• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Midland forfeits CC game

Started by playmaker04, October 27, 2014, 10:08:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

playmaker04

godgiven999

It's because they were terrified to play CC  :-X
Kidding

playmaker04

Lol. Just six because its senior night.

Mustang Fan

Mustangs not afraid to take on anyone we have taken our thirteen players week after week and played against several good teams. Woodlawn Barton epc Earle every week against good teams. Lost a player against marked tree and two last week in walnut ridge game due to injuries. Nobody is scared of Cross County!  NOBODY!!

bdubyab60

999 was just kidding. Whe you are low on numbers you cant afford injuries. Hopefully they can get well enough to finish the season.

MustangMomma1

No we aren't afraid to face any team.  Injuries have got us down at this point.  These young men have played every Friday nite against teams that have outnumbered them by at least double the amount of players!  These boys are not happy that they aren't playing this Friday nite.  But when you are down in numbers there is no choice.  These boys have played hard all year and their determination has gotten them far. 

Mustang Fan

We are hoping to have two of them back for the last game of season 1 against Salem.  Been fortunate all season to avoid multiple players with injuries. Hopefully next year we will have more interest from other athletes in school.

playmaker04

Quote from: Mustang Fan on October 27, 2014, 12:41:23 pm
Mustangs not afraid to take on anyone we have taken our thirteen players week after week and played against several good teams. Woodlawn Barton epc Earle every week against good teams. Lost a player against marked tree and two last week in walnut ridge game due to injuries. Nobody is scared of Cross County!  NOBODY!!
Simmer down there Chief. Did you not see the "kidding" comment? I figured y'all were short on healthy players. Too bad y'all couldn't move up a couple ninth graders since Jr high is ovwr . It was sr night for us. But we will just do it on Nov 14. First round playoff game at cross county.

playmaker04

Quote from: MustangMomma1 on October 27, 2014, 01:04:28 pm
No we aren't afraid to face any team.  Injuries have got us down at this point.  These young men have played every Friday nite against teams that have outnumbered them by at least double the amount of players!  These boys are not happy that they aren't playing this Friday nite.  But when you are down in numbers there is no choice.  These boys have played hard all year and their determination has gotten them far.
Y'all need a field. Hopefully that's in the works. Its hard to get kids interested in playing or support from fans when you have no home games.

Mustang Fan

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 27, 2014, 01:22:07 pm
Quote from: Mustang Fan on October 27, 2014, 12:41:23 pm
Simmer down there Chief. Did you not see the "kidding" comment? I figured y'all were short on healthy players. Too bad y'all couldn't move up a couple ninth graders since Jr high is ovwr . It was sr night for us. But we will just do it on Nov 14. First round playoff game at cross county.
. Took the "kidding" as sarcastic.  Hate that is was y'all's senior night but sometimes things happen that you hope doesn't, like having to forfeit. Losing knowing you did the best you could is one thing but losing not getting a chance doesn't ever feel the same.  Best of luck to CC against Earle.  Hoping you can pull it off for conference championship

mrkingark

CC gets the 13 points for a win.....

bdubyab60

Yep. Got the scenarios I my weekly picks

XtremeMustangFan

October 27, 2014, 10:31:52 pm #12 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:36:00 pm by XtremeMustangFan
Midland has MORE HEART than any team in the state! 13 young men on the roster and not having the word Quit in their vocabulary. These young men have an amazing bond and the 2 who are out this week are devastated not singularly because they are injured but rather because they are afraid they've let their brothers down. So as far as far as the responses to "joking" comments go I think it's a good thing Midland fans are respectful. Furthermore bdubyab60 your deer hunting comment in your pickem thread was classless and disrespectful to our injured players, the rest of our Mustangs and our fans!
Mustang Pride,
XMF

Wonderdog

Strong in the 8-2A is in a similar boat. Started the season with 16 and was at 13 last week vs junction city. Hopefully midland will get healthy in time to play their week 10 game. The part that gets forgotten is that your kids are never getting a chance to come off the field. Not to mention adjustments can't be made until halftime, with the exception of a couple 30-60 second time out. Keep fighting midland.

bdubyab60

Quote from: XtremeMustangFan on October 27, 2014, 10:31:52 pm
Midland has MORE HEART than any team in the state! 13 young men on the roster and not having the word Quit in their vocabulary. These young men have an amazing bond and the 2 who are out this week are devastated not singularly because they are injured but rather because they are afraid they've let their brothers down. So as far as far as the responses to "joking" comments go I think it's a good thing Midland fans are respectful. Furthermore bdubyab60 your deer hunting comment in your pickem thread was classless and disrespectful to our injured players, the rest of our Mustangs and our fans!
Mustang Pride,
XMF
I apologize. I meant no disrespect to Midland or it's fans. I made that comment knowing that if Midland was able to compete they would.

I will remove the comment

bdubyab60

Quote from: XtremeMustangFan on October 27, 2014, 10:31:52 pm
Mustang Pride,
XMF
I removed the comment and again I apologize for any disrespect to midland and their fans.

Pantherdaddy

Just curious how many players did yal start with back in aug?  Can u move up any jr hi kids?
Are there plans to get a field?

Fb is a tuff sport with 13-20 plyrs period. Wishing u guys the best.

playmaker04

Folks,don't take everything that's said on here so personal. If I took every comment that's been said about Cross County personal I would have went postal along time ago. Everyone knew several weeks ago Midland was having trouble with numbers. Nobody is questioning these kids hearts. If you go back to the thread where Midland beat rector you will see Bdub was one of the first to congratulate you on the first win in school history. I know a lot of Midland fans are new to this site and tend to get their feelings hurt. But most of us like Bdub and I either have kids playing or had kids that played. We respect what your school is doing and wish only the best for you in the future. Just relax and don't take everything so personal.☺

Mustang Fan

Quote from: Pantherdaddy on October 28, 2014, 05:50:48 am
Just curious how many players did yal start with back in aug?  Can u move up any jr hi kids?
Are there plans to get a field?

Fb is a tuff sport with 13-20 plyrs period. Wishing u guys the best.
We started with 15 senior high players.  Lost one earlier to decipline reasons.  Down to 14 with three injuries. There are 5 or 6 ninth graders. Coach tried to get them to move up earlier. Only one of them played last year on JV squad. So he decided to not move them up. There are plans for field. Hopefully next season we can have few home games.

birddawg1986

Yeah when they came to Marked Tree they had only 13. One got hurt first quarter (ankle # 7 I think),and they had just one sub. Kids played there tails off at MT that night. At least they got a victory though if they cant return to action this season. Hang in there Coach Pugh will get that program going.  :)

bdubyab60

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 28, 2014, 09:55:39 am
Folks,don't take everything that's said on here so personal. If I took every comment that's been said about Cross County personal I would have went postal along time ago. Everyone knew several weeks ago Midland was having trouble with numbers. Nobody is questioning these kids hearts. If you go back to the thread where Midland beat rector you will see Bdub was one of the first to congratulate you on the first win in school history. I know a lot of Midland fans are new to this site and tend to get their feelings hurt. But most of us like Bdub and I either have kids playing or had kids that played. We respect what your school is doing and wish only the best for you in the future. Just relax and don't take everything so personal.☺
Mine plays in the band playmaker but I know a lot of these boys. Some who very close friends with my son. We are basically family. Actually in Fayetteville for college bust today with my son and a couple of his friends.

XtremeMustangFan

Bdubyab60 thank you for removing the comment. Classless was definitely the wrong word and I apologize for that. Thank you to everyone who has had words of encouragement for our Mustangs. I wish all of you the best the remainder of the season and pray every player, coach, band member, cheerleader, referee and fan makes it to, through and home from every game safely! We should have a field by the start of next season. Hopefully numbers will continue to improve, starting with several capable and talented kids who've not played so far.
Mustang Pride,
XMF

MarionBlueDevil

Pulling for Midland from here on out. Playing varsity football with 13 young men probably wasn't a whole lot of fun, but was glad that they got them a win last week.

Keep fighting the good fight.

cuz

Quote from: XtremeMustangFan on October 28, 2014, 02:33:35 pm
Bdubyab60 thank you for removing the comment. Classless was definitely the wrong word and I apologize for that. Thank you to everyone who has had words of encouragement for our Mustangs. I wish all of you the best the remainder of the season and pray every player, coach, band member, cheerleader, referee and fan makes it to, through and home from every game safely! We should have a field by the start of next season. Hopefully numbers will continue to improve, starting with several capable and talented kids who've not played so far.
Mustang Pride,
XMF
Strong in the 8-2a is in the exact same boat. Kids played JC down to the final minute all out with no quit. That's hard to do against anyone let alone against JC. My hat was off to Strong and now Midland. Hampton isn't far behind. Heads up boys keep up the hard work.....

Proud Buckaroo

We are seeing a lot of schools in 2A having these low numbers. It's so hard to see those kind of things.

samschoice

I am pretty sure, that according to AAA rules, that if you forfeit one football game, you must forfeit the remaining games on your schedule as well...

bdubyab60

I didn't read that when I read about forefeit a but it could be true. It did say that you can't forefeit then turn around and schedule an opponent for the same week.

Doesn't seem right for anyone to have to forefeit one game and then not be able to have another game the rest of the year. Deserves some looking in too.

Jack1990

I didn't see that either.  Know that I have never heard of that rule but wouldn't be the first time that I misread something in the AAA handbook.  If someone finds that reference, please post it so we can all be aware of it.

Proud Buckaroo

I'm about to get on the AAA website right now and double check.

big E

Marvell did it last year forfeited 2 games then came back and beat Pw week 10 so keep your heads up Mustangs.

playmaker04

Quote from: big E on October 29, 2014, 07:54:08 am
Marvell did it last year forfeited 2 games then came back and beat Pw week 10 so keep your heads up Mustangs.
I was about to say the same thing.

Proud Buckaroo

I don't know where that rule was read, but I just looked/read all the football rules on the AAA handbook, and there is no such thing..

justalionfan

why can't the 2 schools met up and let them play like this team did.http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/26679638/sportsmanship-transcends-rankin-co-football-rivalry

put CC QB and Turner on midland and let the boys play.......

samschoice

I am not sure where it is stated in the rules, but the logic behind the rule is it could affect a team making the playoffs.  In conferences that have 1 or 2 superior programs, a lesser team might forfeit against them to get healthy (or stay healthy) so that they might have a chance to win against one of the lesser teams.  It would not be fair for that team that forfeited the win, to make the playoffs or knock another team out of the playoffs, that had completed all of their games.

I know that is how the rule used to be, but it could have changed.

Jack1990

Only reference I find that might apply is below...

Rule 4. DETERMINING ROUND-ROBIN CHAMPIONS
A. Conferences may use round-robin scheduling for determining conference champions, certifying teams
to state events, or seeding of tournaments on a percent basis of games won and lost if two-thirds of the
conference schools approve.
B. Any school failing to schedule a conference opponent or refusing to play a conference opponent
during the regular season or in district tournament play without just cause shall forfeit the contest and
shall not be eligible to compete for a championship in the sport. Any school refusing to play in a
regional tournament without just cause shall forfeit the contest and will not be allowed to advance to
the next round of championship play.

bdubyab60

I believe not having enough players to play this week is Just Cause.

Jack1990

Mustang Fan

At this point there is no chance for playoffs for Midland so do see where this rule should affect us

playmaker04

Quote from: justajacketfan on October 29, 2014, 10:45:52 am
why can't the 2 schools met up and let them play like this team did.http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/26679638/sportsmanship-transcends-rankin-co-football-rivalry

I'm sure Marquez would enjoy that but he graduated last year

blueandwhite

This is the reason why Arkansas needs to adopt 8 man or 6 man football

lilmomma0324

October 29, 2014, 04:32:09 pm #40 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:35:52 pm by lilmomma0324
Midland players, parents and fans are enjoying every minute of this season. We have had support from not only our community but from other schools. We have driven for hours to watch these amazing young men play and I would do it all over again. Our young men have been encouraged by opposing fans and coaches at Barton, Earle, and were fed after the game by EPC. Rector picked up our team when the bus wouldn't start at Paragould. Many poster on this website have encouraged us and you will never know how that has helped us! Thank you!
Many of us mothers feel our sons have gained more character and teamwork through the game of football than any sport they have played!
It hurts these boys more than anyone will know not be able to play Friday night! Good luck to all playing under the lights Friday night!  :)

justalionfan

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 29, 2014, 11:52:55 am
Quote from: justajacketfan on October 29, 2014, 10:45:52 am

I'm sure Marquez would enjoy that but he graduated last year

lol..... i meant davis......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas