• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it too early to talk about 2018 yet?

Started by HG Hornet, December 13, 2017, 11:45:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HG Hornet

CLASS 3A
1-3A: Booneville, Cedarville, Charleston, Greenland, Lamar, Mansfield, Paris, West Fork
2-3A: Cedar Ridge, Clinton, Harding Academy, Marshall, Melbourne, Mountain View, Rose Bud, Yellville-Summit
3-3A: Corning, Harrisburg, Hoxie, Manila, Newport, Osceola, Piggott, Walnut Ridge
4-3A: Atkins, Baptist Prep, Danville, Glen Rose, Jessieville, Mayflower, Perryville, Two Rivers
5-3A: Bismarck, Camden Harmony Grove, Centerpoint, Fouke, Genoa Central, Horatio, Prescott, Smackover
6-3A: Barton, Drew Central, Episcopal Collegiate, Lake Village, McGehee, Palestine-Wheatley, Pine Bluff Dollarway, Rison

I think my Hornets could pull off a few wins in the 2018 5-3A.  We're graduating a great senior class, but this year's underclassmen made big plays for us all year long.   

beach bum

1-3A
1.Booneville (too much beast mode)
2.Charleston (too much tradition, they'll keep winning even with the loss of their stud WR)
3.Lamar ( young group that improved through out the season & expect a good year for them)
4.Cedarville (might be the most improved team in 2018, bring up a good JH group and most of the roster remains)
5.Mansfield (good offense, they started a lot of sophomores and I see a slightly better defense)
6.Greenland  (good run game but lacking enough defense)
7.Paris (they lose all their offensive firepower)
8.West Fork (they may prove me wrong back in 3A but I still see them at the bottom like in the 4-4A this year)

-Look for Booneville and Charleston to be way ahead of Lamar and the rest

-Lamar should be a cut above the 4 through 7 seeds

-The 4 through 7 spots you could really put any of those teams in a hat and pick them in any of those 4 spots & have a good case. Cedarville, Mansfield, Greenland, and Paris is where the parity will come in for the last 2 playoff spots.

870ARK

3-3A
Newport: (Newport loses a few playmakers, but the team overall is barely affected, enough talent with the freshman class to be a new monster).
Osceola: (Coach of the year, and enough talent to make any team shiver).
Hoxie: (Good coach and HUGE offensive/defensive line).
Piggott: (aggressive team, hard-nosed line, and runners will make them a force in the upcoming season).
Manila: (A younger team last year I think they will do alright, nothing huge a few wins).
Walnut Ridge: (Big, and the physical team going to a good one).
Harrisburg: (Well this could be the team that breaks the corning curse).
Corning: (Will this be the year corning breaks the curse and gets on track with a successful program?)
With the loss of Rivercrest, and the gain of Harrisburg I think the 3-3A will have a 3-3A will have a rebuilding year. I think the Noles, Hounds, and maybe the Mustangs will go far in the playoffs, but some of these teams could surprise me.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: beach bum on December 13, 2017, 01:30:46 pm
1-3A
1.Booneville (too much beast mode)
2.Charleston (too much tradition, they'll keep winning even with the loss of their stud WR)
3.Lamar ( young group that improved through out the season & expect a good year for them)
4.Cedarville (might be the most improved team in 2018, bring up a good JH group and most of the roster remains)
5.Mansfield (good offense, they started a lot of sophomores and I see a slightly better defense)
6.Greenland  (good run game but lacking enough defense)
7.Paris (they lose all their offensive firepower)
8.West Fork (they may prove me wrong back in 3A but I still see them at the bottom like in the 4-4A this year)

-Look for Booneville and Charleston to be way ahead of Lamar and the rest

-Lamar should be a cut above the 4 through 7 seeds

-The 4 through 7 spots you could really put any of those teams in a hat and pick them in any of those 4 spots & have a good case. Cedarville, Mansfield, Greenland, and Paris is where the parity will come in for the last 2 playoff spots.
It's going to seem really weird talking about Chuck, Lamar, and Paris in the 1-3A.

beach bum

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 13, 2017, 03:49:32 pm
It's going to seem really weird talking about Chuck, Lamar, and Paris in the 1-3A.

I was thinking the same thing.... With no 2A or 3A teams virtually at all in the NWA area it has created some funky looking conferences especially in 3A this time. And thinking of Glen Rose, Baptist Prep, and Jessieville in the 4-3A is weird too.

MR#1

Historically speaking, though at different classifications, the 6-3A has some championships --- Barton, McGhee, Dollarway, and Rison.

Can somebody analyze these district and predict the order of finish in 2018?

ea cat

6-3A
1A- Rison 8 State Championships                           lots of talent well coached.
1B  McGehee 7 State Championships                      18-19 returning starters.
3    Barton 8 State Championships                          Always in the hunt.
4    Dollarway 5 State Championships                     Depends on who they get as coach. Athletic
5    Lake Village 3 State Championships Pre 1952    Athletic and Athletic
6    Palestine Wheatley                                          Welcome to 3A
7    Drew Central                                                  Who will coach them?
8    LR Episcapol                                                    Only win this year was Drew Central.

CoolBreeze

In the 2-3A, Clinton and Harding Academy will likely be contenders for the top spot. Do fans from the old 1-3A have any insights as to which of the other teams could challenge them?

Leo Marvin

Really excited about Newport next year.  Lead by the defense this year. Next year It will be time to unleash the offense.  Just about everyone back plus adding several playmakers.  Should be a great year

QBDad

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 14, 2017, 01:58:17 pm
In the 2-3A, Clinton and Harding Academy will likely be contenders for the top spot. Do fans from the old 1-3A have any insights as to which of the other teams could challenge them?

Melbourne will have most of their team back next year after a 9-3 run that ended in the cotton patch to Rivercrest. This years team was full of young guys including a sophomore QB. They are well coached and have a love for the game. Should be a fun year.

ISU7

Quote from: ea cat on December 14, 2017, 08:57:14 am
6-3A
1A- Rison 8 State Championships                           lots of talent well coached.
1B  McGehee 7 State Championships                      18-19 returning starters.
4    Dollarway 5 State Championships                     Depends on who they get as coach. Athletic
7    Drew Central                                                  Who will coach them?
8    LR Episcapol                                                    Only win this year was Drew Central.
Rison should change their team name to the Rison elevators. SMH

Paperman

Yes, the realignments have created some strange and hard to understand rivalries!

Jabali

6-3A

History second to none. Hard to believe it has been 14 years since one of these programs (Rison 2004) won state.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: beach bum on December 13, 2017, 01:30:46 pm

I think Doc likes this group. That means they will work hard. Look for them to be back in the hunt this year.

snoopy22

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on January 28, 2018, 08:12:03 pm
I think Doc likes this group. That means they will work hard. Look for them to be back in the hunt this year.
Back in the hunt for what?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Within the top few teams in the conference.

beach bum

Lamar is going to beat Charleston or play them very, very close.... That's my feeling about the 1-3A fight for the #2 seed.

KOJACK

MICHAELSPAPPY

snoopy22

ToughGuy91

870ARK

How's the 3A-3 going to look this year?

WonderWartHawg

6-3A

McGehee and Barton will be tough games for Rison that I think could go either way. Depending on quality of coach Dollarway gets, could be as well - the athletes are there.  This will be a pretty competitive conference, at least in the top half.

501Arkansas

Quote from: 870ARK on March 12, 2018, 02:09:01 pm
How's the 3A-3 going to look this year?
Newport is going to be pretty tough they return some pretty good players. One of them is Joe Broadus which is a monster on both sides of the ball. Osceola will still be pretty good as they lose Derrell Brown, Taylen Gavin, Robert White, steveon  Flowers and Jeffery Littleton. I ran into Coach hooks yesterday at Wal-Mart he said they look good on paper. He said he is proud of the guys, they are getting stronger and he will know how good they going to look around May. Osceola and Newport will be 1 and 2 seeds out the 3a-3. I think Hoxie and piggott going to be good as well as they will battle for the 3rd and 4th seed. But we will see.

sprained ankle

Newport loses 4 kids off the team that went 8-4 last year. They return their QB, running backs, receivers, and their entire offensive line. There are 2 0r 3 kids moving up from the Junior High team that will help them also. They could be decent in 2018, expectations are high!! Go HOUNDS!

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on March 13, 2018, 06:29:17 am
Newport is going to be pretty tough they return some pretty good players. One of them is Joe Broadus which is a monster on both sides of the ball. Osceola will still be pretty good as they lose Derrell Brown, Taylen Gavin, Robert White, steveon  Flowers and Jeffery Littleton. I ran into Coach hooks yesterday at Wal-Mart he said they look good on paper. He said he is proud of the guys, they are getting stronger and he will know how good they going to look around May. Osceola and Newport will be 1 and 2 seeds out the 3a-3. I think Hoxie and piggott going to be good as well as they will battle for the 3rd and 4th seed. But we will see.
You forgot the qb Flie and ol Bass. Brown was over 70 percent of the offense and will be missed. We know that  looking good on paper is not the same as on the field as some teams found that out last season. ;D 8) Newport should win this conference and the rest will battle for 2-5 but you have to play the game. Good luck to the 3-3A

4real

Hope Osceola and Coach Hooks do well. Got to meet him a few years ago and was thoroughly impressed with him.  Glad someone like him gets to make an impact in a community that will appreciate him

501Arkansas

Quote from: 4real on March 18, 2018, 12:55:16 pm
Hope Osceola and Coach Hooks do well. Got to meet him a few years ago and was thoroughly impressed with him.  Glad someone like him gets to make an impact in a community that will appreciate him
He's a good guy

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on March 18, 2018, 03:32:06 am
You forgot the qb Flie and ol Bass. Brown was over 70 percent of the offense and will be missed. We know that  looking good on paper is not the same as on the field as some teams found that out last season. ;D 8) Newport should win this conference and the rest will battle for 2-5 but you have to play the game. Good luck to the 3-3A
+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas