• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 2A Football

Started by bigworm, April 28, 2014, 09:14:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

Oldirty10

I guess I've missed it but when did Poyen become a dominant football program, we are gonna beat them by as much as we want! But we'll take care of the Pine first

Bagheera

I guess we can wait till they beat England to call them dominant. Would that be more appropriate?  ;)

baseballgod91

Guys just wait two more weeks then maybe these delusional England fans will stop talking noise and making excuses.

True Fan

Quote from: baseballgod91 on October 24, 2014, 09:21:17 am
Guys just wait two more weeks then maybe these delusional England fans will stop talking noise and making excuses.

Nah, as usual, they'll just light up the basketball boards. ;D

lionfan59

Quote from: True Fan on October 23, 2014, 09:31:33 pm
Anythings possible. Well, except Pine or England winning out.
we shall see.... but as long as the boys play the way the way we know they can play, then they will win out. 

lionfan59

Quote from: True Fan on October 24, 2014, 09:32:59 am
Quote from: baseballgod91 on October 24, 2014, 09:21:17 am

Nah, as usual, they'll just light up the basketball boards. ;D
and once again...we shall see....and as far as basketball boards go...it will be a late return to the court for our boys.....but since as you want to talk BB....do yall want to play our girls this year  so you may at least be able to hang with us on the court? 

True Fan

First or second round isn't a deep run. ;D Four seeds have to travel.

I hate basketball. The only reason I ever came to the gym was because my girls played. My baby is a senior and decided not to hoop this year. Praise Jesus. But if you want to talk girl sports, it seems like we are about even on the games my kids have faced y'all on the court. Only because of twins and England refs.
MC has totally dominated every other girls sport.

bigworm

Quote from: True Fan on October 24, 2014, 11:29:11 am

I hate basketball. The only reason I ever came to the gym was because my girls played. My baby is a senior and decided not to hoop this year. Praise Jesus. But if you want to talk girl sports, it seems like we are about even on the games my kids have faced y'all on the court. Only because of twins and England refs.

really? Refs? really? no way refs make a difference in a game. just pikin atcha true. good luck tonight. i think them panthers gonna be tuff.

True Fan

No doubt, worm. Always seems to be a battle. It's a great rivalry.

Y'all shouldn't have any trouble. ;)

lionfan59

See I used to like you until you said you hated basketball now... I just don't know what were going to do with ya true ??? ??? ???

mtindian42

BigLion10

Now True you know you love coming over to England and having to step over the whole team and fans just to get back to your seat with the popcorn  ;D

True Fan

Nachos, Big. I'm a nachos guy. ;)

DogsWin7

BigLion10

Can't blame you True I'm kind of fond of nachos myself

N2DEEP

Frito pie is where it is at.

Good Luck tonight 5-2A.

PPRD

BigLion10

I do like a frito pie as well

gatecrasher

CMS 7, CC 0, barely a minute into the game

gatecrasher

Conway Christian 28, CMS 21 at recess.
A blocking in the back penalty that nullified a CMS touchdown keeps this from being tied.

True Fan

Gate showed up for a minute and faded back to black. ;D

Hawgpilot

CCS killed CMS tonight 64-35

Thatruth

Conway Christian wins out. Poyen finishes second and magnet third. England loses to poyen week 10 and gets the 4 seed. This is all a fact just wait for it.

Sweet

Conway Christian5065
Poyen4144
Magnet Cove4142
England3239
CMS2326
Bigelow2326
Mountain Pine050
Quitman050

Next week:

MC @ CC
Poyen @ MP
Quitman @ England
CMS @ Bigelow

gatecrasher

Gate had a 5 yr old that was keeping him busy lol.
That, and I was starving, and trying to keep up with my El Dorado Wildcats (we lost to PB).

CMS kept it close for 2½ quarters. Looks like Bigelow/CMS is for the 5 seed, am I right?

True Fan

I understand completely.

And yes, big game next week for that 5th spot.

SR30

Doesn't really matter who wins out or what seed anyone is..As much of a magnet cove fan as I am nobody in any conference is going to come close to challenging Junction City..that's just the reality of it

True Fan

It matters. Go as far as you can and further than you should. That's how you build character with the kids. Don't concede anything. Keep battling and make them earn it.

Sweet

When you live in JC high school sports is most likely the apex of your life anyway.

Alien

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 24, 2014, 08:30:02 pm
Conway Christian 28, CMS 21 at recess.
A blocking in the back penalty that nullified a CMS touchdown keeps this from being tied.
The block in the back also kept the Conway Christian defender from stopping the touchdown that was called back

D-Dawg

Someone told meJC has 5 D-1 prospects on their team?  How could this possibly happen in the 2-A? 

cuz

Quote from: True Fan on October 24, 2014, 11:15:15 pm
It matters. Go as far as you can and further than you should. That's how you build character with the kids. Don't concede anything. Keep battling and make them earn it.
+1 TF Anyone can be beat on a given Friday..............

bigworm

Quote from: cuz on October 25, 2014, 09:40:20 am

except yall, cuz. Well maybe if the stars aligned and all your seniors said screw football. Lol.

cuz

Quote from: bigworm on October 25, 2014, 02:30:42 pm
Quote from: cuz on October 25, 2014, 09:40:20 am

except yall, cuz. Well maybe if the stars aligned and all your seniors said screw football. Lol.
Worm nice you feel that way, but JC got clipped by Strong when they shouldn't of. The big head and over-confidence can beat anyone...... ;)

Dragon I

I know you might find this hard to believe from us ole country folk down here in nola/sola, but one of JC's star athletes was an advisor for Mike Huckabee when he was governor and made his bid for the Presidency.  I also know we have several ex students working in DC in governmental jobs.  Yep, not only can we kick butt down here, but that drive that is put in those kids to be the absolute best on the field, also drives these kids after high school.

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I on October 25, 2014, 06:05:52 pm
I know you might find this hard to believe from us ole country folk down here in nola/sola, but one of JC's star athletes was an advisor for Mike Huckabee when he was governor and made his bid for the Presidency.  I also know we have several ex students working in DC in governmental jobs.  Yep, not only can we kick butt down here, but that drive that is put in those kids to be the absolute best on the field, also drives these kids after high school.
Which I might add D I will benefit a kid a whole lot more than a state ring. One reason they push grades just as much.... +1.  DI

gatecrasher

So a 2A school can't have five D-1 kids?

News flash: It's called a weight program and coaching.

wawa111

Coaching has very little to do with DI players! I don't know that don phillips has ever put a kid in a division 1 school, but he is a great coach! D1 is genetics and work ethic! PERIOD!

gatecrasher

To the best of my knowledge JC didn't have a D-1 player till Carpenter came along....

wawa111

Has he had one every year he's coached? And at every school he has coached at? Bc your logic says he would have one every year Bc he is a good coach!

gatecrasher

You're trying to read between the lines.
All I said was that they didn't have one till he came along.

Programs that regularly produce D-1 kids don't produce them every single year. That's actually dumb logic.

ATU

I said the same thing a few years ago how can a  4a school Shiloh  have 4 D1 players and 4 D2 players on the same team being a small private school.Were did all these players come from was what i kept asking myself.

lionfan59

Back to making this about the 5-2a.  Looks like the number one slot was wrapped up last night and this Friday is the Fight for the number two slot.  Keep on hateing on us Delta boys. It's only made them stronger. As I said a few weeks ago. England will end the number 2 slot in the 5-2a.

jdwalk

Quote from: lionfan59 on November 01, 2014, 05:39:00 pm
Back to making this about the 5-2a.  Looks like the number one slot was wrapped up last night and this Friday is the Fight for the number two slot.  Keep on hateing on us Delta boys. It's only made them stronger. As I said a few weeks ago. England will end the number 2 slot in the 5-2a.
The Lions won't wrap it up if they show up Friday. The game is Thursday.

baseballgod91

Jdwalk thats that "delta" education for ya

BigLion10

Hope we don't wait till Friday and show up lol. What's the parking situation at the games look like 91

baseballgod91

Parkings fine. Id say we could hold about 500

True Fan

And then some, parking's not an issue.

lionfan59

Well played well played!!!!

gatecrasher

Well, Conway Christian better enjoy things for now....
They host Junction City in the 3rd rd.
Season ends that night with a loud thud.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas