• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City

Started by Ventman, October 18, 2014, 10:55:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dragondad

Truth, I think the difference is the coaching for PC.

As for competing in a higher classification....the only game I'd love to see is JC vs Warren. I think it would be a great game to watch that could go either way.

I'm still of the belief that coaching and the ability to motivate smaller and less skilled players  makes up for a lack of available bodies to pull from. A majority of kids given the right circumstances and opportunities and having the right mindset can do amazing things. I credit those that lead and teach from the early ages along with Carpenter and his crew for being the difference maker in our football program as a whole.

THA TRUTH

Yea coaching is big difference but when u have Jacob midgyet and kauylas Williams as a threat along with randy Taylor and zach Abbott that makes a big difference as well

cuz

October 25, 2014, 06:13:55 pm #52 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:21:50 pm by cuz
Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 04:55:19 pm
Truth, I think the difference is the coaching for PC.

As for competing in a higher classification....the only game I'd love to see is JC vs Warren. I think it would be a great game to watch that could go either way.

I'm still of the belief that coaching and the ability to motivate smaller and less skilled players  makes up for a lack of available bodies to pull from. A majority of kids given the right circumstances and opportunities and having the right mindset can do amazing things. I credit those that lead and teach from the early ages along with Carpenter and his crew for being the difference maker in our football program as a whole.
You are 100 percent right, lead by example. Carpenter's done that for years his players would follow him anywhere. In 2010 I beiieve he took mostly Soph. And went 8-4, strictly by motivating them. He finds a way to win, of course we've difinitely had a abundance of talent also.....+1 DD

Ball Hawk

Quote from: cuz on October 25, 2014, 03:42:42 pm
Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 25, 2014, 03:20:14 pm
lol.....some of you people posting have no idea about football. I won't even go into all the things that go against JC but just basic things are depth and size when playing 4a-7a teams.

JC would compete for 3A title, that's it.

They wouldn't sniff a title in 4A-7A. That's not a knock on them, because a 2A school should never be able to win state titles against teams that high up.

They are a great team though. Top 20 in the state? No.

Top team in 2A and would be a great team in 3A? Yes.
You seem to be the one lacking in football knowledge. Prime example PC made the 3a playoffs every year when playing 3a, they don't do that in 2a. Your dealing with 15-17 year old kids. They are just as talented in 2a as 7a, there's just not as many to choose from. Can 2a compete week in and week out no, but they could as long as they stayed healthy. Three time Eldorado state champions had a few JC boys playing on some of their teams. There's 68 on their roster, 37 on JC's, that's the main difference. But move up the freshman 68/51 not all that much difference then. If their wasn't the talent you claim is not there then there wouldn't be the college coaches showing up every week............ ;)

Go think a little longer before posting man. You don't have a clue about football apparently.

I never said JC didn't have any talent, no clue where that came from. But with you posting idiotic stuff that isn't true, this doesn't surprise me at all.

You using the number's example just backs up what I said about 2 reason why JC COULDN'T compete with 4A-7A schools.

For the dad on here that claims he wants to see Warren vs JC. Stop....goodness. Take off the rose colored glasses.

Dragon I

You ever heard of Haynesville, La?   Some small schools can.

cuz

October 25, 2014, 06:30:05 pm #55 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:33:20 pm by cuz
Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 25, 2014, 06:19:24 pm
lol.....some of you people posting have no idea about football. I won't even go into all the things that go against JC but just basic things are depth and size when playing 4a-7a teams.

They wouldn't sniff a title in 4A-7A. That's not a knock on them, because a 2A school should never be able to win state titles against teams that high up.

You seem to be the one lacking in football knowledge. Prime example PC made the 3a playoffs every year when playing 3a, they don't do that in 2a. Your dealing with 15-17 year old kids. They are just as talented in 2a as 7a, there's just not as many to choose from. Can 2a compete week in and week out no, but they could as long as they stayed healthy. Three time Eldorado state champions had a few JC boys playing on some of their teams. There's 68 on their roster, 37 on JC's, that's the main difference. But move up the freshman 68/51 not all that much difference then. If their wasn't the talent you claim is not there then there wouldn't be the college coaches showing up every week............ ;)

Go think a little longer before posting man. You don't have a clue about football apparently.

I never said JC didn't have any talent, no clue where that came from. But with you posting idiotic stuff that isn't true, this doesn't surprise me at all.

You using the number's example just backs up what I said about 2 reason why JC COULDN'T compete with 4A-7A schools.

For the dad on here that claims he wants to see Warren vs JC. Stop....goodness. Take off the rose colored glasses.
No need for slander sorry for your lack of comprehension skills. My reference    to numbers it would be hard to compete week in and week out but one game is a different story.....

RiverEagle079

Why dont we just conclude that the dragons are the bottom feeders of the 2A that will make everyone else happy!  I honestly like JC and Cuz you have a point.  JC in my own opinion could compete with 3A and 4A top teams in one game. I will also agree that numbers have factors, once you get into 5A 6A 7A its hard to play iron man football when the opposing team has two to three guys each position that could start in the position that they rotate in. 

thabeast428

Jc has just as many kids if not more than Warren and they're 4a. I believe jc could compete well and be a top team in 4a but that's about as high up they could compete for a season. Jc has just as much talent than a 4a and has decent reserves. Not only that they're well coached and play 4 qtrs well only seen it once this yr bc reserves played most 2nd half. Regardless it doesn't matter bc we will never know. But sir never doubt the fire breathing DRAGONS

Wilson

Anyone that says JC couldn't compete in a one off game against most teams is just wrong. . a full seadon in 4-7A would be a different story. . but one game during their schedule is very doable . . . .when Haynesville was the defending 1A state champion they went to the defending 5A state champion West Monroe and beat them by 14 points once upon a time

dragondad

Rose colored glasses?? All I said is I'd like to see JC vs Warren! I never said or implied that JC would definitely win, I only said it could go either way.....as most any game can. I don't think it would be a blow out, regardless of who won. 

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 06:57:40 pm

Rose colored glasses?? All I said is I'd like to see JC vs Warren! I never said or implied that JC would definitely win, I only said it could go either way.....as most any game can. I don't think it would be a blow out, regardless of who won.
Heck DD isn't anything wrong with being compared to Jimmy Buffett........... ;D

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Wilson on October 25, 2014, 06:45:03 pm
Anyone that says JC couldn't compete in a one off game against most teams is just wrong. . a full seadon in 4-7A would be a different story. . but one game during their schedule is very doable . . . .when Haynesville was the defending 1A state champion they went to the defending 5A state champion West Monroe and beat them by 14 points once upon a time

That Haynesville team is 5x better than this JC team and you know it. That little team had the most talent I've ever seen on any high school team in person.

Ball Hawk

Also I believe the initial statement was that JC could compete for a state title in every class. That implies they would play a full season and that is a joke.

A single game, JC could play with majority of the 4a teams and bad 5A teams. Compete all season long in 4A-7A, no.

Wilson

I saw that Haynesville team. . and this years JC team is very comparable. . Dancy is faster but not quite as strong as Bobby Ray Tell was. . but JC's passing game is much better . . i would give a slight edge to that H town defense . . but JC is deeper with fewer 2 way starters as Haynesville that year. . the number of A's. by your classification doesn't determine the winner. . for some reason Arkansas people are hung up on that. . in Louisiana, Texas, and Mississippi 1and 2A schools beat 3,4 &5A schools routinely . . Its common. . yet Arkansas folks seem to think the number A's in your class determines the skill level . . how good a team is . .is just that. . .that's why in the 80's JC won 3 state baseball titles in 2A.. now 3A. ..yet 2 of those years when the final overall rankings came outJC was # 1.. not Texarkana. . Cabot or Pine Bluff. . . when JC went 37-1 in 81 and was awarded a National Title the people didn't change their mind when they saw they were 2A. . .good is good

dragondad

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 25, 2014, 08:09:12 pm
Also I believe the initial statement was that JC could compete for a state title in every class. That implies they would play a full season and that is a joke.

A single game, JC could play with majority of the 4a teams and bad 5A teams. Compete all season long in 4A-7A, no.

No, your wrong....I went back and looked. No one said they could compete for a state title, just that they could compete (meaning be competitive) in all classifications except 7A. A team can be competitive within a conference and realistically not stand a chance at winning state.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 09:26:35 pm

No, your wrong....I went back and looked. No one said they could compete for a state title, just that they could compete (meaning be competitive) in all classifications except 7A. A team can be competitive within a conference and realistically not stand a chance at winning state.

Let me repeat this for you, JC wouldn't be competitive if they had to play 4A-7A week in and week out. You really lack any type of football knowledge if you think they would.

Get out from smallville, usa and see the world bro. It's not that scary out there.

dragondad

Hilarious, a guy from Dierks thinking he's cornered the market on "football knowledge" because someone else doesn't agree with his opinion.

Priceless to hear someone from Dierks refer to anywhere else as "smallville".

Yours Truly,

Bro

HorseFeathers

Why do people continue to try and argue a different argument with the J.C folks than what they are saying?

J.C folks are saying in a one game scenario they feel they can compete, guy jumps calling them all idiots and says they can't compete in a season scenario....

The guys you should jump on is....Gatecrasher, An Eldorado fan that lives in the Hot Springs area(I think), and BigLion10, the are the ones that said that J.C would win larger class titles if given the opportunity to play in those classes...

dragondad

Apparently some think a team is only competitive if they're in the state title game.   Sucks to be from AR where there's only 12 competitive teams in the whole state.

cuz

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 25, 2014, 10:40:31 pm

Let me repeat this for you, JC wouldn't be competitive if they had to play 4A-7A week in and week out. You really lack any type of football knowledge if you think they would.

Get out from smallville, usa and see the world bro. It's not that scary out there.
Smallville, really. I've lived from Alaska to Louisiana and watched ball all over. Get over yourself. When I was a young man I started playing ball in Kansas in Jr. High, went on to North Dakota, where the roster had 75 players, moved to JC my Jr. year and barely made the team of 22 or so. I started everywhere I went. I've seen more done more than any 10 of you on here, once again get get over yourself, learn to play nice it's not too late........ ;D

Ball Hawk

October 26, 2014, 12:03:51 pm #70 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:06:04 pm by Ball Hawk
Quote from: cuz on October 26, 2014, 09:08:03 am

Smallville, really. I've lived from Alaska to Louisiana and watched ball all over. Get over yourself. When I was a young man I started playing ball in Kansas in Jr. High, went on to North Dakota, where the roster had 75 players, moved to JC my Jr. year and barely made the team of 22 or so. I started everywhere I went. I've seen more done more than any 10 of you on here, once again get get over yourself, learn to play nice it's not too late........ ;D

That's awesome that you are a self proclaimed world traveler....props to you guy.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 10:56:11 pm
Hilarious, a guy from Dierks thinking he's cornered the market on "football knowledge" because someone else doesn't agree with his opinion.

Yours Truly,

Bro

Hilarious some old man from Junction City thinks he knows football when his kid plays flute in the band.

Yes, you live in Smallville, USA.......bro.

dragondad

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 26, 2014, 12:05:11 pm

Yours Truly,

Bro

Hilarious some old man from Junction City thinks he knows football when his kid plays flute in the band.

Cuz, this guy just proves that in Dierks the losers aren't on the field....they're in the stands, and he's the captain.

cuz

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 26, 2014, 12:03:51 pm
Quote from: cuz on October 26, 2014, 09:08:03 am

That's awesome that you are a self proclaimed world traveler....props to you guy.
No that's what you do when you're in the military, but you wouldn't know anything about that..........

Ball Hawk

Quote from: dragondad on October 26, 2014, 12:39:02 pm

Yours Truly,

Bro

Cuz, this guy just proves that in Dierks the losers aren't on the field....they're in the stands, and he's the captain.

You are awful salty. I bet your band kid is real proud of his pops being a tough guy on Fearless Friday......

Ball Hawk

Since Junction City would dominate 7A schools. Why don't the Dragons ever play someone up in competition like 4A-7A schools?

Highest up JC ever played someone was 3A right?

cuz

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 26, 2014, 12:54:52 pm

Yours Truly,

Bro

You are awful salty. I bet your band kid is real proud of his pops being a tough guy on Fearless Friday......
Hey DD just how big of a ol boy are you????Must of been the deer head.........lol

dragondad

If I had a band kid, he might be.....but I don't. Wouldn't mind if I did though, that'd be cool with me.

Now, tomorrow is Monday so you should probably go get your little sister to help you with your homework.....or you help her with her tackle skills.   Either way I'm done with you childish banter. Run along now, run along.

dragondad

Quote from: cuz on October 26, 2014, 01:00:52 pm
Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 26, 2014, 12:54:52 pm

Yours Truly,

Bro

Hey DD just how big of a ol boy are you????Must of been the deer head.........lol

I'd tell it, but I'd hate for Ball Sqwak to get a false sense of security.   ;D

The key is to treat people such as him like an ant bite. Pick the top, let it ooze, and then forget that they're there. Eventually they'll dry up and go away.

STUNNA

Depending on what conference jc was in in the 4a I believ they would be successful. I just think the 7-4a and 8-4a would be a tough task for the dragons

DragonBorn

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 26, 2014, 12:58:28 pm
Since Junction City would dominate 7A schools. Why don't the Dragons ever play someone up in competition like 4A-7A schools?

It's not for a lack of trying. Carpenter said a couple years back he called magnolia about playing us and they declined

dragondad

The reason most upper class schools won't play JC is the same reason AR won't play ASU.   It's not that the upper class school couldn't win, it's the crap they would take from their fans and other around the state if they didn't.

STUNNA

Warren plays bigger schools every year.

mtindian42

I don't know why the bigger schools fans would be upset...I mean they would be losing to the #22 team in the state. any one in the top 25 should be Abel to play who ever...regardless of class...

Ball Hawk

Quote from: DragonBorn on October 26, 2014, 01:27:19 pm

It's not for a lack of trying. Carpenter said a couple years back he called magnolia about playing us and they declined

I call BS. I don't know of a single coach that would turn down a game from any opponent. People play up 2-3 in every state I've been in except Arkansas.

It would be one thing if the coaches' job was on the line and he had to schedule some wins....

Ball Hawk

Quote from: dragondad on October 26, 2014, 01:38:55 pm
The reason most upper class schools won't play JC is the same reason AR won't play ASU.   It's not that the upper class school couldn't win, it's the crap they would take from their fans and other around the state if they didn't.

You don't have a clue and it's obvious. Spend more time teaching that kid of yours to blow the flute and less time trying to talk football, guy.

dragondad

Noise, all noise..... I'm sure your Dierks brethren think your classy.....or not.

Come back next season, we can resume this where we leave it, I'm sure. For now, there's nothing about you that's relevant.

We played and won against the #2 3A team. We have been denied by others. You can think what you want, but that makes you far from correct.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 26, 2014, 04:55:38 pm
Quote from: DragonBorn on October 26, 2014, 01:27:19 pm

I call BS. I don't know of a single coach that would turn down a game from any opponent. People play up 2-3 in every state I've been in except Arkansas.

It would be one thing if the coaches' job was on the line and he had to schedule some wins....

Let me tell you how it is, man.

If Magnolia were to play Junction and Win against them. What do they have to gain for it? Yes, the win will boost the kids confidence. BUT, The simple fact is. It would be a non-conference game, and would be meaningless to the conference record.

If Magnolia were to play Junction and lose against them. What do they have to gain from that? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

So, what is your point in your post? 

dragondad

Holy Moley!!! Mark it down, on this date I clapped Proud Buckaroo!!   ;D

ATU

I have no dog in this fight.But a few years ago teams in Shiloh's Con.refused to play them.I can see this happening at some point.

mtindian42

Quote from: ATU on October 26, 2014, 05:34:20 pm
I have no dog in this fight.But a few years ago teams in Shiloh's Con.refused to play them.I can see this happening at some point.
I could see this happening as well...

gatecrasher

Some of you can't freaking read (HF, ballhawk, etc).

I said THIS YEAR'S JC team. That's it. Not over time, every year, etc.

T-H-I-S
Y-E-A-R

I spelled it out for you in case you've had a little too much moonshine.

And just FYI BallHawk, I guarantee you that I have forgotten more football than you'll know in your entire life, so don't come on here acting like you think you know.
Just the few posts on this thread from you tells me what I need to know.

RiverEagle079

Well.................That escalated quickly........

HorseFeathers

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 26, 2014, 06:33:43 pm

T-H-I-S
Y-E-A-R

And just FYI BallHawk, I guarantee you that I have forgotten more football than you'll know in your entire life, so don't come on here acting like you think you know.

Your telling me to learn how to read?...how bout this go back and reread my post and if Need be, I'll type it out a little more slowly so your mind can comprehend that all I was doing was pointing out that you, a coattail rider of little brother since El Dorado has fallen way off this year, was the one claiming that Junction City could win a higher class if given the opportunity.
Quote from: HF on October 25, 2014, 11:27:16 pm
Why do people continue to try and argue a different argument with the J.C folks than what they are saying?

J.C folks are saying in a one game scenario they feel they can compete, guy jumps calling them all idiots and says they can't compete in a season scenario....

The guys you should jump on is....Gatecrasher, An Eldorado fan that lives in the Hot Springs area(I think), and BigLion10, the are the ones that said that J.C would win larger class titles if given the opportunity to play in those classes...

There I even quoted it for you to make it easier for you...

Dear god some people on here need to check their anger issues at the door, it's a freaking high school message board for crying out loud...

So in short, until you learn how to comprehend what you are reading, go back to your cave

Proud Buckaroo

October 26, 2014, 08:08:51 pm #94 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:18:25 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: gatecrasher on October 26, 2014, 06:33:43 pm

T-H-I-S
Y-E-A-R

And just FYI BallHawk, I guarantee guarantee you that I have forgotten more football than you'll know in your entire life, so don't come on here acting like you think you know.

There you go. Fixed it for you.

Now, can you do me a favor? Spell 'this', and 'year.'

I'm NOT sure if I caught the point here.

dragondad

Gate, in HF's defense, he was simply pointing out to the dork from Dierks that it was you who posted JC would be competitive, not one of us "smallville" locals.

Ball Hawk

Ball Hawk

LOL.

The JC crew is easily salted......

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 26, 2014, 05:22:52 pm
Let me tell you how it is, man.

If Magnolia were to play Junction and Win against them. What do they have to gain for it? Yes, the win will boost the kids confidence. BUT, The simple fact is. It would be a non-conference game, and would be meaningless to the conference record.

If Magnolia were to play Junction and lose against them. What do they have to gain from that? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

So, what is your point in your post?

I really hope you don't have that thought process....wow. Talk about backwards thinking....lol

Wilson

Well of the roughly 15 head coaches i know say basically that. . the ones that coach potent lower class teams find it extremely hard to get schools from higher classes to play them. .and the ones i know that coach higher classifications say they would rather not play lower classifications because of the damage it can do to their teams psyche if they were to lose that game. . plus what it would do to the fanbase. . .and before you call these coaches idiots remember . . this is their profession.   not yours. . .these coaches are from Class 1A-5A in Louisiana and from 2A to 5A in Arkansas . . almost all of them say roughly the same thing

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas