• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon vs the Scourge

Started by Lions84, October 27, 2014, 10:59:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this weeks game.

Lions
10 (62.5%)
Bison
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: October 31, 2014, 10:59:29 am

Lions84

Lions visit the Bison out on the Prairie this week and needs to beat them to secure a playoff spot.

Go Big RED!

Old Scrapper

big E

Anything can happen on Halloween.

MomaLion

You got that right big E.  It all depends on how much my Lions want that play off spot.  They can win it, question is if they will.  I believe they will  :)

bigworm

Bizen conference record:

W
L
W
L
W
L

I say they keep the pattern going
Bizen 26
Red lions 22

6-2a_wizard

Old Scrapper

Clarendon needs to jump on them while their down! I'm sure they won't stay down long.

#HTO

Ventman

This could be one of those games where the team with the ball last wins.

BrianfromCarlisle

Hopefully, some of the 9th graders get moved up to help out Ventman. 

jbtiger73

With this game, it's all about time of posession. Carlisle will try to keep that ball as long as possible. So clarendon needs to take advantage every time they get a posession. Or otherwise, that clock will churn away on clarendon's playoff hopes. Definitely wish I could make this game.

Ventman

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on October 29, 2014, 08:47:09 pm
Hopefully, some of the 9th graders get moved up to help out Ventman.
that would be nice Brian!

BrianfromCarlisle

Gotta have more speed and it's there with the freshmen.   BTW the 3rd and 4th graders won the championship last night.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ventman on October 29, 2014, 08:35:30 pm
This could be one of those games where the team with the ball last wins.
That's what i'm thinking too lol. 

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on October 29, 2014, 09:20:31 pm
With this game, it's all about time of posession. Carlisle will try to keep that ball as long as possible. So clarendon needs to take advantage every time they get a posession. Or otherwise, that clock will churn away on clarendon's playoff hopes. Definitely wish I could make this game.
We don't tend to keep the ball long unfortunately.  Our guys only know one speed and that's fast.  Either we are gonna score quickly or turn it over quickly.

Ventman

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on October 29, 2014, 10:01:31 pm
Gotta have more speed and it's there with the freshmen.   BTW the 3rd and 4th graders won the championship last night.
i saw that! Sweet!

MomaLion

Brian, will you be there tonight?

BrianfromCarlisle

Yes   We will be in attendance.  I have one on team. 

MomaLion

I don't have one on the team but I'm here :)

Redandwhite

Ok so who does the winner play in the playoffs?

MomaLion

Most likely the winner of the Mt Ida/Gurdon game tonight.

jbtiger73

Yea because we play the loser of that game. We beat Augusta last night 36-0

Lions84

GO Big RED  Halloween Friday Nights been special to the Lions over the years.  We secured a District title in 1982 against Red Devils of Altheimer and they were running the ND BOX Offense.

Cheek

I hear basketballs bouncing in Clarendon.

66SSV

MomaLion

Clarendon lost...can't remember the final but it wasn't close. We always have basketball season lol.

BrianfromCarlisle

Idoknow

Quote from: Lions84 on October 31, 2014, 11:11:43 am
GO Big RED  Halloween Friday Nights been special to the Lions over the years.  We secured a District title in 1982 against Red Devils of Altheimer and they were running the ND BOX Offense.
In 1982 England won the 6AA title with a 4-0 record, Marvell 3-1, Altheimer 2-2, Clarendon 1-3, Elaine 0-4.

RiverEagle079

Idoknow

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 31, 2014, 10:22:49 pm
Let's try for 1986
In 1986 Barton won the 6-A title with a 5-0 record, Clarendon was second at 4-1, but if you would have said 1984 you would be right. Clarendon won the title with a 5-0 record and Barton was second at 4-1.

RiverEagle079

I dont know man i was just pulling for a halloween friday night the closest i found was 1986

Ventman

Lions84

I wonder where your getting your facts at . My yearbook and Letterman jackets say we are the 1982 6AA Champions. We Beat ENGLAND 14-12  per the 1983 issue of the Clarendon year book page 56. We beat Altheimer to win a share of the title.

Idoknow

November 01, 2014, 02:08:47 pm #33 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 03:58:13 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: Lions84 on November 01, 2014, 01:42:15 pm
I wonder where your getting your facts at . My yearbook and Letterman jackets say we are the 1982 6AA Champions. We Beat ENGLAND 14-12  per the 1983 issue of the Clarendon year book page 56. We beat Altheimer to win a share of the title.
Almanac of Ark. High School Football. After looking through the play-off, looks to me they made a mistake. Clarendon lost to McGehee 28-15 in the second rd. Augusta won state 8-0 over Pulaski Oak Grove!
I found where the mistake was made, they had the 6AA standings in 1981 the same as 1982.

Lions84

Yep it is an error in the Almanac, I played on that team and we went to Gosnell froze and beat them. McGhee RB Driver Ran wild and wore us out in the 2nd round. 1981 England won and we were hit by the injury bug from Hades. We had 6-8 guys out at any one time that year.  We won again the Fall of 84 after I graduated.

MomaLion

Congrats to Carlisle on making playoffs.  I fear it'll be one and done...just like it would've been for us had we made it...but good luck.

Lions84

Sad to see the Lions stay home again.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas