• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Rusher in 2A

Started by DnA Prostaff, October 02, 2014, 11:22:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DnA Prostaff

Just curious about opinions, I have seen several teams in the 4-2a play and Mountainburg has a kid running the ball that has really impressed me.

Who is the best rusher in 2a?

02cat

Not gonna say he is the best but Tyler Brashear from Hector will just run you over. Don't have neck breaking speed but he makes up for it in heart and determination.

playmaker04

Anfernee Davis of Cross County. Legitimate 4.4 speed. Just a Jr. Had 1600 yards as a soph and was hurt half the season. Hip pointer this year but has around 750 yards thru 4 games.

WPWells

How about everyone just stop saying someone from their own school? It's clear that it's Dancy from JC

02cat

So I guess that means JC can't talk about Dancy? Haven't seen him since last year so why would I say something about him.

Pastureboy21

I dont know his name but the boy from Gurdon can run that ball. Nuff said.

LCC

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 02, 2014, 12:14:58 pm
How about everyone just stop saying someone from their own school? It's clear that it's Dancy from JC
Do you think the best offensive line in 2A has anything to do with his success? Put Dancy on Marvell's team and he wouldn't break 1,000 yds. Look at Thomas at hermitage. Good back with a bad line.

DnA Prostaff

Great point! Clayton Stephenson is a junior running back from Mountainburg, has a big hard hitting offensive line, over 1000 yards already.

DnA Prostaff

Dancy from JC is legit, good combo there with a GOOD line and a great back

02cat

Quote from: LCC on October 02, 2014, 12:33:03 pm
Do you think the best offensive line in 2A has anything to do with his success? Put Dancy on Marvell's team and he wouldn't break 1,000 yds. Look at Thomas at hermitage. Good back with a bad line.
Great point, can't run past the line of scrimmage if there ain't anyone there to block for ya.

hssportfan

Davis from Cross County. Best pure runner that sees the field very well. By the way, he did grow up in Lepanto and we still wish him well.

THA TRUTH

Dancy is the best in 2a speed strength agility vision he has it all u can't hold it against him that he has a better team he on gets maybe 12 carries a game if even that

mtindian42

I would say Davis from cc...and if I'm not mistaken. he is only a Jr...scary...lol

LCC

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 02, 2014, 01:23:57 pm
Dancy is the best in 2a speed strength agility vision he has it all u can't hold it against him that he has a better team he on gets maybe 12 carries a game if even that
I'm not taking anything away from him. Great back, no doubt. I'm saying that someone like Thomas from Hermitage may be as good, or better, within JC's system. I'm willing to bet that JCs offseason, O-line, coaches, and expectations would be considerably better than Hermitage's. Does Dancy play defense too? I don't know, but I know Thomas does. You just can't compare apples to apples when you look at JC compared to anyone in 2A

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 02, 2014, 01:23:57 pm
[/quote

He is good. He'strong, No doubt, but his speed and size are contributing factors why he will not  get a U of A offer, and thats not my opinion, that was said by a Arkansas sports analist on 103.7 last week. Will agree he is the best in 8AA hands down.

jac12_06

Burks or Burkes from Lafayette County and Dancy from JC, hands down, no questions.

THA TRUTH

He was said to had run a 4.39 at a nike event so idk where the speed comment came from but anyway it looks like la tech is getting another union county steal

bleudog

October 02, 2014, 03:19:44 pm #17 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:31:35 pm by bleudog
Dancy was MVP of two state championship games (one as a sophomore and one as a junior).

He probably has just (or will shortly) taken over second place in career rushing yards at JC. I understand he's within striking distance of taking over the number one spot.

He has a D-I offer (as a running back), which he has verbally accepted.

Pretty good resume for best rusher in 2A.

bdubyab60

October 02, 2014, 03:29:51 pm #18 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 03:33:22 pm by bdubyab60
Davis will get an offer. Astate, Hogs and Memphis watching him closely. Kid looks likes he's jogging but everyone else just keeps losing ground. CC line is better than last year but he makes a lot from nothing if you know what I mean.

mtindian42

Quote from: bleudog on October 02, 2014, 03:19:44 pm
Dancy was MVP of state championship games as both a sophomore and junior.

He probably just took over second place in career rushing yards at JC. I understand he's within striking distance of taking over the number one spot.

He has a D-I offer (as a running back), which he has verbally accepted.

Pretty good resume for best rusher in 2A.
fumble prone...needs to play defence in college...

THA TRUTH

Na he will play running back and they will use him like they did tevin King until he got hurt

THA TRUTH

Most of his fumbles come from fighting for extra yards he will have to learn to take what he is given in college

Just My Opinion

Dancy from JC and Harvel from Gurdon.

big E

mtindian42

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 02, 2014, 03:40:19 pm
Na he will play running back and they will use him like they did tevin King until he got hurt
fly sweeps? and wildcat?

THA TRUTH

Different packages like that if he hadn't got hurt Dixon prolly wouldn't have had the record breaking year

Ball Hawk

Always hilarious to see how many kids in 2A football run 4.4's or better.....

THA TRUTH

I know so much lying going on these days

Ball Hawk

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 02, 2014, 07:37:23 pm

I'm 99.9% sure Dancy doesn't run a 4.4 and he is by far the best RB in 2A, probably top 5 in state.

I got a buddy at LA Tech, I'll see what they have on his file. I do know they LOVE Dancy though.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 02, 2014, 07:45:12 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 02, 2014, 07:37:23 pm

I'm 99.9% sure Dancy doesn't run a 4.4 and he is by far the best RB in 2A, probably top 5 in state.

I got a buddy at LA Tech, I'll see what they have on his file. I do know they LOVE Dancy though.
If he is by far he would have more offers. Davis is no joke. If he was at JC you guys would be talking about him.

bigworm

So kids from 2A schools aren't allowed to run 4.4? I don't think 4.4 is the problem. Being big enough to play at the next level and run 4.4 is the problem. Not saying any of them can. Just sayin small dudes run fast but small dudes seldom get to play next level football.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: bigworm on October 02, 2014, 10:26:20 pm
So kids from 2A schools aren't allowed to run 4.4? I don't think 4.4 is the problem. Being big enough to play at the next level and run 4.4 is the problem. Not saying any of them can. Just sayin small dudes run fast but small dudes seldom get to play next level football.

A legit 4.4 in the 40 yard dash is WORLD CLASS SPEED.

To many fans don't comprehend that.

Dragon I

4.4 is tossed around way to easily. 

02cat

October 02, 2014, 11:04:54 pm #33 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:18:37 pm by 02cat
Our biggest lineman at Hector could run a 4.4, all ya gotta do is put a big ole juicy steak in front of him and try to make him catch it. On another note, Dancy is great but I don't see why this has to turn into a big debate. Everyone thinks there running back from their school is the best. As long as you support and cheer your team on to give it there all every Friday night, they are the best in the state in my eyes. Lets Go Wildcats!!!! How ya doing Dragon? Hope I get to see you guys again this year.

Dragon I

Doing pretty good.  It's not looking good for a JC/Hector matchup right now, so we might have to catch up at another game.

DragonBorn

October 03, 2014, 12:33:12 am #35 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:40:09 am by DragonBorn
Quote from: Dragon I on October 02, 2014, 11:24:24 pm
Doing pretty good.  It's not looking good for a JC/Hector matchup right now, so we might have to catch up at another game.
I personally whitnessed carpenter record 2 4.3's in a row for dancy. That's just hand recorded time but I heard he went to a camp and recorded a 4.3 laser time. I've seen enough times to believe dancy runs a <4.4 40

Ball Hawk

Quote from: DragonBorn on October 03, 2014, 12:33:12 am
Quote from: Dragon I on October 02, 2014, 11:24:24 pm
I personally whitnessed carpenter record 2 4.3's in a row for dancy. That's just hand recorded time but I heard he went to a camp and recorded a 4.3 laser time. I've seen enough times to believe dancy runs a <4.4 40

Go ahead and call that handheld time a 4.5 something.

The kid doesn't run 4.3, lol. With his stats, if he ran a 4.3 he would have every school in the UNIVERSE on him.

Ball Hawk

Last thing, anyone that can run a 4.3......would have the 10th fastest 40 time ever at the combine....

DragonBorn

Hey data is data, I have heard multiple laser time that lead me to believe he is the fastest back in the state. Beleive what you want but seeing is believing

bdubyab60

In the end what does it matter on here. He's faster than every one that is trying to catch him

DragonBorn

False: Armstrong is faster in a footrace.  He isn't as heavily recruited though is the sad thing

Dragon I

If Dancy is a legit 4.45 guy, I will be amazed.  What is funny, is he ran away from Jordan Jones twice in the JC/Smackover game, and all you hear from those guys in Smackover is 4.3 forty talk.

mtindian42

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 02, 2014, 04:52:58 pm
Different packages like that if he hadn't got hurt Dixon prolly wouldn't have had the record breaking year
la tech seen something...they are going to use him. I just think it might be for D tho.

THA TRUTH

Hey that's an arkansas camp that 40 time might as well be written in red jk but yea speed isn't what makes a great back it's a total package

cuz

Quote from: LCC on October 02, 2014, 12:33:03 pm
It's what Dancy does with the ball after he gets it that separates him. A lot of yds really don't mean a lot when you don't ever play anyone. Plus Dancy very seldom will get to play more than a quarter or half till playoffs. If he wasn't D-1 caliber he wouldn't draw the attention he does.............. ;)

Bodyguard

From my observations, Davis is on a Ninja and Dancy rides a Hyabusa with Jet Packs. There is fast and there is lightning, Dancy is pure speed partner...

Ball Hawk

Quote from: DragonBorn on October 03, 2014, 12:55:35 am
Hey data is data, I have heard multiple laser time that lead me to believe he is the fastest back in the state. Beleive what you want but seeing is believing

Data isn't data.

I'm telling you they shave the 40 down for those kids to make them feel better. Confidence in speed goes A LONG way. It also doesn't hurt a thing to shave their time down, that's why everyone does it.

It's also why you see guys that ran "4.4's" in college go to the NFL combine and run 4.6 or 4.7. There's no lying going on there.

LC_Cougars

Tre Bruks from Lafayette County is hands down the best back in 2A. Started getting attention from colleges as a sophomore and living the hype as a junior. He had 25 carries for a few yards over 300 and 6 touchdowns agasinst murfreesboro last week. I understand it was murfreesboro but still that is impressive. Looking forward to another huge game tonight against an undermatched springhill team. 2A is full of quality backs.

LC_Cougars

THA TRUTH

If dancy got 25 carries records would be broken

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas