• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Started by ricepig, February 06, 2014, 09:38:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

The end of the Jay Leno era ends tonight. I remember when Jay took over for Johnny Carson thinking he won't last long. I'm not sure on Fallon, I may have to start going to bed earlier.

Valleysports

February 06, 2014, 10:14:21 pm #1 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 11:08:54 pm by Valleysports
Is D J Anderson a good addition, for us, rice?
We got some of those Pine Bluff kids too.

Uncle Ivan

Jimmy Fallon will fail,  just as Conan did.  Neither one's kind of humor will translate well to that timeslot. 

Funniest guy on late night is far and away Craig Ferguson.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on February 06, 2014, 10:14:21 pm
Is D J Anderson a good addition, for us, rice?
We got some of those Pine Bluff kids too.

Yep, he tore his MCL midway through last season, and only played again in the semi-finals against El Do, I assume he's back to full strength. He played QB as a sophomore and Jr, put moved to WR/RB this year. He's just an athlete, fast, elusive, but undersized.

Breitontime

At least he'll have more time for motorcycle/car events.

An event we're a vendor at in May, will have several of his bikes. It's a Concours Dr Elegance, set at the World Golf Village, approximately 300 bikes, invitation only.

Lions84

I will Miss Jay just like I did Johnny , Connan never grew on me hope that Jimmy will do a better job.

True Believer

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on February 07, 2014, 09:02:31 pm
I still miss Johnny.

Did you catch any of the specials they had on TCM on Johnny and some of his guests? They were still funny, but we're dated, that and Johnny smoking.

Texarkana_Piggie

i have rarely watched since johnny left in 92.  never really cared for jay.

DogsWin7

I never really cared for Jay Leno either.     Late night TV just isn't what it used to be...I'd almost say all the shows aren't the quality they used to be either. IMO.

True Believer

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2014, 09:51:07 pm
I still miss Johnny.

Did you catch any of the specials they had on TCM on Johnny and some of his guests? They were still funny, but we're dated, that and Johnny smoking.

I did see those!   Yep that generation was a hard drinking and smoking bunch!  It looks so weird to see people smoking on tv now.

But I still love Johnny the best.  I really never watched any of them.

I do like Jimmy Kimmel for some reason.  But he's still not Johnny Carson.

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on February 08, 2014, 08:05:42 am
Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2014, 09:51:07 pm
I still miss Johnny.

I did see those!   Yep that generation was a hard drinking and smoking bunch!  It looks so weird to see people smoking on tv now.

But I still love Johnny the best.  I really never watched any of them.

I do like Jimmy Kimmel for some reason.  But he's still not Johnny Carson.

Jay was ok, of course, most comedians are only as good as their writers. I never cared for Conan, and haven't watched Kimmel enough to decide if I like him or not. I guess I'll watch Kimmel and Fallon some to see if either will be interesting enough to stay up. Letterman is ok, but for some reason his demeanor makes me want to change the channel.

Rulesman

I used to stay up and watch Carson most every night. Of course, we were 25-30 years younger back then, so getting in bed early wasn't a big deal. Rarely was a Carson show bad enough to turn out the light. What little I watched of Leno (and Letterman) revolves around the guest list...and the DVR. Agree somewhat with pig on Letterman's demeanor. There are times he is 60-something going on 15. And I couldn't stand Leno reading most of his material off the teleprompter. He is not a good ad-libber.

True Fan

I liked Johnny.
I liked Jay.
Never cared for Conan.
Jimmy is a comedic genius and will do a great job.

Texarkana_Piggie

i have loved letterman ever since he came on the air in 82.  goofy wisecracking dry humor.  self depreciating.  still a fan of dave.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

I really liked Leno and I think he is genuinely a good and sincere guy which is probably one reason he always had better ratings than  Letterman.

Give Fallon a chance and you will be impressed. I made the statement to my wife that I thought he may be the most talented man in America (celebrity wise old course). He's good.

dc24

I liked Leno, loved the headlines segment, but I never made much of an effort to watch any late night TV shows because I don't really care about the guests at all.  I've watched old Johnny Carson and he was a different breed, not really fair to everyone else to compare them. 

I am ok with Letterman.  I think Craig Ferguson is by far and away the best on late night TV.  I laugh at his show non-stop when I make time to watch it.  I don't care for Kimmel, but I don't hate him either.  He has some good segments sometimes.  I just really don't care for Fallon.  I didn't care for him on SNL and I haven't cared for his late night show.  He has some good segments like they all do, but I don't laugh at his as much as I do others.

Lions84

Never ever liked Dave Letterman.  I will give Jimmy a sporting chance , Connan never had a chance cause we watched Jay at 9 the news at 10 and went to bed.

cuckoobird

I'm just glad Arsenio is back on

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas