• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City

Started by Ventman, October 18, 2014, 10:55:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverEagle079

Quote from: Wilson on October 26, 2014, 10:01:30 pm
Well of the roughly 15 head coaches i know say basically that. . the ones that coach potent lower class teams find it extremely hard to get schools from higher classes to play them. .and the ones i know that coach higher classifications say they would rather not play lower classifications because of the damage it can do to their teams psyche if they were to lose that game. . plus what it would do to the fanbase. . .and before you call these coaches idiots remember . . this is their profession.   not yours. . .these coaches are from Class 1A-5A in Louisiana and from 2A to 5A in Arkansas . . almost all of them say roughly the same thing

Ball Hawk, no offense but this post just destroyed all of your argument. Put it in this perspective Arkansas in the 2012-2013 played ULM expecting a easy win. ULM came in and beat us.  New season with a chance to play ULM again after being made the laughing stock of the SEC and we don't have them on schedule why? Because, "Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me."

Ball Hawk

October 26, 2014, 11:36:27 pm #101 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:48:38 pm by Ball Hawk
Well of the roughly 15 head coaches i know say basically that. . the ones that coach potent lower class teams find it extremely hard to get schools from higher classes to play them. .and the ones i know that coach higher classifications say they would rather not play lower classifications because of the damage it can do to their teams psyche if they were to lose that game. . plus what it would do to the fanbase. . .and before you call these coaches idiots remember . . this is their profession.   not yours. . .these coaches are from Class 1A-5A in Louisiana and from 2A to 5A in Arkansas . . almost all of them say roughly the same thing

I personally know over 100 head coaches in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas.

Literally none of them have that kind of mindset.

*Can't forget my Tejas boys

Ball Hawk

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 26, 2014, 10:09:47 pm

Ball Hawk, no offense but this post just destroyed all of your argument. Put it in this perspective Arkansas in the 2012-2013 played ULM expecting a easy win. ULM came in and beat us.  New season with a chance to play ULM again after being made the laughing stock of the SEC and we don't have them on schedule why? Because, "Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me."

ULM beating Arkansas literally has nothing to do with them not being on the schedule the next season. The smaller schools are the ones that usually want a 1 year guarantee contract. College schedules are made years in advance my man.

Terrible example.

Just like La Tech will only play Nebraska one year and that's it. LA Tech asked for a 1 year deal.

RiverEagle079

You sir are a pretty popular guy

Ball Hawk

October 26, 2014, 11:41:05 pm #104 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:49:54 pm by Ball Hawk
Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 26, 2014, 11:40:01 pm
You sir are a pretty popular guy

I'm not a casual fan.

And s/o to the JC posters that are so salty yall hittin that slap. lol  ;D

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: dragondad on October 26, 2014, 12:39:02 pm
Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 26, 2014, 12:05:11 pm
Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 10:56:11 pm
Hilarious, a guy from Dierks thinking he's cornered the market on "football knowledge" because someone else doesn't agree with his opinion.

Priceless to hear someone from Dierks refer to anywhere else as "smallville".

Yours Truly,

Bro

Hilarious some old man from Junction City thinks he knows football when his kid plays flute in the band.

Yes, you live in Smallville, USA.......bro.

Cuz, this guy just proves that in Dierks the losers aren't on the field....they're in the stands, and he's the captain.

I'll say this much, no one seems to question where Dierks' players are from. And I'm by far the most notorious Outlaw hater.

Ball Hawk

I'm still confused why the JC BandMaster says I'm from Dierks? lol

The_Devil_Himself

Check out the "7-2A" thread. They pretty much spilled the beans on this matter. Truly pathetic.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 27, 2014, 12:14:40 am
Check out the "7-2A" thread. They pretty much spilled the beans on this matter. Truly pathetic.

Very true bro

dragondad

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 26, 2014, 11:58:39 pm
Quote from: dragondad on October 26, 2014, 12:39:02 pm
Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 26, 2014, 12:05:11 pm
Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 10:56:11 pm
Hilarious, a guy from Dierks thinking he's cornered the market on "football knowledge" because someone else doesn't agree with his opinion.

Priceless to hear someone from Dierks refer to anywhere else as "smallville".

Yours Truly,

Bro

Hilarious some old man from Junction City thinks he knows football when his kid plays flute in the band.

Yes, you live in Smallville, USA.......bro.

Cuz, this guy just proves that in Dierks the losers aren't on the field....they're in the stands, and he's the captain.

I'll say this much, no one seems to question where Dierks' players are from. And I'm by far the most notorious Outlaw hater.

No one questions it, because no one cares.

dragondad

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 27, 2014, 12:16:48 am

Very true bro

The only beans spilled was you're lie about PO Boxes.

dragondad

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 27, 2014, 12:01:03 am

It's who you seem to support moron, and believe me at least one Outlaw fan wishes you didn't. In addition to two other posters, not including myself, that think you have a disturbing infatuation with "boys and flutes"....the apex of that concern being much to personal on your part to discuss in a public forum such as this.

You, Ball Sqwak, obviously have no idea of the number of other posters who think you're less than the village idiot.

Concentrate on your Outlaws son and leave the other discussions to the adults.

Wilson

Several years back there was quite the verbal shrapnel throwing between Dierks and Nashville supporters on this and the 4A board. . known as the Howard county wars where supporters of both schools accused the other of illegal players and stealing players from both teams. . at the time Dierks was one of the vety best teams in 2A and was scoring tons of points against what's was considered inferior district competition . .

Imagine that. . a team gets real good because of hard work, coaching and a run of good players . . followed shortly by accusations of cheating with illegal players and people crying about fairness . ..now where have i seen that before?

Wilson

Oh. .and nobody's crying about Dierks cause they aren't a legit threat to win the state title on a consistant badis. . they get to where they are good enough to dominate 95% of the teams in their class every year. . the crying will start. . but you can say that about every football team in every class in Arkansas

cav2012

October 27, 2014, 02:47:00 am #114 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:49:46 am by cav2012
I've said plenty of unintelligent remarks on fearless, a lot in regards to jc. So I'll go ahead and add on. My only question on this thread is how does jc win year after year like they do? Send out the D1 athletes like they do?

Say coaching and I'll call you a liar. Because if I was that da** good, I would've already moved on to better places. Similar to Malzahn with Hughes. 

With care,
Hazen
P.S. See ya in WMS

Dragon I

This town and area has been producing professional quality athletes for a long time.  Bernice and Summerfield each have a top 25 all time NBA players.  Those same family members still live in this community.  Excellent genes helps.  When Bolen was here, it was high quality baseball players.  Now, it's more towards football.

mtindian42

willis reed and karl Malone

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: cav2012 on October 27, 2014, 02:47:00 am
I've said plenty of unintelligent remarks on fearless, a lot in regards to jc. So I'll go ahead and add on. My only question on this thread is how does jc win year after year like they do? Send out the D1 athletes like they do?

Say coaching and I'll call you a liar. Because if I was that da** good, I would've already moved on to better places. Similar to Malzahn with Hughes. 

With care,
Hazen
P.S. See ya in WMS

Amen to that.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: dragondad on October 27, 2014, 12:34:15 am

Very true bro

And how you proved it wrong by explaining what you actually do.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: Dragon I on October 27, 2014, 06:30:34 am
This town and area has been producing professional quality athletes for a long time.  Bernice and Summerfield each have a top 25 all time NBA players.  Those same family members still live in this community.  Excellent genes helps.  When Bolen was here, it was high quality baseball players.  Now, it's more towards football.

Yeah right. I believe we've been through this one before on another thread. The football and baseball teams are OBVIOUSLY almost two completely different sets of kids. Don't take my word for it, look at the team pictures. You guys seem to have this incredible ratio of state championship caliber athletes to trumpet players/goat ropers/artsy fartsy types, etc.
Most of us out here in planet 2A are having a hard time believing that the stars simply aligned in your favor to such a degree for this length of time.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: Dragon I on October 27, 2014, 06:30:34 am

Exactly, and Bernice High School shut down in 2009. I wonder where that pool of athletes goes to school now?

Dragon I

cuz

October 27, 2014, 07:43:39 am #122 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:47:21 am by cuz
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 27, 2014, 07:24:29 am

Very true bro

just what is that??? Cav not every coschs ambition is like Gus Malzahn....

cav2012

Quote from: cuz on October 27, 2014, 07:43:39 am

Very true bro

i just find it hard to believe that a coach who produces D1 recruits year after year hasn't got a offer he couldn't refuse. You can go to any 2a team in the state and not have that happen. It's just one of those circumstances where "too good to be true" seems to hold belief in alot of us not named jc.

cav2012

Keep sending those boys too Fayetteville though! We need the help

cuz

Quote from: cav2012 on October 27, 2014, 08:03:57 am
Quote from: cuz on October 27, 2014, 07:43:39 am

Very true bro

i just find it hard to believe that a coach who produces D1 recruits year after year hasn't got a offer he couldn't refuse. You can go to any 2a team in the state and not have that happen. It's just one of those circumstances where "too good to be true" seems to hold belief in alot of us not named jc.
What about Reed in Eldorado 3 state titles
Played for 4 in 5 years in 6a. I guess he can't give up those JC ties also.....

cav2012

I imagine el do pays a bit more. Haha cuz calm down. I can honestly care less whether jc is doing something shady or not. If they are somebody would have caught them by now. Just trying to stir some people up

cav2012

I just know that if I'm producing players like y'all are then I'm going to the big leagues $$$

dragondad

Carpenter has had offers and refused more than once. Maybe for some, it's not about the money. Hard to fathom, right?

cav2012

Quote from: dragondad on October 27, 2014, 08:28:15 am
Carpenter has had offers and refused more than once. Maybe for some, it's not about the money. Hard to fathom, right?
It sure is for me. How old is carpenter?

dragondad

Man I'm not sure, exactly. I know he's had some health/heart issues. I'm pretty sure when he leaves JC he'll hang up his whistle.

Can't prove it, but the rumor was pretty heavy a while back that Henderson wanted him bad, a place his Father once coached.

cav2012

Oh hate to hear that. Yea for some reason I thought he was a younger fella. I haven't seen jc play in person since 09 or 08 when y'all whooped us in the playoffs. So hopefully we will meet up in the playoffs. I think we can give y'all a test. Just my very very very homered opinion

bleudog

October 27, 2014, 08:56:09 am #132 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:47:12 am by bleudog
Quote from: cav2012 on October 27, 2014, 08:30:42 am
Quote from: dragondad on October 27, 2014, 08:28:15 am
It sure is for me. How old is carpenter?

He was a defensive end on his father's Henderson teams from 1976 to 1979.  I'd guess that would put him somewhere in the 55-58 range.

dragondad

I'm a homer as well, but I think your team and a couple more would be great games to see. Our boys haven't been challenged this year, that's not bragging, it's just the truth. They needed a good close game during regular season but just haven't had it.

cuz

Quote from: cav2012 on October 27, 2014, 08:25:02 am
I imagine el do pays a bit more. Haha cuz calm down. I can honestly care less whether jc is doing something shady or not. If they are somebody would have caught them by now. Just trying to stir some people up
Cav it takes a lot more to stir me up at my age than all this. Was just pointing out the obvious. One of my old Turkey hunting buddies, Tommy Tuberville, went the route of Malzahn, everyone just doesn't take that route... I myself love high school football better than the rest. Bleu hit Carpenters age pretty much on the money, he's at least 5 yrs. younger than me...

Ball Hawk

Quote from: dragondad on October 27, 2014, 12:35:17 am
Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 27, 2014, 12:01:03 am

It's who you seem to support moron, and believe me at least one Outlaw fan wishes you didn't. In addition to two other posters, not including myself, that think you have a disturbing infatuation with "boys and flutes"....the apex of that concern being much to personal on your part to discuss in a public forum such as this.

You, Ball Sqwak, obviously have no idea of the number of other posters who think you're less than the village idiot.

Concentrate on your Outlaws son and leave the other discussions to the adults.

I can count on one hand the amount of people I know from Dierks, Ar. lol....I think I'll survive if guys on the internet aren't my friend.

And I've had 4 guys from JC tell me you never played a down of football and you're kid rides the bench. So keep sticking your chest out keyboard warrior. I salute the saltiness you have.

dragondad

IF you knew four guys on here that know me, it'd be much more believable...still crap. As for my son, he's been on the field every game this season, not that it's any of your business. Have your Outlaws get better and maybe you'll get to see him first hand next year. I'm sure you'll tell us you left the womb on the starting line-up. 

Ball Hawk

Quote from: dragondad on October 27, 2014, 11:41:03 am
IF you knew four guys on here that know me, it'd be much more believable...still crap. As for my son, he's been on the field every game this season, not that it's any of your business. Have your Outlaws get better and maybe you'll get to see him first hand next year. I'm sure you'll tell us you left the womb on the starting line-up. 

I don't know anyone on here to be honest. They sent me private messages laughing at you.

Dragon I

Old Scrapper

Man I love these JC post, it can cover a wide variety of subjects!! and all the love shown is just remarkable.   

cuz

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 27, 2014, 11:52:24 am

I don't know anyone on here to be honest. They sent me private messages laughing at you.
There you have it DD, death by PM's........lol

dragondad

Quote from: cuz on October 27, 2014, 01:35:20 pm
Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 27, 2014, 11:52:24 am

There you have it DD, death by PM's........lol

LOL! Well, I know who to blame I guess since you, gate, and doniarebel are the only ones that know who I am.

Guess I'm going to have to drag up another deer head from the gut pile.   ;D

godgiven999

I'm sure the D is best in both states  ;D

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on October 27, 2014, 08:58:45 am
I'm a homer as well, but I think your team and a couple more would be great games to see. Our boys haven't been challenged this year, that's not bragging, it's just the truth. They needed a good close game during regular season but just haven't had it.

I would say Smackover challenged them..

Ball Hawk

Wilson

Just how many D1 players do people think JC has produced? . . seriously . . as far as i know there is exactly 1 playing D 1 ball right now . . that's an astoundingly large number. . .not

gatecrasher

October 27, 2014, 06:19:42 pm #146 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:22:18 pm by gatecrasher
Quote from: HF on October 26, 2014, 08:03:08 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on October 26, 2014, 06:33:43 pm
Some of you can't freaking read (HF, ballhawk, etc).

I said THIS YEAR'S JC team. That's it. Not over time, every year, etc.

T-H-I-S
Y-E-A-R

I spelled it out for you in case you've had a little too much moonshine.

And just FYI BallHawk, I guarantee you that I have forgotten more football than you'll know in your entire life, so don't come on here acting like you think you know.
Just the few posts on this thread from you tells me what I need to know.

Your telling me to learn how to read?...how bout this go back and reread my post and if Need be, I'll type it out a little more slowly so your mind can comprehend that all I was doing was pointing out that you, a coattail rider of little brother since El Dorado has fallen way off this year, was the one claiming that Junction City could win a higher class if given the opportunity.
Quote from: HF on October 25, 2014, 11:27:16 pm
Why do people continue to try and argue a different argument with the J.C folks than what they are saying?

J.C folks are saying in a one game scenario they feel they can compete, guy jumps calling them all idiots and says they can't compete in a season scenario....

The guys you should jump on is....Gatecrasher, An Eldorado fan that lives in the Hot Springs area(I think), and BigLion10, the are the ones that said that J.C would win larger class titles if given the opportunity to play in those classes...

There I even quoted it for you to make it easier for you...

Dear god some people on here need to check their anger issues at the door, it's a freaking high school message board for crying out loud...

So in short, until you learn how to comprehend what you are reading, go back to your cave
Let me see if I can summarize this drivel.

First of all, again,  my original post in this thread was pertaining to THIS YEAR'S team. You make it sound as if I'm saying they could compete in those classes yr in and yr out. That ain't what I'm saying.  I'm not gonna go back and quote it. It's above where you quoted it, in plain English by the way.
That was my argument with you. I never said that. If you're gonna say I said something, get the sheet right.

As for El Dorado, your mere speculation is laughable. You must not have paid attention to last season. You never, ever count out a Scott Reed coached team.
We parlayed a 5-5 regular season into a 4th title in 5 years. You're insinuating that I think we're finished.
Fat chance.
We've won it all as a 1, and a 2 seed, and finished as runner up as a 3 seed. It doesn't matter where we're seeded.

As for JC, I have followed them for years, so your speculative post is baseless.

Carry on.

Proud Buckaroo

Hatecrasher, let's be honest. This years el dorado team most likely will not win a state championship. They turn the ball over entirely way too much...

gatecrasher

October 27, 2014, 07:45:24 pm #148 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:47:12 pm by gatecrasher
Meh...
We couldn't stop anyone last year and we won it.
But you're right. We cut out all the shooting ourselves in the foot and the team can still make a run.
November is our time.
Kinda reminds me of 2012. Frankly we weren't very good that year, but once the playoffs rolled around, we caught fire and ran to the semifinals and frankly let Greenwood off the hook at their place.

But hey, if we don't win it this year, that's fine. We're salivating over the talent that's coming up. Could see another threepeat from 2015-2017.

bleudog

Well of the roughly 15 head coaches i know say basically that..........

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 26, 2014, 11:36:27 pm
I personally know over 100 head coaches in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas..........

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas