• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gurdon vs Mt Ida

Started by Jaybo, October 24, 2014, 09:48:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G-HIGH

Quote from: cuz on October 25, 2014, 10:06:31 pm
Calpreps see it this way............
[2014] Gurdon (AR) 28, [2014] Mount Ida (AR) 22
I think it could go either way but should be a close one..........
I see this score being more realistic than USA'S prediction. I believe it will be a hard fought game between two very well prepared teams.

footballfrenzy

Let me say this again...Gurdon will win this game and it will not be close. Don't look over this comment. I am telling you the future, soak it in.

Whatever Mt Iduh thinks they have will be shut down early and often by a well coached, undersized, fast defense. On offense Gurdon will score 30+. Good luck Iduh, y'all are going to need it. ;)

FilmCrew

Well, I like your confidence...So I am going to let you prove it. If Gurdon doesn't win by more than 30 you get off of Fearless for the rest of the year. Then we won't have to hear all of your excuses why they lost. Why don't you let us BOOK that? Let me say this again..If Gurdon wins by less than 30 you go away.

FilmCrew

Quote from: G-HIGH on October 25, 2014, 10:09:53 pm
I see this score being more realistic than USA'S prediction. I believe it will be a hard fought game between two very well prepared teams.

I have found that Calpreps are usually pretty close. I don't know what their % is but they seem to have a pretty good computer. I too think it could go either way, I have watched some film on Gurdon and it seems like they are pretty evenly matched.

HORNET-MAN

This Could go either way both teams are solid. Could come down to who makes the most mistakes. Good Luck to Both Teams.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 25, 2014, 10:30:52 pm
Quote from: G-HIGH on October 25, 2014, 10:09:53 pm

I have found that Calpreps are usually pretty close. I don't know what their % is but they seem to have a pretty good computer. I too think it could go either way, I have watched some film on Gurdon and it seems like they are pretty evenly matched.

Crawfishing already.

FilmCrew

Nah...I never said that Mount Ida would win by 30. Maybe while I'm at work tomorrow you can find where I posted that..You know work, where someone goes to...awe never mind you wouldn't understand..Enjoy that Obama Computer..

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 25, 2014, 10:57:08 pm
Nah...I never said that Mount Ida would win by 30. Maybe while I'm at work tomorrow you can find where I posted that..You know work, where someone goes to...awe never mind you wouldn't understand..Enjoy that Obama Computer..

That's funny. I'll probably pay in more in taxes this year than you've made your entire life.

FilmCrew

footballfrenzy

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 25, 2014, 10:25:55 pm
Well, I like your confidence...So I am going to let you prove it. If Gurdon doesn't win by more than 30 you get off of Fearless for the rest of the year. Then we won't have to hear all of your excuses why they lost. Why don't you let us BOOK that? Let me say this again..If Gurdon wins by less than 30 you go away.
I didn't say it'd be 30+ to 0 score, but it's not going to be close. Give me 2 TD's and you got yourself a deal, BUT only if Iduh loses by 3TD's you go away. I'm giving you a TD here.

FilmCrew

You said it won't be close...I don't consider 14 a blow out. I think even with your limited football knowledge you would agree with that.. So, I see 30 not being close.

I never said " I see the future", BOOK it, and anything else like that. To use one of your fellow kindred quotes..Crawfishing already??

godgiven999

Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 25, 2014, 11:15:40 pm
Quote from: FilmCrew on October 25, 2014, 10:25:55 pm
I didn't say it'd be 30+ to 0 score, but it's not going to be close. Give me 2 TD's and you got yourself a deal, BUT only if Iduh loses by 3TD's you go away. I'm giving you a TD here.
Sounds like Flim crew don't like us, I'm here for the long hall  ;D

FilmCrew

hahaha...I like everyone.

I think God has a special place in his heart for special people... And I think your Special  ;D

footballfrenzy

14 points isn't close. It's not a blowout, but it's not a edge of your chair, nail biting "close" game either. Give me 14 and I'll give you 21 and you have yourself a deal.

mtindian42

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4641157/highlights/191544933 this kid will give gurdon fits...tj Wilson. not saying Ida will win. but they have a good chance with this kid...

tacklethis...

He's not even the fast kid...

brotherdew

Quote from: cuz on October 25, 2014, 09:18:28 pm
Quote from: brotherdew on October 25, 2014, 09:06:56 pm
Cuz I was just picking at you. There are a lot of JC and 8-2A fans who do their best to remind us that we aren't as good as JC or Bearden.
I remember having fun jawing back and forth with you when I lived in Dierks and was hoping to stir some of that back up.
I guess I will have to wait till the playoffs for that. lol
No offense taken BD, it's been a while. Where you at now? You still reporting...........?
I am at the paper in Mt Ida now. I koved up here almost 2 years ago.

cuz

Proud for you a beautiful place to live, used to hunt all around up there...........

monster_island

Quote from: G-HIGH on October 25, 2014, 09:33:06 pm
USA Today score predictor for the Gurdon/LC game:
Gurdon 35
Laf Co.   7
Hmmmmm?

USA Today Score Predictor for Gurdon/Mt. Ida:
Gurdon 35
Mt. Ida 21

Interesting

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 18, 2014, 03:26:43 pm
USA today score predictor. mt Ida 33 dierks 31

Interesting

monster_island

October 26, 2014, 09:28:45 am #69 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:37:18 am by monster_island
calpreps
PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field [2007] Mount Ida (AR) 41, [2014] Mount Ida (AR) 19

[/quote]

This Mt. Ida team doesn't compare to the '07 team.

godgiven999

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 26, 2014, 01:26:36 am
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4641157/highlights/191544933 this kid will give gurdon fits...tj Wilson. not saying Ida will win. but they have a good chance with this kid...
He looks good but he's about to see the best secondary he's faced all season. They are fast. He might hit some passes but can he do it consistently against a team that has already recorded 22 Int's on the season? Gurdon D out scored a 6-1 LC team last week 14-7

godgiven999

After watching MT Iduh on film scheduling will setup nice for Gurdon, LC and Iduh look to run the same offense, LC more speed, Mt Iduh more power. Iduh Qb looks to have the deep ball down right now, Im interested to see the deep ball match up against the Gurdon secondary that has 22 Ints so far this season. Should be good! I think it will be a tight game early but I think Gurdon speed shows up late first half and again midway through the 3rd and into the 4th. Gurdon rotates 3 at TailBack to keep them fresh, all 3 have Track speed! Gurdon by 13

tacklethis...

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 26, 2014, 07:40:47 pm
After watching MT Iduh on film scheduling will setup nice for Gurdon, LC and Iduh look to run the same offense, LC more speed, Mt Iduh more power. Iduh Qb looks to have the deep ball down right now, Im interested to see the deep ball match up against the Gurdon secondary that has 22 Ints so far this season. Should be good! I think it will be a tight game early but I think Gurdon speed shows up late first half and again midway through the 3rd and into the 4th. Gurdon rotates 3 at TailBack to keep them fresh, all 3 have Track speed! Gurdon by 13

He's not gonna throw it but about 5 times. If you can stop the short game you win. If not you won't get many offensive opportunities. It will be a physical game up front...

I'm excited to see how fast #5 really is...

G-HIGH

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 26, 2014, 08:04:43 pm

He's not gonna throw it but about 5 times. If you can stop the short game you win. If not you won't get many offensive opportunities. It will be a physical game up front...

If you're referring to a Gurdon back who wears #5 there isn't one.
#3. J. Harvell
#21 A. Leeper
#24 D. Haynie

Jaybo

Quote from: G-HIGH on October 26, 2014, 09:54:51 pm

#3. J. Harvell
#21 A. Leeper
#24 D. Haynie

I think he's talking about Mt. Ida's #5.

The_Devil_Himself

Riddle me this Filmcrew, who is the best team Mt. Ida has played this year?

G-HIGH

Quote from: Jaybo on October 26, 2014, 10:22:17 pm
Quote from: G-HIGH on October 26, 2014, 09:54:51 pm

#3. J. Harvell
#21 A. Leeper
#24 D. Haynie

I think he's talking about Mt. Ida's #5.
My bad.  ;D

G-HIGH

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 26, 2014, 10:29:25 pm
The 3 win Little Johnny's

tacklethis...

Quote from: G-HIGH on October 26, 2014, 10:34:16 pm
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 26, 2014, 10:29:25 pm
The 3 win Little Johnny's

Your point is? Danville has lost to 4a Dardenelle, 3a Charleston, Booneville...is Prescott and Smackover as good as these teams?

FilmCrew

G-HIGH

October 27, 2014, 08:38:16 am #80 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:40:04 am by G-HIGH
Crickets? Some people work for a living.
So Ida saw what a good team is like by way of Danville? Is that what your saying? Charleston beats Danville and Danville beats y'all.
Smackover beat us AND LC convincingly and smacktown honks were saying GURDON would lose to LC. But we didn't. Not even close. Just saying Danville is the best team y'all have see no matter who beat them. Doesn't matter if Prescott or Smackover are as good as these teams. That remains to be seen later on maybe. At least Gurdon was actually on the field to take their butt whipping and didn't have some team they beat on come in and do it for them. Big deal. It was dumb of me to say that anyway. None of them will be in Gurdon Friday. Right? We will get to see a great game and move on .... Hopefully. If Devil can leave the Dierks boys alone.  Lol

tacklethis...

Quote from: G-HIGH on October 27, 2014, 08:38:16 am
So Ida saw what a good team is like by way of Danville? Is that what your saying? Charleston beats Danville and Danville beats y'all.
Smackover beat us AND LC convincingly and smacktown honks were saying GURDON would lose to LC. But we didn't. Not even close. Just saying Danville is the best team y'all have see no matter who beat them. Doesn't matter if Prescott or Smackover are as good as these teams. That remains to be seen later on maybe. At least Gurdon was actually on the field to take their butt whipping and didn't have some team they beat on come in and do it for them. Big deal. It was dumb of me to say that anyway. None of them will be in Gurdon Friday. Right? We will get to see a great game and move on .... Hopefully. If Devil can leave the Dierks boys alone.  Lol

Well if it don't matter why was the comment made?

tdmaker

[clap] [slap]
It's Great To Be A Go-Devil!!
View Profile
Personal Message (Online)

Re: Gurdon vs Mt Ida

« Reply #80 on: Today at 08:38:16 am »

Not even close?  The score wasn't a good indicator of the way the LC Gurdon game went.  I bet Gurdon doesn't want to see LC down the road again.  LC was in that game for long while.

footballfrenzy

LC was in that game bc of 2 Gurdon ints in the 1st half. LC had no shot to win that game. Their offense was anemic and couldn't do anything vs Gurdon. The lone LC TD was in practical garbage time and it was a bootleg. Gurdon beats LC 10 out of 10 times played wherever. Don't give misleading comments on here. What'd LC have? 100 total yards and 45 of that was when the game was well in hand on one play.

tdmaker

garbage time 14-0!!!!!!????? It was third qt and drive right after the pick 6.... made it 14-7...  Burks had 125 yards rushing and the qb bootleg that was supposedly in garbage time was over 40 yards.  And exactly how many yards did the go devils have?  two ints.  no first downs until midway thru second qt.  Come-on man admit it lc was in that game and yal want no part of them again.  turnovers late made that game a blowout.

tacklethis...

From what I understand wasn't the game tied at 0 until late in second qtr?

G-HIGH

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 27, 2014, 09:09:49 am
Quote from: G-HIGH on October 27, 2014, 08:38:16 am

Well if it don't matter why was the comment made?
Y'all would argue with a signpost i swear.
Man says he shouldn't have said something he means it.

tdmaker

right tacklethis....6-0 at half

godgiven999

Quote from: tdmaker on October 27, 2014, 10:17:31 am
garbage time 14-0!!!!!!????? It was third qt and drive right after the pick 6.... made it 14-7...  Burks had 125 yards rushing and the qb bootleg that was supposedly in garbage time was over 40 yards.  And exactly how many yards did the go devils have?  two ints.  no first downs until midway thru second qt.  Come-on man admit it lc was in that game and yal want no part of them again.  turnovers late made that game a blowout.
By definition LC was in the game, until midway through the third. Although I don't beleive anyone thought the game was ever in question. LC offense was swallowed all game with the exception of the bootleg that went for 55 yards. Nice play   

G-HIGH

It was what Gurdon did with the turnovers. GURDON coughed up a few in the first half. LC makes good use of them and we have a different outcome. Why wouldn't we want them again? We will play them next year at their place for sure. And if GURDON can't get it done LC will win. And I, unlike others on this board, will call a W a W and an L an L.
It kills me when a team gets beat and tries to make it less than what it was. A loss. Doesn't matter if its a lower case w or a big giant W. LC was in that game I agree to that. I saw all their players get off the bus and take the field.

G-HIGH

October 27, 2014, 11:06:04 am #90 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:08:42 am by G-HIGH
garbage time 14-0!!!!!!????? It was third qt and drive right after the pick 6.... made it 14-7...  Burks had 125 yards rushing with ZERO TDs and the qb bootleg that was supposedly in garbage time was over 40 yards.  And exactly how many yards did the go devils have?  two ints.  no first downs until midway thru second qt.  Come-on man admit it lc was in that game and yal want no part of them again.  turnovers late made that game a blowout.

mtindian42

sounds like LC beat themselves with turnovers...

outlaws4life26

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 27, 2014, 02:50:31 pm
Sometimes turnovers are the teams fault. Some times it is the defense that causes the turnovers. When u carry the ball like a loaf a bread and fumble yeah its there fault but when u are getting the ball punched out its good defense. Int are the same way some self inflicted and some great defensive plays so to say they beat themselves with turnovers is not always true u go against good defenses and turnovers happen. Looks like Gurdon and Mt. Ida are playing good ball right now. If i wasn't a diehard Outlaw fan i would love to make it to Gurdon for this game. Good luck to both teams.

mtindian42

Quote from: outlaws4life26 on October 27, 2014, 03:20:58 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on October 27, 2014, 02:50:31 pm
Sometimes turnovers are the teams fault. Some times it is the defense that causes the turnovers. When u carry the ball like a loaf a bread and fumble yeah its there fault but when u are getting the ball punched out its good defense. Int are the same way some self inflicted and some great defensive plays so to say they beat themselves with turnovers is not always true u go against good defenses and turnovers happen. Looks like Gurdon and Mt. Ida are playing good ball right now. If i wasn't a diehard Outlaw fan i would love to make it to Gurdon for this game. Good luck to both teams.
wasn't taking anything away from gurdon...just sounded like the game was closer then the score indicated...and it seems to me that LC beat themselves,  this is just my opinion...

godgiven999

No, Gurdon beat LC, the outcome was due to Gurdon speed and Defense.

LCC

footballfrenzy

Quote from: LCC on October 27, 2014, 04:23:31 pm
Mt Ida 35
Gurdon 14
Sound the sore loser alarm! Iduh isn't scoring 35 on Gurdon. Aint. Gone. Happen.

G-HIGH

Quote from: LCC on October 27, 2014, 04:23:31 pm
Mt Ida 35
Gurdon 14
So Gurdon is going to only be able to score 14 on Ida?
Which would make them about as potent vs the lion defense as Spring Hill or Mineral Springs?
Don't see that at all. Sorry.

swarfan

Couple of things:
1) Gurdon dominated LC, but LC's touchdown didn't come during garbage time.  Gurdon was up 14-0 at the time.  In the Go-Devils defense, it did appear to be blown defensive assignments as the OLB and DE both crashed inside on the play leaving the outside wide open for the QB. 

2) Mt Ida has not seen the speed they will see Friday night.  Gurdon has 3-4 kids that can absolutely fly.  No way Mt Ida holds Gurdon's offense to less than 3-4 TD's.  The secondary for the Go-Devils is 1000x better than the Outlaws secondary that was torched last week by Mt Ida.  I'll predict a Def/ST score for Gurdon as well. 

I'm going with the Go-Devils in this one 34-14. 

The_Devil_Himself

I asked a pretty simple question. Gurdon has played Prescott, Smackover, and Lafayette County, who have a combined record of 21-3.......those three losses coming at the hands of Junction City, Smackover, and Gurdon. Gurdon is battle tested. Can the same be said for Mt. Ida?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas