• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Picks for Week 9

Started by Ole Man River, October 26, 2014, 04:13:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Man River

2 more weeks left in the Regular Season, OMR went 3-1 and is 33-11 on the year.  Here is the Standings as of now.

1. Gurdon                         6-2 (5-0) 65 Points
2. Mount Ida                     7-1 (5-0) 62 Points
3. Lafayette County           6-2 (4-1) 31 Points
4. Murfreesboro                5-3 (2-3) 26 Points
5. Dierks                          5-3 (2-3) 22 Points
6. Mineral Springs             1-6 (1-4) 13 Points
7. Foreman                      3-5 (1-4)  5 Points
8. Spring Hill                   0-7-1(0-5) 0 Points

So you can see, with 2 games left in the Regular season, it's still undecided who is going to be our 5 Play-off teams.  So on to this Week's Picks.

Spring Hill 0-7-1 (0-5) at Dierks 5-3 (2-3)
The Bears lost to Murfreesboro 30-6, while the Outlaws lost to Mount Ida 46-8.  Dierks won last year 40-0.  The Bears are the 1st team official out of the Play-offs this year.  With the lost to the Rattlers, if pretty much sent the Bears to the Basketball Court early.  But now they can play the spoiler for the Outlaws.  All the Outlaws has to do is win 1 of the remaining games to ensure themselves Post Season Play.  Whenever these two teams suit up, you can bet there will be some snot slung.  These teams love to hate each other.  (At least that's how it use to be).  The Outlaws better turn things around or they can join the Bears on the Basketball Court in 2 weeks.  OMR is going with Dierks 24-20.

Murfreesboro 5-3 (2-3) at Foreman 3-5 (1-4)
The Rattlers beat Spring Hill 30-6, while Foreman lost to Mineral Springs 44-25.  Murfreesboro won last year 34-13.  The Rattlers moved closer to Post Season play by taking care of business against SH.  Now they get a team that has lost their last 4 games.  With a win here, they will pretty much punch their ticket to the Play-offs.  Foreman has put themselves in a bad spot as of late.  Losing 4 in a row, and getting a hot Rattlers team this week, is not good for them.  They still has a shot at the Play-offs, but losing here will put them on the Basketball Court in two weeks also.  ORM is going with Murfreesboro 35-20.

Mineral Springs 1-6 (1-4) at Lafayette County 6-2 (4-1)
The Hornets beat Foreman 44-25, while Lafayette County lost to Gurdon 38-8.  Mineral Springs won last year 38-8.  The Hornets could pull off last year's feat by winning the last 2 games.  That's what they did last year to make the Play-offs.  Did I say this was a football game.  With the way these two teams has speed, it could be a track meet or you could get a basketball score.  The Cougars are in the Play-offs but they need to get back to winning, or they might not like their draw.  Win the game is all they are thinking about.  OMR is going with the Upset Mineral Springs 42-35.

The 7-2A Game of the Week.
Mount Ida 7-1 (5-0) at Gurdon 6-2 (5-0)
The Lions beat Dierks 46-8, while Gurdon beat LC 38-8.  These two teams did not play last year.  Well here it is Sport Fans.  The 7-2A Game of the Year.  Winner takes 1st and a pretty good Play-off draw.  The last time they met, the Lions went into Gurdon and came out with a win.  You can bet that is on the Go-Devils minds.  But this game will be a little different for the two teams.  Both teams come in to this game scoring a lot of points.  But Gurdon seems to be a little more battle tested.  Both teams has dominated oppenents in the Conference, and that what makes this game so hard to pick.  On one side of the field, you have a ground and pound offense and a get in your face defense.  On the other side, you have speed to burn, and a defense that won't let you get anything.  Coach White and his staff knows how to win, while Coach Jackson's staff is doing things in the heat of the moment and changes during the game to help his team win.  Mount Ida is playing very good ball while scoring a lot of points while doing this.  Gurdon is also playing good ball while rolling up a lot of points.  If OMR didn't have other obligations he would be at this game sitting under the pavillion signing autographs.  Get there early folks, and be prepared to stay late.  This one might need OT to decide the winner.  OMR is going with Gurdon 48-46.

So there it is Sport Fans, chime in and let me know what you think.  OMR OUT!!!!

cuz

Great recap OMR. I think the Gurdon-Mt Ida game really will be a good one...

JackofallTrades

Wow its amazing how LC could earn your respect by beating Dierks then lose it all of a sudden and they lost to a Gurdon team that took advantage of turnovers..but keep ya pick because if that offense don't show up you could be right but I hope they get things going in the right direction again. I respect ya pick but ill pray for a different outcome and hopefully not so close!!

cuz

OMR is going with the Upset Mineral Springs 42-35.
Not going to happen......... ;)

The_Devil_Himself

I don't see Mt. Ida scoring on Gurdon's defense at the same rate that Prescott or Smackover did.

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: cuz on October 26, 2014, 07:43:39 pm
OMR is going with the Upset Mineral Springs 42-35.
Not going to happen......... ;)
I Agree LC in a mercy Rule.

Jaybo

OMR trying to stir things up with the LC/MS pick. LOL  I agree with you OMR on the game between Mt. Ida and Gurdon in the sense that it will be a good one. I don't think there will be quite that many points put up. That one could go either way. Good luck to everyone and safe travels.

The_Devil_Himself

LC is definitely on the rise.

scoobysnack

I've only seen 4 Hornet games this year but no way they beat LC. Hornet offense is terrible and Burks and company will run for major yards. I went to homecoming and the only impressive thing i saw was the lack of speed on the Foreman side. LC wins by 20+. Dierks by 20+. Murfreesboro by 20+. With that being said I'm headed to G Town to watch what sets up to be a "slobber knocker" in the words of the infamous JR on Raw!!!! Gurdon 24 Mt Ida 20

tdmaker

Yea LC is on the rise.  They played Gurdon close for 2 and a half quarters.  6-0 before Gurdon broke it open midway through the third quarter with a pick six.  Im not sure Gurdon even had a first down til about midway through the 2nd quarter.  But hey you got to play 4 quarters.  The pick six made it 14-0 and LC came back and scored to make it 14-7 but it was all Gurdon after that.  Give them credit they played all four qts.  I would love to see a rematch of that game in the playoffs but it wouldn't happen unless Gurdon and LC are the two and three seeds.

Scenarios now: the top seed will go to Gurdon or Mt Ida.  LC is eliminated from the top spot. (wouldn't have enough points if three way tie)  They can still be co-champs if they win out and Mt Ida beats Gurdon.  The best they could do if that happened would be the three.  If Gurdon beats Mt. Ida and Lc beats Mineral the two seed and home playoff game will be determined week ten at Mt. Ida.

footballfrenzy

You must not have been at the Gurdon v LC game? Gurdons D dominated that game. Gurdon wins that game 10 out of 10 times. LC is improving but let's not give misleading comments on here. LC had just over 100 yards of offense with half of that coming on one play when the game was well in hand. The bias comments on here are puzzling.

tdmaker

you are making them that way.  you are trying to show that Gurdon absolutely manhandled LC and that was not true.  turnovers late made the game a blowout.  The td was scored right after the pick 6 and it made it 14-7.  Gurdons offense wasn't much better.  two of your scores came on defensive tds and another was good field position after another int.

LCC

Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 27, 2014, 10:14:33 am
You must not have been at the Gurdon v LC game? Gurdons D dominated that game. Gurdon wins that game 10 out of 10 times. LC is improving but let's not give misleading comments on here. LC had just over 100 yards of offense with half of that coming on one play when the game was well in hand. The bias comments on here are puzzling.
You must be referring to the 50+ yd TD run by the QB? That happened when Gurdon was up 14-0. That cut it to 14-7. The game wasn't "well in hand" at that point. I'm not saying LC is better than Gurdon, or should have won. The game wasn't well in hand until late in 3rd quarter.
Gurdon played well and deserved to win.

godgiven999

Gurdon had a first down in the first quarter on there first possession, fumbled first play of the second possession, Harvel had one carry in the first quarter. It was a tight game early but LC offense was dominated all game. The there loan score was a 55 yard bootleg that  tricked everyone in the stadium. Very nice play. He was at the 20 before I even realized who had the ball. Gurdon lived in LC's back field. The game was never a threat because LC couldn't move the ball. Keep in mind the reason Gurdon had 6 the first half was because we threw 2 picks in the first half.

LCC

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 27, 2014, 10:51:13 am
Gurdon had a first down in the first quarter on there first possession, fumbled first play of the second possession, Harvel had one carry in the first quarter. It was a tight game early but LC offense was dominated all game. The there loan score was a 55 yard bootleg that  tricked everyone in the stadium. Very nice play. He was at the 20 before I even realized who had the ball. Gurdon lived in LC's back field. The game was never a threat because LC couldn't move the ball. Keep in mind the reason Gurdon had 6 the first half was because we threw 2 picks in the first half.
I agree. Gurdon D shut down LC, but the reason it was close is the turnovers, like you said. Which means LC was in the right spot on defense. I think that TD play was an option, not a bootleg, but not sure. Good luck to Gurdon the rest of the way.

godgiven999

Quote from: LCC on October 27, 2014, 12:00:31 pm
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 27, 2014, 10:51:13 am
I agree. Gurdon D shut down LC, but the reason it was close is the turnovers, like you said. Which means LC was in the right spot on defense. I think that TD play was an option, not a bootleg, but not sure. Good luck to Gurdon the rest of the way.
I watched it on film, it was a bootleg, flow all went right and he faked the hand off and rolled back to the left and went untouched the the house, by the time a defender saw him it was too late

Blue

I can't see Mineral sneaking up on LC
LC 44
MS 16

Mt Ida claims the crown

Ida 37
Gurdon 22

cuz

Quote from: Blue on October 29, 2014, 06:51:15 pm
LC 44
MS 16

Mt Ida claims the crown

Ida 37
Gurdon 22
Everyone is picking Mt Ida over Gurdon, Mt Ida have played really no one. Heck Danville is 3-5 for the year and they're the best team they've faced. I got to go with Gurdon think they've too much speed for them.....

tacklethis...

Quote from: cuz on October 29, 2014, 07:02:46 pm
LC 44
MS 16

Mt Ida claims the crown

Ida 37
Gurdon 22
Everyone is picking Mt Ida over Gurdon, Mt Ida have played really no one. Heck Danville is 3-5 for the year and they're the best team they've faced. I got to go with Gurdon think they've too much speed for them.....

Mt. Ida may surprise Gurdon with their speed. Not sprinters speed like Gurdon, but lets say a couple of the Mt Ida backs carry their pads well. Can't count the Lions out of this one!

godgiven999

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 29, 2014, 08:18:07 pm
LC 44
MS 16

Mt Ida claims the crown

Ida 37
Gurdon 22

Mt. Ida may surprise Gurdon with their speed. Not sprinters speed like Gurdon, but lets say a couple of the Mt Ida backs carry their pads well. Can't count the Lions out of this one!
Mt. Iduh may surprise Gurdon with their speed  :-X  this made.me laugh out loud, seriously  ;D

tacklethis...

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 29, 2014, 09:49:08 pm
LC 44
MS 16

Mt Ida claims the crown

Ida 37
Gurdon 22

Mt. Iduh may surprise Gurdon with their speed  :-X  this made.me laugh out loud, seriously  ;D

If you haven't seen them play then maybe you shut your hole until you do.

G-HIGH

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 30, 2014, 03:48:30 am
LC 44
MS 16

Mt Ida claims the crown

Ida 37
Gurdon 22

[/quote
That goes both ways don't you think?

Mohawk 54

Quote from: G-HIGH on October 30, 2014, 05:50:07 am
LC 44
MS 16

Mt Ida claims the crown

Ida 37
Gurdon 22

[/quote
G-High, Tacklethis will tell us that he seen us in week four, and Mt.Ida is just going to beat the brackes off us. He will do this every week until we lose that he can say,I told you so.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Mohawk 54 on October 30, 2014, 06:24:37 am
Quote from: G-HIGH on October 30, 2014, 05:50:07 am
LC 44
MS 16

Mt Ida claims the crown

Ida 37
Gurdon 22

[/quote
G-High, Tacklethis will tell us that he seen us in week four, and Mt.Ida is just going to beat the brackes off us. He will do this every week until we lose that he can say,I told you so.

Not really that concerned who wins, just have seen both teams play and I think Mt Ida is better. I may be wrong, it won't be the first time. I was wrong last year...I thought Gurdon would beat Dierks by 21.

godgiven999

So he's trying to compare Mt Iduhs blowout of Dierks to Gurdon blow out of Dierks. Great Reasoning  :-X

tacklethis...

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 30, 2014, 08:11:35 am
So he's trying to compare Mt Iduhs blowout of Dierks to Gurdon blow out of Dierks. Great Reasoning  :-X

Be honest, have you even seen Gurdon play?

footballfrenzy

LC 44
MS 16

Mt Ida claims the crown

Ida 37
Gurdon 22

Upset much? Maybe we have seen them play, maybe we haven't. They are the same breed of athletes in Iduh every year. They are usually a tough group, but speed isn't their strong suit and they aren't going to be able to outrun people. They will not outrun Gurdon. If you want to beat Gurdon you better trick Gurdon bc running right at them is going to get them beat, quick.

GusBrown

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 30, 2014, 09:46:18 am
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 30, 2014, 08:11:35 am

Be honest, have you even seen Gurdon play?
I know for a fact he has seen them play.

outlaw2929

Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 30, 2014, 09:51:43 am
LC 44
MS 16

Mt Ida claims the crown

Ida 37
Gurdon 22

Upset much? Maybe we have seen them play, maybe we haven't. They are the same breed of athletes in Iduh every year. They are usually a tough group, but speed isn't their strong suit and they aren't going to be able to outrun people. They will not outrun Gurdon. If you want to beat Gurdon you better trick Gurdon bc running right at them is going to get them beat, quick.
#5 for mt Ida will be as fast as anyone on the field Friday night

tacklethis...

LC 44
MS 16

Mt Ida claims the crown

Ida 37
Gurdon 22

Surely you can read, I never said anything about them outrunning Gurdon. However, they do have more speed than the traditional Mt Ida teams of the past. Don't go out there thinking they are slow. But you can indeed lose to a slower team. You've proven that!

GusBrown

tacklethis...

Good luck to both teams. Hope for no injuries, both teams can win a couple in the playoffs for sure! Unlike some of the Gurdon fans, the players were classy!

tacklethis...

Quote from: GusBrown on October 30, 2014, 10:08:35 am
Do it Go-Devil style!

My phone wouldn't play it....a message kept popping up...warning you are about to see something extremely STUPID....

GusBrown

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 30, 2014, 10:16:39 am
Do it Go-Devil style!

My phone wouldn't play it....a message kept popping up...warning you are about to see something extremely STUPID....
Wait til after the game on Friday. It will sound better after Gurdon wins the conference for the 3rd time in 4 years.

tacklethis...

Quote from: GusBrown on October 30, 2014, 10:20:03 am
Do it Go-Devil style!

My phone wouldn't play it....a messagee kept popping up...warning you are about to see something extremely STUPID....
Wait til after the game on Friday. It will sound better after Gurdon wins the conference for the 3rd time in 4 years.

I hope it's still available after the second round.

GusBrown

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 30, 2014, 10:26:28 am
Quote from: GusBrown on October 30, 2014, 10:20:03 am
Do it Go-Devil style!

My phone wouldn't play it....a messagee kept popping up...warning you are about to see something extremely STUPID....

I hope it's still available after the second round.
It will. I just hope the rest of the teams in the 7-2A support their conference enough to support the lone team remaining.

tacklethis...

I seriously doubt you receive any support from the rest of the conference. I can't think of anyone that is into Gurdon...

GusBrown

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 30, 2014, 10:34:22 am
I seriously doubt you receive any support from the rest of the conference. I can't think of anyone that is into Gurdon...
I also doubt it. Some posters here have made Gurdon unlikeable when that's not the case. I hope all 7-2A teams are successful unless they are playing Gurdon. If Gurdon has an early exit come playoff time, I will be rooting for Mt. Ida, LC, or whoever is left.

tacklethis...

Quote from: GusBrown on October 30, 2014, 10:39:40 am
I also doubt it. Some posters here have made Gurdon unlikeable when that's not the case. I hope all 7-2A teams are successful unless they are playing Gurdon. If Gurdon has an early exit come playoff time, I will be rooting for Mt. Ida, LC, or whoever is left.

Your fans and posters could change that, if you wanted to. It's the non-humble attitude some Devils have. Your players acted very humble and well coached. Some fans should learn from the kids!

GusBrown

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 30, 2014, 10:47:10 am
Quote from: GusBrown on October 30, 2014, 10:39:40 am

Your fans and posters could change that, if you wanted to. It's the non-humble attitude some Devils have. Your players acted very humble and well coached. Some fans should learn from the kids!
you sir would be correct.

paraloma

Exactly. Gurdon wins big.

Mohawk 54

Quote from: outlaw2929 on October 30, 2014, 10:01:18 am
LC 44
MS 16

Mt Ida claims the crown

Ida 37
Gurdon 22

#5 for mt Ida will be as fast as anyone on the field Friday night
Agree outlaw, but I don't think the rest of Mt. Ida's will have as much speed as the Go-Devils. If 5 gets loose he can take it to the house.  Should be a good game.

GusBrown

The fastest 2 players on the field will be #3 and #4 for Gurdon.

godgiven999

GusBrown

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 30, 2014, 11:48:24 am
#21 and #11 as well
11 is a 6'3" WR made huge plays last year with a better QB. They have to get him involved more

FilmCrew

Quote from: paraloma on October 30, 2014, 11:22:22 am

Exactly. Gurdon wins big.

And Gurdon lost BIG to the "Someones" that they played...Again, does it matter if you play someone and get it ran up your backside? Does that make you better?

footballfrenzy

Humble? Gurdon got humiliated the first 2 weeks of the season. Most fans knew what was to come. It's not as if Gurdon fans are throwing out quotes of being world beaters, but Gurdon is the best team in the 7. There is nothing arrogant about stating facts. Gurdon will fully justify that Friday night. I am sure Iduh has a decent team. I am sure they have a couple playmakers on their team as well. They very well may be capable of winning tomorrow night. Like I have said, no one prepares his team to play a given game as well as Jackson. He plays the game on the field through his players. Unless Gurdon plays a team that has bonafide track stars Jackson will put his players in the exact position to make a stop. The difference in this game will be team speed and coaching. For that matter I don't see Gurdon losing to anyone else this year not named Junction City bc of superior preparation. He's that good. But who knows, this is 2A football and Iduh could win.

tacklethis...

Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 30, 2014, 12:16:47 pm
Humble? Gurdon got humiliated the first 2 weeks of the season. Most fans knew what was to come. It's not as if Gurdon fans are throwing out quotes of being world beaters, but Gurdon is the best team in the 7. There is nothing arrogant about stating facts. Gurdon will fully justify that Friday night. I am sure Iduh has a decent team. I am sure they have a couple playmakers on their team as well. They very well may be capable of winning tomorrow night. Like I have said, no one prepares his team to play a given game as well as Jackson. He plays the game on the field through his players. Unless Gurdon plays a team that has bonafide track stars Jackson will put his players in the exact position to make a stop. The difference in this game will be team speed and coaching. For that matter I don't see Gurdon losing to anyone else this year not named Junction City bc of superior preparation. He's that good. But who knows, this is 2A football and Iduh could win.

See, there is the arrogance. They are not the best in the 7 yet, and until you see White prepare his team then that is not a fact either.

footballfrenzy

Of course it's not a fact. This is a sports forum and unless statistics are being talked about everything said is an opinion.

FilmCrew

I think Michael White knows how to prepare a team for a Friday night football game. I guess it was an accident that he beat Junction City and Bearden on his way to the state title in 07'...I'm sure that Jackson did that on his way to his state title.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas