• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Rusher in 2A

Started by DnA Prostaff, October 02, 2014, 11:22:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 02, 2014, 02:38:37 pm
He was said to had run a 4.39 at a nike event so idk where the speed comment came from but anyway it looks like la tech is getting another union county steal

The Gurdon kid is faster and doesn't have nearly the line. Dancy has more power.

Dragon I

Dancy got 3 carries last week.  It's not fair to him that his team is so much better than everyone else.  Dancy would have went for over 700 yards last week with 25 carries.

baseballgod91

LCC

Quote from: Dragon I on October 03, 2014, 04:17:18 pm
Dancy got 3 carries last week.  It's not fair to him that his team is so much better than everyone else.  Dancy would have went for over 700 yards last week with 25 carries.
Likewise it's not fair to compare Dancy to a back in a terrible program. Nobody can compare back to back. Too many variables. The great thing about high school football is each town loves their team and many are 100% sure their back is the best. Rightfully so.

THA TRUTH

It doesn't matter anyone that seen highlights of all that have been mentioned know who is better

cuz

Dancy against Hampton 1st Half 3 carries 3 Td's  140 yds....

HorseCollar

What makes Dancy special is his vision and ability to stop and cut then accelerate to open space. Make no mistake the kid is special. The kid from gurdon was very impressive also. By far the 2 best backs the bucks have faced.

heavyhittaz_7

Thomas put up good numbers on rison tonight. Broke 80 yards on first play for a td. Had ova a hundred in rushing and receiveing tonight.

footballfrenzy

Quote from: Just My Opinion on October 02, 2014, 03:46:40 pm
Dancy from JC and Harvel from Gurdon.
This and only this. Best 2 backs in 2A without question.

bdubyab60

Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 03, 2014, 11:00:49 pm
Any conversation without Davis is stupid. And if you haven't seen more than 2 of these kids you shouldn't even talk

THA TRUTH

Yea u can converse about him all u want but he isn't dancy caliber

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 03, 2014, 11:20:21 pm
Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 03, 2014, 11:00:49 pm
Any conversation without Davis is stupid. And if you haven't seen more than 2 of these kids you shouldn't even talk

I've seen none can I talk?

Anyway....Sounds like Davis is the age old question of what could he do if he actually had some help running the ball....And the few times I've watched Dancy on the Livestream...I could run through the holes the J.C line makes for him and get 10-15 yards :D

G-HIGH

The "kid from Gurdon" has a name.
It is Jackie Harvell.
Not only does he carry a majority of the load at RB he is also a tremendous safety.
2 picks (might have been 3 not sure) tonight vs Mineral.
Its hard to keep track when there is a pick on every other series.

THA TRUTH

Yea but could u run for over 200 against a pretty stout gurdon D or bearden D HF

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 03, 2014, 11:34:16 pm
Yea but could u run for over 200 against a pretty stout gurdon D or bearden D HF

I doubt my arthritic knees would hold up for 200 yards 8)

THA TRUTH

Have a little self respect geez

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 03, 2014, 11:36:23 pm
Have a little self respect geez

Me? I have knots below my knees the stick out a couple of inches...and bad knees and Always have....I have honesty, and not afraid to admit things...Geez....smh...

THA TRUTH

That's what u get for squatting over 6 bills man

popabear17

Tre burks was very underwhelming last night. Spring Hill proved what many have been saying that if you hit him hard and take him out of his comfort zone he will shut it down, which he did. He had one run for 17 yards, other than that not much at all. SH put in place a great game plan to slow him down. I've seen the Dancy kid play and I would give him the edge right now. He plays against much tougher completion week in and week out in 6-2a.

bleudog

Nomination for 2A workhorse back of the year:  Woodlawn's Jeffery Jones

CLICK HERE

searkhogfan

Quote from: bleudog on October 04, 2014, 11:20:43 am
Nomination for 2A workhorse back of the year:  Woodlawn's Jeffery Jones

CLICK HERE

Great Read.  Thanks

LCC

Quote from: popabear17 on October 04, 2014, 11:15:09 am
Tre burks was very underwhelming last night. Spring Hill proved what many have been saying that if you hit him hard and take him out of his comfort zone he will shut it down, which he did. He had one run for 17 yards, other than that not much at all. SH put in place a great game plan to slow him down. I've seen the Dancy kid play and I would give him the edge right now. He plays against much tougher completion week in and week out in 6-2a.
SH did a good job, but Burks hurt his ankle. I saw him limping off the field on the first series and he wasn't the same. That's why #1 went in. Burks still averaged around 6 yards per carry according to some recruiting guy on twitter. I wouldn't say Burks shuts it down if he gets hit. He didn't take any big hits last night and he initiates contact. Don't judge him on one game.

Blue

Trindon McKinney from Dierks is a great back. He does not run a 4.4 but speed is not everything in a running back. He lets blocks develop like few high school backs you will ever see. He is strong, with great field vision and rarely puts the ball on the ground. I have seen Dancy from Junction, Harvell from Gurdon, and Burks from Lafayette County all are great backs with different skill sets. That is the top 4 I have seen personally I rank in a league above the rest

the_whitester_21

Definitely going with Davis from Cross County

Hornet4ever

Dancy from JC is a good back, but without their 3a numbers, and those recruited linemen from the swamps, he wouldn't be breaking these records..

thabeast428

October 05, 2014, 08:00:21 am #75 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:09:04 am by thabeast428
Haha I wish we had those lineman but then again our small line does good for their size but u seen what happen to des arc steel curtain defense so I believe I'd stick with our line bc size doesn't matter when ur strong and quick. And Dancy would be the best back running behind any line especially out of the shotgun like he does

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 05, 2014, 05:44:52 am
Dancy from JC is a good back, but without their 3a numbers, and those recruited linemen from the swamps, he wouldn't be breaking these records..

Dancy is a great back it's just weird that the only thing y'all can say against him is he plays on a good team so he shouldn't be counted I guarrantee that if one of the other schools mentioned had keandre Evan or josh Armstrong running the ball we would be hearing nearly as much about Davis burks and McKinney and they barely can get time from dancy

thabeast428

Ikr some of these teams would love to have evans he is fast and would really show how good he is bc when ur loaded with talent this yr it's hard for him to be seen as often other than on D.

bleudog

October 05, 2014, 07:33:08 pm #78 Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:04:01 pm by bleudog

The smallest 3A school is Danville with 188 in grades 9-10-11.

As of October 2013, JC had 338 total (Arkansas and Ward 9) students in grades 7 thru 12 .  CLICK HERE page 2

I don't have a class-by-class total, but that's an average of 56.3 per class.  Assuming the 9-10-11 grades are of average size, that would put JC at 169 for classification purposes.  That could be off a little because of the assumption, but is about the same as Murfreesboro, England or Rison and still a pretty good ways from Danville's 188.

Here are the 2A schools with at least 160 students in those three grades (some don't field football teams):

187.00 PANGBURN HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
186.33 WALNUT RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
186.00 GURDON HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
185.00 CARLISLE HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
181.67 RIVERSIDE HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
179.33 SALEM HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
179.00 KIPP: DELTA COLLEGE PREP SCHO 2A   
178.33 TUCKERMAN HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
174.33 BENTON COUNTY SCH O/T ARTS H 2A   
172.67 MARMADUKE HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
171.33 EAST POINSETT CO HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
169.67 RISON HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
169.33 ENGLAND HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
168.00 MURFREESBORO HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
166.00 BIGELOW HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
166.00 BUFFALO ISLAND CENTRAL HIGH 2A   
165.00 LAFAYETTE COUNTY HIGH SCHOO 2A   
163.33 SLOAN-HENDRIX HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
163.00 PALESTINE-WHEATLEY HIGH SCH 2A   
161.33 HACKETT HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
160.67 DES ARC HIGH SCHOOL 2A   

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/CLASSIFICATION_REPORT_14-16.pdf

JC reports all students to the ADE in the manner required by the ADE (Out-of-state kids have been reported thru the APSCN transmission under the "O" group).
The AAA has access to all ADE numbers and could make any classification adjustment the out-of-state numbers would call for.

Mohawk 54

Blue dog you are right when you said they "Could"' but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

bleudog

October 05, 2014, 07:46:46 pm #80 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 07:57:18 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Mohawk 54 on October 05, 2014, 07:37:32 pm
Blue dog you are right when you said they "Could"' but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

If the numbers warranted the upward adjustment, the AAA could and should make it.  The AAA has shown they can move schools by what they do with the private schools.

footballfrenzy

Quote from: bleudog on October 05, 2014, 07:33:08 pm

The smallest 3A school is Danville with 188 in grades 9-10-11.

As of October 2013, JC has 338 total (Arkansas and Ward 9) students in grades 7 thru 12 .  CLICK HERE page 2

I don't have a class-by-class total, but that's an average of 56.3 per class.  Assuming the 9-10-11 grades are of average size, that would put JC at 169 for classification purposes.  That could be off a little because of assumptions, but is about the same as Murfreesboro, England or Rison and still a pretty good ways from Danville's 188.

Here are the 2A schools with at least 160 students in those three grades:

187.00 PANGBURN HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
186.33 WALNUT RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
186.00 GURDON HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
185.00 CARLISLE HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
181.67 RIVERSIDE HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
179.33 SALEM HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
179.00 KIPP: DELTA COLLEGE PREP SCHO 2A   
178.33 TUCKERMAN HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
174.33 BENTON COUNTY SCH O/T ARTS H 2A   
172.67 MARMADUKE HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
171.33 EAST POINSETT CO HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
169.67 RISON HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
169.33 ENGLAND HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
168.00 MURFREESBORO HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
166.00 BIGELOW HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
166.00 BUFFALO ISLAND CENTRAL HIGH 2A   
165.00 LAFAYETTE COUNTY HIGH SCHOO 2A   
163.33 SLOAN-HENDRIX HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
163.00 PALESTINE-WHEATLEY HIGH SCH 2A   
161.33 HACKETT HIGH SCHOOL 2A   
160.67 DES ARC HIGH SCHOOL 2A   

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/CLASSIFICATION_REPORT_14-16.pdf

JC reports all students to the ADE in the manner required by the ADE (Out-of-state kids have been reported thru the APSCN transmission under the "O" group).
The AAA has access to all ADE numbers and could make any classification adjustment the out-of-state numbers would call for.
I think he may have been referring to football numbers. Way to toot your own horn though.

bleudog

October 05, 2014, 08:22:03 pm #82 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:33:38 pm by bleudog
Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 05, 2014, 08:06:58 pm
I think he may have been referring to football numbers. Way to toot your own horn though.

I think everybody on this board knows what H4e was referring to and I didn't even address his recruiting libel.  ::)

And how is documenting how JC is not a 3A school playing 2A ball "horn tooting?" 

dragonator

Yes, Dancy has a good line to run behind. However, what sets him apart is his number of carries verses his total yardage. Yes the line may make him a hole to run through, but they don't block for him down the field. Dancy has the speed and strength to run over, run through or out run the remainder of the defense once he gets past the line of scrimmage. If it was just the offensive line, he would have to have a lot more touches to amass his yardage totals. ;)

cuz

You know there was a lot talk about Dixon but it was the opposite, he had no help. One man doesn't win games or a Championship. So I'll admit Dancy has help but don't judge the book by the cover. I'd say come watch him, haven't seen anyone go away that wasn't impressed....

playmaker04

Quote from: dragonator on October 05, 2014, 08:59:45 pm

Yes, Dancy has a good line to run behind. However, what sets him apart is his number of carries verses his total yardage. Yes the line may make him a hole to run through, but they don't block for him down the field. Dancy has the speed and strength to run over, run through or out run the remainder of the defense once he gets past the line of scrimmage. If it was just the offensive line, he would have to have a lot more touches to amass his yardage totals. ;)
So does Davis. If he played at JC they would mirror each other.

flawlessthoughts

Monta Thomas is clearly the best rusher/athlete in 2a.. The stats won't show it but watching him play tells all.. The kid runs behind a very below average o-line and still manage to put up numbers.. One of only two sophomores to visit for the Razorbacks vs Alabama game this past weekend.. Are any of the guys previously mentioned getting major D1 attention? Did I mention he's only a sophomore? Did I mention Arkansas is only recruiting three sophomores from the state as of now?  If you have watched him play then you know this kid is a "jewel".. In two years all of you will be praying he choose the Hogs over Alabama..  ;)

dragondad#1

Mr. Thomas is a beast...but not yet the best in 2a...I think all the previously mentioned backs are getting looks...call me a homer but Dancy is the best..IMO

Coach95

Here's a kid to watch Junior Logan Penn from Hazen he placed second in the 100 meters last years he's carrying most of the load so far for 6-0 Hazen..

outlaw39

Dancy-JC
McKinney-Dierks
Burks-Laf. Co.

flawlessthoughts

October 12, 2014, 12:39:50 pm #90 Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 12:42:23 pm by flawlessthoughts
Quote from: dragondad#1 on October 12, 2014, 10:01:15 am
Mr. Thomas is a beast...but not yet the best in 2a...I think all the previously mentioned backs are getting looks...call me a homer but Dancy is the best..IMO
Dancy in fact is a good one.. I'm a homer too so I'm rolling with Thomas.. ;) What if he was a Dragon and only played on one side of the ball.. Could u imagine the numbers he would put up? D1 attention while playing for "Hermitage" is nothing short of amazing.. The kid is a eye catcher.. He performs at qb, rb, wr, de, s and lb.. I've seen him play all positions and have a good game.. The score didn't show it but it was evident he was one of if not the best athlete on the field when they played Junction..

THA TRUTH

He would do great in purple and gold

mrkingark

Davis Cross County, a Jr., got to be in top 3

bleudog

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 12, 2014, 12:48:31 pm
He would do great in purple and gold

You caught AW once, why you fishing again?  ;D

baseballgod91

Hunter keen has got to be mentioned on this thread

THA TRUTH

baseballgod91

cuz

Dancy- JC
Evans- JC
Armstrong- JC
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

THA TRUTH

There is no reason to be a homer on this thread it goes dancy Davis burks and keen isn't in there catagory

Butch_Cassidy

Best Back in 2 aa has to be Richard Merritt from Earle.  6' 205 lbs. I've seen him Dancy and Davis on Film.  Merritt is the better down hill runner of the three Dancy is more shifty.   Davis has great speed.  But overall Merritt has size speed and power.... these backs will all meet each other at some time in this season.... Merritt is a Monster

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas