• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gurdon vs Mt Ida

Started by Jaybo, October 24, 2014, 09:48:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 31, 2014, 12:03:34 pm
That would be the mighty LIONS of Mount Ida

And now you guys want to talk about the jr. High game. Isn't that a separate forum?

FilmCrew

Festus Haggen of Fearless Friday..

I just asked if high school ran the same offense as the junior high...Why does it matter old man? If you don't like it, go away...

tacklethis...

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 31, 2014, 04:36:37 pm
Quote from: tacklethis... on October 31, 2014, 12:07:55 pm
Quote from: FilmCrew on October 30, 2014, 09:05:37 pm
Mount Ida streams their games on the internet.

Score? I thought they would win, Mt. Ida has a lot to look forward to!

So does Gurdon.

Yep, being the same conference as Prescott!

footballfrenzy

M.I. D

6-0 gurdon end 1st. Mount Ida scored and the closest red held up both hands for touchdown but evidently not. Hmmmmm

godgiven999

Quote from: M.I. D on October 31, 2014, 07:27:27 pm
6-0 gurdon end 1st. Mount Ida scored and the closest red held up both hands for touchdown but evidently not. Hmmmmm
Hold on and I will start a excuse thread!

cuz

M.I. D

12-8 gurdon 3 min in 2nd

cuz

SelfBuiltFab

M.I. D

12-8 half. Mount Ida with a big goal line stand to end the half!!!!

SelfBuiltFab

Quote from: M.I. D on October 31, 2014, 07:58:56 pm
12-8 half. Mount Ida with a big goal line stand to end the half!!!!

Lol. True story, but how about that Gurdon defense with their goal line stand? No hands ever went up my friend.

M.I. D

swarfan

Gurdon still up 19-16

Just sacked Mt Ida at the Gurdon 19 on a 4th down to take over on downs with 3:34

swarfan

Harvill goes 81 yrds for a touchdown on the next play to put Gurdon up 25-16.

swarfan

October 31, 2014, 09:23:41 pm #215 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:27:09 pm by swarfan
Harvill with an INT and return to the 1yrd line with 1:35 left

Marlow scores on the next play.  Gurdon up 32-16.

godgiven999

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 30, 2014, 11:43:40 am
It will be the first competition Iduh has faced. Hurd on will make Iduh throw, we will have 8 in the box most plays and will roll corners down as well. Gurdon on wants Iduh to throw to our Bawl Hawks and they will and Iduh will throw there first int in this game!
Mt Iduh throws their first INT to give Gurdon number 23 on the season!

swarfan

And that's all folks

Gurdon 32-16 final!

SelfBuiltFab

Well I sure enjoyed the game!!! Had to hold my breath for a few, but Jackie Harvells SPEED sure cured my ill. Not the worst officiated game we've seen this year but the ball spots were TERRIBLE!!! I told you guys that we fans would bring the house down and we did. FIFTY YARD LINE CREW ALL NIGHT LONG. Good game folks. See y'all later! GO DEVILS!!!!

The_Devil_Himself

The_Devil_Himself

godgiven999

October 31, 2014, 09:52:13 pm #221 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 12:09:08 am by godgiven999
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 31, 2014, 09:25:55 pm
It will be the first competition Iduh has faced. Gurdon  will make Iduh throw, we will have 8 in the box most plays, and will roll corners down as well. Gurdon wants Iduh to throw to our Bawl Hawks and they will, and Iduh will throw their first int in this game!
Well
;D

baseballgod91

godgiven999

whoknows

Sounds like a heck of a game

whoknows

And congrats to Gurdon on the conference championship...

G-HIGH

Mount Ida is one heck of a ball team.
What a battle.
That Lil #8 is a hard one to nail down.
Great game.

G-HIGH

Quote from: swarfan on October 27, 2014, 06:23:18 pm
Couple of things:
1) Gurdon dominated LC, but LC's touchdown didn't come during garbage time.  Gurdon was up 14-0 at the time.  In the Go-Devils defense, it did appear to be blown defensive assignments as the OLB and DE both crashed inside on the play leaving the outside wide open for the QB. 

2) Mt Ida has not seen the speed they will see Friday night.  Gurdon has 3-4 kids that can absolutely fly.  No way Mt Ida holds Gurdon's offense to less than 3-4 TD's.  The secondary for the Go-Devils is 1000x better than the Outlaws secondary that was torched last week by Mt Ida.  I'll predict a Def/ST score for Gurdon as well. 

I'm going with the Go-Devils in this one 34-14.
Hats off to this prediction. So close.

G-HIGH

Quote from: G-HIGH on October 25, 2014, 09:33:06 pm
USA Today score predictor for the Gurdon/LC game:
Gurdon 35
Laf Co.   7
Hmmmmm?

USA Today Score Predictor for Gurdon/Mt. Ida:
Gurdon 35
Mt. Ida 21

Interesting

Yes it is still interesting

SelfBuiltFab

I'm just waiting to see how many of the downers in this thread actually come back. I swear to you that if Gurdon would've lost I'd've been right here, congratulating Ida!

Mt. Ida DID show Gurdon something tonigt they'd never seen before. That offense was something to see. Gash, gash, gash. We never knew who had the ball!!!! But, at some point, one dimensional football fails.

The crucial 4th down stop by Gurdon's D in the 4th was really a coaching communication failure that we capitalized on. I also don't think that Mt. Ida has had to deal with the crowd noise like they dealt with tonight. Anyone could see that it was finally getting to them late in the third.

I truely enjoyed the game, and I was nice not to see a blowout. A reall tight game. The score does not represent the game well. Overall, I'll give a game ball to Jackie Harvell. Two TDs and a pick tonight. Jockstrap... As usual goes to the refs. I cannot stand that crew. Period.

In closing. GURDON FANS!!! Please stop making us all look bad by posting irrelevant stuff. 👍 GO DEVILS!!!!!

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: G-HIGH on October 31, 2014, 11:51:03 pm
Quote from: swarfan on October 27, 2014, 06:23:18 pm
Couple of things:
1) Gurdon dominated LC, but LC's touchdown didn't come during garbage time.  Gurdon was up 14-0 at the time.  In the Go-Devils defense, it did appear to be blown defensive assignments as the OLB and DE both crashed inside on the play leaving the outside wide open for the QB. 

2) Mt Ida has not seen the speed they will see Friday night.  Gurdon has 3-4 kids that can absolutely fly.  No way Mt Ida holds Gurdon's offense to less than 3-4 TD's.  The secondary for the Go-Devils is 1000x better than the Outlaws secondary that was torched last week by
Mt Ida.  I'll predict a Def/ST score for Gurdon as well. 

I'm going with the Go-Devils in this one 34-14.
Hats off to this prediction. So close.

Spot on.

godgiven999

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 31, 2014, 09:52:13 pm
It will be the first competition Iduh has faced. Gurdon  will make Iduh throw, we will have 8 in the box most plays, and will roll corners down as well. Gurdon wants Iduh to throw to our Bawl Hawks and they will, and Iduh will throw their first int in this game!
Well
;D
I was spot on as well ;D

The_Devil_Himself

Tough scheduling and tough practices have paid off. Like LC, Mt. Ida hung tough for a good while but could never seem to take the lead. When they started having to roll the dice, Gurdon exploded on them.

bakbakbak

Parker Whitson gets my game ball.His passing opened it up for Jackie,Zo,and Red.He had a rough game against Laf county.He bounced back and was firing the ball around the field.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 01, 2014, 12:09:38 am
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 31, 2014, 09:52:13 pm
Well
;D
I was spot on as well ;D

Absolutely!

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 31, 2014, 10:53:20 am
223 and you had a couple of long plays as I remember against Mineral that added to that total.  I don't think you will have the big plays against Mt. Ida and this will frustrate your kids and play into your defense and cause them to over play.  Mt. Ida 20 Gurdon 13
;D

godgiven999

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 31, 2014, 11:19:11 am
223 and you had a couple of long plays as I remember against Mineral that added to that total.  I don't think you will have the big plays against Mt. Ida and this will frustrate your kids and play into your defense and cause them to over play.  Mt. Ida 20 Gurdon 13
Well what is your definition of over playing on Defense? Gurdon will stack the box and dare Iduh to throw into the nasty secondary! Iduh will throw the first Int in this game. I don't think the question is how many points Gurdon scores because they will break a couple of long ones. The question is how is Iduh going to score when they can't run the ball and are forced to throw? That will be the deciding factor in this game.  Iduh passing offense vs Gurdon Secondary!
I hit this one on the head too  ;D

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: dart on October 28, 2014, 11:52:44 pm
I call all you gurdon people just braggerts and we will see how you do friday night

Bragging and recognizing the obvious are not the same thing. Know the difference.

tacklethis...

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 01, 2014, 12:19:49 am
Quote from: dart on October 28, 2014, 11:52:44 pm
I call all you gurdon people just braggerts and we will see how you do friday night

Bragging and recognizing the obvious are not the same thing. Know the difference.

Congrats to the Devils, I thought Mt. Ida was the better team but I was wrong. Good luck in the playoffs, your team deserves a good run after the stupid draws you've received in years past. I hope their were no injuries from either team.

M.I. D

It was a good hard fought game. The gurdon qb played much better than I expect and #3 is dangerous if he gets loose.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 31, 2014, 05:40:46 pm
Festus Haggen of Fearless Friday..

I just asked if high school ran the same offense as the junior high...Why does it matter old man? If you don't like it, go away...

It's obvious what you're doing. You want to rub it in about the jr high game. You're even hoping you'll solicit some "excuses". You know the outcome was a bit controversial and the Gurdon folks left mad.

So, how did last night make you feel, buddy?
32-16
GURDON GO-DEVILS2014 2A-7 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

Jaybo

Congrats to the Devils on a hard fought victory and the 2014 conference title. Sounded like it was a nail biter until the end. Good job to both teams. Good luck to both in the playoffs.

RabidWolf

November 01, 2014, 02:57:20 pm #242 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 03:01:27 pm by RabidWolf
I got there shortly after the 1st score of the game. It was a great game. Not knowing anyone go sit with, I stood on the fence line. Don't let the score fool ya, this game could've gone either way until about 4min left in the 4th.  Great goal line stand by Mt Ida going into half. Gurdon returned the favor later in the game. Two very good teams. Gurdon came out throwing. Which surprised me. Number 8 for Mt Ida is one tough kid. Noticed him getting rocked, getting up limping, but kept playing. Great atmosphere. Group of Gurdon fans can sure make so noise up there. And the Mt Ida faithful were fun to talk to at half.

Fantastic game. Amazing atmosphere. What high school football is all about.

baseballgod91

Poyen got their 22nd and 23rd thursday night

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: bakbakbak on November 01, 2014, 12:11:56 am
Parker Whitson gets my game ball.His passing opened it up for Jackie,Zo,and Red.He had a rough game against Laf county.He bounced back and was firing the ball around the field.

Anybody know what his numbers looked like for the game?

GusBrown

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 01, 2014, 04:07:50 pm

15-20 240 yds. 1 TD 0 int

monster_island

Congratulations to the Gurdon football team on a great win. Good luck in the playoffs.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 01, 2014, 12:19:31 am
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 31, 2014, 11:19:11 am
Well what is your definition of over playing on Defense? Gurdon will stack the box and dare Iduh to throw into the nasty secondary! Iduh will throw the first Int in this game. I don't think the question is how many points Gurdon scores because they will break a couple of long ones. The question is how is Iduh going to score when they can't run the ball and are forced to throw? That will be the deciding factor in this game.  Iduh passing offense vs Gurdon Secondary!
I hit this one on the head too  ;D
8)

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: GusBrown on November 01, 2014, 06:42:46 pm
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 01, 2014, 04:07:50 pm

15-20 240 yds. 1 TD 0 int

Wow!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas