• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Earle-EPC Game Thread

Started by MarionBlueDevil, October 20, 2014, 04:01:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Jamon

Epc wins 28-26 on a int to seal it

Donnie Jamon

Keep the Earle bashing out this thread. Both teams played there guts out. No negative talk please. Just congratulate both teams and move on

cuz

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 24, 2014, 09:43:17 pm
Keep the Earle bashing out this thread. Both teams played there guts out. No negative talk please. Just congratulate both teams and move on
Congrats to both teams.....

Donnie Jamon

Thx Cuz. Couldn't have done it w/o you

cuz

October 24, 2014, 09:50:07 pm #104 Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:01:22 pm by cuz
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 24, 2014, 09:48:53 pm
Thx Cuz. Couldn't have done it w/o you
You got it DJ looks like Bro did another good job............

Bodyguard

Good game EPC and I hope your guys so well the rest of the way...

bdubyab60

I tell you what. Man am I glad I was wrong a pick gladly missed. What a difference week makes. Earle is super physical but we answered the bell. 11 and 4 can flat out go for Earle.

Great physical game by both teams glad we came out on top.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Bodyguard on October 24, 2014, 10:13:04 pm
Good game EPC and I hope your guys so well the rest of the way...
Thanks bodyguard. Same to you guys.

Donnie Jamon

bdubyab60

playmaker04

I told you epc wouldn't lose 2 in a row at home.

66SSV

So if Earle can hold off CC it's a 3 way tie for first?  Who hold the tie breaker?

bdubyab60

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 24, 2014, 10:25:43 pm
I told you epc wouldn't lose 2 in a row at home.
You were correct also sir. Like I said though a pick well missed.

Donnie Jamon

CC will if they don't get beat bad

bdubyab60

Quote from: 66SSV on October 24, 2014, 10:27:58 pm
So if Earle can hold off CC it's a 3 way tie for first?  Who hold the tie breaker?
CC right now with a max win over EPC

66SSV

So that put EPC 2nd since they have the head to head with Earle unless Earle gets the max on CC right.

bdubyab60

October 24, 2014, 10:42:52 pm #116 Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:26:08 pm by bdubyab60
You are correct. Earle has to beat CC by more than 2. EPC has to max out to force it though.

hssportfan

Great game to say the least. Earle is by far the most physical team we've  played. I think EPC caught Earle offguard with the play calling early. I don't think Scales threw a pass until the second half but the heavy dose of run calls opened up the pass midway thru the third quarter. These were two very athletic teams in a heavyweight fight tonite, glad we were ahead at the end.

Bodyguard

Yea Scales was impressive when it counted tonight, that Slant was the difference tonight in play calling, we couldn't stop it at the end.... I couldn't end this without giving a shout out to our premier player tonight, #4 "Funky," he played Big tonight and should have got major looks from those ASU scouts in attendance... Great game tonight, as much as you can ask for out of a Friday Night under the lights...

bdubyab60

Quote from: Bodyguard on October 24, 2014, 11:21:49 pm
Yea Scales was impressive when it counted tonight, that Slant was the difference tonight in play calling, we couldn't stop it at the end.... I couldn't end this without giving a shout out to our premier player tonight, #4 "Funky," he played Big tonight and should have got major looks from those ASU scouts in attendance... Great game tonight, as much as you can ask for out of a Friday Night under the lights...
4 is a beast for sure. When you tackle that kid you better have your big boy britches own.

hssportfan

#4 gave us fits all nite. Earle's freshman qb is the real deal also.

Bodyguard

October 24, 2014, 11:29:18 pm #121 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:56:12 am by Bodyguard
Good game Doggs and Wariors.

NEark tigers

First and foremost, great game in Northeast Arkansas between Earle and EPC tonight.....

When you leave four points (two 2-pt conversions) on the table, it will haunt you in the end. The Bulldogs are probably making less than 50% of its 2xp's, and that was one of the factors to the loss tonight.

Bodyguard

Yea Earle and EPC need to understand that very few teams have ever made it all the way without a place kicker, you need one to be truly successful but O well to that. A entire strategy was left out, play for the Field Goal... It was a good game... 

bdubyab60

Its kind of a lost thing at this level. Few teams have good kickers.

Bodyguard

It's a shame, I bet JC got one...

bdubyab60

Quote from: Bodyguard on October 24, 2014, 11:57:52 pm
It's a shame, I bet JC got one...
And gets a lot of practice. lol

dragondad

We have two, both made more than one tonight.

Bodyguard

bdubyab60

Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 12:02:59 am
like I said lots of practice.

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 25, 2014, 12:03:54 am
Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 12:02:59 am
like I said lots of practice.
lol. it done won them 1 state title...

dragondad

Don't know how they'd do on anything further than a PA, but they're pretty solid at that distance.

MarionBlueDevil

Congrats to EPC and their fans. Big win for the Warriors. These last two weeks will be very, very interesting now.

bdubyab60

Still plenty of ball to be played for sure.

playmaker04

Quote from: Bodyguard on October 24, 2014, 11:47:12 pm
Yea Earle and EPC need to understand that very few teams have ever made it all the way without a place kicker, you need one to be truly successful but O well to that. A entire strategy was left out, play for the Field Goal... It was a good game...
CC was 2-8 on xpa tonight against Rector. Been an issue all year for us.

Dogg

Slobber knocker! Congrats to EPC.  Mark it down Earle will beat CC and cover the points.

bdubyab60

I would expect it to be a close game.

playmaker04

Quote from: Dogg on October 25, 2014, 02:38:00 pm
Slobber knocker! Congrats to EPC.  Mark it down Earle will beat CC and cover the points.
and the smack talk begins,lol

ISU7

October 25, 2014, 06:48:21 pm #138 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:28:24 pm by ISU7
Someone's missing, someone who had been talking the entire week before the game...Oh  PIT BULL.... 8) ;D

cuz

Quote from: ISU7 on October 25, 2014, 06:48:21 pm
Someone's missing, someone who had been talking the entire week before the game...Oh  PITBULL.... 8) ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I think all the Dog's have left the building..........lol

Dogg

The greatest a Dogg of all is still barking!!
I would have loved to run over some of those Dragons in my day. Nothing better than high school football!!!

Pit Bull

Someone's missing, someone who had been talking the entire week before the game...Oh  PIT BULL.... 8) ;D

Go back and check the thread Boss, I never talked trash on this Game cause I knew EPC would be cheating Boss... Evenso, had the Earle QB not went out Earle more than likely would have walked away with the win... Doesn't matter now but you owe me a apology cause my only comments on this one were, "It should be a good game!" And that it was...

Pit Bull

Quote from: cuz on October 25, 2014, 07:40:29 pm
Someone's missing, someone who had been talking the entire week before the game...Oh  PITBULL.... 8) ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I think all the Dog's have left the building..........lol

No one has went anywhere but UCA for homecoming.... P ;D :D ;D ;D ;D Had a blast too...

bdubyab60

Quote from: Pit Bull on October 26, 2014, 07:27:34 pm

Go back and check the thread Boss, I never talked trash on this Game cause I knew EPC would be cheating Boss... Evenso, had the Earle QB not went out Earle more than likely would have walked away with the win... Doesn't matter now but you owe me a apology cause my only comments on this one were, "It should be a good game!" And that it was...
You can take that cheating quote someplace else. QB wasn't helping you guys on defense and 4 more than filled in for him on the one drive. QB is a beast as is number 4, already mentioned. Anyone plating Earle will have their hands full with those 2 for sure. QB is a freshman isn't he? If so he's gonna be really something by his senior year. Big kid that can move, hard to bring down and a good arm.

Penalties were about even, had a couple of clock malfunctions that were corrected.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 26, 2014, 08:02:13 pm

You can take that cheating quote someplace else. QB wasn't helping you guys on defense and 4 more than filled in for him on the one drive. QB is a beast as is number 4, already mentioned. Anyone plating Earle will have their hands full with those 2 for sure. QB is a freshman isn't he? If so he's gonna be really something by his senior year. Big kid that can move, hard to bring down and a good arm.

Penalties were about even, had a couple of clock malfunctions that were corrected.

Penalties about even huh?? At the Earle-EPC football game? You sure?

bdubyab60

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on October 26, 2014, 09:02:15 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 26, 2014, 08:02:13 pm

Penalties about even huh?? At the Earle-EPC football game? You sure?
It wasn't severely lopsided and you know it. Earle did not get cheated. They got beat plain and simple. Earle had at least 4 personal foul/unsportsmanlike conducts called and a all were the correct calls and many of them dead ball fouls at that. Whos fault is that? We had several huge penalties ourselves. And there were only 2 penalties called that really could have effected the game and both of those were called against EPC.

I knew this would be an excuse by someone sooner or later. No one can ever take defeat graciously. Always one in the bunch and ill admit sometimes its me.

Fact is, is that this was a heck of a ballgame between 2 pretty good teams. Both teams making big plays on offense and defense and EPC came out on top this time.

nightowl

Take that one incomplete pass back that had two officials  one rule. Right it was an incomplete pass . The other rule catch. Same play the white hat rule touch down. As a Division 1 official  I rule that it was an incomplete pass . Which means Earle would have won the game. And on my Friday nights off I will be at a game that I think will be good .

mrkingark

Quote from: nightowl on October 28, 2014, 11:01:13 pm
Take that one incomplete pass back that had two officials  one rule. Right it was an incomplete pass . The other rule catch. Same play the white hat rule touch down. As a Division 1 official  I rule that it was an incomplete pass . Which means Earle would have won the game. And on my Friday nights off I will be at a game that I think will be good .

Being a division one official means nothing....I've seen a lot of them that stink too!

Hatchet

Quote from: nightowl on October 28, 2014, 11:01:13 pm
At least EPC gets officials that are registered and not off the home streets like Earle. 

playmaker04

Let's hope that's not the case hatchet lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas