• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Rusher in 2A

Started by DnA Prostaff, October 02, 2014, 11:22:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jdwalk

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 12, 2014, 03:17:48 pm
There is no reason to be a homer on this thread it goes dancy Davis burks and keen isn't in there catagory
* their category*  you're welcome.

THA TRUTH

cuz

Dragon I

Dancy is averaging almost 20 yards per carry, and scores a TD once every three times he touches the ball. 

mtindian42

I don't know if he has been mention yet...but I would say the brashers guy from hector is in this class...

playmaker04

Anfernee "Antman" Davis 7 carries 162 yds 4 TDs all in first half. For the year 156-1503-23.

Dragon I

Dancy.  3 carries 102 yards.  I feel bad for the kid.  He wants the ball so bad, but the offense is scoring about every 3 plays.  Last night, JC was up 13 and the offense hadn't even took the field.

cuz

Average yds per carry, no one comes close to Dancy....

Mohawk 54

Quote from: cuz on October 25, 2014, 01:23:23 pm
Average yds per carry, no one comes close to Dancy....

+1 , Dancy is the man

cougarfan15

All the backs mentioned here are amazing athletes. Most of which are accompanied by amazing offensive lines. Tre Burks is in my opinion the best back in 2A. Most of the yards he has have came after contact. And that contact is usually initiated behind the line of scrimmage. Most other backs aren't getting hit until the second or third level of the defense. This kid is the total package. I just wish he had a better O-Line.

FootballDude02

Daquan Greene at Brinkley is in the top....6'2 227 lbs, 4.5 40 yard dash, 320 lb bench press, 610 lb squat...and is only a junior. Can/will run over you or past you. Hard to tackle

G-HIGH

Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 02, 2014, 09:01:02 pm
Daquan Greene at Brinkley is in the top....6'2 227 lbs, 4.5 40 yard dash, 320 lb bench press, 610 lb squat...and is only a junior. Can/will run over you or past you. Hard to tackle
Does he have a hudl page? I'd like to see some highlights. Sounds like a monster.

Dragon I

Yeah.............Um, no.  Call me what you want, but you're going to have a tough time convincing people that know football that those numbers are true, and we've never heard of him. 

Cheek

Quote from: Dragon I on November 03, 2014, 05:45:37 am
Yeah.............Um, no.  Call me what you want, but you're going to have a tough time convincing people that know football that those numbers are true, and we've never heard of him.

I am from England, and it is true.  I have not seen Green play this year, but he is a beast.  I agree with the size, but do not know about the speed.  As a sophomore,  I saw him on the basketball court, and he is built like an SEC. LB.   Green is the grandson of Arkansas great Jerry Eckwood.

RabidWolf

He's a monster on his hudl film. That's for sure.

FootballDude02

Well as a sophomore he was benching 300 and squaring 500. He's one kid that takes takes it all serious; he is a team player and a very humble kid.

FootballDude02

Well sir, good thing I'm not really trying to convince people who "know football", I'm just merely stating. I've learned over time that people hear what that want to hear, and they tend to see only what they look for. Therefore, people only notice what they are focused on, ie: their conference, their running backs, their coach, etc. I made a post back in June/Julyish about offseason numbers, and the response is the same from people; "why aren't they in the weight meets" "you can't convince people that's true" "there's no way a 2a school has this or that"....so no argument, just saying...

cuz

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3423242/daquan-greene

cuz

Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 03, 2014, 07:33:10 am

Well sir, good thing I'm not really trying to convince people who "know football", I'm just merely stating. I've learned over time that people hear what that want to hear, and they tend to see only what they look for. Therefore, people only notice what they are focused on, ie: their conference, their running backs, their coach, etc. I made a post back in June/Julyish about offseason numbers, and the response is the same from people; "why aren't they in the weight meets" "you can't convince people that's true" "there's no way a 2a school has this or that"....so no argument, just saying...
I watched the Hudl page and the young man has some talent but he's not in the class of Dancy from JC. He might get a little close when he's a senior, but he has no where the illusiveness or speed yet to be in that class. No offense meant............

FootballDude02

Well that awesome, no argument here...but do want you to realize that is him as a 10th grader that you are watching...I never stated that he was illusive. Every man is entitled to feel/think the way he he chooses, and I respect your opinion on the matter.

cuz

Quote from: cuz on November 03, 2014, 07:37:14 am
Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 03, 2014, 07:33:10 am

I watched the Hudl page and the young man has some talent but he's not in the class of Dancy from JC.[ He might get a little close when he's a senior, but he has no where the illusiveness or speed yet to be in that class. No offense meant............
Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 03, 2014, 07:48:51 am
Well that awesome, no argument here...but do want you to realize that is him as a 10th grader that you are watching...I never stated that he was illusive. Every man is entitled to feel/think the way he he chooses, and I respect your opinion on the matter.

GusBrown

Jackie Harvell from Gurdon is top 5 on this list

Tigerdad2

If the Brinkley kid, really has that size, speed and strength in the 2A, they should win every game and he should be getting offers from every SEC school

Dragon I

footballfrenzy

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 03, 2014, 11:15:33 am
If the Brinkley kid, really has that size, speed and strength in the 2A, they should win every game and he should be getting offers from every SEC school
Its hard to take measurements and 40 times seriously on this forum. I an sure the kid at Brinkley is talented, but no way does he have that size and speed. He would be toting the rock for the hogs next year if that were the case and it's simply not. That is Todd Gurley in a nutshell and Brinkley High isn't producing the next Gurley.

Tigerdad2

I looked up the 2014 NFL combine results and the Brinkley kid would be in the top 10 with those numbers

mrkingark

I know Cross County played them last year and destroyed them....don't remember anyone like that!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 03, 2014, 11:59:33 am #128 Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:03:09 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: mrkingark on November 03, 2014, 11:43:35 am
I know Cross County played them last year and destroyed them....don't remember anyone like that!

:o

mtindian42

looks better at linebacker...

FootballDude02

That's funny...lol cause he was invited to the Arkansas Elite Prospect football camp this summer, and they (Arkansas coaches) stopped and called him by name out of 200-250 kids. He worked out as a running back an a linebacker at the camp. Only one of 5 players that worked out both ways there. But like I said, not arguing who's better, or begging one to believe...just stating

FootballDude02

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 03, 2014, 12:35:06 pm
looks better at linebacker...
He is an awesome linebacker as well, I must admit...only person had more tackles last year was Ricks from Carlisle. Ricks finished the year with 10 more tackles than Greene.

FootballDude02

Since y'all like hootens so much here's a quote from them
"BRINKLEY (10) at Clarendon: Brinkley playing with more intensity for first-year head coach Ethan Baker. All-league junior tailback Daquan Greene (6-2, 230) hesitates and then hits a hole. Last week he ran for more than 100 yards and recorded 20 tackles in a 42-40 loss to Des Arc." 
That game he rushed for 192 yards. He was there last year against CC, but the set up of the team was TOTALLY different, mentally. And they ran a totally different offense. He scored the first touchdown or two of the game at CC.

Tigerdad2

I'm not disagreeing with anyone, I'm just saying Brinkley should win every game in 2A football, He is a NFL Combine top 10 running back and LB with those numbers

FootballDude02

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on November 03, 2014, 01:04:20 pm
I'm not disagreeing with anyone, I'm just saying Brinkley should win every game in 2A football, He is a NFL Combine top 10 running back and LB with those numbers
Well sir, there is theory and rebuttal to every point or assumption one may make, just let me say thank you.

playmaker04

Quote from: footballfrenzy on November 03, 2014, 11:26:28 am
Its hard to take measurements and 40 times seriously on this forum. I an sure the kid at Brinkley is talented, but no way does he have that size and speed. He would be toting the rock for the hogs next year if that were the case and it's simply not. That is Todd Gurley in a nutshell and Brinkley High isn't producing the next Gurley.
well I don't remember him vs cross county last year but I'm here to tell ya,if he's the grandson of jerry eckwood then that's some pretty good genes right there. One of the best backs to ever come out of the delta along with deangelo Williams.

FootballDude02

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 03, 2014, 01:25:53 pm
Quote from: footballfrenzy on November 03, 2014, 11:26:28 am
well I don't remember him vs cross county last year but I'm here to tell ya,if he's the grandson of jerry eckwood then that's some pretty good genes right there. One of the best backs to ever come out of the delta along with deangelo Williams.
He wore number 42 last year against CC...and year that's his grandfather. He's an awesome kid. A team player, a leader on and off the field, studious of the game, very humble, doesn't ever be connected with trouble, and still a kid at heart! Knows how to turn it on and off.

lionfan59

Might not be the best, but sure did impress me.  #22 from Mt. Pine is a work horse...would look real good behind a solid line. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Here is how i see Dancey, very very good, but here is the kicker when comparing him to other backs.

1. He plays for j.c.
2. Opposing defense's cannot just key on stopping him, because j.c. has to many weapons.
3. He is probably running behind the strongest line in 2A.
4. He probably doesn't play much special teams.
5. Probably doesn't play much defense, i may be wrong on this.
6. He is not expected to carry the entire team on his back.
7. He probably doesn't get hit behind the line of scrimmage often, heck if i didn't get it till i was 10 yards deep into the defense, i could average 10ypc myself.😀

Now, all that being said is not a knock on him, BUT if he played on a team like Brinkley, he would look like a different player. This is something most of the j.c. posters fail to realize. The team helps make him look better.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 03, 2014, 02:34:54 pm
Here is how i see Dancey, very very good, but here is the kicker when comparing him to other backs.

1. He plays for j.c.
2. Opposing defense's cannot just key on stopping him, because j.c. has to many weapons.
7. He probably doesn't get hit behind the line of scrimmage often, heck if i didn't get it till i was 10 yards deep into the defense, i could average 10ypc myself.😀

Now, all that being said is not a knock on him, BUT if he played on a team like Brinkley, he would look like a different player. This is something most of the j.c. posters fail to realize. The team helps make him look better.
First, just because he plays for JC he shouldn't be penalized. He does play for special teams and up unto this year some defense. No one at JC is expected to carry the whole team, that's one thing that separates them from other teams. If Evans, or Armstrong are running the ball he put's forth the effort to block for them so they have the same opportunity as he does when he runs the ball. Watch the clip and you will see he gets hit behind the line, he gets surrounded by players but he doesn't go down. True he might look like a different player if he played for someone else but I believe he would still stand out. If that wasn't the case all the other backs mentioned must be like superman......I think there are several great backs in the 2a but there is only one Dancy. Watch.......
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1627334/highlights/138064379

mtindian42

1. He plays for j.c.

+1

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 03, 2014, 03:01:19 pm

1. He plays for j.c.

First, just because he plays for JC he shouldn't be penalized. He does play for special teams and up unto this year some defense. No one at JC is expected to carry the whole team, that's one thing that separates them from other teams. If Evans, or Armstrong are running the ball he put's forth the effort to block for them so they have the same opportunity as he does when he runs the ball. Watch the clip and you will see he gets hit behind the line, he gets surrounded by players but he doesn't go down. True he might look like a different player if he played for someone else but I believe he would still stand out. If that wasn't the case all the other backs mentioned must be like superman......I think there are several great backs in the 2a but there is only one Dancy. Watch.......
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1627334/highlights/138064379

Nothing i said was meant to "penalize" him, just how i see the argument as who is the best going. As for the comments on Brinkley winning every game, thats just dumb, i mean Dixon didnt make strong win every game, and didnt really explode till late his sr year when he got moved to qb. If dixon would have played on j.c.'s team for his high school career, he would be in the SEC now.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I wasnt talking bad about j.c.at all, you j.c. guys need to get that edge off. I know yall are a great team. Geez

lionfan59

They just have not net Humnoke yet,  now that's a great team.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 03, 2014, 03:21:50 pm
I wasnt talking bad about j.c.at all, you j.c. guys need to get that edge off. I know y'all are a great team. Geez
Hey Pick no offence was taken I just said what I thought. Most people don't see much of Dancy thus the Hudl.wasn't trying to offend you either. Dancy does just a lot more than run behind good blocking..

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 03, 2014, 04:14:39 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 03, 2014, 03:21:50 pm
I wasnt talking bad about j.c.at all, you j.c. guys need to get that edge off. I know y'all are a great team. Geez
Hey Pick no offence was taken I just said what I thought. Most people don't see much of Dancy thus the Hudl.wasn't trying to offend you either. Dancy does just a lot more than run behind good blocking..

No problem, but what some posters don't realize, is that some of these backs are running behind little to no blocking.

Dragon I

Not like they're trying to run at the late eighties Bears D exactly.  Dancy puts up big numbers on the good teams.  Look at the Smackover game this year.

THA TRUTH

Dancy has never played defense he has only done offense and special teams since sophomore year

FootballDude02

It all makes a difference too...if all the guys only went one way and had the line, it would be a different story...Greene plays running back and middle linebacker. I'll never take anything away from ANY KID. Im all for the kids. Love to see them beat the statistic! I've been there and done that. Just looking forward to seeing some of these kids play on the next level

Wildcat Fan

I've seen a lot of good backs in my time but Dancy is the best i've seen a long time. He is the best in 2A and one of the best backs in the state period.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas