MARKED TREE
EPC beat a tough Earle team last week 28-26 and Marked Tree pulled out an OT win over Salem 20-14. Whenever these two get together its usually a pretty physical game despite the scores. I expect this to be the same. playoff positioning on the line in this one. Marked Tree can stake a claim to 3rd with a win and EPC can lock up at least the 3rd with a win I believe. I havent worked out all the scenarios yet but they will clear up even more this week. Its good this is a rivalry game for EPC so there shouldnt be any let down after an emotional win last week. I think EPC is still a little to much for the Indians. Warriors solidfy their playoff position this week and take it to the Indians.
EPC 42 MARKED TREE 12

2A-3 GAME OF THE WEEK
SALEM @ WALNUT RIDGE
Salem lost an overtime thriller to Marked Tree 20-14, I dont really know that it was a thriller but it looked like a good game. Walnut Ridge walked all over Midland 46-0. Big playoff implications in this one. The winner probably gets in at the 5 seed and the loser will need some help for sure. This should be a good one and I believe both teams are pretty even. I will go with the Bobcats at home for this one but not by much. Wouldnt be surprised if this one went to OT either.
WALNUT RIDGE 26 SALEM 20

CURRENT STANDINGS
CONFERENCE STANDINGS
CROSS COUNTY 6-2 (5-0)  TBP 65
EPC                   7-1 (4-1)  TBP 41
EARLE               5-3 (4-1)  TBP 52
MARKED TREE    5-3 (3-2)  TBP 32
WALNUT RIDGE  2-6 (2-3)  TBP 26 A trip to Junction City for this seed in the first round
SALEM               1-7 (1-4)  TBP 13
MIDLAND           1-7 (1-4)  TBP 8
RECTOR             0-7 (0-5)  TBP 0

Safe travels to all and good lcuk to everyone. Ill have Hooties and La La up shortly.

"RESPECT ALL, FEAR NONE." Brett Beliema.

bdubyab60

LA LA LAND PREDICTOR NEUTRAL FIELD

CROSS COUNTY 56 MIDLAND 6 Just for the heck of it
EARLE 56 RECTOR 0
EPC 41 MARKED TREE 10
WALNUT RIDGE 26 SALEM 19

playmaker04

CC having sr. Night 1st round of playoffs Nov. 14th

playmaker04

Good picks. WR will beat Salem by 21. 36-15

bdubyab60

POSSIBLE PLAYOFF MATCH UPS FOR THE 2A-3.

A lot of things still to settle in a lot of the conferences. Some are some tight races and nothing set in stone. I dint look real deep but just by current records and standings.

1st place gets: 5th from the 8, currently looks like Parkers Chapel.
2nd place gets: 4th from the 7, looks like Dierks or Murfreesboro
3rd place gets: 4th from the 5, England, Poyen, Magnet Cove. MC beat England, Poyen beat MC and Eng still has to play poyen. Kind of cloudy on this one.
4th place gets: 2nd from the 5, Again cloudy looking at Magnet Cove or Poyen. thik the best England can do is 3rd without some help from another team.
5th place gets: A long trip to 1st from the 8 Junction city and an even longer ride home with all the talk about the largest playoff lose in the history of football. Lol just kidding but seriously it will be bad.

Someone form the other conference might know a little better how their conference should play out. I see some intersting match ups and hopefully some exciting games.

bdubyab60

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 27, 2014, 12:31:40 pm
CC having sr. Night 1st round of playoffs Nov. 14th
Good ot here that playmaker. I through in some playoff scenarios and how things could shake out.

bdubyab60

Hooties 2A-3 picks

Salem at WALNUT RIDGE (6): The winner likely earns the fifth and final playoff seed and an eight-hour round trip to No. 1 Junction City in the first round of the playoffs.
E. POINSETT COUNTY (21) at Marked Tree: Marked Tree trailed one-win Salem 14-0 late last week but rallied for a 20-14 win in overtime. After EPC played poorly in a Week 7 loss to Cross County, the Warriors proved their mettle last week and topped Earle 28-26. Senior QB Aaron Scales led an EPC offense to 401 yards by rushing for 164 yards and a TD and passing (10 of 15) for another 121 yards and three TDs. The EPC offensive line did not allow a sack.
EARLE (48) at Rector: Earle's defense denied EPC three times in the red zone last week, but the Bulldogs still lost 28-26. Winless Rector has scored 85 points this season.
Midland at CROSS COUNTY (2): Midland is down to nine players this week and will forfeit to No. 9 Cross County, which took off Monday and Tuesday before starting  preparations for its Week 10 showdown at No. 11 Earle.

Proud Buckaroo

I really don't believe you know what it feels like to have to forfeit a game because of "low numbers." I myself have witnessed this. I have personally witnessed what it's like to have to close a school because you do not have enough students. Those kids are already upset to have to forfeit and then you make that sarcastic jab at them, and their fans. If it were me, I would edit that post out of respect.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 27, 2014, 11:59:41 am

EARLE 56 RECTOR 0
EPC 41 MARKED TREE 10
WALNUT RIDGE 26 SALEM 19

And here you took another stab at their team. For some one with over 5,000 posts, you really don't know how to give someone some respect.

bdubyab60

Trust me I hate that they had to forefeit any games and I do have respect for midland.Midland isn't closing and I congratulated that bunch of young men myself when they played us for their effort during that game. I also know that if they were able to compete they would be there competeing.
It is just sarcasm and worse has been said on here about teams and nothing was meant by it. I really hope they get healthy enough to finish the season and not have to forefeit the season ender.
Midland is a first year program, they have support as well. Not many teams have a crowd when they aren't winning. Midland brought just as many as Earle or Marianna brought and if they keep that up they will be fine. They need to get their field ready so they can really get support going for that program going.

And by the way my picks are always sarcastic. I also would think that everyone knows that Midland would rather finish their season than hit the deer woods. So quit being so sensitive everyone knows why midland had to forefeit.

Proud Buckaroo

I'm not being sensitive. You are being insensitive to midland's posters. Rather your pick's are always sarcastic, or not. It upset a few of their posters.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 27, 2014, 11:28:25 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 27, 2014, 11:59:41 am

EARLE 56 RECTOR 0
EPC 41 MARKED TREE 10
WALNUT RIDGE 26 SALEM 19

And here you took another stab at their team. For some one with over 5,000 posts, you really don't know how to give someone some respect.
Can you not read. I did it just to see what the predictor would say. I always post them.
I mean we post sarcastic things about teams getting beat 70 to 0 and here you are riding me for posting a sarcastic comment about a team who we know the reason they had to forefeit. Get over it. Nothing was meant by it.

You don't know me me, you don't know what or who I respect.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 27, 2014, 11:41:34 pm
I'm not being sensitive. You are being insensitive to midland's posters. Rather your pick's are always sarcastic, or not. It upset a few of their posters.
Not a one has posted on this topic about it. Just you.

bdubyab60

I see it in another thread I'll go apologize there now.

bdubyab60

mtindian42

hang in there midland...it will get better...and as for bdub. I don't thank for 1 second that he meant any harm or disrespect to any one...

Mustang Fan

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 27, 2014, 11:46:28 pm
Hey dbud I wasn't bothered by your post. Some sarcasm is good only problem I had was wise guy saying Midland was scared of CC. Enjoying reading your preductions best way I've seen of keeping up with conference.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Mustang Fan on October 28, 2014, 12:56:53 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 27, 2014, 11:46:28 pm
Hey dbud I wasn't bothered by your post. Some sarcasm is good only problem I had was wise guy saying Midland was scared of CC. Enjoying reading your preductions best way I've seen of keeping up with conference.
Thanks. I pretty much post like I actually talk. So if I am being sarcastic and picking on your team don't be offended it actually means the opposite. That's unless your Marked Tree then one night a year in football I can't stand em. Lol

Thing is, is that when I played at EPC we had the same issues as midland. My senior year I believe we finished with around 14 players that were healthy until freshmen moved up in the last game. I missed the first 4 games with a dislocated shoulder as well.

It'll take time but the way the kids acted and played midland should have a decent program in a few years, especially if they can get participation up.

Mustang Fan

Going into season all I heard was negative things about every place on our schedule.  From what I have seen everywhere we played our players ,coaches and fans have not had a single complaint about anywhere we have played.  Was treated great at EPC both jr and sr high games

hssportfan

BDUB's sincere with his apology, and I can promise you he hates anyone was offended. I heard nothing but praise from him and everyone else I talked to after our game vs Midland. EPC's had their lean years when our numbers were low and talk of not fielding teams. Midland will be fine, numbers are low now but a few home games will create more interest. As many can tell you Friday night home games are more than just a football game in many small towns such as ours, its an event. I know for a fact our players and coaches have great respect for Midland's players and coaches and we all wish them well.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Mustang Fan on October 28, 2014, 03:52:39 pm
Going into season all I heard was negative things about every place on our schedule.  From what I have seen everywhere we played our players ,coaches and fans have not had a single complaint about anywhere we have played.  Was treated great at EPC both jr and sr high games
I gave the players food and drinks after the senior game. When we have some left we usually try to do that.

Mustang Fan

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 28, 2014, 05:59:51 pm
Quote from: Mustang Fan on October 28, 2014, 03:52:39 pm
I gave the players food and drinks after the senior game. When we have some left we usually try to do that.
Thanks for doing that for the boys. That's exactly what I was speaking of earlier.  Every where we played this year we wasn't treated like I expected as the new guys. But instead it was just opposite more like old friends.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas