• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JFK Assassination

Started by Uncle Ivan, November 21, 2013, 03:34:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Ivan

How many on here remember it?

Jacketman65

I do, was in school when the news broke.  Remember my parents being very upset that something like that could still happen in the country.  Also, the pictures in I believe Newsweek!

Jack1990

Was not alive at the time, but have been fascinated with it since I can remember. Read as much as I can, studied the Warren Commission Report, overall find the entire event intriguing.

monster_island

I vaguely remember the funeral.

Brian G

I was just 3 months old.  It was something that you seemed to remember as you heard about it all the time growing up.

Sadly, we will never again collectively react in such a way if the exact same thing happened again.  Too many factions of citizenships simply don't respect the position enough to mourn such a tragedy the same way.

True Believer

November 21, 2013, 08:53:36 pm #5 Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:03:20 pm by True Believer
I remember my mom crying.  I remember watching the funeral procession on black and white tv.  I remember the riderless horse with the boots in the stirrups backwards.  He looked beautiful.  And jumping around. 

Kazimierz

I wasn't alive. However, anytime a president is slain the nation should mourn.  I will say that it made a president who chickened out of the bay-of-pigs, got us into Vietnam, and became a saint/hero while LBJ became a goat.

Nothing against Pres. Kennedy, but the cult of personality that follows a murdered president always glosses over the negatives.  All that aside, truly a dark day in our Nation's history.

Romeo

So, do you think Lee Harvey Oswald really acted alone?

MHSPANTHERS

I was 3 1/2 years old.  The only thing I remember was my mom crying and how sacred she was.  Of course, that scared me.
My Mom would later tell me the story about how we were coming home from grocery shopping and she heard the news on the radio. Of course, she rushed home and turned on the tv.  The images of her reaction is very clear.

Like Jack1990, I have always been fascinated by the tragic events in Dallas and have read numerous books, the Warren Commission Report and watched a multitude of documentaries. Initially, I thought there might have been some sort of conspiracy.  However, it is my belief now that Oswald acted alone.

True Believer

I believe he acted alone. 

Lions84

I was not born till Dec 65 so I missed it but I remember Bobby and MLK shootings.  I believe Oswall had help and a 2nd shooter.  But that is IMO based on the Warren Report and other stuff I have read since I was in HS.

Breitontime

Seems a lot of people have reversed the statement "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what can you do for your country."

Hoghead

I was 5, I remember there was full coverage all day on the 3 channels ABC, CBS, & NBC of the President being killed. My relitives cried like most of America. A very sad day in the USA.

Texarkana_Piggie

i was less than a month old.  mom was feeding me a bottle when she heard the news on tv.  or so i'm told....

Valleysports

Less than a month old and you were on a bottle in 1963?

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Valleysports on December 26, 2013, 12:38:25 am
i guess...i was only a month old.  i don't know!  ha!

Lionheart88

I've heard my dad tell the story many times, how he was a 1st-semester freshman, sitting in a parking lot at what was then Arkansas A&M, waiting on a buddy to finish class so they could carpool home when the news broke over the radio.

Valleysports

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on December 26, 2013, 12:07:05 pm

I was enjoying the same benefits having been born at Wadley not long before!  ;)

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Valleysports on December 28, 2013, 06:27:32 pm

I was enjoying the same benefits having been born at Wadley not long before!  ;)

ha!  i was born at st michael when they were still downtown....before they stopped delivering babies.

True Believer

Quote from: Valleysports on December 28, 2013, 06:27:32 pm

Both my kids were born at Wadley. 

Hoghead

Quote from: Lions84 on November 22, 2013, 09:46:04 am
I was not born till Dec 65 so I missed it but I remember Bobby and MLK shootings.  I believe Oswall had help and a 2nd shooter.  But that is IMO based on the Warren Report and other stuff I have read since I was in HS.

The Oswald shooting by Jack Ruby is rumored to be a HIT called by Mafia Crime Boss Myer Lansky.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hoghead on January 04, 2014, 09:22:10 am
The Oswald shooting by Jack Ruby is rumored hito be a HIT called by Mafia Crime Boss Myer Lansky.

My high school history teacher would agree with you....Kinda suprised me that he added that to what our Books had to say about it.

Hoghead

Quote from: HF on January 04, 2014, 11:42:34 am
Quote from: Hoghead on January 04, 2014, 09:22:10 am
The Oswald shooting by Jack Ruby is rumored to be a HIT called by Mafia Crime Boss Myer Lansky.

My high school history teacher would agree with you....Kinda suprised me that he added that to what our Books had to say about it.
The intangebles are endless in the JFK asassination.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas