• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Post Season Sites

Started by biglion1985, December 16, 2018, 09:00:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

biglion1985

December 16, 2018, 09:00:48 pm Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 05:03:01 pm by HorseFeathers
District
1 East--Clinton
1 West--West Fork
2--Bald Knob
3--Manila
4--Two Rivers
5--Episcopal
6--
7--centerpoint
8--Drew Central

Region Bids
Region 1-- Mountain View
Region 2--Perryville
Region 3--Trumann
Region 4--Prescott

State--Osceola

biglion1985

District 3 tourney is going to be at Manila

ISU7

Quote from: biglion1985 on December 16, 2018, 09:20:14 pm
District 3 tourney is going to be at Manila
Good deal short drive. 8)

teachers pet

CTEPirateFan

baller334

biglion1985

It would be nice if Trumann would get regionals

hsindian

I'm guessing Hoxie gets it.

Hitman Warrior23

Why would state be at the border of the state? To me that's crazy!

baller334

It's between Hoxie and Trumann

baller334

It was 50 miles from Louisiana last year so what's the difference?

biglion1985

What's everybody's deal with it being in northeast Arkansas

Longfellow

Quote from: biglion1985 on January 10, 2019, 01:37:26 am
What's everybody's deal with it being in northeast Arkansas
I think it's that most of the teams who will make the playoffs will have to drive more than 3 hours

ISU7

Quote from: Longfellow on January 10, 2019, 01:41:14 am
I think it's that most of the teams who will make the playoffs will have to drive more than 3 hours
Welcome to the club.😂🤣

biglion1985

I agree with ISU7 every year we up here has to travel that same distance so I don't see the difference

hsindian

If other schools don't want to travel the they should bid on it. Osceola was the only school to bid. As far as people wanting it to be held at a college, the colleges don't want it. They would have to hire people to help run it, at these high schools they get parents and local citizens to volunteer.

eagle1

There was a time when Jessieville bid on everything. Any reason why no bid on region or state this year?

teachers pet

I heard not enough volunteers but you have to let people know you need help, lots of retired people around there.

biglion1985

When are they gonna announce who got the regionals and state

3 Dollar

Currently announcing them now.  Saving Basketball till last I guess.  They've announced Baseball, Softball, Soccer, Track, and now Volleyball for next Fall.

biglion1985

Alrighty thanks for the info

3 Dollar

January 10, 2019, 04:08:31 pm #21 Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 05:52:29 pm by 3 Dollar
IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

3A State Tournament:  Osceola

3A Regions:

1 - Mountain View
2 - No Bid
3 - Trumann
4 - Prescott

biglion1985

teachers pet

Region 3 Trumann
Region 4 Prescott
Region 1 Mt. View
Region 2 ?

biglion1985

bobcats

Quote from: eagle1 on January 10, 2019, 11:15:04 am
There was a time when Jessieville bid on everything. Any reason why no bid on region or state this year?

Yes there was a time when they would host state or regionals every year.  That was when George Foshee was superintendent. 

smallybells

I had someone at the Jr High ball game tell me that Perryville had put in for regionals, don't know reliable the source, just thought I would mention.

teachers pet

January 11, 2019, 07:00:12 am #27 Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:12:53 am by teachers pet
I heard Jessieville was working on getting the bid.

3 Dollar

Any more word on the Region 2 Location?

BossBaby

AAA website says Perryville is hosting region 2.

teachers pet

I've gone to AAA website and all I've seen is TBD.

LRRandy

Quote from: 3 Dollar on January 13, 2019, 08:23:46 am
Any more word on the Region 2 Location?
this morning I was told Jacksonville lighthouse. I find that hard to believe, so I'm not sure about my "source". If there is a minimum seating requirement, I don't think they hit it.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: LRRandy on January 13, 2019, 10:52:34 am
this morning I was told Jacksonville lighthouse. I find that hard to believe, so I'm not sure about my "source". If there is a minimum seating requirement, I don't think they hit it.

AAA website - sports & activities tab - basketball - 2019 State & Regional Sites - region 2 - Perryville

HorseFeathers

I may have missed them but what about the 2 district hosts we're missing? Districts 6 and 7.

LRRandy

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on January 13, 2019, 11:20:22 am
AAA website - sports & activities tab - basketball - 2019 State & Regional Sites - region 2 - Perryville
👍

teachers pet

Found it, thanks. Not much of a gym for regional but that's what you get when no one bids.

FoxandHound34

Lighthouse built a new gym this year didn't they?

teachers pet

I'm talking about Perryville, that's who got region 2.

teachers pet

What's the seating capacity and parking at Perryville and do they have bleachers only?

birddawg1986

Quote from: teachers pet on January 15, 2019, 09:51:15 am
What's the seating capacity and parking at Perryville and do they have bleachers only?
30+years ago the 2A state tournament was at Perryville for 2-3 years in 86,88,89. this is when they even played the championship games at these sites, and not at Pine Bluff, LR or Hot Springs.

smallybells

Quote from: teachers pet on January 15, 2019, 09:51:15 am

I am not certain on the capacity, but it is bleachers only.

teachers pet

Not to ridicule any school, but in 2019 3A schools should update their gyms to include stadium seating in at least half the total seating, especially if they want to host post season tournaments. JMO

smallybells

Quote from: teachers pet on January 15, 2019, 10:59:37 am
Not to ridicule any school, but in 2019 3A schools should update their gyms to include stadium seating in at least half the total seating, especially if they want to host post season tournaments. JMO

Lol, we just got air conditioning in there this year, I'm not holding my breath on stadium seating  ;D

Ctucker

yes because there is just all kinds of money out there for ever district

smallybells

Quote from: Ctucker on January 15, 2019, 11:06:24 am
yes because there is just all kinds of money out there for ever district

Exactly, all of this has to be funded through millage tax increases, and those are hard to get passed as people are taxed to death as it is already. Perryville did pass a millage increase this last election that included a cooling system for the gym, a new cafeteria/auditorium and safe room. The old cafeteria was built in the 60's and our current gym was built in the 80's, so I don't see anything happening with it in the near future.

teachers pet

This is when you need a successful, rich alumnus to come in and spread the wealth! lol

HorseFeathers

Maybe the schools with this should bid the first time around 🤷

teachers pet

teh29

Can someone explain how trumann got the regional? I thought they were 4a. I know they have the blended conference for regular season play.   But I thought once post season play began.. Everyone played against their classification? I'm confused on this one..  Someone help me out.. 

teachers pet

There are several 4A schools that are 3A in basketball this year and they will play in 3A post season tournaments.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas