• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colbert to replace Letterman on Late Night

Started by ricepig, April 10, 2014, 11:41:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Your thoughts, or do you even care? I enjoy Colbert, but I don't catch him that often, it didn't take long to announce a replacement.
http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/stephen-colbert-to-replace-david-letterman-1201155423/

Kazimierz

I wonder if Colbert wants to play this straight, or keep up his persona as a pseudo republican commentator.

ricepig

Quote from: Kazimierz on April 10, 2014, 12:26:50 pm
I wonder if Colbert wants to play this straight, or keep up his persona as a pseudo republican commentator.

Well, Dave was a pseudo democrat commentator, wait, I don't think it was pseudo

Kazimierz

April 10, 2014, 01:55:52 pm #3 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:01:19 pm by Kazimierz
What I mean is that Colbert is a pretty liberal guy. He lampoons GOP and Conservative groups all the time and generally makes a farce of the tea party crowd because that plays well with his key demographic.  So, did CBS hire him to bring a clone of Colbert Report to late night? Or is he just going to be a regular late night host?

EDIT: Well, all it took was Google and my question was answered.  Colbert will not bring his character with him to CBS.  The show will be played straight, not as his Eagle screaming/conservative mock host.

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/2uxaru/5-x-five---colbert-report-on-america---patriotism

Uncle Ivan

The job should've went to Craig Ferguson.

The only way Colbert can be funny is if he were force-fed into a woodchipper.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 10, 2014, 08:29:01 pm
The job should've went to Craig Ferguson.

The only way Colbert can be funny is if he were force-fed into a woodchipper.

I agree...I don't watch late night talk shows very often...but Craig Ferguson was always my favorite...

Lions84

Lionheart88

Personally, I'd have broken new ground with the "equality & diversity" crowd and hired Yakov Smirnoff or Henry Cho.  Or maybe Foxworthy.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas